• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood |OT| Y'all Need to Calm Down

Plus they have to keep legacy currency for someone who might only have the base ARR.

Still salty that the patch notes finally came out and then all the stuff I care about (job changes) is in a separate guide that will be out by the time we have early access so there's not much point. :(

Actually it looks like the full notes with job changes will be out at 7 PM Pacific Time, 7 hours before early access starts. So plenty of time to pore over the details and freak out, or not, as the case may be.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
When was the last bit of story you did? Unlike 2.x, 3.x story is really trim without filler quests. You can finish in a few hours depending on queue time for story dungeons/trials.

It's hard to gauge, 2.0 has a lot of filler in there, but once you finish the MSQ and start hitting the patches on through HW it gets better and is worth doing.

It didn't take me that long to get through the last three patches story missions, it took me maybe 3 nights at about 4 hours? And I was taking my time.

I finished the initial Heavensward MSQ when the expansion released and that was about it.

duckroll

Actually it looks like the full notes with job changes will be out at 7 PM Pacific Time, 7 hours before early access starts. So plenty of time to pore over the details and freak out, or not, as the case may be.

Oh, I was wondering why the most important shit is missing lol.

But yay for faster land mount speed!!!

teiresias

So if I were to restart this game with a new character for the first time in four years. How's the original game in terms of playing and getting groups to get through the main quest dungeons nowadays? Haven't decided if I'll do it or not, as I've not even played Heavensward.

I'll will make DPS checks harder or enrage bosses a pain.

Lower DPS is better than dead from the next raidwide mechanic you can no longer survive, I say! XD

Hope those job notes come out. Datamining is happening and it looks like so far DRK is the same (underwhelming) as the Media Tour, but I want to see the full picture.

studyguy

Requicast confirmed to be media tour version.

[HOLY CASTING INTESIFIES]

We've chosen our path, it leads to XIVlogs and loud macros.

ebil

Yeah, the changes to weakness are overall a positive for progression as far as I'm concerned. Dying immediately to the next raidwide AOE after being raised is... why even bother.

So quick question. If I buy the Heavensward CE on the Square store for PC and then get the Stormblood CE for PS4 would I have access to the HW CE minion/mount on PS4 or just when I play on PC?

KanameYuuki

There is now a distinction between detrimental effects that can and cannot be removed via curative items or actions.

Thank God, as a Healer main this is huge, always hated wasting resources on those debuff, which seems like 70% weren't removable but you couldn't gamble on it.

Super glad now everything pre 4.0 can be buy with poetics, I'm still working on umbrite for my paladin and this will make it so much faster, and it also means any new player or someone leveling a new class will have no trouble with gear as long as they do any pre 4.0 content or any level.

And so the changes to PotD, does that mean that even if you are level 60 but your real level is like 30 or something, you will only be able to use 30 or less skills? yikes, good way to nerf that instance so people will think about using other places, but I don't think is that bad for melee classes since they use basic combos anyways, it hits harder spell casters.

Qvoth

huh had no idea patch is up for download

that twist of fate enemy might lead to return of fate train
this is new tome gear perhaps?
de4bffc4fb40b355db2cb463273acab6f10e26ac_163.png

only 1 grade 6 materia max when forbidden melding? so perhaps a total of 3 grade 6 materias including the default 2 slots max?

wow rdm embolden is 80 seconds cooldown, that's.... a strange number

So quick question. If I buy the Heavensward CE on the Square store for PC and then get the Stormblood CE for PS4 would I have access to the HW CE minion/mount on PS4 or just when I play on PC?

You will have access to both your CE items on both PC and PS4. Only need to buy CE once.

Thank God, as a Healer main this is huge, always hated wasting resources on those debuff, which seems like 70% weren't removable but you couldn't gamble on it.

Super glad now everything pre 4.0 can be buy with poetics, I'm still working on umbrite for my paladin and this will make it so much faster, and it also means any new player or someone leveling a new class will have no trouble with gear as long as they do any pre 4.0 content or any level.

And so the changes to PotD, does that mean that even if you are level 60 but your real level is like 30 or something, you will only be able to use 30 or less skills? yikes, good way to nerf that instance so people will think about using other places, but I don't think is that bad for melee classes since they use basic combos anyways, it hits harder spell casters.

No, that restriction is only for role actions (aka, what used to be cross-class actions). Actions specific to your job will still be usable as you reach the appropriate level.

Bowlie

Banned

Any role actions assigned prior to entering the Palace of the Dead will be available immediately upon entry. In accordance with this change, players will be unable to access role actions they did not learn prior to entering, even if they meet the level requirements inside the Palace of the Dead.

Role actions (cross-class actions), not class/job actions.

---

Finished downloading, now I'll wait~

dramatis

I finished the initial Heavensward MSQ when the expansion released and that was about it.
Not a problem then, 3.x story is compact.

If you were a tank you'd have little queue time. The biggest barriers would be queue time and ilvl requirements.

It will probably be possible to do 3.x dungeon/trials unsynced now that SB is pretty much out.

Didn't even see that PotD change, glad it only affects role actions or that would have been horseshit.

I like pre-planning my 60 (70 now, I guess) hotbar in there so I could start getting the muscle memory early.

iammeiam

Lilies and confessions still appear to be dumb, PLD stuff made it in at the media tour potencies. All the CALM DOWN THINGS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE is kind of lol

Have a link to the leak by any chance?

It got deleted; everything I remember seeing is in the prelim notes aside from the note that the Ixion mega-FATE would award a mount.

It increases your own magic damage and nearby party members' physical damage.

I think he's referring to the nerf; it used to be 20/10, now it's just 10/10

Lilies and confessions still appear to be dumb, PLD stuff made it in at the media tour potencies. All the CALM DOWN THINGS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE is kind of lol

Wouldn't be the first time Yoshi lied his ass off to get the heat off him (see personal housing prices). XD

Oh then you should be able to clear out that story stuff fairly quickly I'd think, depending on how fast you pace yourself and if you're skipping any dialogue/cut-scenes.

I only spent a couple hours for 3 nights and got through a good chunk. I had stopped on the patch that wrapped up the HW/Dragonsong War story line.

Ozigizo

"When completing a level 51 to 59 dungeon or a level 61 to 69 dungeon, players will always receive one piece of gear equippable by their current class or job."

Wow, cool.

Alrus

Welp I couldn't resist and bought Stormblood in the end. Downloading the client atm.

Haven't played since 3.0, hopefully catching up won't take long.

You will of course have to buy the client on each platform to play but as far as CE items go you only have to buy it one time. For example, SB CE on PS4 and standard on PC will still allow you use the CE items for SB on PC. :) Just wanted to make it clear. :p

Yeah, I figured that. I honestly just care about the CE items being useable on PS4. They took HW CE off of PSN so now buying it for PC on the SE store is my only option. Thank you for all of the information though! :)

Top Bottom