• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV - Main characters and Japanese voice cast revealed

They basically confirmed that they're going to do sequels; that's where you will get your playable Stella.

Or maybe Stella will join your party near the end of the game, like Riku did in Kingdom Hearts II. This is not the entire playable cast. Why are people panicking? Everything they've shown so far is from the beginning of the game!

ironcreed

Banned
loooool still can't get over how much Promoto has changed!

2013 vs 2008
w3uKodg.jpg
i2huUbY.png

Looks damn near real... and much better.

Those are some incredibly dumb names. It's been a while since my latin classes but if I'm correct 'Noctis Lucis Caelum' means 'Night of the bright sky' or 'sky of the night's light', the cases are not clear, so it could be either.

7Th

Or maybe Stella will join your party near the end of the game, like Riku did in Kingdom Hearts II. This is not the entire playable cast. Why are people panicking? Everything they've shown so far is from the beginning of the game!

Because they need to save something for the sequel; anyone expecting XV to be a genuinely "large" game after the recent comments is deluding him/herself.

FFXV = Backstreet Boys

FFXV-2 = Spice Girls?

AKB15-2

Feonix

I really like the party design a lot. It's extremely a-typical and that appeals to me greatly. There's annoying children (Vaan/Hope), there's no obligatory cute high-pitched girl (Vanille, Rikku), it's just a guy and his mates being badasses. Love it.

Zoe

The big thing I like is that they don't have perfect skin.

There are blemishes and sunspots everywhere, as if they were real fucking people.

It's great.

Despite what people were saying in the other threads, you can see in the HD grabs that even the girls have imperfections.

These cast actually looks pretty cool, I can't wait to see whatever the story is play out, as this looks to be a very cool cast, especially along with every other character announced.

I'm very curious about this character
PWMUk3Qh.jpg

As Kagari has said he's voiced by Keiji Fujiwara, which hopefully implies he'll be a playful side character a-la Reno or Axel and be voiced by Quinton Flynn in the english version.

He looks like he could be Gilgamesh.

Because they need to save something for the sequel; anyone expecting XV to be a genuinely "large" game after the recent comments is deluding him/herself.

Nomura's games always have a metric ton of content. I see no reason to believe this one will be any different. Just because Toriyama is an idiot doesn't mean XV will follow his path too.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
This is really not that surprising because we know that Nomura's own personal taste in stuff he directs is that he doesn't like using CG movies during the game. I don't think he'll have a choice in FFXV, just like Matsuno didn't have a choice in FFXII, but we should expect a similar style of direction which favors realtime cutscenes and realtime stuff over CG.

A good comparison is to look at how Nomura goes from marketing to design in the KH games. The KH opening movies and teaser stuff are always CG, and they show scenes from the actual games themselves - usually major set pieces, all in CG glory. But in the games themselves the set pieces and scenes are all realtime cutscenes or playable sequences instead.
Yeah it's a cool way to do it, I dig seeing the proof of concept stuff translating to actual in-game set pieces. It's rewarding when you reach an area you've seen in a CG video and get to play whatever was shown. I got all giddy when I saw it recreated in real time in the trailer followed by a playable sequence.

Chake

Banned
If FF games usually release in Q4 in japan, does that mean this game might come out in Q4 2014? Since FFXIII-3 is coming in japan this Q4.

Zoe

Looking up the voice cast, three out of five voice actors are also singers.

Step it up Square, I want a boy band out of this!

They actually released singles from YuRiPa.

If FF games usually release in Q4 in japan, does that mean this game might come out in Q4 2014? Since FFXIII-3 is coming in japan this Q4.

Will the XBOne even be out by then in Japan? :lol

UrbanRats

loooool still can't get over how much Promoto has changed!

2013 vs 2008
w3uKodg.jpg
i2huUbY.png

Much much better now, he looks like a blond Ezra Miller, now.
Before he looked like a generic CGi anime character.
--

Also some of the stupidest names i've heard, but i really like the "Royal families" angle they're going for, makes for some exciting conflict and dynamics.

7Th

Nomura's games always have a metric ton of content. I see no reason to believe this one will be any different. Just because Toriyama is an idiot doesn't mean XV will follow his path too.

Because "the story is too large to fit in a single game" is PR speak for "we were forced to cut content for the sequels because the investment was too large for a single title".

Because "the story is too large to fit in a single game" is PR speak for "we were forced to cut content for the sequels because the investment was too large for a single title".

Nomura has always talked about XV being its own "franchise", even back when it was Versus.

Verendus

Banned
I think you all are placing too much emphasis on the sequel talk. FF15 is the same scenario from my understanding, as in you're going to get the beginning, middle and end to this particular story as Nomura envisioned. The sequels are going to essentially create another story in the same world.

Baleoce

If they can finish it, sure. Big if.

I honestly think it'll be late 2015 at earliest. I'm not an advocate of huge delays ala Duke Nukem, because after a while it starts to wreak of dev problems, but I really hope they just get this right and get the series back on track. So in that respect I'm not fussed when it's out.

EDIT - Derp, I meant late 2014

CorvoSol

For what it's worth, I don't think that it is unrealistic for a crown prince in kingdom facing political and military pressure from the outside world to have a close circle of male-only friends.

Yeah but that'd be like having Cecil's party only be people he knew from Baron. Half the fun is picking up new characters as the quest goes on.

Top Bottom