• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

aceface

Hmm, usually it's Maelstrom with the long queues.

On a different note, we will be speaking with Yoshida at Gamescom next week. Looking for any questions you guys would like to see answered.

What are they going to do about atma drop rates or are they planning on making them more easily available? I only play 3 hours a night and I would spend an hour of that farming atmas. After I was stuck on the same zone without an atma for a week I gave up. Which sucks cause I'd love to do the books because at least there's a feeling of progress. Plus I have tons of myth and nothing to spend it on.

Isaccard

I PM'd all my questions, I forget that there's still people working on Atma right now, I feel like they probably don't want to increase the drop rate if they haven't done it already

Eldren

I'd wait till after the fan festival before asking about that stuff.

Feel free to hammer him about the dungeon loot right now if nothing else

Oh good point, I'd somehow completely forgotten about the Fan Festival. Dungeon loot is definitely a good issue to raise though.

Teknoman

On a different note, we will be speaking with Yoshida at Gamescom next week. Looking for any questions you guys would like to see answered.

Small question but: When will the different unique Limit Break animations be implemented, and whether or not they will be completely original, or still inspired by past Final Fantasy games?

Also if he plans to alter other unique animations such as the duty complete victory animation.

And even though its not likely, please still grill him on the Atma drop rate, or whether they will implement a quest that gives you a key item, allowing for a higher atma drop rate percentage.

EDIT: One more question - Any thoughts on repurposing Odin for other content, furthering his storyline, or figuring out a way for large participation fates to be a little better structured? As thing are now, and as they have been, its a bit of a mess. Especially with video/sound limits.

Q1

I'm not sure how to word this yet, but I would like Yoshida to address the following concern. It's not about nerfing Hunts now or anything, but the longer term effect of hunts on the player base. Right now, it's very quick and easy for many to improve their character's ilvl/gear through the rewards earned by killing hunt marks. Throw in that you get a lot of myth and soldiery, and it's basically a fast track to decking out all your classes that's preferred over any of the traditional content (ie Dungeons/DR).

If future content updates don't have a similar way for players to quickly improve their gear/characters, it might be possible they'll get frustrated with the slower pace - something that was the norm until hunts. This in turn could lead to people leaving the game. Is Yoshida concerned at all about the possible negative long term effects of hunts?

Q2

Are they considering any alternative methods to helping newer players learn difficult content? Echo only helps so much if you don't know the mechanics, and it feels like it's basically a nudge to get groups who are already close to clearing a battle over the hump. Would something like a "practice" mode be considered? Allowing a group to try out a raid battle and jump to any part of it to improve their technique? Or perhaps "rewind" the battle to a previous spot after failing so players can point out what went wrong and practice that particular part to better improve their mechanics? Obviously, there would be no rewards for completing a raid in this mode.

Q3

Are any other in-game items being considered for real money transactions aside from fantasia potions?

Q4

With the popularity of PVP in Frontline, have you given any thought to possibly opening world pvp? Perhaps dividing servers in to PVP and PVE?

I suppose one thing I'm curious about is what the future is for the easiest of the level 50 dungeons, like WP or AK. As item levels get higher and higher and shortcuts to getting a good set (e.g. i90) continue to get implemented, will the older dungeons be repurposed or phased out somehow? Will item level sync be expanded to include certain dungeons in order to keep players on a level playing field? (For example, to prevent an ilvl 45 tank from getting sidelined by i110 DPS).

Prototype

Question1.
will paladin being getting any tweaks? I'd love to see something like FF11 ability
Enlight that adds holy element/increased damage. Also some undead related skills and finally some way to hold AOE hate better.

2nd question.
When will Dark Knight job come? I want some giant 2 handed sword.

Edit.
Q3.
please don't make getting relic quests easier, for those of us who are going thru atma/animis/novus it's been a grind, seems unfair if the requirements get made easier in the future for those who have already put time in.

Isaccard

Question1.
will paladin being getting any tweaks? I'd love to see something like FF11 ability
Enlight that adds holy element/increased damage. Also some undead related skills and finally some way to hold AOE hate better.

2nd question.
When will Dark Knight job come? I want some giant 2 handed sword.

Edit.
Q3.
please don't make getting relic quests easier, for those of us who are going thru atma/animis/novus it's been a grind, seems unfair if the requirements get made easier in the future for those who have already put time in.

A bit selfish don't you think? He's already said that as new content is released older content will be gradually made easier, not sure if it will ever include the relic quest chain though, but why not?

these are terrible questions btw, we won't hear about other jobs probably until the fan festival, buff paladin has been asked in a similar vein and he already said no, need more AoE hate, keep circle of scorn on cool down and spam flash more.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Avatar doesn't seem to be that difficult, but holy shit is it healing intensive.
Also, the entry area gives me vertigo.

Sophia

Are there any plans to make Paladins less monotonous to play? Perhaps some improvements to their cooldowns or rotational abilities?

Are there any plans to adjust cross-class abilities to be more useful? And possibly removing job-only equipment so we can actually drop down to a class when convenient?

Any plans to adjust pet controls? Manual toggling of pet abilities would be fantastic over the current system of just "Sic" and "Obey"

Vanilla or Chocolate Ice Cream? :p

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Avatar is basically a giant training dummy.

wait-what-gif.gif

How about talking with Sony about possibly adding the soundtrack to the Playstation Store for a downloadable purchase. Kinda like what Sucker Punch did with the Infamous Second Son OST

Aeana

Avatar doesn't seem to be that difficult, but holy shit is it healing intensive.

It's 100% predictable healing, though. It never changes once your group decides on a tower order, unless your missile runner screws up.

Ken

Frontlines really needs more mini-map and map elements like pings, flags, and ways to tell if a party or alliance member is engaged in combat. Balance aside, it's like they designed this in a vacuum.

Taruranto

Personally, I'd like to know if he plans to add more complex maps with fronlines. Labyrinths, interactions with the environment, traps, dangerous mobs that roam the map, etc.

If you are a healer you can basically skip training for that fight and just watch a video. Won it on the second night I tried it, lol.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
If you are a healer you can basically skip training for that fight and just watch a video. Won it on the second night I tried it, lol.

That assumes your tank is on the ball and isn't going to take any more damage than absolutely necessary.

Which I can't.

Sophia

Frontlines really needs more mini-map and map elements like pings, flags, and ways to tell if a party or alliance member is engaged in combat. Balance aside, it's like they designed this in a vacuum.

Two things that'd be really nice: an indicator for when someone is fighting or capturing a location, and an indicator when the next event in middle is going to happen.

They probably just wanted to get it out the door tho, so I wouldn't be surprised if these things come later.

Prototype

A bit selfish don't you think? He's already said that as new content is released older content will be gradually made easier, not sure if it will ever include the relic quest chain though, but why not?

these are terrible questions btw, we won't hear about other jobs probably until the fan festival, buff paladin has been asked in a similar vein and he already said no, need more AoE hate, keep circle of scorn on cool down and spam flash more.

I guess so, just seems like the potentially months worth of time it takes to get one is pointless of the next update makes things trivially easy. Pretty much kills my motivation to go all the way to novus. It's not good to have players of your game not wanting to do content because they know in the next update things will get easier.

Also Paladin should at least get Enlight.

Edit. Some map control mechanics would be cool in frontlines. Something like a drawbridge that you can take control of and raise and lower for your team at will after capturing it.

Finally another way to get allied seals besides hunts. I'm pretty much checked out of that mess as so many people show up the monster is either dead before you get there or so many people show up you can't even see the monster making it pointless to show up at all.

edit2.
on the subject of dark knight, it's still very strange to me that a fantasy styled mmo ddoesn't have 2 handed swords. It's a fucking weird omission in a fantasy setting imo. What no one in Eorzea makes 2 handed swords? It's really dumb imo.

Ken

Two things that'd be really nice: an indicator for when someone is fighting or capturing a location, and an indicator when the next event in middle is going to happen.

They probably just wanted to get it out the door tho, so I wouldn't be surprised if these things come later.

Would also like an indicator for when an outpost is contested. It's really hard to tell if a base needs help or not.

So ready to try Turn 8, I've beat T7 as a dps and a healer but my group as a whole has been unable to beat it together...hoping we can so I can get to T8

Baleoce

Would also like an indicator for when an outpost is contested. It's really hard to tell if a base needs help or not.

Commentary ala Quake / UT CTF is what I'm looking for. But something that sounds more in the style of this game. Should get the heads of each nation to voice act it xD Allow you to filter it based on how much information you want, or even turn it off altogether.

Mairu

I guess so, just seems like the potentially months worth of time it takes to get one is pointless of the next update makes things trivially easy. Pretty much kills my motivation to go all the way to novus. It's not good to have players of your game not wanting to do content because they know in the next update things will get easier.
Everything from the previous patch will get easier in the following patch. This is the MMO model FFXIV is following. This also makes it easier for new players to catch up. If you can't find motivation to do current content because it'll get easier in the future, I'm not sure what's keeping you playing. Are you complaining each time they add echo to a new fight? Are you going to make the same comment when they add the next tier of Coil and add echo to the current tier? Are you angry that they added alternate methods for gaining oils and sands - making it easier to gear up and get past current tier content?

It's a good thing that you don't always have to play at the top level to experience or see most of the content- nerfing old grinds is a part of that.

Prototype

Nope just always like the idea of there being "hard" content that makes some items special. When not everyone has something it makes seeing said something more exciting.

It's fine if that 14s model, I'm just asking for what I want.

And that's what I want.

Ken

Nope just always like the idea of there being "hard" content that makes some items special. When not everyone has something it makes seeing said something more exciting.

uh, there's always hard content

there's a reason you don't see coil nerfs until next round of coil is out

Mairu

It's fine if that 14s model, I'm just asking for what I want.

And that's what I want.

There is hard content. How much of Savage Coil do you have down?

Can you ask if he can add Steam Achievements and Steam Cards?

Please please please please Kagari!

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Trying to sell materia, get undercut in minutes.
Do I need to start buying out undercuts and sell them at my price or what.

Prototype

There is hard content. How much of Savage Coil do you have down?

The Second Coil of Bahamut (Savage) - The insane man's version of the Second Coil. Provides no added benefits other than a title for each turn cleared, at an insane difficulty spike.

http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/2a8mmn/so_you_just_hit_level_50_in_patch_23/

What's the point? Nothing new to get (gear wise) from doing it.

Love how when I say hard this is what's brought up, when I was originally talking about the relic quest, which is hard, but in a different way, I.e. time consuming, gil consuming, ect. Many different types of difficulty. Don't be that guy and shoe horn yourself into a bad straw man. So nice try with the cheeky response.

Y'ALL get Hella defensive over my opinion of what I'd like to see in the game, which will likely not even happen. Lol.

Ask him also about a preview of the new endgame content after coil finishes in 2.4 or what to expect

Like more 8 man's or something different

Mairu

The Second Coil of Bahamut (Savage) - The insane man's version of the Second Coil. Provides no added benefits other than a title for each turn cleared, at an insane difficulty spike.

http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/2a8mmn/so_you_just_hit_level_50_in_patch_23/

What's the point? Nothing new to get (gear wise) from doing it.

Love how when I say hard this is what's brought up, when I was originally talking about the relic quest, which is hard, but in a different way, I.e. time consuming, gil consuming, ect. Many different types of difficulty. Don't be that guy and shoe horn yourself into a bad straw man. So nice try with the cheeky response.

Y'ALL get Hella defensive over my opinion of what I'd like to see in the game, which will likely not even happen. Lol.

"I want hard content, but not actually hard content."

There's a ton of Korean MMOs out there full of worthless grinds that you'll probably find really appealing. "Lol."

Sorian

Banned
It still requires a certain level of skill and knowledge of one's job - something that doing the relic quest really does not.

It did originally but now gear trumps any kind of skill needed in the HM primal fights. Maybe the next step with involve killing some more primals.

WolvenOne

I'm kinda hoping that they'll add a Colosseum at some point, for more Trials along the line of Hydra and Chimera. Though of course, in most cases I would expect most these fights to be rehashed versions of earlier fights, like scaled up versions of HM dungeun bosses.

Mostly, it'd be a good way of adding more content with relatively little work, and you could tie it to gear progression, Zodiac progression, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom