• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood |OT| Y'all Need to Calm Down

I just hit 70 on my first class with Dark Knight. Thing is I just got past the first stormblood dungeon. Though I do have a level 61 PLD to do the MSQs I want verity so it's like do I use my DR bonus to get verity or for the exp to level PLD so I can do more MSQs haha. I should go the MSQs route as I've only had time to run roulette's and then log off lately.

I did all the 60+ DRK job quests in a row. Pretty cool I liked how I actually had to
souleater everything.

Orb

Holy shit at this cutscene turning
ilberd
from one of my fav characters to my most hated.

RAUBAHN IS THE BIGGEST BRO

Danj

holy crap #2,
Raubahn
just snapped and killed
Teledji Adeledji
. I mean I expected
him to be pissed off
but I figured
Teledji
was just trying to
provoke him so he could be arrested

EDIT: Orb are we watching the same cutscenes?

EDIT 2: omg now
Lolorito
got the wrong end of the stick and
Raubahn
tried to
kill him too?

WHAT WILL HAPPEN NEXT OMG

dramatis

Hey

Remember T2 Enrage method? That was a thing - people going out of their way to make the fight 'roll your face on the keyboard' easy. And we never saw the Rot mechanic ever again.

yeah

Edit: Nevermind, I also remember people looking down on others who did do enrage method (admittedly rightfully so, rot wasn't hard)

Edit 2: Why haven't we seen Rot make a return anywhere? :thonkang: was it really that bad?
It was easy for you because you just sat there like a fat chocobo black mage while the healers and melee passed rot around

Danj

SPOILER IMAGE LINK DON'T CLICK THIS UNLESS YOU ALREADY FINISHED ALL OF ARR END GAME QUESTS

http://imgur.com/a/QSgzv

that face omg

EDIT: and now
Raubahn
is telling us to find out
who's behind the plot
? but I thought
he just killed Teledji
, is there
someone else behind it
?

MogCakes

I get killed in Halicarnassus for trying to stack with the stack person as they run through the aoe markers like a headless chicken. I just want my crank already, I have lost 5 rolls and two high 90 rolls today and it has put me in a bad mood.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
SPOILER IMAGE LINK DON'T CLICK THIS UNLESS YOU ALREADY FINISHED ALL OF ARR END GAME QUESTS

http://imgur.com/a/QSgzv

that face omg

EDIT: and now
Raubahn
is telling us to find out
who's behind the plot
? but I thought
he just killed Teledji
, is there
someone else behind it
?

Shit like this scene and the lead up to it are why i just shrug at people that say they skip all the cutscenes

Alex

You legit just came back, why is a bunch of my ninja moves slashed out?

Pruned from the game.

Cross role was redone and every class had a few things condensed or removed to combat bloat in conjunction with the new stuff that was added

I'm a 70 drg and find it hilarious that SE thought it was a good idea to have our 70 skill as a 320 AoE potency move >.>. What were they thinking lol

kaze343

everyone's mostly in the main hub area and city now in stormblood
also doing fates isn't an efficient way to level up anymore, unless you were together with the leveling up train when the game/expansion is still new

fates are best according to the guy who got everything leveled to 70. fates that are scalled are super fast, and even a failed fate is worth the exp.

I'm a 70 drg and find it hilarious that SE thought it was a good idea to have our 70 skill as a 320 AoE potency move >.>. What were they thinking lol
if you get the full 30 seconds, its a 960 pot move for all three hits is most likely the thinking they have.

MogCakes

fates are best according to the guy who got everything leveled to 70. fates that are scalled are super fast, and even a failed fate is worth the exp.

if you get the full 30 seconds, its a 960 pot move for all three hits is most likely the thinking they have.

It's all around underwhelming. At least it looks pretty

Berordn

And now
Alphinaud
is all whiny and dramatic about how it's
all his fault
or some shit, get a grip!

In HW, Alphinaud goes from being a whiny know-it-all Mary Sue to having some semblance of actual character.

He'll get better.

Vic_Viper

At ilvl 308 and think I'm ready to take on Susano EX if I can ever find a full group that's also ready lol. I know almost the entire fight, still haven't gotten him down past 25% health left. But I know all the mechanics up to the point. If anyone wants to try and get a group together lemme know!

Also finally figured out how to use NIN's tenchijin! Man the text description for it is almost worthless. It remembers the last Justu you used and lets you do a combo of 3 jutsus in a row. Pretty cool ability that I've just neglected until doing a Dungeon with a fellow NIN that taught me how lol.

When does the currency reset on Tuesday? Is it in the morning at like 12am or is it Tuesday night? It's going to take atleast 2 more weeks to get the gear I want after getting the weapon first lol. Think they should let you get more of the creation marks or deltascape parts per week.

Also where do the items drop needed to buy Materia from the vendor in Rhagar's Reach?

Edzi

At ilvl 308 and think I'm ready to take on Susano EX if I can ever find a full group that's also ready lol. I know almost the entire fight, still haven't gotten him down past 25% health left. But I know all the mechanics up to the point. If anyone wants to try and get a group together lemme know!

Also finally figured out how to use NIN's tenchijin! Man the text description for it is almost worthless. It remembers the last Justu you used and lets you do a combo of 3 jutsus in a row. Pretty cool ability that I've just neglected until doing a Dungeon with a fellow NIN that taught me how lol.

When does the currency reset on Tuesday? Is it in the morning at like 12am or is it Tuesday night? It's going to take atleast 2 more weeks to get the gear I want after getting the weapon first lol. Think they should let you get more of the creation marks or deltascape parts per week.

Also where do the items drop needed to buy Materia from the vendor in Rhagar's Reach?

I would be down to try it soon. I'm around ilvl 304 (WAR)

Hey

Remember T2 Enrage method? That was a thing - people going out of their way to make the fight 'roll your face on the keyboard' easy. And we never saw the Rot mechanic ever again.

yeah

Edit: Nevermind, I also remember people looking down on others who did do enrage method (admittedly rightfully so, rot wasn't hard)

Edit 2: Why haven't we seen Rot make a return anywhere? :thonkang: was it really that bad?
Nisi from A4S is a similar mechanic in that you must pass it between party members before the timer expires or you wipe. But people cheesed that too lol

Danj

OK so I finally finished all the ARR post-game quests, the next quest is the first HW quest, yay! Going to leave it there for tonight, seems like a good place to stop.

Vic_Viper

I would be down to try it soon. I'm around ilvl 304 (WAR)

I have to work tonight but I'll be on tomorrow from like 12-3pm, then I'm off work all day Monday and Tuesday.

We should try and assemble a Susano Ex party. I really want that Fox Mount! How many times do you need to do the trial? Or is the mount a random drop like the Magitech Mount?

We should try and assemble a Susano Ex party. I really want that Fox Mount! How many times do you need to do the trial? Or is the mount a random drop like the Magitech Mount?
It's random for the most part. I've ran it like 15-20 times and hasn't been dropped in loot chests. Best case for getting the mount is to collect and save 99 totems.

Jisgsaw

everyone's mostly in the main hub area and city now in stormblood
also doing fates isn't an efficient way to level up anymore, unless you were together with the leveling up train when the game/expansion is still new

Speaking of which: does anyone know when the Road to 60 bonus will end?

Edzi

Wait, so it's possible to complete a tier of Omega and get no loot? You have to roll for everything, even though you're expected to grind it like currency? That's bullshit.

Kenai

Wait, so it's possible to complete a tier of Omega and get no loot? You have to roll for everything, even though you're expected to grind it like currency? That's bullshit.

They are trade in drops. Some pieces need one or two and some need 4. You can usually get them all in a few runs for the week if you do with other ppl, don't really need to grind unless you are planning on gearing up multiple roles

Finished up the
Naadam
quest at the Steppes. That was some hype shit. I'd definitely want to play as an Au Ra if I wasn't already a beautiful Elezen.

Sami+

Jesus christ uh is there a good PvP guide? I just did the very first training round and I have no idea wtf just happened. My abilities all changed into some shit I've never seen before and there were explosions everywhere. :(

edit - and I kept being pulled around everywhere and I didn't know how to kill anybody and and and x-x

Luigi87

Finished up the
Naadam
quest at the Steppes. That was some hype shit. I'd definitely want to play as an Au Ra if I wasn't already a beautiful Elezen.

That's probably my favourite section of Stormblood's MSQ. The whole Steppe in general, but that specific event was great.

CrassHoppr

Neo Member
Jesus christ uh is there a good PvP guide? I just did the very first training round and I have no idea wtf just happened. My abilities all changed into some shit I've never seen before and there were explosions everywhere. :(

edit - and I kept being pulled around everywhere and I didn't know how to kill anybody and and and x-x

I felt that way at first too, but then I tried it a few more times and it became pretty fun. Take a few looks at the actions on your PvP menu - it's actually more simplified than normal combat. You'll get used to it in time.

DarkStream

I've got this game in January.
Just now I finished Heavensward + extra stuff and entered Stormblood. Over 400 story quests have been done.
It took me 9 days playtime,distributed over the last months.

I'm going for a nap now.

I have a question about Chocobo coloring.

I want to have a red chocobo and I know what fruits to give it, but I don't know where to plant the seeds. The FC's farm plot says I'm not authorized to use it.

Is the dream over?

Top Bottom