• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV - Main characters and Japanese voice cast revealed

Stark

Banned
DarkSouls disagrees. There is sort of the "main armor" of the game and many others that look jaw droppingly good and detailed.

Hmm... How should I put this? Like Zoe said, these characters are not avatars. I want to see Noct and the rest of the cast for who they are and that goes all the way to the factor of what they are designed and displayed as. Not what I want.

HeelPower

Hmm... How should I put this? Like Zoe said, these characters are not avatars. I want to see Noct and the rest of the cast for who they are and that goes all the way to the factor of what they are designed and displayed as. Not what I want.

sure I also agree on this.Their personalities and choices should be written and delivered by the game makers.But how this means that they should have one and only one god given appearance throughout the game is beyond me.

Nomura can't get enough of the sauce.
I99dtLA.jpg

Linkhero1

This has probably been asked before, but was that one guy in the trailer the same Voice Actor who voiced Lunge in Monster? Sounds eerily familiar.

Zoe

Is Exile supposed to the male equivalent of those female idol groups or something? That is a huge amount of males.

Nah, they do have talent
even if their stuff is boring as shit
. They also produce a female version that's made up of 3 smaller groups or so.

LW30efe.jpg

Dennis

Banned
The graphical fidelity and the fatigue from FXIII is making me excited for FF once more - something I haven't really been since FFXII - the last great FF game.

Famassu

So when exactly is the game coming out. Can we safely assume a 2014 relase date?
They are apparently aiming for 2014 and development is advancing smoothly, but they aren't fully sure they can make that deadline, so they aren't saying anything (as delays can happen).

Next-gen development started a year ago.

Didn't full development on VersusXIII (with Crystal Tools) on PS3 start in late 2010?

When we saw the gameplay demo in late January 2011, that was partial development with the benefit of full development for only a couple months prior to showing that (unless I'm mistaken). Also, keep in mind the 'full development' part of that is tricky, because S-E started to go ALL HANDS ON DECK with fixing FFXIV, so probably a lot of the production team was pulled from VsXIII in 2011 and much of 2012.

So they switch to next-gen in 2012 (has the month been specified?), will work all of 2013, probably most of 2014, so hopefully a late 2014 release still isn't out of the question.

...or we could get it in late 2015. :(

demidar

I'd say KH3 still being in the conceptual stages has more of an impact than Nomura. It's a different development team.

That's odd, I thought Nomura was the designer behind the mainline KH games. But yeah, signs point to KH3 just starting development. It's a very long way off.

Famassu

This game must end up costing a gazillion dollars.

I would love to know what kind of money SE is throwing at this and how many copies they would have to sell to break even.
They only entered full production in the second half of 2011, so they had a big team work on it for a year or so before moving to next gen, so it's been two years of development with a big team. Before that it was a small team getting the project off the ground and even that small team didn't work on it full-time, nor did they start work right after the announcement. I really don't think the budget for this game is quite as outrageous as you believe. A big budget, yes, especially now that they are putting a next-gen sprucing-up to it, but not some 300 million $ endeavor.

Zoe

That's odd, I thought Nomura was the designer behind the mainline KH games. But yeah, signs point to KH3 just starting development. It's a very long way off.

But the people doing the grunt work that takes all of the time are the developers.

Famassu

He's nowadays sharing responsibility with Tai Yasue & the other wonderful people of the Osaka team.

Famassu

source on this ?
The same Gaffer/insider source who said that Final Fantasy Versus XIII would be renamed Final Fantasy XV long before E3 2013 (Verendus is his user name, IIRC). Apparently he's trustworthy and mods of NeoGAF guarantee he's the real deal.

And really, FFVsXIII was quite likely very far along in development by the time they made the decision to turn this into a next-gen project. I mean, the game's world was fully traversable from one end to the other in Fall 2011, that's how far along they were. I don't think sprucing it up for PS4 & Xbone is as time-consuming as creating content from nothing, so even if they do add some stuff that the new hardwares allow, I don't think a 2014 release is out of the question, especially considering they need a big game for the next fiscal year and FFXV seems to be the closest one of those to completion.

HeelPower

The same Gaffer/insider source who said that Final Fantasy Versus XIII would be renamed Final Fantasy XV long before E3 2013 (Verendus is his user name, IIRC). Apparently he's trustworthy and mods of NeoGAF guarantee he's the real deal.

And really, FFVsXIII was quite likely very far along in development by the time they made the decision to turn this into a next-gen project. I mean, the game's world was fully traversable from one end to the other in Fall 2011, that's how far along they were. I don't think sprucing it up for PS4 & Xbone is as time-consuming as creating content from nothing, so even if they do add some stuff that the new hardwares allow, I don't think a 2014 release is out of the question, especially considering they need a big game for the next fiscal year and FFXV seems to be the closest one of those to completion.

yes Verendus seems to be very reliable on XV issues. I assume after waiting for so long to talk about it they are confident enough to show it.Hopefully we are well beyond doubt on this title ,and they already promised no more info hiatus for XV.That was great to hear.

Persona86

Banned
I love Verendus, his hints always give me a boost of positivity.

He also just said in another thread that, Sony is planning to make a high quality JRPG based on the style of Final Fantasy, and not something we know about, something very original, something that stands out. Awesome news.

ZenTzen

He also just said in another thread that, Sony is planning to make a high quality JRPG based on the style of Final Fantasy, and not something we know about, something very original, something that stands out. Awesome news.

I'd prefer if they did a legend of dragoon 2, now that would be the biggest of epic news

I feel pretty confident FFXV will come out Q4 2014 and if the Xbox One is releasing in Japan at that time frame, that supports it all the more. Best chance to push any systems over there are with a title like this at launch.

Well in the time it's taken for XV to be created, Nomura has pretty much created a whole new KH team (SE Osaka) who have worked on the handheld titles (including the wonderful BBS) and the HD remakes - so they are now more than capable of handling the KH franchise.
It's good for us though, because it means that going forward, Nomura and the original KH team may continue to bring their talents to the forefront for FF.

HeelPower

speaking of BBS, that amazing game had THREE playable characters. I think its 100% possible for XV to feature a host of playable characters.(Even though the fanboy in me is totally fine with idea of only playing as Noctis ^.^)

Voror

I know, he's been a great source of news in general especially with XV. He said something in relation to party members as well that was apparently good news but he edited it out to be safe.

Sounds great! Do you have a link to the post.

Well in the time it's taken for XV to be created, Nomura has pretty much created a whole new KH team (SE Osaka) who have worked on the handheld titles (including the wonderful BBS) and the HD remakes - so they are now more than capable of handling the KH franchise.
It's good for us though, because it means that going forward, Nomura and the original KH team may continue to bring their talents to the forefront for FF.

It's also great as it fosters new talent and teams so they can have multiple projects going.

Top Bottom