• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV |OT2| For Jared!

Did you try bracing yourself for power?

You give him the item he wants then do a mission or 2 then sleep once or twice.

Yes, that's what the quest descriptions says, but I can't seem to complete them. I have upgraded the first two weapons, then I proceeded with their nex upgrade. It's been a while since then and he's still saying the same lines. And I have like 3 additional similar quests from him now.

wmlk

P7Ozm6a.gif

The Magitek Troops are so wonderfully designed. They feel totally different and more polished than the wildlife.

Wait, you CAN actually crash the car? Tried to do that near the beginning of the game several times by swerving into traffic but the game always autocorrect the driving to go back in my lane.

I just tried it for the first time in awhile. I just crashed lol. Man, the regalia gets torn up.

Full manual, full acceleration, tight corners... My bumpers are all scraped to hell... And that's before I got flight...

On chapter 8, 24hs aprox, most of the time doing sidequests.

Yeah, this feels like the Metal Gear Solid V of Final Fantasy in a way. I think I'm dissapointed but it is kinda entertaining at least.

I grabbed a guide about an hour in because I couldn't find the last switch... Dreading going back because I have a hunt to do there...

Yeah I went back twice and still have to go back to do the hunt -_-

Also, I just realized that back during E3 they showed the ability to use each character during battle. Was this an option or am I tripping? Also I wish they would've implemented the Noctis dream sequence into the game for those who didn't play the demo.

Also in the dungeon mentioned, you fight that secret monster who uses an attack similar to the magic used in the demo. Are we ever able to use magic like that?

Just beat the game. Those ending feels...
Also.
I love how the title screen changes after you beat the game and how a really nice song plays, though I don't know the name of it. :(

Really makes me want to play more w/ camera at close. But I fear for my situational awareness....

I've thought that quite a bit could be done w/ control type 3 as well, where you can attack and defend while moving and controlling camera simultaneously, although I find the dodge feels worse than type 2's.

rataven

Just beat the game. Those ending feels...
Also.
I love how the title screen changes after you beat the game and how a really nice song plays, though I don't know the name of it. :(

The reveal of the meaning of the XV logo......*sniff*. Plus adding Noctis next to her.........that got me good.

Admittedly they worked the scene to fit the logo, rather than the scene inspiring it, but the sentiment was so appreciated just the same.

Arrrammis

I feel like I'm overleveled... A thread popped up about someone beating the game at lvl. 41, and I'm sitting at 61 at the start of chapter 9... those hunts and EXP spells do work.

NightOnyx

The reveal of the meaning of the XV logo......*sniff*. Plus adding Noctis next to her.........that got me good.

Admittedly they worked the scene to fit the logo, rather than the scene inspiring it, but the sentiment was so appreciated just the same.

Just beat it as well and I can definitely relate. Such a good ending to an awesome game!
It's my GOTY as of now I think. I mean don't get me wrong, it's not a perfect game, and a lot of peoples complaints are valid. I just can't help but love the game though. The characters, the combat, the world, it's all fantastic in my opinion. Even with the story issues, I felt so satisfied by Noctis and his crew's journey, and I'm not sure if anything else this year tops it for me. I'm glad I still have more to do because I'm not yet ready to stop playing even if the main story is done.

I miss treasure chests. Blue and red dots just don't provide the same feeling.

Yeah its hard to say what i prefer. I always hate the waiting time to open a treasure chest in games like ass creed for a totally arbitrary item but at the same time it feels strange if you get good or important weapons as a mere dot or orb or something. Handling it like diablo is the best imho

Just beat it as well and I can definitely relate. Such a good ending to an awesome game!
It's my GOTY as of now I think. I mean don't get me wrong, it's not a perfect game, and a lot of peoples complaints are valid. I just can't help but love the game though. The characters, the combat, the world, it's all fantastic in my opinion. Even with the story issues, I felt so satisfied by Noctis and his crew's journey, and I'm not sure if anything else this year tops it for me. I'm glad I still have more to do because I'm not yet ready to stop playing even if the main story is done.

Yeah its strange. Its got bad combat, over stylized characters, bad camera, terribad story telling, a really bad end chapter and so many other flaws yet the overall package is better than expected . Maybe its because I bought the PS3 (!) specifically for this game (and the last guardian)

NightOnyx

Yeah its strange. Its got bad combat, over stylized characters, bad camera, terribad story telling, a really bad end chapter and so many other flaws yet the overall package is better than expected . Maybe its because I bought the PS3 (!) specifically for this game (and the last guardian)

I love the combat and characters, especially the main four. I never had much issue with the camera but I can see how some would. The story telling does have it's fair share of problems, I'll give you that, but I liked the ending. I guess the game just clicked with me more than others. It does seem like a pretty divisive game though. I'm very happy to have finally played it and it was one of my favorites games of the year.

you're using one of the king weapons

Yep, this is explained when you get the first one. Unlock the Ultima weapon or stack Noct with self-healing chokers if you do decide to make then your primary weapon.

As for the camera, I played late enough that I think some of the patches helped. I literally saw the camera getting into a shitty angle in Costlemark then it suddenly snapped out in the other direction in a clearer view.

The biggest issue with the camera for me is bushes that don't turn transparent when they are right in front of the camera like nearly every other game in existence.

ViciousDS

Banned
Yep, this is explained when you get the first one. Unlock the Ultima weapon or stack Noct with self-healing chokers if you do decide to make then your primary weapon.

As for the camera, I played late enough that I think some of the patches helped. I literally saw the camera getting into a shitty angle in Costlemark then it suddenly snapped out in the other direction in a clearer view.

The biggest issue with the camera for me is bushes that don't turn transparent when they are right in front of the camera like nearly every other game in existence.

Isn't witcher 3 one of the only games to actually have bushes fade out in view in favor of combat? I remember it being one of the very few games doing this.

zakujanai

this game really isn't that great at all. I enjoy the combat and battle music thats it.

Unfortunately it is a terrible FF game and a not so good RPG. I was thinking of holding off playing and wait for the so called pro patch. I'm considering just blasting through it now so I can sell it on ebay.

I'm on chapter 10 and still nothing has happened.

11 and 12 are not better. I'm partway through 13 and it's awful, can't wait to get this wrapped up and left behind me.

rec0ded1

Just finished it. Didn't realize I had messed around so much and ended up being around level 60 when I decided to go ham on the story missions. It's good to finally get the taste of ffxiii out of my mouth and play a decent ff again.

I've got 80 hours in on ffxv on xbx1, beat the game... But I have a pro now... Tempted to rebuy the game and start all over so I can enjoy the higher fidelity graphics.

MilkBeard

Finally put a little over an hour into the game. I am happy to say that I find the game enjoyable to play. The combat has been balanced nicely since Duscae and is quite fun. There is a nice little core loop of dodge and counter you can get into.

Also, I love the contextual conversations in the game so far. I've always wanted this closer look at the relationships of the characters in a Final Fantasy for a long time.

Unfortunately, I do feel like some detail has been reduced in places since Duscae demo in the name of performance. Overall, the game looks good, but a bit uneven at times. This nitpick kind of lessens as you get involved in the game. Also, the game does feel like it lacks polish, which is disappointing.

The music has been fantastic so far, and I really love Wanderlust, as well as the atmospheric track that plays when you near your hunt.

I can tell this game will be solid, although not mindbendingly awesome. The good news is, however, that the game is fun and I'm excited to play on.

Ishida

Banned
Unfortunately, I do feel like some detail has been reduced in places since Duscae demo in the name of performance. Overall, the game looks good, but a bit uneven at times. This nitpick kind of lessens as you get involved in the game. Also, the game does feel like it lacks polish, which is disappointing.

You will change your mind immediately once you reach the Duscae region and your jaw falls to the floor due to how much the area was improved. Enjoy your playthrough! :)

MilkBeard

You will change your mind immediately once you reach the Duscae region and your jaw falls to the floor due to how much the area was improved. Enjoy your playthrough! :)
Yeah, I remember seeing the changes in pictures. I think it may just be that the desert is kind of rough looking in general, although I love seeing things off in the distance.
And although I won't say for certain that the lighting has been downgraded, they did make some changes so that it feels less present.

Edit:. Just experienced night time for the first time. The atmospheric music they added is a nice touch.

Please explain about the weapons. I'm on chapter 8

comedian

Took around 80 hours but I got the platinum trophy. Fuck Adamantoise, I'm curious what the developers actually wanted for that encounter because 1 hour of warp attacks can't possibly be it.

Pitioss dungeon, what can I say. There were moments, where I thought that it was genius, and that it's a pity that there wasn't more of this kind of challenge throughout the game. But my god, is it long and the jumping mechanism broken. I spent around 3 hours going through this fucking thing.

I've been working on the combat non-stop and now that I've finally beaten the game. I can start making the tutorial videos. I found this back when the game came out but wanted to wait until I beat the game and to see if it would be "patched out" in the December update. But I've found some tech so that people can do consistent blinks with minimal effort. This allows for some serious combat depth especially for air combat, buffering, dodges and more.
60wQHTT.gif

I'll post the tutorial once it done :)

I got the okay from my wife, going to jump on the ffxv sale on ps4 for sexy sexy pro mode. Good bye xbo copy, good bye 80 hour completed save.

Help I'm part of the problem!

Mailbox

I've been working on the combat non-stop and now that I've finally beaten the game. I can start making the tutorial videos. I found this back when the game came out but wanted to wait until I beat the game and to see if it would be "patched out" in the December update. But I've found some tech so that people can do consistent blinks with minimal effort. This allows for some serious combat depth especially for air combat, buffering, dodges and more.
60wQHTT.gif

I'll post the tutorial once it done :)

with ballistics you'd actually be better off by equipping a royal arm and holding defend. the arm will appear spectral and stop all bullets (or at least thats the case for sword of the wise)

I just finished Chapter 15, what is the best option from here? Do I reload my save from chapter 14 and call Umbra to go back and do bits and bobs I missed and further level up or would new game+ be the best option now and blitz the story to Chapter 9ish when everything is open and then go tackle everything and explore?

Also can I call Umbra from Chapter 15 or is that option not available from there?

Just picked this up. I happen to have Episode Duscae, should I run through that before playing or is it included within XV somehow? I'm watching Brotherhood as we speak and planning to check out Kingsglaive as well, although I'm not sure when exactly. I ran through the demo a while back, so I feel no need to go through that again. I just want to try to go through as much of the content as possible, I'm loving this world!

vareon

Just picked this up. I happen to have Episode Duscae, should I run through that before playing or is it included within XV somehow? I'm watching Brotherhood as we speak and planning to check out Kingsglaive as well, although I'm not sure when exactly. I ran through the demo a while back, so I feel no need to go through that again. I just want to try to go through go through as much of the content as possible, I'm loving this world!

No need, Episode Duscae was a different thing altogether. It was from a very old build to boot.

adz2ka

Castlemark, Crestholm, Daurell, and Balouve. Beat the bosses in each dungeon and you'll pop the quest.

just bear in mind that the secret door in Daurell is currently bugged or badly designed. The only way to access it is during the boos encounter of the standard dungeon. You need to warp to the platorm above his head and wait there till he dies so you can drop the ladder to climb to reach the area it's in.

If you kill the boss without doing this, there's no current way to access it (unless they fixed this in the patch? I haven't checked...).

Wait, so during the boss fight of the normal dungeon which can only be fought once, you have a 1 time chance of dropping the ladder to access the hidden part of the dungeon (accessing the menace version)? Shouldn't this technically be listed under missables then?

Footos22

Wait, so during the boss fight of the normal dungeon which can only be fought once, you have a 1 time chance of dropping the ladder to access the hidden part of the dungeon (accessing the menace version)? Shouldn't this technically be listed under missables then?

No you can just leave and go back in. They respawn

Zakalwe

Banned

Someone wrote later that you can get enemies to respawn there.

Otherwise yes it should.

No you can just leave and go back in. They respawn

Not working for me. :(

Get the best rod from the Arena in
Altissa
, do fishing side quest, go to Vesper pool to get the best line.

So I have to hold on on fishing until later?

I guess that's an option, but not really my playstyle. It's just a minor annoyance though, perhaps I'll have to adapt.

Mesharey

So I have to hold on on fishing until later?

I guess that's an option, but not really my playstyle. It's just a minor annoyance though, perhaps I'll have to adapt.
If you're planning to catch the hardest 3 it's better I guess, you can do it before that but it'll be a lot harder, it's still really hard with the best gear.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Btw I never understood what the increase hp/mp by the number of levels gained stat does. Didn't find any difference.

with ballistics you'd actually be better off by equipping a royal arm and holding defend. the arm will appear spectral and stop all bullets (or at least thats the case for sword of the wise)
True but this tech is for all weapons and add so much more to Noctis combat capabilities. Not just for dodging bullets.
Check it out: Passive Blinking

Btw I never understood what the increase hp/mp by the number of levels gained stat does. Didn't find any difference.

I though to too. I made a save and compared stats. There is a difference but not a huge amount.

Wow.

Running out of gas is terrible.

Never actually had that happen yet

Top Bottom