• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV |OT2| For Jared!

Can anyone tell me why I use a Super Potion, it shows my full HP in green on the screen but Noctis only gets a quarter of the HP???

It's frustrating as hell. Bosses will one-shot Noctis and he gets only 600HP out of 2400HP of the Super Potion. Anyone experienced this as well?

When you and your bros get down to zero HP their maximum health starts to drain (thats why its blacked out) the only way to fix that is with an elixer. (and obviously it will regen on its own when the fight is over, unless you are in a dungeon).

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
So all of you magic users, teach me how to properly use magic. Which skills on the Ascension I should pursue first? Powercraft? Bonuspell?

The AP investment required for the Magic tree is insane.

Anyone know if there's one central spot to view all hunts or do we have to seriously go outpost to outpost?

Outpost to outpost, best part is that some hunts are hidden from you till you rank up and some only appear post game... So prepared to revisit ones you thought you'd completed.

Zakalwe

Banned
That's fine and all but I just wished they all didn't look alike and actually had a design besides some generic cave.

They repeat enemy types too often too. I hope they add more varied modes/encounters like these, they're incredibly fun and deserve a little more attention.

Anyone know if there's one central spot to view all hunts or do we have to seriously go outpost to outpost?

Yeah, it's starting to driving me crazy. Especially now that I've unlocked the bigger parts of the map. Maybe I need to make some written note or something.

theofficefan99

Outpost to outpost, best part is that some hunts are hidden from you till you rank up and some only appear post game... So prepared to revisit ones you thought you'd completed.

Seriously ridiculous along with the fact that you can only accept 1 hunt at a time and you have to go back to the quest giver, too.

Yeah, it's starting to driving me crazy. Especially now that I've unlocked the bigger parts of the map. Maybe I need to make some written note or something.

I mean, that isn't going to help you anyways, since you can only accept one hunt at a time and you have to go back to the quest giver.

Seriously ridiculous along with the fact that you can only accept 1 hunt at a time and you have to go back to the quest giver, too.

I mean, that isn't going to help you anyways, since you can only accept one hunt at a time and you have to go back to the quest giver.

Not true. You can hand it hunts at any restaurant.

Oh, I didn't know this. But still, there's no point, no? Because you can still only accept one hunt at a time, and I'm assuming 90% of the hunts are within the outpost's area.

There's a point. Right after I turn in a hunt, my next thought would always be 'so, where do I go next?'. I have to manually search from outpost to outpost to accept the available hunt and that's a problem.

Jawmuncher

Anyone know how to fix a glitches quest?
The game is telling me to give the professor toad oil, but I don't have it (despite the game saying I do). Already tried going back to the dungeon I first fought the road at and they no longer spawn there.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
The game is telling me to give the professor toad oil, but I don't have it (despite the game saying I do). Already tried going back to the dungeon I first fought the road at and they no longer spawn there.

You mean Slime Oil?

The Gigantoad enemies that drop it only appear during rain.

Did you try restarting or seeing if an auto save is just before your quest?

krossj

One minute i'm like thats cool how i just went and did a mini dungeon that was just a side mission and had a great boss battle, the next i'm frustrated at the shiny things not being picked up after pressing x five times.

The game feels clunky and disjointed at some points and there isn't much of a story hook but so far the battles have been fun especially the boss creatures and the music is brilliant.

Chapter 6 at the moment. Been doing most of the available hunts at each stop.

jackdoe

Just got to Chapter 9. Yikes. Stuff immediately happens that directly contradicts stuff that we've been explicitly told earlier in the game, in one of the few extremely clear cut cutscenes, that we just have to accept. I'm trying to wrack my brain to find a way to justify this stuff in my head and I'm coming up empty.

AEREC

I absolutely love this game, however there is one thing that utterly confuses me and thats that several reviews praised the dungeons as some of the best ever in an RPG.

Im in the post game and while I haven't gone beyond the locked doors in some of the dungeons but what I have played have been very generic maze like tunnels with random enemy encounters.

Am I missing something?

I absolutely love this game, however there is one thing that utterly confuses me and thats that several reviews praised the dungeons as some of the best ever in an RPG.

Im in the post game and while I haven't gone beyond the locked doors in some of the dungeons but what I have played have been very generic maze like tunnels with random enemy encounters.

Am I missing something?

The first part of each dungeon (before the sealed door) is all really fantastic to me and one of the best parts of the game (and definitely better than the average JRPG dungeon). They are entertaining (due to the characters), and the designs are interesting and sometimes requiring some thinking to find and complete everything. The sealed dungeons are pure trash from a design standpoint, though. Yes, they are "fun" combat encounters (if you say so... lol fuck sealed Castlemark tbh), but their design is SO boring. The optional
platforming
dungeon is amazing. Well, it's both amazing from a design perspective, but also a little frustrating due to the way Noctis controls.

Am I missing something?

When you hear "best dungeon of all time" they are referring to the secret dungeon that is completely different from anything else in the game.

If you want to do it go to Lestalum between 1-4 AM and look for windows to overhear a conversation, that will give you the quest.

Soraantribal you messed up your spoiler tag.

When you hear "best dungeon of all time" they are referring to the secret dungeon that is completely different from anything else in the game.

If you want to do it go to Lestalum between 1-4 AM and look for windows to overhear a conversation, that will give you the quest.

Soraantribal you messed up your spoiler tag.

Yeah, I quickly fixed it after I noticed it lol.

So that's where you get the quest for it. I never knew. I just did it without the quest, though.

Althane

Definitely haven't been back to the spot while it was raining. Guess I'll just keep checking periodically unless there's a way To force rain.

It's an old quest so that option is long gone sadly

I had that quest bug out on me too. No big deal, just keep playing and next time it rains, you'll most likely run into a Gigantoad (they're friggin' everywhere). It's a fairly common drop for them, but they rarely spawn in groups larger than one, so... may take a wee bit.

Once you've got it, I recommend fast travellign to the professor just to make sure it doesn't bug out again.

Nydius

The sealed dungeons are all like that. They are meant to test your combat skills.

Test combat skills? The way the sealed dungeons are designed effectively eliminate several core functions of the combat design. (Spoiler quotes from here on just to be safe.)

- Point-warping: A core function from the tutorial onward, nowhere to be found in the sealed dungeons because the rooms are too small and have no walls or outcroppings on which to warp. This also eliminates the combat concept of using point-warping to regenerate MP, turning the entire affair into an Elixir chugfest.

- Magic is too much of a hazard because the rooms are too small, larger spells are nearly useless because they'll just do too much damage to your allies (Holiday Pack+ ring notwithstanding).

- Certain tech bar combos usefulness diminished because enemies just scatter all around the room. I've watched in futility as Gladio used Dawnbreaker only to completely miss an enemy he HAD been right beside when I told him to use it.

- Armiger/Armiger Link and Astrals frequently bug out and either miss or don't work properly (also seemingly due to the confined space of each room).

The only combat functions that reliably work in the sealed dungeons are blocking, link striking, and blindside attacks. But that's barely half of the entire combat system so really the only thing the sealed dungeons test are your patience and gear.

Mediking

Just started Chp 13. Hype is real.

I've really begun to like Noctis in these late chapters. Even Ignis. Gladio is at the bottom... personality wise but hes great at fighting. Prompto is good. Its a shame that he's not getting shipped with any of the women he likes. They all secretly want Noctis. Hopefully his DLC lets him date somebody.

P7Ozm6a.gif

Unlocked the post game super dungeons today, haven't played any of them yet. I'm in the early-mid 70s and have about 45 hours in. I just do a few quests and then sleep at the 30K hotel.

Thoughts on one of the dungeons, spoilers just in case:
The last regular dungeon I had to do was the one close to Insomnia within the imperial camp. Pretty frustrating but not to the point of rage quit, it was just annoying having to look for the switches and have to climb ladders / shimmy along pipes and ledges over and over. Only dungeon where I was like "Ok this isn't that fun anymore."

Reset

So I'm like 30 hours in and I just got the first summon
Titan
. I ended up just wasting majority of that time just doing the side quests and hunts since the combat system is great and didn't feel like a chore.

The story is taking a while to pick up though... but then again that might because I'm taking such long gaps between the main missions.

Mesharey

Anyone knows if the party can use first aid kit in the no items dungeon?

Thinking of using AP points to get advanced first aid.

Amazing gif btw.

Unlocked the post game super dungeons today, haven't played any of them yet. I'm in the early-mid 70s and have about 45 hours in. I just do a few quests and then sleep at the 30K hotel.

Thoughts on one of the dungeons, spoilers just in case:
The last regular dungeon I had to do was the one close to Insomnia within the imperial camp. Pretty frustrating but not to the point of rage quit, it was just annoying having to look for the switches and have to climb ladders / shimmy along pipes and ledges over and over. Only dungeon where I was like "Ok this isn't that fun anymore."

I grabbed a guide about an hour in because I couldn't find the last switch... Dreading going back because I have a hunt to do there...

I have been out of the Final Fantasy game for too long. I really hate this battle system.

Its pretty much Kingdom Hearts, if you like how that plays you will enjoy this also, I really liked, didnt at first but it turned out to be extremely fun warping around, teamwork attack etc..fun.

Jeffrey

combat is fun until, like with all games with ai party members, it gets hard and your friends are dead half the time... not so much fun then.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Wait, you CAN actually crash the car? Tried to do that near the beginning of the game several times by swerving into traffic but the game always autocorrect the driving to go back in my lane.

I just tried it for the first time in awhile. I just crashed lol. Man, the regalia gets torn up.

Top Bottom