• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV - Main characters and Japanese voice cast revealed

Christ all mighty, people! We've only seen a small part of the game and some of the main characters.

-"All male party members/No female party members?"
-"This only takes place in a city now?"
-"Is this the full extent of variety in gameplay?"
-"Everyone wears black? GENERIC!"
-"There's no Cid?"
-"Where are the black people?"

Like literally every other FF game I'm sure there will be gradual updates showing new locations, new characters, world exploration, more details, etc.
Some of you need to calm down and remember this is a re-reveal of a massive game that just happened less than 48 hours ago and there's bound to be tons of new info coming in the next year and a half.

Sheesh. :p

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Christ all mighty, people! We've only seen a small part of the game and some of the main characters.

-"There's no Cid?"

Like literally every other FF game I'm sure there will be gradual updates showing new locations, new characters, world exploration, more details, etc.
Some of you need to calm down and remember this is a re-reveal of a massive game that just happened less than 48 hours ago and there's bound to be tons of new info coming in the next year and a half.

Calm down dude. No one is flipping out like you are tonally.

Hedge

An all-male cast? Yes please. Especially since the last female FF character I didn't find annoying was Fran. Mostly because Fran and Balthier were an amazing team. Before Fran? Um.. no one really comes to mind. SE are just better at writing male characters. Though, if Stella proves to be like Aqua from KH:BBS, then I won't mind. Just nothing of that annoying chirpy or always-super-nice-desu stuff.

Whompa

Nobody is flipping out. The game looks FANTASTIC. The people making silly comments about how a character looks the ratio of male to famle characters are few and far between.

Hedge

-"There's no Cid?"

They're all humans? Yuck! So 2012!

Baleoce

d[-_-]b;63017376 said:
Ummm wtf is wrong with that water, where is the power of PS4 going :(.

iLGbrxuabsofH.jpg

Joking of course xD

Baleoce

Not sure I really get the all-male cast complaint. There does seem to be female support characters, and I'm sure that's not all there'll be in the entire game. Also X-2.

Bladenic

Yeah I know Stella and the other girl are there. I'm talking about what seems to be the main party members.

It's too early, though my guess? The five we see now, plus Stella joining later on. Again, wayyyyy too early to tell though. This reminds me of when Tales of Graces was revealed showing just Asbel fighting and everyone assumed he'd be the only playable character lmao.

Savitar

I wish they would get rid of that model look for the guys, it's so bad.

But then I remember, Square games these days are not for me.

Yeah I know Stella and the other girl are there. I'm talking about what seems to be the main party members.

There'll be more party members. Right now we only have five members of Team Noctbro, and we've never actually seen Cor fight. For all we know, he could die an hour into the game.

Stella will likely join the team at some point, and I'm sure Noctis will pick up more people (and lose some) along the way. There's no way the party will be the same five guys for the entire story.

Whompa

I wish they would get rid of that model look for the guys, it's so bad.

But then I remember, Square games these days are not for me.

The guy in your avatar looks like he could fit perfectly as a villain for an FF game...why is this a problem for you?

No. People have legitimate reasons to take issue with the lack of female characters. No need to dismiss these concerns as feminists going out of their way to ruin things.

I dunno, it's a bit too early yet to start drawing conclusions at the lack of female characters. Considering the bro-ness of the main cast and the impending war setting(as duckroll pointed out) I wouldn't be surprised if the game made a notable deal out of the lack of ladies present. If that's the case, and it's relevant to the story, then I don't see the problem with focusing on a group of lonely lads.

Baleoce

Judging by the trailer/snippets of gameplay, do we think the summons are going to be restricted to boss style fights? Or could there be more to them?

Calm down dude. No one is flipping out like you are tonally.

kayos to the rescue.

Go through the last few threads about this game in the past two days and you'll see similar knee-jerk assumptions all over the place.
The 'tonal' quality of my post isn't the issue. Other people around here need to be calm, use their heads, & realize there is still a ton of info on this game that will trickle out over time.

Why not? It would emphasize the bond they have.

I rarely use late additions to the party. You just don't get that chance to build an attachment to them unless they get forced down your throat.

For all we know the first character could join right after you escape Lucis at the beginning of the game. Or you could lose one of them during the intro.

For example, Cor is never shown in any gameplay footage or trailers outside of a few brief scenes in Lucis, yet he's being billed as a "main character". Given this, and the facts we don't know what his weapon is, his character archetype (stoic "knight" type) and his somewhat simpler design compared to the other members of the team, it can be assumed that something happens to him during the escape from Lucis. He dies. He betrays you. Or he stays behind to protect King Regis and doesn't formally join the main party.

All we really know is that these five guys are part of Noctis' entourage at the very beginning of the story. More people could join, and given Nomura's propensity for it and the theme of death pervading the game's concept, at least one of them is going to die.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
kayos to the rescue.

Go through the last few threads about this game in the past two days and you'll see similar knee-jerk assumptions all over the place.
The 'tonal' quality of my post isn't the issue. Other people around here need to be calm, use their heads, & realize there is still a ton of info on this game that will trickle out over time.

They're not constantly ragging on about it. It's the first time they're seeing it, make a post about it and that it. There is no perpetuating argument about boys only in a negative tone or there not being Cid by one person. It's just a series of similar posts by various people. Considering they're not flipping out about it and trying to make a big deal by making that the point of this thread/argument, I'd say they're fairly calm.

Why do they all have red souls on their feet?

"In the English War of the Roses, red was the color of the House of Lancaster, which defeated the House of York, symbolized by the color white."

And what does the enemy wear? White.

That's not the real explanation, I made that shit up, did you rike it?

.JayZii

Banned
Why do they all have red souls on their feet?

It signifies the blood they will be forced to walk through in order to realize their political ideals.

Or it's a quirky eye-catching thing to add to all-black designs.

One of these seems less stupid.

They're not constantly ragging on about it. It's the first time they're seeing it, make a post about it and that it. There is no perpetuating argument about boys only in a negative tone or there not being Cid by one person. It's just a series of similar posts by various people. Considering they're not flipping out about it and trying to make a big deal by making that the point of this thread/argument, I'd say they're fairly calm.

Yes. It's annoying to see this 'series of similar posts' when people just need to stop for a moment (just a brief moment; not asking for much) and realize there's a lot yet to be shown about this game.... like I said.

Since you seem to be the expert on 'calm' I'll just defer to you in the future to gage the tonal pulse on the community. Deal?

Top Bottom