• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV - Main characters and Japanese voice cast revealed

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I would like to see it release by the end of next year - at least for Japan anyway. We'll see I suppose. Good thing PS4 is region free as I imagine there will definitely be a delay between the Japanese and western versions regardless of release dates.

Whompa

I would like to see it release by the end of next year - at least for Japan anyway. We'll see I suppose. Good thing PS4 is region free as I imagine there will definitely be a delay between the Japanese and western versions regardless of release dates.

All depends on how quickly they scooped up the english VAs if they did yet. Wondering when they picked up the Japanese guys.

Deus Ex Human Revolution voice sessions took something like 4 years to complete, so here's hoping...

Go_Ly_Dow

Worldwide release or bust. I don't care if this means delaying the Japanese release!

Localization wait time would be beyond painful!

Honestly, seeing stuff like Ignis and the Quantum Dream tech demo makes me hope that Square Enix will drop CG in the future.

There's no point anymore. These days the CG actually hurts more than it helps, since it breaks immersion.

Stark

Banned

Would it be safe to say the Japanese voice casting is already done? since they confirmed it going on in like 2011, no?

Paches

Pre order now for a bonus character!

Ce9TFtu.jpg

I imported FFXIII when it came out in Japan. If XV comes out next year in Japan, I may just do it again. I think this time that might actually pay off for me.

Blusby

I hope Stella and that Raven-headed woman are playable, nothing worse than playing with a boy-band. Need some Double X's in that shit.

Really? People are complaining about a (possible) all-male cast?

X-2 had an all-female cast (as people have pointed out), and something tells me if Nomura was some closet sexist he wouldn't have made Aqua one of the most powerful characters in the KH canon.

It makes much more sense that the reason the cast is male is because this game was a spinoff and he wrote his story around a small main cast that happened to be guys.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Would it be safe to say the Japanese voice casting is already done? since they confirmed it going on in like 2011, no?

I imagine a good lot of it is done, sure. But depending on what's been added/changed/whatever they may have more work to do.

Whompa

Really? People are complaining about a (possible) all-male cast?

X-2 had an all-female cast (as people have pointed out), and something tells me if Nomura was some closet sexist he wouldn't have made Aqua one of the most powerful characters in the KH canon.

It makes much more sense that the reason the cast is male is because this game was a spinoff and he wrote his story around a small main cast that happened to be guys.

Nothing can be perfect on the internet. Just gotta look past those kinds of comments.

With the game not even fully revealed, with so many questions left, and characters that haven't even been revealed yet, people will just jump to conclusions and spout out incredibly silly assumptions...kinda like the silly assumptions people made for the past 7 years until this atomic bomb dropped.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I imported FFXIII when it came out in Japan. If XV comes out next year in Japan, I may just do it again. I think this time that might actually pay off for me.

I've been waiting 7 years... I'm definitely going to import. J cast is probably superior anyway :x

Stark

Banned
Man, one thing for sure is how superior the writing is compared to the Lightning Saga.

"It is high time we sever the line of Lucis once and for all."

I imagine a good lot of it is done, sure. But depending on what's been added/changed/whatever they may have more work to do.

I thought as much. This is good though since they can just focus more on the game itself.

I've been waiting 7 years... I'm definitely going to import. J cast is probably superior anyway :x

Keiji Fujiwara. Of course it is!

Wazzy

Banned
Love the look of them all(did mullet cut his hair in the poster? I hope so)but I'm hoping there's more characters, especially who are female.

Yes, X-2 had all female but it wasn't a mainline FF. I see no reason for why there can't be more female party members so I'll wait for more information.

I know I've said it before but I really don't like that they're all wearing black, it's boring. It would be cool if it had a clothing system like Xenoblade.

Either way I'm super hyped for this game, it keeps looking better and better.

In my case, it really all depends on if anything else comes out that necessitates me buying a PS4 before the Japanese release. I'm definitely not buying a console to play an import game. That'd be crazy.

(Says the person who bought a second PS2 simply to mod it to play ludicrously expensive import PS2 games...)

But yeah, if I have a PS4 when XV comes out (and the English release isn't soon after), I'll import. If I don't, I'll just wait for the US launch.

d[-_-]b;63017376 said:
Ummm wtf is wrong with that water, where is the power of PS4 going :(.

This is one thing I knew would happen and think people need to keep in mind. This is a game from current going next gen. Games like this have spotty patches because of that generation shift. Happens to the best of games (Onimusha, and that shifted) so I wouldn't hold it against them.

Rayis

Holy crap, the all-male cast, The Yaoi will be strong with this one, I hope they have Ho Yay moments in the game too, hehehehhe

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Man, one thing for sure is how superior the writing is compared to the Lightning Saga.

"It is high time we sever the line of Lucis once and for all."
It's the translation doing a good job enriching the original script though.

man those characters, so generic :(

They look like people who would live in a real world setting, and who are affiliated with a Yakuza/Mafia-inspired family. That's kind of the point. If they were flashy and colorful, they wouldn't fit the world theme or the core concept.

"This is a fantasy based on reality." Keep that in mind. :)

Top Bottom