• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood |OT| Y'all Need to Calm Down

duckroll wants to experience the launch experience where thanalan fields crashed and people couldn't log on for hours.

I remember during ARR launch when there was a problem with how instance queuing was handled and you couldn't queue into this random solo duty for a story quest at like level 14 or something. People stood around that random spot for hours because they couldn't progress anything else while Squenix tried to fix it. Good times.

Veldin

I like this.

DCXhHwQVwAEyLrA.jpg:large

Why is that not a blanket change to all dungeons below 50 as well? Makes no sense.

Stuart444

Out of curiosity, do you have a OG PS4 or a Pro?

I feel like this issue this time is only affecting Pro users, but I'm not sure. I know me and a buddy both have the same issue, but we both have Pros.

Slim. but I imagine it's affecting all, Pro, Slim and OG owners. Can't confirm that though but Slim is just a slimer OG so maybe?

Goronmon

Neo Member
I really want to get info FFXIV again, but I got so tired of the leveling process for alt jobs in Heavensward I just don't know if I can do it. All of the different ways to level felt totally mindless (grinding the same FATEs with no challenge, grinding the same dungeons with no challenge, or grinding Palace of the Dead with no challenge) especially when you are using a lower level job where you are just spamming a couple of skills over and over again.

I mean, part of me is like "Just pay for the job boost to level 60" and the other part of me is like "Why would you pay extra money to avoid playing a game you already have to pay to play?".

Sylas

Someone on Reddit asked what the first quest for SB is going to be and my response was the login screen. I changed my mind, that shit is likely gonna be a raid boss.

Honestly, I'm kind of salty that RDM and SAM are in Ul'dah because my ass has to go there for my paladin quest and if a zone is gonna crash, it'll be that one.

I remember during ARR launch when there was a problem with how instance queuing was handled and you couldn't queue into this random solo duty for a story quest at like level 14 or something. People stood around that random spot for hours because they couldn't progress anything else while Squenix tried to fix it. Good times.

I recall one of the big issues they had with the Duty Finder was because it would match people up from ALL the servers. While I love that idea, apparently it didn't exactly work as intended, hence we have all these server groups instead.

Qvoth

BLM FLARE GOT NERFED
potency drop of 10% per additional enemy to a maximum of 50% becomes 15% to a maximum of 30%

Jolkien

PLD got overbuffed.

WAR lost some self-sustain and got a bunch of stuff to make stance dancing annoying.

DRK got boringer and weaker.

WAR and DRK are kind of OK balanced against one another, so it all comes down to how long they want SB to be PLD power trip revenge fantasy.

But given that PLD is the tank that is probably going to want to have the MT the least, I'm half expecting the meta to be PLD and some poor bastard PLD throws Cover on occasionally we don't care who.

Now I'm torn between WAR and PLD -_-

iammeiam

I feel like this tank thing is setting up the epic heel turn where in the end DRK somehow rises triumphant and slaughters the 2.x pretenders.

but seriously I still want to know if tank stance buffs threat multipliers because you guys can strut improved survivability and potencies but you're still going to scale like shit for threat

BLM FLARE GOT NERFED
potency drop of 10% per additional enemy to a maximum of 50% becomes 15% to a maximum of 30%

HOLY IS OK

HOLY SURVIVED

WHM DUNGEON MASTER GIT REKT

BearPawB

Banned
So I'm like 8 item level before I can do Baelsar's Wall and finish the story.

Some people were saying they would update the vendors with easy to get gear so I could get the last 2 pieces i need to hit ilvl230? Did that happen?

Where can I buy it if they did?

Thanks for the help!

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
So I'm like 8 item level before I can do Baelsar's Wall and finish the story.

Some people were saying they would update the vendors with easy to get gear so I could get the last 2 pieces i need to hit ilvl230? Did that happen?

Where can I buy it if they did?

Thanks for the help!

Find out tomorrow!

PLD got overbuffed.

WAR lost some self-sustain and got a bunch of stuff to make stance dancing annoying.

DRK got boringer and weaker.

WAR and DRK are kind of OK balanced against one another, so it all comes down to how long they want SB to be PLD power trip revenge fantasy.

But given that PLD is the tank that is probably going to want to have the MT the least, I'm half expecting the meta to be PLD and some poor bastard PLD throws Cover on occasionally we don't care who.

If the tank population crashes because 100% of DRK quit and 75% of WAR quit and DPS queues become infinity they'll rethink their strategy of "PLD Power Trip Revenge Fantasy for 4 Years of Darkness" real quick. I mean tank isn't exactly a heavily played role in this game as it is.

They actually did react semi-quickly insofar as Squenix time goes back in the day when ARR 2.0 was PLD/PLD raid meta, by the time of patch 2.1 a few months later they had already buffed WAR while also adding the limit break nerf to discourage job stacking, although the limit break nerf was mainly aimed at stopping BRD stacking not PLD stacking.

Someone on Reddit asked what the first quest for SB is going to be and my response was the login screen. I changed my mind, that shit is likely gonna be a raid boss.

Pretty much every MMO/MMO xpac launch is like this from my experience. I remember the queue for SWTOR at launch was 2+ hours

Qvoth

I'm not surprised considering they're on a quest to murder everyone's AOE.

might be better to just use thunder 4 instead of flare now for aoe? i mean every 30 seconds we have foul, so i'm thinking 1st rotation ends with thunder 4, 2nd with foul, rinse repeat?
theorycrafters will probably think of something

Shahed

Hmm. Not sure to do WAR or PLD first. I know I'll be going DRG, MNK and then SAM in that order, but I'll do tanks first but not sure which one. Decisions.

Why is that not a blanket change to all dungeons below 50 as well? Makes no sense.
Gear below 50 isn't class specific, but role. For example instead of DRG, MNk or BRD specific gear, it was just Disciple of War.

ebil

HOLY IS OK

HOLY SURVIVED

WHM DUNGEON MASTER GIT REKT
It's funny because this raises WHM's value through the roof for dungeons. They probably have one of the best sustained AOE in the game now, lol.

might be better to just use thunder 4 instead of flare now for aoe? i mean every 30 seconds we have foul, so i'm thinking 1st rotation ends with thunder 4, 2nd with foul, rinse repeat?
theorycrafters will probably think of something
I'm not going to math it out before I try out BLM but it looks like this'll make their AOE rotation more interesting, which is cool to me. RDM on the other hand is going to have one of the dullest AOE rotations in the game, not to mention it's on the weak side. :(

Gojeran

New/long time gone returning player. Rolled WAR on a new server just hit level 47. These nerfs to WAR make me sad. It's a fun job to play and the only reason I returned was to try out tanking. Pretty bummed. I don't want to play a fucking PLD.

Stuart444

I have a hard time liking this and the complete removal of Attribute points. Feel like they are simplifying the game and remove the reward for running a dungeon while levelling. Don't like the idea of just being handed stuff for free.

Better this than running a dungeon multiple times and hoping you get a piece of gear for your leveling job and you're the only one that can need on it imo.

iammeiam

It's funny because this raises WHM's value through the roof for dungeons. They probably have one of the best sustained AOE in the game now, lol.

I've been struggling with what to level first since they blew my job up again, and WHM sounds incredibly appealing because Holy + Thin Air + More Assize is going to be amazing.

But that's also why I don't want to waste MSQ experience on WHM. It will be one of the most fun jobs to just level via dungeon grind because it's gonna be god tier.

Reknoc

I have a hard time liking this and the complete removal of Attribute points. Feel like they are simplifying the game and remove the reward for running a dungeon while levelling.

Bonus points were entirely pointless though as there's basically only 1 correct choice. I'd also say if anything this gives a reward to run a dungeon while leveling as it means you'll at least definitely get one piece of gear instead of potentially getting bugger all.

Gala

Errands for my grandma in the morning, buying some fresh fruits and nuts from the local farner's market and then it's hopefully 11am CEST and the servers are up.

I'm so excited!!

Stuart444

New/long time gone returning player. Rolled WAR on a new server just hit level 47. These nerfs to WAR make me sad. It's a fun job to play and the only reason I returned was to try out tanking. Pretty bummed. I don't want to play a fucking PLD.

Then don't and stick with Warrior? Ultimately it won't matter unless you're 1. raiding and 2. raiding with an optimal comp aka a team that cares about the most optimal comp.

You can still play and Enjoy Warrior. I certainly won't be ditching WAR for PLD when it comes to what tank I would use the most.

Shahed

As for the tanks, as a tank main I always found the actual general rotation for all three boring compared to DPS, so in terms of playstyle I'm pretty happy. All 3 of them were constantly repeating the same move (Eye, Royal Authority and Delirium) and doing other things when available, this changes a lot

ebil

I've been struggling with what to level first since they blew my job up again, and WHM sounds incredibly appealing because Holy + Thin Air + More Assize is going to be amazing.

But that's also why I don't want to waste MSQ experience on WHM. It will be one of the most fun jobs to just level via dungeon grind because it's gonna be god tier.
Honestly, lilies or not and raiding meta be damned, 4.0 WHM sounds legit fun to me. Lots of AOE, lots of healing oGCDs, amazing mana economy on paper. WHM is already pleasant to play, the additions will probably feel really nice when we actually get our hands on it.

scy

Someone has to be the best dungeon healer! I really do wish the PvP versions of WHM skills made it, though. Protect as targeted mitigation? Lilies being up to 50% CDR?

Realistically, most of the discrepancy currently is in max DPS OT situations and PLD wins with a lot of passive damage generated (Goring Blade, more oGCDs, Sword Oath autos). Depending on how they treat forcing tank stance for encounters (mostly in regards to threat, anyway), things are a little different.

That said, I'm mostly disappointed with WAR for how clunky their stance dancing gameplay seems to become if they are forced into using it more. I'd rather just deal with a GCD hit instead of resource cost loss.

Tanks are going to be pissed when they can't pull the entire dungeon at once without wiping.

We probably still will at cap. I'm going to find the leveling dungeons to be hilarious about the pull everything thing, though. It's the weird spot of the game I play the most reserved in, even with #gearcarry.

Honestly, lilies or not and raiding meta be damned, 4.0 WHM sounds legit fun to me. Lots of AOE, lots of healing oGCDs, great mana economy. WHM is already pleasant to play, the additions will probably feel really nice when we actually get our hands on it.

Lilies ironically are still probably at their best in dungeons too. It's probably the spot where most their skills seem basically okay.

Just the rest of the game it gets a little "So that's all you added?"

Arizato

Better this than running a dungeon multiple times and hoping you get a piece of gear for your leveling job and you're the only one that can need on it imo.

Bonus points were entirely pointless though as there's basically only 1 correct choice. I'd also say if anything this gives a reward to run a dungeon while leveling as it means you'll at least definitely get one piece of gear instead of potentially getting bugger all.

Fair points. I guess I am just too used to the older ways where it feels really rewarding getting that one piece you've been wanting

What good were attribute points, though? Everyone just ended up putting them all in their job's key attribute anyway. They've felt pointless for a long time now.

True. But it would be cool if they expanded upon it or improved it in some way. Though I will admit I don't know how they could do that.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I have a hard time liking this and the complete removal of Attribute points. Feel like they are simplifying the game and remove the reward for running a dungeon while levelling. Don't like the idea of just being handed stuff for free.

What good were attribute points, though? Everyone just ended up putting them all in their job's key attribute anyway. They've felt pointless for a long time now.

ebil

Someone has to be the best dungeon healer! I really do wish the PvP versions of WHM skills made it, though. Protect as targeted mitigation? Lilies being up to 50% CDR?
Yeah, I already love PvP WHM and it looks like it'll be even more fun! I'd love this to apply to PVE, especially Protect which is incredibly wasted as a role action.

MogCakes

I think they're aiming to remove fluff that doesn't actually contribute to having fun. They should have expanded attributes though instead of removing them.

Kusagari

Attribute points would only have a point if they tried to let you differentiate how you play the classes.

They clearly have no plan to do that so might as well get rid of them.

iammeiam

Honestly, lilies or not and raiding meta be damned, 4.0 WHM sounds legit fun to me. Lots of AOE, lots of healing oGCDs, great mana economy. WHM is already pleasant to play, the additions will probably feel really nice when we actually get our hands on it.

Definitely; my biggest frustration with the lily system at this point is my group's WHM who will be WHM until the end of time keeps trying to come up with these convoluted justifications for healbombing to proc lilies and it's just continually talking him down from the ledge of insanity trying to make lilies happen. It's this weird non-additive system that encourages people to do weird/bad stuff to try to justify it when they'd be better off just playing WHM how they always have and letting lilies mostly take care of themselves.

But 4.0 WHM is going to be pretty fantastic for what I primarily use it for; it's in this weird spot of I think it needs a fix for some big-picture problems but for how I personally use it I'm hyped.

yaffi

I see a lot of people panicking because of job changes, who won't even notice anything while playing, since they'll never actually find themselves in a situation where it matters.

:>

Tanks are going to be pissed when they can't pull the entire dungeon at once without wiping.

They are probably going to have less trash in dungeons now to compensate for all the AoE nerfing, since supposedly they do have a target completion time for dungeons. The problem has always been that it was a minimum target completion time, not a maximum.

Top Bottom