• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV |OT2| For Jared!

holy shit i was out doing some hunting and ran into one of those big armors and aranea showed up to help out

i didn't know she could do that

Ferr986

Y'all should spoiler that, really. Seems like everyday someone spoils it.

And it happens in all dificulty modes, night only.

JoeNut

i don't think i'm going to have time to do all the sidequests and stuff on my first run through, i'm level 17 and at chapter 3 or maybe 4?

what level am i likely to need to be to finish the main missions?

Medicated

Neo Member
Exactly!

I finished the game and most of the sidequests (including adamantoise) in about 62 hours, had a level 10 chocobo and everyones skills at level 10 but gladios takes a long time. Going from 9-10 takes at least 4 hours of running.

I never had a problem with survival but my Chocobo was only rank 7 when I finally got my platinum trophy. Pretty much while doing hunts or other story quests if it was under 1mile I just ran everywhere using the sprint trick. Cooking was my biggest pain since I tended to save up my EXP so I could rest at the x2 or x3 hotels and never made camp much.

Medicated

Neo Member
i don't think i'm going to have time to do all the sidequests and stuff on my first run through, i'm level 17 and at chapter 3 or maybe 4?

what level am i likely to need to be to finish the main missions?

I don't think there is really a set level but you'll want to be 50 or 60+ and you should easily be able to reach that, just some advice try saving up your exp and using the exp spells and resting at the x2 or x3 EXP inns. They will give you a huge boost and you won't have to worry about being under leveled.

Toth

I was walking aroung Leide (llevel 53) when this huge Magitek suddenly appeared that was level 99. Absolutely destroyed me. Then Shiva appeared. Diamond Dust did a whopping....0 damage to it. I love this game hehe

MilkBeard

Got the game downloaded and ready to go. It was nice that they merged the updats with the original file, so it all came in one normal sized chunk.

I guess this is common for online games, but I'm still used to having to download extra patches even with the disc.

Munti

I love fishing in this game! :D
It's so addicted, I could fish for hours.

And when you have a very huge and rare fish, it really gets difficult. You really have to put in technique and patience to win the fight. It always builds a lot of tension to me, lol

Wow thank you Castlemark for putting a random teleporter to the beginning of the dungeon without giving any indication of what it was for, and not giving a way back :/

j-wood

So I hope I'm almost done with chapter 13:

I haven't decided if I love it or hate it yet. It's certainly...something. But jesus christ, what were they thinking with that bat demon that you apparently can't kill? Twice now I've tried fighting it and it just disappears and comes back at full health. I've wasted so many items.

Spoo

Slowly working my way through
sealed costlemark.
Got wrecked by the two Coerul Elders. Any idea of how far I am through it, and what the worst part is?
Jormungund was the worst for me so far

Astral

Not letting Somnus play throughout all of
Insomnia
was a big mistake. It gets constantly interrupted by battle and instead of having the song continue, the game restarts it.

Slowly working my way through
sealed costlemark.
Got wrecked by the two Coerul Elders. Any idea of how far I am through it, and what the worst part is?
Jormungund was the worst for me so far

You are getting pretty close. lots of goblins but those are trash.

ultron87

Chp 14:
Does it really want me to run like 2 miles, all alone, through masses of enemies? And with no way to get more healing items? I kinda burned a lot last chapter.

Lexxism

Chp 14:
Does it really want me to run like 2 miles, all alone, through masses of enemies? And with no way to get more healing items? I kinda burned a lot last chapter.
That's what I thought at first but.....
Man grown Talcott will save your ass.

rjinaz

Is it strange that im still on chapter 3 after 20 hours lol?

Lol no, unless we're both strange. Currently at level 48. Still at the start of chapter 3 and still have hunts left to complete. Just so much to do! That was my favorite thing about FF XII too in that the game didn't handicap you, they let you play even if it meant being over powerful early. Just got the ultima blade. Feels good.

So I'm at chapter 9.
I'm confused about the Umbra thing and this "time travel mechanic." I just assume this is some sort of rationale to get back to Lucis from a plot standpoint and from all intents and purposes I should just treat this like a fast travel back to Lucis, correct?

Adaren

So I'm at chapter 9.
I'm confused about the Umbra thing and this "time travel mechanic." I just assume this is some sort of rationale to get back to Lucis from a plot standpoint and from all intents and purposes I should just treat this like a fast travel back to Lucis, correct?

It isn't a plot thing. It just lets you go back and do your side quests / dungeons / hunts etc., but everything plot related continues in the main quests.

Lexxism

So I'm at chapter 9.
Yes.

So I'm at chapter 9.
I was confused about that too but you're correct. It's purely a gameplay reason to go back. Storywise you're past the point of no return.

Footos22

That nyxperience ring got me from 79 to 93 just by doing the Daurell cavern sealed door.

Smashed admantoise in about 30 mins. Just fishing to.level up and I'm done. 70 hours. I've enjoyed every min.

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
Done with Adamantoise too! It took me around 1hr at lvl 64 with Ultima Blade. Pretty easy fight just an huge spongebob lol

Sagely

I did an optional sidequest today to storm a fortress, recommended level 46 (spoilered just in case)
Formouth Garrison
. I was level 50 and really struggled with the last wave of enemies,
two big mechs
. My attacks did very little damage even with the optimal weapons and I couldn't reliably counter, although I was able to do it a few times with a very cool animation. Ended up chugging a lot of curatives and using Overwhelm and Armiger as much as possible.

Any advice on how to tackle these enemies in future missions? They really drained my resources and I must not have used the best approach. I'm at chapter 8 and polishing off sidequests level 50 and under before focussing on the story, so I might not encounter another sidequest like this until post-game.

I did an optional sidequest today to storm a fortress, recommended level 46 (spoilered just in case)
Formouth Garrison
. I was level 50 and really struggled with the last wave of enemies,
two big mechs
. My attacks did very little damage even with the optimal weapons and I couldn't reliably counter, although I was able to do it a few times with a very cool animation. Ended up chugging a lot of curatives and using Overwhelm and Armiger as much as possible.

Any advice on how to tackle these enemies in future missions? They really drained my resources and I must not have used the best approach. I'm at chapter 8 and polishing off sidequests level 50 and under before focussing on the story, so I might not encounter another sidequest like this until post-game.

They have ammo packs on thier backs that you can break.

rataven

Beat the game last night. Still processing everything. I'm pretty sure I enjoyed it all in all, it really was fun, although some things definitely tested my patience. But man, I loved the guys. Iggy holds a special place in my fav FF character list.

So I should probably ask this in the spoiler thread, but this seems more active so maybe someone here as some insight. Chapter 14:
what the heck was the deal with the Bahamut summon?? He comes swooping in with all that flourish, nearly defeats Ifrit, then eyes Noctis and.... what, just leaves?? I'm assuming this was another test for Noctis to prove his worth or something but I feel like he had to do that an awful lot. Anyway I was so tired by this point I just wanted an easy win with a Bahamut summon haha.

reKon

Banned
Is it better to just play through the main story, or is it fine mixing in some hunts and side quests in there? I don't want to over do the side quest and end up having the game bore me.

Qurupeke

Noob question: What am I supposed to do before playing the game? I remember downloading a demo that I never played for example, and supposedly there were some rewards.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Noob question: What am I supposed to do before playing the game? I remember downloading a demo that I never played for example, and supposedly there were some rewards.

Watching Kingsglaive is probably the most important. You can watch Brotherhood too.

Platinum demo if you want.

Top Bottom