• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood |OT| Y'all Need to Calm Down

Jonami90

Neo Member
Sorry to ask, but I have some quick questions:

- If I purchase the expansion now but haven't completed Heavensward yet, do I still get the increased level cap from owning Stormblood?
- Are the pre-order items (the Ala Mhigan earrings etc.) available in Heavensward, or would I need to get to Stormblood content to access them?

Thanks in advance.

N.A

Banned
Sorry to ask, but I have some quick questions:

- If I purchase the expansion now but haven't completed Heavensward yet, do I still get the increased level cap from owning Stormblood?
Yes, you will earn exp from all the level 60 content.
- Are the pre-order items (the Ala Mhigan earrings etc.) available in Heavensward, or would I need to get to Stormblood content to access them?

Thanks in advance.

Pre-order bonuses are almost always low level so you should be able to use them immediately (though I believe they are not being delivered until the 20th)

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Will i have to keep loging in/out of the launcher, or will the green play button refresh itself green when things go active?

To jump on the quick question bandwagon, if I have Stormblood on PS4 and only up to Heavensward on PC, am I only locked out of the Stormblood areas if I play on PC? What about if I change to, say, RDM and log out in Limsa?

Stuart444

To jump on the quick question bandwagon, if I have Stormblood on PS4 and only up to Heavensward on PC, am I only locked out of the Stormblood areas if I play on PC? What about if I change to, say, RDM and log out in Limsa?

Not sure about the RDM thing but yes, you will be locked out of SB areas on PC

CLBridges

I'm up and ready for servers to go online. Read over the job guide for Bard and feel good about it. Samurai is gonna be a beast. Astros are now healer bae lol. Didn't read all changes but I like the direction SE is going. Looks like these battle system changes will make balance issues easier to adjust.

No more Bow Mage! And, I'm still gonna play WHM cause it ain't that serious. 😎

Veggy

Whats the likelihood the servers will actually be up on time? I can't remember Heavensward launch at all (which probably means it was good?)

Logging in yesterday to try and finish off the HW quests to prepare for Stormblood and then finding out there's 24 hour maintenance was.....annoying

fury

I got a new iMac and I'm thinking of getting FFXIV. I remember reading the Mac version was crap when it came out. Does anyone know if that's still the case, and would it be better to use Bootcamp and get the Windows version?

Sorian

Banned
Whats the likelihood the servers will actually be up on time? I can't remember Heavensward launch at all (which probably means it was good?)

Logging in yesterday to try and finish off the HW quests to prepare for Stormblood and then finding out there's 24 hour maintenance was.....annoying

HW launch was amazing, if we were getting a delayed maintenance end, they likely would have announced it by now, they usually do it about 45min beforehand.

CLBridges

Very likely. I can recall during HW having no issues at all. Don't even remember any queues either. Smooth sailing is my expectations.

My ps4 pro decided to get the unable to download patch files error. I didn't know since I was at work... now the launcher is back up running. I've downloaded tons today but I can't believe this.

Sacrificed my PS3 in hopes of it happening!

I never had a PS3

Like if Yoshida cries every time.

yoshidacry.png

Guess Who

Banned
I got a new iMac and I'm thinking of getting FFXIV. I remember reading the Mac version was crap when it came out. Does anyone know if that's still the case, and would it be better to use Bootcamp and get the Windows version?

As someone who plays on his MBP (and is posting from Boot Camp on said MBP right now while I wait for the servers to come back up), I would definitely Boot Camp it.

dabig2

Wonder if I should go unlock SAM/RDM first in Ul'dah or start the main quest and unlock some areas. Or should I skip the mad rush to all of these and just do my new job quests. Or run a lvl 60 dungeon after I fix my hotbars to test out the changes and re-train my muscle memory. Decisions decisions.

Guess Who

Banned
the first ten minutes of 4.0 will be setting up my hotbars

the next thirty minutes will be figuring out how the fuck i am supposed to bard now

Top Bottom