• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV |OT2| For Jared!

KiraXD

well.. ive been away from these boards since FFXV came out lol... lots of playtime... (almost 286 hours so far)

I fucking LOVE this Final Fantasy. Story is great (im on chapter 13 i believe) (I loved kingsglaive and brotherhood and watched both beforehand which helps fill in a few complaints people have with the story imo), gameplay is great... i legit get super excited when i stumble across a new dungeon or secret area. Im a sucker for Nomura designs (shrug) and cliche JRPG stuff... Other than FFonline titles... XV has got to be my favorite entry. (and i grew up playing every entry.) I waited 10 years for this game... and it delivers.

okay came back just to say this... back to FFXV...

Mesharey

About the sidequest A Meat Most Magnificent and the catoblepas item needed. Is it automatic or I must break specific parts to get it? thx
How do you get that quest? I think I never saw it and there's no more quests on the map.

I'm playing Duscae demo atm, Noctis sounds a lor different, weird.

Fuzzery

Hit 99 last night, double exp food + 30k hotel is too easy for that.

The lvl 120 enemy kicked my ass at lvl 90 or so though, bros couldnt stay alive at all, I spent so much stuff healing them.

DId costlemark tower and it was still kind of annoying even at lvl 90+, I suppose ill go do some sealed dungeons now

Dimmle

well.. ive been away from these boards since FFXV came out lol... lots of playtime... (almost 286 hours so far)

I fucking LOVE this Final Fantasy. Story is great (im on chapter 13 i believe) (I loved kingsglaive and brotherhood and watched both beforehand which helps fill in a few complaints people have with the story imo), gameplay is great... i legit get super excited when i stumble across a new dungeon or secret area. Im a sucker for Nomura designs (shrug) and cliche JRPG stuff... Other than FFonline titles... XV has got to be my favorite entry. (and i grew up playing every entry.) I waited 10 years for this game... and it delivers.

286 hours?! Doing what? I'm pretty much 100% finished at 125.

I think I found the solution, I'll try it out again later lol

It will force to go to the wrong platforms, the fourth time it will let you go to the SW pillar, this is the correct pillar, however when you are going down you will eventually get to a split, take the east route not the south route.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I did that mission on the Volcano.

Is it just me or did it seem like there was supposed to be a big boss fight in that huge empty area at the top? There's even a nest with eggs on the one side.

rataven

I'm playing Duscae demo atm, Noctis sounds a lot different, weird.

I actually thought they hired a different voice actor, Noctis sounds so different in that early demo.

Its great they stuck with the original guy and gave him chance to change his voice up. He does a fantastic job in the final game.

Is it just me or did it seem like there was supposed to be a big boss fight in that huge empty area at the top? There's even a nest with eggs on the one side.

Not going to spoil anything, but maybe check out the hunts when you get high level....

Fuzzery

Yes, it's a hunt

but yes so anticlimactic, a giant roc woulda been so perfect

jiggle

There will be one when u are feather in the game

Mesharey

I actually thought they hired a different voice actor, Noctis sounds so different in that early demo.

Its great they stuck with the original guy and gave him chance to change his voice up. He does a fantastic job in the final game.
For real yeah, he did awesome job.
They went back and did a redub of all the lines in the demo due to feedback.

Turns out people hated Bactis.
I see.

Voliko

thats like 12 hours a day nonstop man

burgerdog

Wait, are all the sealed dungeons just going to be the same cave over and over? What am I missing when people said they were amazing.

LotusHD

Banned
Wait, are all the sealed dungeons just going to be the same cave over and over? What am I missing when people said they were amazing.

People said that? I mean, in terms of challenge, I guess Costelmark was pretty cool. But yea, once I realized it was just the same floors over and over again, the appeal wore off quick.

Ricker

If it's the post on this page, its a joke and doesn't actually happen don't worry.

lol,yes it was...I just stopped reading and I was annoyed I could of read some big spoilers...he got me :p....thanks for the heads up. ;)

Quick question: has the poor frame-pacing been fixed or improved?

I dont think so...I am playing on the PRO with LITE mode though and frame pacing is not a game breaker for me,I didnt like the stutters in High mode though.

Think of them as combat trials. They are testing your skills, the Costlemarks sealed dungeon was my favorite part of the entire game.

My hands were sweaty and shaking like i was playing a Souls game, extremely satisfying. I had to think about every weapon, every accessory, every technique, the food i was eating was crucial, i was constantly going back and forth between different builds.

It makes me want a hard mode badly, i want the entire game to be like that.

Zakalwe

Banned
In lieu of a new game+ with added challenge, I've decide to do this:

Entirely new game with XP limit item. Finish it without using AP at all. Rush through ignoring all side stuff.

Start a new game +, cash in all XP, limit my AP usage per chapter.

Clunky, but it will have the desired effect.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member

Yeah they're really only for people that love the combat and want more challenge with it. I did the first and stopped. Plus I was already 71 hours in so I had my fill anyway. 😀

Zakalwe

Banned

Think of them as combat trials. They are testing your skills, the Costlemarks sealed dungeon was my favorite part of the entire game.

My hands were sweaty and shaking like i was playing a Souls game, extremely satisfying. I had to think about every weapon, every accessory, every technique, the food i was eating was crucial, i was constantly going back and forth between different builds.

It makes me want a hard mode badly, i want the entire game to be like that.

The sealed dungeons are my favourite part of the game. I love aiming for A+, no damage, etc...

The only issue I have is the repetitive monster sets. It would be awesome if they mixed them up more.

Looking forward to future trials like these. I'm sure we'll be seeing some as they're relatively easy to implement. Hoping new ones will have more varied environments, but that's not essential for me.

I would love to see some actual unique dungeons too.

Honestly can't get enough of this combat. At this point having mastered the systems it's incredibly relaxing to engage with.

Just starting the game, should I play the tutorial or not worth it?

Play it. But also do yourself a favour and look up a combat guide on YouTube and perhaps look for a hints and tips guide too.

Lots of little things the game doesn't explain. For example:

Certain weapons have unique combos activated by holding left analog directions and attack.

Iif you'd set the stamina bar to show in settings, you get a green bar over Noctis's was when you sprint. When the sprint gauge has a sliver left, press sprint again to instantly recharge the entire bar and keep sprinting. You can do this infinitely.

Buried a little deep in the menu is a place to arrange your items for use in battle.

Things the game doesn't tell you that make it much better.

I dont think so...I am playing on the PRO with LITE mode though and frame pacing is not a game breaker for me,I didnt like the stutters in High mode though.

Thanks, then I'll probably be doing the same. Suppose I might try the high-res mode just to see how bad it is.

Ricker

Not sure I understand the team up with someone to do something timer that comes on once in a while...I had one come up with Prompto at the start of a hunt...is it only through the tech bar or something...I just need to stay close to him and active his tech ?

this game really isn't that great at all. I enjoy the combat and battle music thats it.

Unfortunately it is a terrible FF game and a not so good RPG. I was thinking of holding off playing and wait for the so called pro patch. I'm considering just blasting through it now so I can sell it on ebay.

I'm on chapter 10 and still nothing has happened.

Jesus christ the landing mechanics for this car are straight trash.

Agreed. I was excited to unlock it but it's too much of a hassle to actually use. Why risk a game over when I can just fast travel to most locations anyways. Loading times suck but still... No risk there.

I finally bought it as it was dirty cheap on a local store. I put the Pro on rest mode while installing and it gave me a disc read error, lol. If lucky, I won't notice the framepacing issues.

KiraXD

286 hours?! Doing what? I'm pretty much 100% finished at 125.

Haha... I like to explore... I pick up everything, i farmed ap and xp... Im 100% complete up to the chapter im on in terms of hunts, items, side quests, upgradeables, acension grid, all sylvester maps, anything i can do up to chapter 13 is done.

Also Ive used 0 guides and no help to figure stuff out... Everything was found on my own...

Finished it. Holy crap, I love this game despite its flaws. Its my GOTY.
Me too buddy... Me too!

So I did the first Post game dungeon and it's pretty awful? I'm doing the second now and it's pretty similar to the first which ahs me worried that they're all going to be like this. They just have no design/structure and are just wave of monsters after wave. Please don't tell me they're all like this :/

So I did the first Post game dungeon and it's pretty awful? I'm doing the second now and it's pretty similar to the first which ahs me worried that they're all going to be like this. They just have no design/structure and are just wave of monsters after wave. Please don't tell me they're all like this :/

The sealed dungeons are all like that. They are meant to test your combat skills.

suikodan

Can anyone tell me why I use a Super Potion, it shows my full HP in green on the screen but Noctis only gets a quarter of the HP???

It's frustrating as hell. Bosses will one-shot Noctis and he gets only 600HP out of 2400HP of the Super Potion. Anyone experienced this as well?

Top Bottom