• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood |OT| Y'all Need to Calm Down

Ozigizo

So I have a Duty (Akh Afah Amphitheatre (hard)) that I have to do as part of an MSQ, but nobody's queued up for it at this time of day. Is there a website that says when the best times to queue up for specific duties are?

If you queue in, people doing roulettes should pop in eventually.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
So I have a Duty (Akh Afah Amphitheatre (hard)) that I have to do as part of an MSQ, but nobody's queued up for it at this time of day. Is there a website that says when the best times to queue up for specific duties are?
That's really old content. If all you care about is clearing it asap so you can continue with story you can ask your fc if there's anyone willing to run it with you unsynced (called undersized party in df options). You should only need 1 lv 70 with you to clear it unsynced. Turning on the undersized option in df will dump you in directly with whatever party composition you q in with and will prevent the game from imposing lv or gear caps. You can run all ARR and HW content like this if you happen to hit another wall down the line.

If no one in your fc is free and the df queue is too long, try Party Finder. It's under the party menu. Make a listing for it, put in that youre new and need a clear for story, and if you wanna run it unsynced put that you're running it unsynced. All you need is 1 person to run it with you unsynced or a tank/healer to speed up your queue if you wanna run it through df.

Gear_02.png
Settings_01.png

Can anyone give some insight on this issue? I've heard great things about FFXIV and the PS4 Pro + Boost Mode, so I was playing it on my Pro, with Boost Mode, with Pro settings enabled in FFXIV... And it seems to be much choppier than when I put it on normal PS4 settings. Is there some special setting I'm missing or something? I remember people raving about it, even on gaf... but so far the "Pro" graphics mode of the game seems like a downgrade to me. The original PS4 settings make it much smoother, both in animation and camera movement.
I don't play the PS4 version, but I don't think you're missing anything. AFAIK, Pro mode raises the resolution to 4K and lowers the frame rate a bit while the other mode keeps it at 1080p 60fps.

I have the worst of luck of Omega Normal drops, I've been trying to get a pedal and a spring for 2 days already....

It's almost depressing how I don't get more than 50 on looting and losing every single time. For 15 runs or so already..

Firebrand

It's part of the roulette so it shouldn't be that hard to get in, just be patient as it can take the better part of an hour if you're DPS. Try right after reset time, or ask a friendly tank to join you for that sweet instant pop. :p (The number of side btw isn't how many people are queued in DF, but rather people recruiting for that duty)

iammeiam

Come iammeiam let us suffer from success together.

Suffering is for going back in on Sunday and getting serious, tonight is for reveling in the sheer absurdity of our reaction to the transition and everything that happens immediately after. It's a fantastic set piece; it's hard to gauge how it'll hold up long-term this early in, but O4S is nailing presentation in all the ways 12 never managed and seems to be doing its damnedest to carve out its own (sadistic, over the top, "WE HEARD YOU DIDN'T THINK A8S HAD ENOUGH MECHANICS") identity.

hexacast whattup

Play O3S as a Black Mage.

WHERE IS THE FUN

It's actually fun. Just hard because you have to do stuff which is lame.

I don't care what your job is

yelling OINK over voice will never not be fun.

the fun is in upgrading your job stone to the red kind OHOHOHOHOHOHOHO

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
Were the BLM buffs not enough or do RDMs' utility win the day? Not sure if you can filter per patch on fflogs, I only used it to see what gear SAMs/MNKs were buying to sell (answer: all of them).

Were the BLM buffs not enough or do RDMs' utility win the day? Not sure if you can filter per patch on fflogs, I only used it to see what gear SAMs/MNKs were buying to sell (answer: all of them).
The buffs certainly helped but B4 still sucks and on top of that the Savage fights are hell for mediocre BLMs which makes prog really annoying

Orb

Do the Garuda/Titan/Ifrit extremes give weapon rewards? I see Levi and Shiva's give the Tidal and Diamond ones I think

If only I could get into the Garuda one to find out

edit: mainly ask because I've seen those spiffy glowy weapons on the market board that seem like they'd be rewards but I think they're crafted only?

Do the Garuda/Titan/Ifrit extremes give weapon rewards? I see Levi and Shiva's give the Tidal and Diamond ones I think

edit: mainly ask because I've seen those spiffy glowy weapons on the market board that seem like they'd be rewards but I think they're crafted only?
No, the old extreme primals only give accessories. You get the normal weapons from the Hard mode fights and the glowy weapons are craft only.

Those primal weapons you get on the actual fight, dosn't glow or have any of the cool effects. Those are crafted, is true that one of the items needed to craft it, comes from the fights.

Edit: I'm pretty sure some primals like Ramuh Ex, drops weapons, but they don't glow.

ebil

"I wonder what's the point of this boss"

- Bard after getting chained at every single point during Bardam's Mettle second boss

Ozigizo

Some aren't that expensive, I bought my ramuh katana for 300k.

Edit: On my server at least, shouldn't be much more expensive in other places.

Hive Katana gonna stay expensive.

If anyone needs money currently, pick up a DoL job. Everyone is leveling Crafters right now, so it's easy money. I've made millions in the past couple days off of low level ores.

Seijuro

FINALLY beat the MSQ today. Royal Menagerie sure was something.

First try we had a pretty rough time, the duty was abandoned after about an hour with 5 failed attempts. But people offered advice and explained the mechanics and talked the newbies through it.

Queued again and got it at first try with randoms. Nobody instructed the newbies, but everyone got the job done pretty well. Duty finder can be a strange place.

Isaccard

Hey

Remember T2 Enrage method? That was a thing - people going out of their way to make the fight 'roll your face on the keyboard' easy. And we never saw the Rot mechanic ever again.

yeah

Edit: Nevermind, I also remember people looking down on others who did do enrage method (admittedly rightfully so, rot wasn't hard)

Edit 2: Why haven't we seen Rot make a return anywhere? :thonkang: was it really that bad?

kaioshade

Downed Omega Savage 1.0

That shit was brutal. I know people are looking at Angered and Team rocket and saying how easy it is, but i dont see a lot of people clearing it for a long time.

Sorian

Banned
Hey

Remember T2 Enrage method? That was a thing - people going out of their way to make the fight 'roll your face on the keyboard' easy. And we never saw the Rot mechanic ever again.

yeah

Edit: Nevermind, I also remember people looking down on others who did do enrage method (admittedly rightfully so, rot wasn't hard)

Edit 2: Why haven't we seen Rot make a return anywhere? :thonkang: was it really that bad?

We got rot light in a 24 man if I remember right? Rot wasn't really an interesting mechanic though (which doesnt mean a whole lot because we still see some uninteresting mechanics but still).

Downed Omega Savage 1.0

That shit was brutal. I know people are looking at Angered and Team rocket and saying how easy it is, but i dont see a lot of people clearing it for a long time.

Nah, it was really easy.

Squishy3

Downed Omega Savage 1.0

O1S is definitely pretty easy. My group's hardly a "hardcore" group and we downed it in 4 pulls. We saw enrage on the second pull.

I'd say it's even easier than A9S, more fun fight than A9S though.

Qvoth

managed to reach the final waltz phase of v3s
pretty fun fight, even as a blm
don't expect to clear it this week so i'll be taking this pretty easy, tried dummy and failed with more than 5% remaining anyway
wtzgU.gif

i see some jp comments for pf saying minimum 34k hp, any casters here managed to clear it with 32k? that's my current hp with the heavensward tier food i still have and with party buffs haha

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
I don't care what your job is

yelling OINK over voice will never not be fun.

the fun is in upgrading your job stone to the red kind OHOHOHOHOHOHOHO
My group is boring and doesn't yell oink. Pigs are indeed the best part of the fight.

No Scy, Kappa is not better than the pig.

Neverrrr. Or maybe later.
The buffs BLM got are all fantastic and 60s Triple Cast is a godsend. BLM isn't a bad job, it's just that I find the latter half of O3S to be pretty difficult on it so far.

Was reading Reddit this morning where this guy posted an O3S VoD on BLM to quell the myth of BLM being immobile. BLM is far more mobile than it used to be but to say it's not immobile seems to be a bit of a stretch to me. There's going to be a big difference between a BLM that has a fight fully planned out vs one still stumbling their way through a fight. It seems really odd to me that this person seems to think that people are saying BLM is unfit for savage (is that a thing? I haven't read it). The post comes across as "Hey I did pretty good in here so why aren't you?" Though this is probably more just me being a little bitter and thinking "Fuck I'm not as good as that guy yet."

I don't think BLM is unfit for Savage despite venting like crazy on Discord to Sorian and Scy during prog last night. Instead it's just that I think it's pretty challenging.

Hey

yeah

Let's put it this way, the enrage strat took pretty much twice as long to clear and yet people would still rather do that than do the fight normally

Allagan Rot is trash tier game design

iammeiam

Downed Omega Savage 1.0

Easy and hard in FFXIV terms gets really messy because there's a theoretical dividing line between easy-in-general content (most stuff) and hard-in-general content (Savage and maybe EX primals depending on how they feel like tuning them that patch.) When people call O1S easy, it's with the unspoken understanding that it's still harder than the easy-in-general stuff. It's just super easy for something in the hard-in-general tier, but if you've mostly kept to the easier side of things it will seem ridiculous at first.

i see some jp comments for pf saying minimum 34k hp, any casters here managed to clear it with 32k? that's my current hp with the heavensward tier food i still have and with party buffs haha

We were mostly running VIT melds down the right side by the time we cleared O3S (and tbh I'd recommend them if you're hoping to roll on to 4 in the next few weeks because that stuff hurts), but I just went back to check and I don't think 32k should be a problem as long as you get every shield and take no extra damage. Our RDM has 36k in-raid, but it looks like the only time in the fight he dipped below 6k HP was when he flip jumped to space before an AOE shield and ate the raid-wide AOE knocking him to a few hundred HP. It looks like every time he was in range for mitigation and healing he stayed 6.5-7k range and I don't think we babied him at all. But buffer is buffer.

Was reading Reddit this morning where this guy posted an O3S VoD on BLM to quell the myth of BLM being immobile. BLM is far more mobile than it used to be but to say it's still not immobile seems to be a bit of a stretch to me.

There's flat no way BLM isn't at least mobility challenge mode in 3 and 4. It's in a better spot than it was in the past, there are parts that are mechanics/movement/cast struggle on jobs without BLM's buff timing windows so.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
managed to reach the final waltz phase of v3s
pretty fun fight, even as a blm
don't expect to clear it this week so i'll be taking this pretty easy, tried dummy and failed with more than 5% remaining anyway
wtzgU.gif

With proper Manaward use you might be able to scrape by with 32k? Just a guess with nothing to back it up. I was straight up dying to some mechanics at 31k HP (without proper Manaward use). Remelded some accessories to VIT so I'm at 34k now and have been fine since then.

Probably a mix of how you use your Manaward and how much your healers like you.

Our AST wasn't running VIT melds leaving him at 30k HP and some Dimensional Waves early on were leaving him with 3 digit HP

Do yourself a favor and VI that shit up unless you have absolute faith in your healer's ability to mitigate damage

Frumix

Suffering From Success
One of our healers initially had 30.6k in O3S and died to solo holies with like 100 HP overkill because lul who needs shields

Better be on the safe side

Hello friends. I've just purchased a 60-day time card for FF14 and boy am I lost. I haven't played in probably a year. Currently, I have a Level 51 Paladin and I'm trying to grind my way through all the post-ARR content to get to Heavensward. Maybe some day I'll get far enough to purchase Stormblood! Sadly, I no longer understand what the most efficient rotation for a Paladin is, especially at this "low" of a level.

I don't need someone to spell it out for me, but is there a centralized place where people have posted their optimal rotations and builds while leveling? Sorry for the noob question and thanks in advance.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
At 51 you're still doing the 1-2-3 Halone combo. I wouldn't worry about rotations until 60 when you get Goring Blade and Royal Authority, giving you two combos to use.

Spirits Within, Shield Swipe and Circle of Scorn on cooldown. They also gave you Total Eclipse to use for AoE damage although you should use Flash to establish enmity.

Danj

So as some of you may have gathered, I'm on the last knockings of ARR endgame quests just before Heavensward and holy crap.

I just found out that
I got set up by that scheming lala dude to get myself and the rest of the Scions arrested and the Sultana killed before she could dissolve the monarchy
. I kinda expected
the poisoning
once I saw how much attention the cutscenes were paying to
pouring out the wine
but this I did not expect. I actually figured he'd just
poison everyone

Also, Discord and/or the ingame channels need spoiler tags, because I already got told off that I can't discuss this there.

Atolm

I spent yesterday 8m doing the "cheap" melding route for 2-star items. Ouch.

A friend went with the expensive one. 43m total, he said, but he has like 1500+ Craftsmanship, he's geared for three star lol.

Orb

All lalafells are criminal masterminds

edit:

So as some of you may have gathered, I'm on the last knockings of ARR endgame quests just before Heavensward and holy crap.

I just found out that
I got set up by that scheming lala dude to get myself and the rest of the Scions arrested and the Sultana killed before she could dissolve the monarchy
. I kinda expected
the poisoning
once I saw how much attention the cutscenes were paying to
pouring out the wine
but this I did not expect. I actually figured he'd go for a
Red Wedding scenario
and just
poison everyone

Also, Discord and/or the ingame channels need spoiler tags, because I already got told off that I can't discuss this there.

coincidences like this scare me

rocK`

Banned

hey - I know you spoilered it, but I don't think it's quite fair to have game of thrones spoilers in a FFXIV thread.

Luigi87

I'm just waiting for Tataru's grand betrayal.

The finale of FFXIV

Tataru has been hording the crystals that the Scions have taken from the Beast Tribes in order to summon the now Primal, Minfilia
The Waking Sands (Extreme)

Expect it!

Top Bottom