• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenai

Y'ALL get Hella defensive over my opinion of what I'd like to see in the game, which will likely not even happen. Lol.

A lot of people might take it the wrong way since Savage Coil is pretty goddamn brutal and most of us haven't even cleared normal T9. Aka "this isn't hard ya'll can't clear it cause yer scrubs". Calling Savage Coil anything but hard doesn't make sense.

There's also tons of gil sinks and time sinks in the game. Ask anyone who's got a 90+ desynther (a few of us do, like less than 10 in the guild on Ultros?) or anyone who has bought/grinded out any of the new vanity weps/crafter mainhands. they take quite a decent amount of effort and time or money, and that's not including the pre-reqs you'd have done pre-patch.

basically, it would be nice if you could extrapolate a bit more on why the current timesinks/gilsinks/savage coil/whatever are not meeting your difficulty requests or it might be a waste of a question for Kagari to ask.

I'm kinda hoping that they'll add a Colosseum at some point, for more Trials along the line of Hydra and Chimera. Though of course, in most cases I would expect most these fights to be rehashed versions of earlier fights, like scaled up versions of HM boss dungeons.

Mostly, itd be a good way of adding more content with relatively little work, and you could tie it to gear progression, Zodiac progression, etc.

That seems like the kind of thing we'd find at something like the Gold Saucer. They've only announced a few things about it right?

On a different note, we will be speaking with Yoshida at Gamescom next week. Looking for any questions you guys would like to see answered.

i'd like to see a hard solo fight, equivalent to titan ex. preferably for the relic chain or similar content. so far relic has been time consuming and nothing else. ask them if they plan to add unique challenging encounters for solo content. no echo, just true relic fights. something you have to face on your own. no cheating.

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
On a different note, we will be speaking with Yoshida at Gamescom next week. Looking for any questions you guys would like to see answered.

Please congratulate him on the hunt system and tell him to make absolutely no changes; everything is perfect. Also ask him to praise Tanaka.

(Is there going to be more customisation on gear in the future? The Novus seems a nice start, but with the low variety of gear on the same ilevel stat-wise there's not really much difference between characters on the same class. In the same vein, will there ever be (non-overmeldable) materia slots on gear that drops from coil/tomestones?)

Please congratulate him on the hunt system and tell him to make absolutely no changes; everything is perfect. Also ask him to praise Tanaka.

(Is there going to be more customisation on gear in the future? The Novus seems a nice start, but with the low variety of gear on the same ilevel stat-wise there's not really much difference between characters on the same class. In the same vein, will there ever be (non-overmeldable) materia slots on gear that drops from coil/tomestones?)

Better yet, will there be non stats on gear in the future? Something more then just straight stats, like procs or bonuses to certain skills.

Hmm, usually it's Maelstrom with the long queues.

- Hunts are broken and brought a lot bad karma to the community, how is the team planning to fix this?

- Novus is only avaliable to those that are heavily invested into the game economy, how do you plan to make those other players access to relic upgrades like Novus?

- Any planned upgrades for Macros? They are very limited in functionality, like unable to do do individual party messages when you stack more than one skill.

- Did I tell you that hunts are broken? I did? ok, who cares! please fix it.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Question for Yoshida:

- Any thought into expanding on Odin, his lore and history with perhaps a true fight against the Elder Primal?

After that, I don't have anything. I'll leave the Hunt questions to Kagari. =)

Edit

- There is a distinct lack of kick ass, official Monk artwork. How are you approaching this critical problem?

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
How're hunts going on US servers right now? It's really settled down well on Yojimbo (JP server). PF has dedicated Hunt parties, everyone yells to the whole zone and counts down to make sure people in the area get to the mob before engaging.

It's been largely pretty friendly and cooperative.

Hunts, at least where I am, work perfectly.

A little while ago I was angry about Hunts because it was killing DF queues, but after joining a hunt party in PF, I was really impressed by how it functioned.

How're hunts going on US servers right now? It's really settled down well on Yojimbo (JP server). PF has dedicated Hunt parties, everyone yells to the whole zone and counts down to make sure people in the area get to the mob before engaging.

It's been largely pretty friendly and cooperative.

Hunts, at least where I am, work perfectly.

A little while ago I was angry about Hunts because it was killing DF queues, but after joining a hunt party in PF, I was really impressed by how it functioned.

FC's like to keep hunt finds secret so they can benefit.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Hunts are literally broken at the moment. I was present for a S rank from 100%-0%, Full Party, all of us spamming everything.

Our reward? 5 Seals. And this wasn't the first time this has happened to me, and someone else in my party. Either I'm paranoid or there's some bug.

Kenai

Hmm, usually it's Maelstrom with the long queues.

1) Any chance of removing crafting mats from the boss chests and putting them as random drops from the side chests that have potions and things in them now? because seeing Minimumx2 or Voisend Blood after a boss kill is extremely underwhelming/depressing/whatever.

2) New Summoner Egis have been talked about, but have there been any plans for new Scholar pets and/or pet abilities?

3) NIN; STR or DEX? (prolly can ignore this one since it will prolly be answered there)

Lol, how many times does SE need to shit on people that think hunts are broken before they get it?

If they do anything substantial that is hunt-related it won't be til the next set of gear. What would be the point of doing it now?

But I'd be quite surprised if SE was totally ok with the playbase largely ignoring pretty much all other content (ramuh/new/olddungeons ect) because the risk/reward ratio compared to hunts isn't there. Or massive amounts of people abandoning ST because an S rank popped on their server as another example.

Sorian

Banned
Hunts are literally broken at the moment. I was present for a S rank from 100%-0%, Full Party, all of us spamming everything.

Our reward? 5 Seals. And this wasn't the first time this has happened to me, and someone else in my party. Either I'm paranoid or there's some bug.

If true then yeah, its broken. What really happened if I had to hazard a guess is that your party was all there from 100-0% but the mob was invisible to most of you for a majority of the fight which means you can spam all day, you aren't generating aggro. This is still a problem but its on the culling system not the hunt system.

BadRNG

Ask him on thoughts about going for a full token system in third coil, cause fuck this game's loot tables and rng in general. If he says it's fine as is throw water in his face and storm out. Maybe save this question for last.

Also second frontline's queue system question. It takes forever as is, and half the time doesn't even try and balance properly. I got into a match the other day with 8 total players on my team, out of 50 some-odd players acceptance. We still won (Maelstronk) but that was purely because the team with all the players (Flames) were incompetent and didn't defend anything. If they weren't brain dead it would of been impossible to do much of anything being outnumbered that bad.

Sorian

Banned
If they do anything substantial that is hunt-related it won't be til the next set of gear. What would be the point of doing it now?

But I'd be quite surprised if SE was totally ok with the playbase largely ignoring pretty much all other content (ramuh/new/olddungeons ect) because the risk/reward ratio compared to hunts isn't there. Or massive amounts of people abandoning ST because an S rank popped on their server as another example.

Whatever the new type of tome is in 2.4 won't drop in large quantities from hunts, ta-da. Hunts were the method to get the player base up to end game level in preparation of 2.4, they won't be particularly helpful once 2.4 comes out. This is exactly how it was intended. If they wanted a lot of people to care about Ramuh and farm it everyday then they would have given him useful gear. He's as useful as Mog was in 2.3. Kill it once and maybe farm a bit more if you want the lackluster piece of gear for your class.

i ran into another S spawn last night. i don't think i've ever witnessed more people in a single place than that time in mor. the large knight flickered in and out. it looked like that sprite bug the NES loved to put out. the mob was being reset every 2 minutes. at some point, all that was visible to me was a small puddle of effects with a lonely dragoon in the middle, jumping in and out. it looked like an oasis of -no fucks given-. i think the fight lasted 10-15 minutes. that thing was unkillable. i had to mute the sound because the sound effects were piercing my ears.

i got like 5 seals. at least some of my mates got a log.

Sorian

Banned
i ran into another S spawn last night. i don't think i've ever witnessed more people in a single place than that time in mor. the large knight flickered in and out. it looked like that sprite bug the NES loved to put out. the mob was being reset every 2 minutes. at some point, all that was visible to me was a small puddle of effects with a lonely dragoon in the middle, jumping in and out. it looked like an oasis of -no fucks given-. i think the fight lasted 10-15 minutes. that thing was unkillable. i had to mute the sound because the sound effects were piercing my ears.

i got like 5 seals. at least some of my mates got a log.

You fought the one S rank that has mechanics. He casts a move that makes it so that magic damage heals him for a window of time. The other people fighting didn't know this or gave no shits and continued to attack. So all you guys did was weaken him, heal him, weaken him, heal him etc. etc.

Isaccard

Question for Yoshida:

- Any thought into expanding on Odin, his lore and history with perhaps a true fight against the Elder Primal?

After that, I don't have anything. I'll leave the Hunt questions to Kagari. =)

Edit

- There is a distinct lack of kick ass, official Monk artwork. How are you approaching this critical problem?

This question was already asked and answered.

You fought the one S rank that has mechanics. He casts a move that makes it so that magic damage heals him for a window of time. The other people fighting didn't know this or gave no shits and continued to attack. So all you guys did was weaken him, heal him, weaken him, heal him etc. etc.

i see. i only knew about the reflecting bit. they hurt melees. you can't control the zerg.

BadRNG

Question for Yoshida:

This has been asked before, during one of the many E3 interviews he did iirc, and they've said there will be more to come for Odin.

When you say spamming everything, does this include healers, and if so did they attack the mob first?

1) Any chance of removing crafting mats from the boss chests and putting them as random drops from the side chests that have potions and things in them now? because seeing Minimumx2 or Voisend Blood after a boss kill is extremely underwhelming/depressing/whatever.

3) NIN; STR or DEX? (prolly can ignore this one since it will prolly be answered there)
The chest thing was asked in last live letter if I remember right, and they said they are looking into adjustments. For STR/DEX he's been asked that before as well, but while he's never given a straight answer he did say once to hold on to your melee gear. I'm guessing STR/MNK sharing.

WolvenOne

That seems like the kind of thing we'd find at something like the Gold Saucer. They've only announced a few things about it right?

Yeah, would make a ton of sense to put it there. In fact there was something a lot like this in the FFVII Gold Saucer, though it was more akin to a boss rush.

Just experienced how fucked up a run in the labyrinth of the ancient can be when one alliance is just messing up.pretty incredible to see 1 badly placed player can wipe 23 players playing perfectly.

Clap clap

Wilsongt

Just experienced how fucked up a run in the labyrinth of the ancient can be when one alliance is just messing up.pretty incredible to see 1 badly placed player can wipe 23 players playing perfectly.

Clap clap

All it takes is one person to screw up the pads/adds in the Atomos fight, or one tank not controlling Iron Giant during King Bebe to really ruin a night.

WolvenOne

Clap clap

Tanks mostly, in CT2 even with three tanks two are mostly superfluous most of the time. (The few times they're not is when CT2 can get hairy.) In CT1, six tanks are necessary, and while a couple are superfluous in most the fights, there's still far more need for them than in CT2.

Basically, the chance of a tank screwing up positioning in CT1 is extremely high, so even if a everyone else plays well, one or two tanks botching things can derail the whole affair.

Sophia

They should have adjusted Labrynth of the Ancients to three tanks, seeing as it doesn't require six. Would have made the whole experience much more bearable.

I didn't expect em too however, considering they've left HM Titan as a two tank fight in Duty Finder.

WolvenOne

All the tanks in ST just fight the MT for control, leaving the melee and healers to tank the adds and die.

I haven't tanked ST much yet, but I'll admit that's hecka annoying, being in the middle of tanking a boss in the proper position, only for another tank to run and and try voking it off me. Doesn't usually work mind you, since I'm hecka geared and pull far ahead again almost immediately, but it's still annoying.

They couldn't just, ask, or take turns on different bosses or whatnot.

Incidentally, I would just assume tank those adds, it beats getting in annoying enmity battles at least, and makes things a lot less chaotic.

Zomba13

All the tanks in ST just fight the MT for control, leaving the melee and healers to tank the adds and die.

Worst part of tanking CT2 is when you ask who will be MT and no one answers so you do it yourself and then end up fighting the other two tanks for hate on the boss because they decide they want to be the big dick tank man.

Enmity wars are fun to watch...until a certain point. Of course if the tank is a Coil veteran, enmity wars just don't happen.

I was ripping Amon off the tank and I'm a MNK! Not sure how that is possible.

WolvenOne

Worst part of tanking CT2 is when you ask who will be MT and no one answers so you do it yourself and then end up fighting the other two tanks for hate on the boss because they decide they want to be the big dick tank man.

Ayep. :p

A lot of people doing this really aren't in a position to be MTing either. I've taken hate off a few using only my DPS rotation for crying out loud. Pretty certain everywhere there had to slow the burn, just to prevent hate shenanigans.

Yeah, this happens every time I do ST. Not sure why people are so stupid. None of the boss in ST hit so hard that it needs tank swapping or anything.

Another annoying thing is Scylla fight, when people kitting a fireball just to get it extinguished by another person who get in a way....

Teknoman

This. Runner up, people have new ladies and gents in their party, no one asks or speaks up, and then they get pissed when wiping.

gmdP7Vs.jpg

Alright which 3 of you was this?

Noi

I've yet to have problems with MTs in Syrcus Tower. If someone fights me for hate, I do the "responsible" thing and just let them have it whole I go grab adds.

What I HAVE had problems with is the robot adds during the second boss. Every time, without failure, someone will grab the robot that I'm supposed to tank and drag it all the way to the other side of the arena. If it's not a wipe, its the whole alliance barely jumping to the platform before the blast goes off.

Every time, without failure, someone will grab the robot that I'm supposed to tank and drag it all the way to the other side of the arena.

That would be whatever healer has the most aggro from Medica II. It's not anyone doing it on purpose.

Noi

That would be whatever healer has the most aggro from Medica II. It's not anyone doing it on purpose.

Tell that to the Tanks that I visibly watch provoke the robot off me and pull it to where there's another one already being positioned!

Frumix

Suffering From Success
To put in perspective the quality of Excalibur community...
There is a SCOB learning linkshell.
Yeah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom