• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XVI Complete Edition announced for PS5, Standard Game Price Reduced Permanently

Mr Moose

Honestly shocked the rumors werent true. No Xbox?
shocker-shocked.gif

tommib

Gold Member
You would think that the Xbox port would be announced with this complete edition coming out?

delishcaek

Neo Member
You would think that the Xbox port would be announced with this complete edition coming out?
I mean this version came out two weeks ago. If anything you'd think that they'd announce the PS5 version before releasing it on PC, heck you'd expect a simultaneous release for PC and PS5... but this is SE, they are kings of dumb decisions.

Goalus

It will come to Xbox eventually.
With this week's releases it wouldn't have been smart to also include FF16. Or how am I supposed to play FF 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, Seiken Densetsu 3, 4 and FF16 at the same time?

Mayar

First they say "The game had poor sales and didn't break even", then they release a full edition... Either there's something wrong with them or I don't understand something, but from a sales point of view this is some kind of wild nonsense...

Fbh

Makes sense now that all the DLC is out. I have no intention of rebuying it though, sold my copy for $55 as soon as I was done with it. As basically a $15 rental the game was ok

First they say "The game had poor sales and didn't break even", then they release a full edition... Either there's something wrong with them or I don't understand something, but from a sales point of view this is some kind of wild nonsense...

Why?
If a game doesn't sell as good as expected then trying to find a way to extract some extra sales from it is only natural.

A complete edition + a price drop on the base game is a simple and straightforward way to potentially sell some extra copies. It's cheap to implement too since they aren't even doing a physical edition

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

I don't think either point contradicts the other.

Doggyred

Neo Member
Does this run with a stable frame rate on the PS5. I'm playing it on PC with an rtx 3080ti and performance tanks whenever any NPC's are around. Even when I lower it all the way down to 1080p.

Little Mac

Gold Member
Think I bought my copy for $40 bucks off Amazon like 4 or 5 ago. Didn’t put a lot of time into it as I was anticipating it being one of the ps5 pro’s graphical showcases.

Seyken

Does this run with a stable frame rate on the PS5. I'm playing it on PC with an rtx 3080ti and performance tanks whenever any NPC's are around. Even when I lower it all the way down to 1080p.
It runs at around 40-45 fps during exploration and when in combat they drop the resolution very fiercely to try to reach a constant 60 fps. It usually stays there during battles, but there are some exceptions where you will be able to notice the drops because of the amount of things happening at once.

Top Bottom