• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.
As someone who plays melee in PvE you're way under estimating (a good) mnk/drg in PvP

I know of good melee in arena pvp. In frontlines I would rather take more ranged

edit: like would I want three melee on my frontlines group. not really. 1/2 is fine, but they just aren't as good as bring another range/healer

Sophia

A good melee who knows how to harass the crap out of me is good for the team. Especially one that pops the limit break, as Mature noted.

I have dealt with really pesky DRG's as WHM and they are not fun to deal with. Add in a MRD or MNK who know what they're doing and yuck.

They need to give us at least 2 or 3 more maps for Frontlines at least.

Sophia

They were talking about at least randomizing the starting points, so that's something. Personally I wouldn't mind if they focused on having two or three very strong frontlines maps to play from.

tbh I would rather have them focus on actually balancing pvp/queue times for ppl not in flames then maps. They had all of wolves den to look at the balance and they really didn't do all that they could have

Avallon

I bought this game during the steam sale and am ready to activate my account. Can someone "Recruit-a-friend" me? I want them bonuses.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Tiduz has shown me the wonders of glamouring gear. Everyone should be armed with a giant fork, or possibly a pimp outfit.

Chocolat made me show everyone my party hat, though. I felt so violated . T_T

KXyTFU1.jpg

when you enter FL, that synch message clearly states that materia is ignored while level synch is active. i made a test with i70 items + with overall ilvl below 80 when i entered the zone. materia was inactive on both tests.

is that a scam, a bug or just a mistranslation?

Frumix

Suffering From Success
when you enter FL, that synch message clearly states that materia is ignored while level synch is active. i made a test with i70 items + with overall ilvl below 80 when i entered the zone. materia was inactive on both tests.

is that a scam, a bug or just a mistranslation?

Pretty sure materia is inactive in FL period.

Isaccard

Today I learned in FC chat there are smn's who use bio before Raging Strikes because RS is too far down on their keyboard so they can't be bothered to use/rebind it

I'd hate to be in that guys group

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Goddamn the crystal/shards market is on the rise

I just put up all my fire and wind shards, when all sell (roughly 17,500 shards)l, I'll have gained 3.2million just off those...

GAWD DAMN!

By Graverobbers beard! There's just no pleasing some people! XD

No more Beard ; ;

Had to lose it for surgery reasons =S
agSlszom.jpg

Wilsongt

Today I learned in FC chat there are smn's who use bio before Raging Strikes because RS is too far down on their keyboard so they can't be bothered to use/rebind it

#notallsmns

I keep Raging Strikes on a sidebar. My rotation is muscle memory at this point, and when I play Bard in ST I get all screwed up when I go back to SMN or other things.

That's me who uses Bio before Raging strikes..
I also use Bio again before the raging strikes wears off. I've never heard a complaint about my DPS before. I've been averaging around 400 DPS in Turn 8. I'm sure it could be better but we're still in progression on that fight, too.

Also, I play on controller, not keyboard and it has nothing to do with the way my Raging Strikes is binded, not sure where you got any of that. :p

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
No, the Raging Strikes thing was my comment.

Not sure why he's so angry. It was tongue-in-cheek, and it's not like I plan to play SMN at 50.

jackal27

Banned
I feel like folks on my server aren't very friendly or something... I just spent 30-45 minutes waving at folks and just asking stuff like "You enjoying the game so far?" and saying to newcomers "Welcome to the game!". Not a single response or acknowledgement. I don't really get it man.

Folks in Guild Wars 2 are SUPER friendly, but I'm almost level 22 and I'm yet to make a single friend in this game despite my efforts. It's kind of killing the experience for me.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I still Bio II > Miasma > Bio, sorry breh.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Man maybe i mixed it up with NPC selling or something, or because its out of the way now, I dont pay attention? Either way, i've got some marketing to do!

Yeah you could sell shard/crystals/clusters on the MB since Day 1

How do you think gil sellers/botters made their gil?
They would just farm shards, accumulate an absurd amount and sell them

I got all mine through smart buying when people would quit (firesale) their quantity + farming for daily maps netted me a nice chunk of shards/crystals
Now it's my turn to do the same, but great thing is the economy is lopsided in need of these materials, so prices are 4 to 5 times the price I bought them
I mean fire shards used to be 40 per for 1000, now I have 1000 for sale for 195 per...

Mature

After many runs... I finally got my Pilgrim Robe. Now I can be more like Edda!

I feel like folks on my server aren't very friendly or something... I just spent 30-45 minutes waving at folks and just asking stuff like "You enjoying the game so far?" and saying to newcomers "Welcome to the game!". Not a single response or acknowledgement. I don't really get it man.

Folks in Guild Wars 2 are SUPER friendly, but I'm almost level 22 and I'm yet to make a single friend in this game despite my efforts. It's kind of killing the experience for me.
Consider that some (this isn't an excuse for everyone) are playing on console and may have a hard time typing anything to you.

What server are you on?

jackal27

Banned
Consider that some (this isn't an excuse for everyone) are playing on console and may have a hard time typing anything to you.

What server are you on?

You know, I never even considered that, but you're probably right. That's sad. I'm on Famfrit. I usually like being on low population servers, but not being able to meet anyone is making consider switching. Then again, I have a friend who made his character on this server. Then again, he never freaking plays.

Sophia

It might just be your server or the specific people on at the time. I make it a goal of mine to be extremely friendly. Welcoming new people, helping others out, greeting the housing area when I come back, etc. Most people respond pretty warmly once they realize I'm not trying to troll. :p

Working on A Relic Reborn... and got stuck. Am I undergeared for Titan (Hard)? Any suggestions?
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/7953054/

Your HP is a bit low. You could do well to replace that weapon/shield or ring with something better. The echo buff should kick in after a few failed attempts, so you don't need to do anything drastic. Maybe eat some vitality food.

However, remember: Titan is a fight of mechanics. You win or you lose largely by your personal skill. If you're getting hit by landslides/bomb, or if your group is being awful with plumes, then you will die regardless of gear.

Teknoman

Heh I had a random conversation due to a complaint emote of note getting an atma after a fate. Despite hunts making people spew acid everywhere, Ultros is still cool in general.

It might just be your server or the specific people on at the time. I make it a goal of mine to be extremely friendly. Welcoming new people, helping others out, greeting the housing area when I come back, etc. Most people respond pretty warmly once they realize I'm not trying to troll. :p

Your HP is a bit low. You could do well to replace that weapon/shield or ring with something better. The echo buff should kick in after a few failed attempts, so you don't need to do anything drastic. Maybe eat some vitality food.

However, remember: Titan is a fight of mechanics. You win or you lose largely by your personal skill. If you're getting hit by landslides/bomb, or if your group is being awful with plumes, then you will die regardless of gear.

It might be beneficial to replace your body piece with a myth piece, or even try diving into CT1. While Titan HM is mechanic intensive, if the fight draws out for too long your HP is going to be a liability due to stomps.

Thanks for the suggestions. I just unlocked CT1, so I might do just that (assuming it's doable with my current gear).

Sophia

Thanks for the suggestions. I just unlocked CT1, so I might do just that (assuming it's doable with my current gear).

Shouldn't be an issue as long as you meet the item requirements. Labyrinth of the Ancients is easy as heck, everyone knows it by now, and you'll have free reign to loot any White Mage items to your heart's content.

Easily. Plus, you can repeat. At least replace your circlet, hands, and legs. You need more vitality.

If they can get their HP up to about... 3000 or so before echo, they should be fine for Titan. Worst case grab some Mulled Tea and use it.

Wilsongt

Shouldn't be an issue as long as you meet the item requirements. Labyrinth of the Ancients is easy as heck, everyone knows it by now, and you'll have free reign to loot any White Mage items to your heart's content.

If they can get their HP up to about... 3000 or so before echo, they should be fine for Titan. Worst case grab some Mulled Tea and use it.

He should be fine, then.

Oddly enough, I have a much easier time healing Titan HM than I do DPSing...

Teknoman

I know Rise of the White Raven stands out among some of the best final boss music, but think we'll get something equally as amazing or even Dancing Mad tier for whatever ends up as the final boss for Chronicles of a New Era? Who composed that anyway? Soken or Uematsu?

Sophia

I know Rise of the White Raven stands out among some of the best final boss music, but think we'll get something equally as amazing or even Dancing Mad tier for whatever ends up as the final boss for Chronicles of a New Era? Who composed that anyway? Soken or Uematsu?

Rise of the White Raven is Soken. Tempest, the song from the first half of that fight, is Uematsu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom