• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood |OT| Y'all Need to Calm Down

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
So with these patch notes - anyone think fates will be best to level up Sam from 50-60 now or is PotD still best?

I doubt anything will match POTD for pure time/xp gains, but if fate's aren't far behind that would be great. 50-60 is the best level range to chain fates anyway thanks to flying.

Edit: ah poop, it looks like the new FATE xp boosting mechanics are for 4.0 zones only, if the patch notes are to be believed.

IvorB

Ordered on Square store and got my code immediately so game is updating. Normally I love you Amazon, but you shouldn't have tried to f**k me on this. Now I can go for a run.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Ordered on Square store and got my code immediately so game is updating. Normally I love you Amazon, but you shouldn't have tried to f**k me on this. Now I can go for a run.

Amazon didn't give early access codes immediately? That's lame.

IvorB

Amazon didn't give early access codes immediately? That's lame.

No, dude! They were saying "tomorrow". They couldn't even say whether it would be before the early access actually starts. Wtf? That's UK though; think other regions got it already.

Wait, the 4K Option for PS4 Pro is under a "PlayStation 4 Pro" tab and only reachable with a 4K TV?
And where is the second announced option for Pro users? The rock solid 60 Frames? Not one mention in the patch notes.

Clipse

this is new tome gear perhaps?
de4bffc4fb40b355db2cb463273acab6f10e26ac_163.png
All these sets have sandals.. Is that SAM wearing socks with sandals? Absolutely disgusting.

So, I have a full set of lore gear (i230), except one ring that's scripture (i260). My weapon is artifact repaired (i210). I'm i229 right now and I'm right on that dungeon I need to finish to get through the rest of 3.5 MSQ.

My question is, I have 290 scripture tomes, so I'm thinking the fastest way to be able to clear the MSQ content is to run those dungeons that give 30 scriptures per run, then buy one of the cheaper pieces of scripture gear. Anyone have any other suggestions post-4.0? I was originally going for an Eikonic weapon, but I realized yesterday I would need to run A8 a few times to get the Midan Gears; I'm still on A6.

I'm a BLM, if it matters.

Lilies and confessions still appear to be dumb, PLD stuff made it in at the media tour potencies. All the CALM DOWN THINGS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE is kind of lol

It got deleted; everything I remember seeing is in the prelim notes aside from the note that the Ixion mega-FATE would award a mount.

I think he's referring to the nerf; it used to be 20/10, now it's just 10/10

WAR defiance dmg reduction is 20% instead of 25%.

Itssomething.jpg

(I think this is.new? NOT SURE)

iammeiam

So lilies are considerably cooler in PVP than PVE--instead of 4/10/20, they're 10/25/50. This is going to confuse people.

Also they've already nerfed Overheat--down from 20% in the JP media tour tooltips to 10%. Which is a thing.

WAR defiance dmg reduction is 20% instead of 25%.

Itssomething.jpg

(I think this is.new? NOT SURE)

Maybe? Upheaval also ignores defiance damage penalty.

Also they maybe nerfed Dark Passenger because they can't decide which non-PLD they like less

All else aside they had WAR and DRK in... kind of the same neighborhood before while PLD was getting high and riding in limos. Seems to be around there still; I honestly expected *something* to happen to Holy Spirit beyond "what the hell why not, it'll also fill your gauge. glhf"

Shahed

No more people sneaking into farm parties as bonus! And a load of other changes I'm happy with

Also for what it's worth I'm also PS4 Pro with an SSD and it updated fine

So do you think ill have problems getting on tomorrow? I have to get up at 5 est anyways to take my mom to work in the morning, and am ususally back by 6. I just want to playthrough heavensward as a samurai.

iammeiam

So, I have a full set of lore gear (i230), except one ring that's scripture (i260). My weapon is artifact repaired (i210). I'm i229 right now and I'm right on that dungeon I need to finish to get through the rest of 3.5 MSQ.

My question is, I have 290 scripture tomes, so I'm thinking the fastest way to be able to clear the MSQ content is to run those dungeons that give 30 scriptures per run, then buy one of the cheaper pieces of scripture gear. Anyone have any other suggestions post-4.0? I was originally going for an Eikonic weapon, but I realized yesterday I would need to run A8 a few times to get the Midan Gears; I'm still on A6.

I'm a BLM, if it matters.

Scripture is gone; so is lore. Everything is poetics now and should be purchasable with poetics, so if merging all those tomes together gets you the needed gear problem solved.

If not, there will be vendor gear in an early Stormblood city of the right iLevel. Find a friend in your FC to buy you some, problem solved.

scy

No real notable tank changes (Paladin FoF seems -5%/-5s!) going on. In general not a lot of changes from the last build. Please understand etc. etc.

Qvoth

there's a bandage headgear that covers both your eyes called head bandage
LOL that purple/black bikini is actually a caster gear hahaha

Scripture is gone; so is lore. Everything is poetics now and should be purchasable with poetics, so if merging all those tomes together gets you the needed gear problem solved.

If not, there will be vendor gear in an early Stormblood city of the right iLevel. Find a friend in your FC to buy you some, problem solved.

wait, there's higher level stuff purchasable with poetics??

that second alternative is really appealing...

EDIT: oh I see, everything will be purchasable with poetics, is that right? in that case, I'm set

I really wanted to try an Au Ra, but after playing Mithra in XI and going through all of ARR as a Miqo'te, I think I'd have instant buyer's remorse...Yours looks good though! ^^

On one hand I was attached to my previous look because I used it for so long. But I remembered that when HW came out I fantasia'd to Au Ra so I figured I would do it again to change things up a bit.

Too bad they didn't add any new character creation options.

Maybe for 5.0.

Animekatt

"Plants that are ready to harvest from garden patches or flowerpots will no longer wither."

Thank you Lord ; ;

I lost a garden of the Tomato King minions because I couldn't be on to harvest them, so they died after the 10 loooong days to grow them.

iammeiam

wait, there's higher level stuff purchasable with poetics??

that second alternative is really appealing...

EDIT: oh I see, everything will be purchasable with poetics, is that right? in that case, I'm set

Yep; they're dropping all the pre-SB tomes and just doing poetics for it all. No idea what the pricing will be, but it should end up being a huge help for people trying to cross the last ilevel hurdle.

Qvoth

couldn't find the genji gear from omega, i guess it's not there yet since omega is unlocked few weeks later

Yep; they're dropping all the pre-SB tomes and just doing poetics for it all. No idea what the pricing will be, but it should end up being a huge help for people trying to cross the last ilevel hurdle.

yep, that's awesome. Pricing shouldn't be a problem; I think I have 1500 or so poetics.

Appreciate the help, by the way!

I guess they figured there were too many tanks because some tanks were actually waiting up to 60 seconds for a queue into 24-mans. So let's slash the tank population by fucking everyone who doesn't play PLD!

1. Too many tanks
2. Make non-PLD tanks shit
3. ???
4. Reduced tank queues!

Please look forward to the return of the PLD/PLD raid group meta. That was trash in original ARR 2.0 era and it's going to be trash again in SB.

Ala Alba

I they figured there were too many tanks because some tanks were actually waiting up to 60 seconds for a queue into 24-mans. So let's slash the tank population by fucking everyone who doesn't play PLD!

1. Too many tanks
3. ???
4. Reduced tank queues!

Try 20 minutes.

Try 20 minutes.

Or 60

I guess they figured there were too many tanks because some tanks were actually waiting up to 60 seconds for a queue into 24-mans. So let's slash the tank population by fucking everyone who doesn't play PLD!

1. Too many tanks
3. ???
4. Reduced tank queues!

Please look forward to the return of the PLD/PLD raid group meta. That was trash in original ARR 2.0 era and it's going to be trash again in SB.

I told ya?

I told ya.

I told ya?

I told ya.

You told me? Nah, I was in front of this one. I was complaining about WAR nerfs even when everyone else was like "Nothing really changed" and "Everything is going to be the same" weeks ago.

I know the Squenix buff/nerf cycle well enough at this point that I saw this coming the moment those first videos of SB jobs were shown ages ago now.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Am I missing something in regards to pre-loading on Steam that needs to be done on my end?

So my launcher is up-to-date and says game cannot be played due to maintenance(obviously right now), yet the page in my Steam library still states that Stormblood is "not installed" among the list of DLC. I only downloaded ~3gb patch through the launcher this morning which seems low for the expansion content. Thinking I need to do something else?

iammeiam

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/news/detail/cf64e3f901831f2f280c5c3add385fd36bda2153

THIS IS FUCKING DUMB WTF. Come on, just split people up like HW did at the start.

They ended up having to do this in HW, too, for busy servers. The splitting people up at the start only mattered for a really short while; since everyone funnels through the hyper-linear MSQ, everyone ended up converging in the same zones not too long into Early Access.

They'd need to actually define an alternative progression path for the whole leveling experience to avoid this, and you'd still have problems on busier servers once you hit Hinterlands or Azys Lla as the 'final' area.

The only way to consistently get around it would be to do the Legion thing of dynamic level zones that can be run in any order, and even then everyone ultimately ended up in Suramar and got phased anyway.

The upside is the instanced field zones should hopefully be less shitty than they were at the start of HW.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
I'm from Texas, this OT is offensive.

It's " y'all" not YA'LL. Because it's a contraction for the phrase "you all". Please fix the title to respect the views and made up language of my culture.

duckroll

Am I missing something in regards to pre-loading on Steam that needs to be done on my end?

So my launcher is up-to-date and says game cannot be played due to maintenance(obviously right now), yet the page in my Steam library still states that Stormblood is "not installed" among the list of DLC. I only downloaded ~3gb patch through the launcher this morning which seems low for the expansion content. Thinking I need to do something else?

You are fine if it says Stormblood Pre-Release Content is installed. It's just a flag to determine what have been activated on your account. Stormblood isn't out yet.

neoemonk

Oh nice, the patch is up. Plenty of time to update when I get off work tonight. I'm thinking I'll get up early to get a couple of hours in before work tomorrow.

Aeana

duckroll wants to experience the launch experience where thanalan fields crashed and people couldn't log on for hours.

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/news/detail/cf64e3f901831f2f280c5c3add385fd36bda2153

THIS IS FUCKING DUMB WTF. Come on, just split people up like HW did at the start.

Was done for HW for a while until things kind of leveled off. It's not that big of a deal and at least you can pick/choose which instance you want so you can ensure you're with friends/teammates.

duckroll wants to experience the launch experience where thanalan fields crashed and people couldn't log on for hours.

I'd like to NOT go back to that again.

You told me? Nah, I was in front of this one. I was complaining about WAR nerfs even when everyone else was like "Nothing really changed" and "Everything is going to be the same" weeks ago.

I know the Squenix buff/nerf cycle well enough at this point that I saw this coming the moment those first videos of SB jobs were shown ages ago now.

Well I remember I was on front too.

All were blinded by the 12fell cleaves, but I saw the true.

Sylas

Ok, this is really stupid.

At least you can pick.
Channels are par for the course lol. WoW even does it, it's just on the back-end and you don't get to choose.
I think all major MMOs do it these days. FFXIV is the only one where it isn't permanent.

iammeiam

So what happened to tanks ? I was thinking of going from SCH to WAR this time around.

PLD got overbuffed.

WAR lost some self-sustain and got a bunch of stuff to make stance dancing annoying.

DRK got boringer and weaker.

WAR and DRK are kind of OK balanced against one another, so it all comes down to how long they want SB to be PLD power trip revenge fantasy.

But given that PLD is the tank that is probably going to want to have the MT the least, I'm half expecting the meta to be PLD and some poor bastard PLD throws Cover on occasionally we don't care who.

Top Bottom