• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood |OT| Y'all Need to Calm Down

LordKasual

Banned
Eh. I think opening it up to more and more of the playerbase was a good thing overall? it gives far more mileage out of the assets and dev time and they managed to put Normal at a spot of filling a needed niche in gearing and weekly content that was super DFable (...most of the time).

It's a large part of why I'm not super stoked at the idea of unique assets, new storyline, etc. etc. tucked away in Super Savage; it's gone from what I thought was "we took a fight from internal balance phase and released it" to "we made a new EVERYTHING!" I am 100% more for that level of resources put towards more general content and the least amount of effort put towards the things I like. I'm satisfied just running face first into the wall with minimal frills.

It probably WAS a good thing for the rest of the community. But it did take something away from the hardcore raiders in order to give it to everyone else.

There was a sense of accomplishment present in Coil that is no longer in FFXIV.

Seeing people running around in Allagan / High Allagan / Dreadwyrm gear was incentive in a way that nothing in Heavensward was or Stormblood (currently) is.

I beat savage, what do i get? The same free ass gear from Normal except now i can dye it. Coooooool.

ebil

So on my SMN, should I go direct hit , crit, or intelligence on my materia??
You won't be able to meld any Intelligence Materia in any (non NQ crafted, but you shouldn't be wearing this anyway) gear that already has Intelligence on it. It's already going to be capped.

Jury's still out but according to Nemekh, who's the official SMN Math Wizard™, as of right now it's still tentatively crit > direct hit >= determination > spell speed. You can't really go wrong with direct hit, determination and crit honestly, they're likely going to be close enough in value at the end of the day.

scy

Dervy's advice at one point was to make a wheel with three equal parts of DH, Crit, and Det. Spin it per meld decision.

v2 down, time to get Spellblade Holy'd

kappa

It probably WAS a good thing for the rest of the community. But it did take something away from the hardcore raiders in order to give it to everyone else.

There was a sense of accomplishment present in Coil that is no longer in FFXIV.

Seeing people running around in Allagan / High Allagan / Dreadwyrm gear was incentive in a way that nothing in Heavensward was or Stormblood (currently) is.

To each their own on this one, I never really cared so much on the gear prestige stuff (though, I am hoping this is their Super Savage reward rather than a title). Then again, I did Savage Coil back in the day purely because of the Domitrix title sounding cool. And the Alexander mounts are still goofy rewards.

Current tier of gear doesn't even look that cool which doesn't help matters much for the vanity side.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I'm excited for all the potential variants on that caster DPS gear design winner.

iammeiam

I feel like a need an elitist/non-elitist scoreboard at this point because it's impossible to tell who is trying to keep the common man down at this point. everyone is crossing all the lines

Really, though, the final fights in the HW/SB Savage tiers always have a mount or minion for Idyllshire brag ledge posing (Does Rhalgr's have a brag ledge yet?) if that's what floated your boat, and if they do Super Savage right having a relevant clear to link will go alongside the Bad Old Days of Gordias and Midas and Savage SCoB for actual bragging rights.

Whether or not there are enough people playing who do the getting the teeth kicked in for the sake of it thing to float Super Savage or not, I don't know. But barring the, like, hour I spent running around on the stupid gobwalker laughing at the animation, the actual parts of raiding I enjoy have relatively little relationship to the loot.

Squishy3

I guess Rhalgr's mount display spot would be the bridge to the memorial thing. Can also get up on top of some of the tent, I guess?

RIP Idyllshire Ninja rock.

ebil

Gobwalker is my favourite mount.

Brag Ledge in Rhalgr's Reach is the Bragging Carpets of Melding in front of the tome vendors, according to that Angered dude who won the mount.

Is sarcasm? Whenever I've seen the Novice Network chat it's just talking about cucks and how great Trump is.
Nope. I mean it.

I have learned a lot from them, and they reply super fast whenever I see something different or strange. I have even joined some parties to do random stuff! They have made my experience with the game a lot better.

GAF FC chat is all about end game and high level stuff. I don't even interact much because, first I wouldn't be of any help, second I don't understand most of what you guys are discussing.

Squishy3

Does he call it O4S or V4S? This is important.
This is going to be so bad. I was watching Layla's stream when he started talking about it and he started off firmly on the V naming system and then started second guessing himself.

I'm sticking with O all the way.

ebil

Does he call it O4S or V4S? This is important.
I sadly think Angered call their stuff with a V.

Can we have a community consensus on this matter? It's killing me than it's going to take more than one weekly lockout to sort this stuff out when the actual encounters were sorted out in a single day.

Haly

It's so weird not burning The Spear or throwing it away.

When I Spread a Spear I feel like I'm damning my immortal soul.

iammeiam

Can we have a community consensus on this matter? It's killing me than it's going to take more than one weekly lockout to sort this stuff out when the actual encounters were sorted out in a single day.

I 100% expect this to carry on in the background until 4.2 and the next tier. If numbers continue escalating with V5.0, the V forces will experience a resurgence and possibly triumph over the clearly correct Team O. If they reset, I think V loses.

It might just be that I've been playing a few too many Splatoon matches tonight but uh I see excellent cross-promotion possibilities with a Splatfest to decide the issue.

scy

Sticking with O#S; I'm expecting the V to change next tier to VI rather than it standing for Version for this tier.

Edzi

Nope. I mean it.

I have learned a lot from them, and they reply super fast whenever I see something different or strange. I have even joined some parties to do random stuff! They have made my experience with the game a lot better.

GAF FC chat is all about end game and high level stuff. I don't even interact much because, first I wouldn't be of any help, second I don't understand most of what you guys are discussing.

I never knew about the novice network and I still don't know how to join. GAF got me through everything.

Gaf fc chat is and was amazing for questions and general help, not sure where you got that impression from.

Haly

Can we get Nier crossover event before Splatoon crossover event at least.

Plz yoshida.

Haly

I hope healers get a flaming skull helmet as well

I hope every class gets a different animal's skull. Wolf, Cat, Hawk, Elk, Dragon...

I'm kind of burned out, which is awkward because I only resubbed in January for the SB hype. Feels bad.

cBj1LTf.png

Qvoth

there's literally nothing wrong with stopping your sub and just resubbing when new content is released, or whenever you feel like it
yoshida and his team literally designs the game with that mindset
hell even my brother who's been playing with me since beta of ARR is thinking of dropping the game when the sub runs out and maybe returning at the end of the expansion, i told him that's your choice and you're free to do so

Have you tried getting to 200 before? It takes hours, and 180+ with like 3 roaming Chimera's feelssobadman. Good Luck though~

Last group, we got to 187 and got rekt - but we had like 30 min left to finish and probably wasnt gonna make it anyway - 6 hours gone

Yeah, I have various times. 190 is my record but I need really good players wanting to go in which is why I'd set it up tomorrow night or something. I can't trust randoms on cross world pf. I indicate 200 but people bail halfway and don't give me a way to contact them. It's also an excuse to level Samurai.

Ketsen

The heck did I miss earlier.

It's nice to see your contribution to this thread is worth about as much as your contribution to your raid group

Seems like she's doing enough for her group where she doesn't have to constantly change servers/names just to mooch in a new group, so!

Either way, the constant complaining from a certain group does get old. Yeah yeah you can complain and still enjoy the game, and it's fine to raise criticism for certain decisions! But when a majority of the posts tends to be negatively-focused, it gets to the point where people wonder why someone like that would continue to play the game if they're having such a lousy time with it.

Plus the only thing to complain about right now is the lack of new ooids. NEW OOIDS OR RIOT.

Isaccard

Yeah, I have various times. 190 is my record but I need really good players wanting to go in which is why I'd set it up tomorrow night or something. I can't trust randoms on cross world pf. I indicate 200 but people bail halfway and don't give me a way to contact them. It's also an excuse to level Samurai.

Count me in then~

Either way, the constant complaining from a certain group does get old. Yeah yeah you can complain and still enjoy the game, and it's fine to raise criticism for certain decisions! But when a majority of the posts tends to be negatively-focused, it gets to the point where people wonder why someone like that would continue to play the game if they're having such a lousy time with it.

Something something mindless fawning

Aeana

It's nice to see your contribution to this thread is worth about as much as your contribution to your raid group

My post was an uncalled-for snipe, and I regret it -- I wasn't in the best of moods earlier -- but I have no idea where this post is coming from or who you even are.

MechaX

Edit: All this raid talk. Meh, never raiding again unless I find a group half as fun as my Coil group

what if Yoko Taro writes Pearl and Marina's dialogue? What then?

You're acting like Yoko Taro wants to stay in the business where he secretly wants to leave and fish forever or some shit.

Redhood

I guess Rhalgr's mount display spot would be the bridge to the memorial thing. Can also get up on top of some of the tent, I guess?

RIP Idyllshire Ninja rock.

I just saw today morning on Moogle (EU) a guy on the high arches on the left side of memorial rock!

BlackJace

Seriously thinking of giving WHM a go. SCH feels a little better after the patch, but I wanna try a second job after all this time maining SCH.

Down the road I'll try and fit a DPS in there too.

Qvoth

Why does the world feel so lonely? No one is running around, no one is doing FATES. Where is everyone?

everyone's mostly in the main hub area and city now in stormblood
also doing fates isn't an efficient way to level up anymore, unless you were together with the leveling up train when the game/expansion is still new

Danj

So I have a Duty (Akh Afah Amphitheatre (hard)) that I have to do as part of an MSQ, but nobody's queued up for it at this time of day. Is there a website that says when the best times to queue up for specific duties are?

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
This is probably my favorite Savage raid yet, especially for the first round of it. All the fights have been very fun.

Play O3S as a Black Mage.

WHERE IS THE FUN

It's actually fun. Just hard because you have to do stuff which is lame.

CrassHoppr

Neo Member
Can anyone give some insight on this issue? I've heard great things about FFXIV and the PS4 Pro + Boost Mode, so I was playing it on my Pro, with Boost Mode, with Pro settings enabled in FFXIV... And it seems to be much choppier than when I put it on normal PS4 settings. Is there some special setting I'm missing or something? I remember people raving about it, even on gaf... but so far the "Pro" graphics mode of the game seems like a downgrade to me. The original PS4 settings make it much smoother, both in animation and camera movement.

Top Bottom