• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT| Lord of the RNG

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm quite amazed that Nintendo realized the potential for the fanfic crowd.

And the rest of us gets to enjoy more tactics.
still, Tharja > Cordelia >>> *

Waiting for this game is painful ;_;

OceanBlue

Anna came and shat all over Gaius, what a waste of time (and items).

I thought this too, but if you baby Gaius a bit, the Assassin promote gives ridiculous offensive stats. It's kinda ridiculous how much STR he got. I haven't done a lot of promotes so I don't know if there are other promotions which give more, but I was really surprised.

Good news everyone! The ghost that was haunting my people has finally disappeared. No more extra places set, no more tea being prepared that no one remembers brewing. It's *sniffle* just so great *sniffle* to be free of it all. Why am I crying all of a sudden?

Anteo

Holy shit Panne, why did you crit 2 times in the same turn!? Do you undestand what 7% means?
Walhart is dead in one turn.

ohlawd

Good news everyone! The ghost that was haunting my people has finally disappeared. No more extra places set, no more tea being prepared that no one remembers brewing. It's *sniffle* just so great *sniffle* to be free of it all. Why am I crying all of a sudden?

I challenge my fate!

GODSSSSSSSSSS

Ken

Do you guys keep Olivia as a dancer? She hit 30 as a dancer but I don't know what to do with her as far as classes go.

Anteo

Do you guys keep Olivia as a dancer? She hit 30 as a dancer but I don't know what to do with her as far as classes go.

Whatever class uses swords, since she could alredy use them as a dancer I bet you have her with rank B or C at least.

Lusankya

Artwork like Olivia [and Tharja, for that matter] is the reason why I imported the artbook from Japan.

I absolutely love the art for Awakening.

Oh, yeah. Olivia's character portrait for example:

W1uNsRJ.jpg

ozvFud8.jpg

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Olivia's portrait looks like shit. The character art on the web is nice though.

I'm exaggerating before anyone gets on my ass.

scy

Olivia's death quote is probably the saddest ;_;

I don't think I could ever feel good about myself if I let her die for good.

You will come across a villager named Donnel. Don't finish that mission without leveling him up once to recruit him. He is a god in farmer's clothing.

I will keep an eye out for him, hope I haven't missed him but I don't think I've seen him yet...

And thanks Scy for your informative responses, too!

^_^

Draxal

So is it worth changing her and not having a dancer for a bit?

People like to change her to a pegasus knight then advance her to the dark flier class for the skill galeforce (best skill in the game). She can also pass that skill
to her son, Inigo

But seriously, why would anyone pick Maribelle?

My avatar married Maribelle :(

It just kind of happened. I didn't even know about the marriage mechanic until they were at an A-rank. It was my only A-rank so I said what the heck and brought them up to S just to see what the marriage would do.

Yeah she's kind of shitty. Her character on the map looks terrible too - the WORST on that stupid horse with the crown or whatever?

My avatar married Maribelle :(

It just kind of happened. I didn't even know about the marriage mechanic until they were at an A-rank. It was my only A-rank so I said what the heck and brought them up to S just to see what the marriage would do.

Yeah she's kind of shitty. Her character on the map looks terrible too - the WORST on that stupid horse with the crown or whatever?

Changed my healers into falcon knights <3 Makes them a lot better.

scy

People like to change her to a pegasus knight then advance her to the dark flier class for the skill galeforce (best skill in the game). She can also pass that skill
to her son, Inigo

If you get her to 30 as a Dancer, you can skip right into Dark Flier. It's not like you'll miss anything from Pegasus Knight skill-wise.

Edit: Goddamn, Donnel has so much swag in some of these support conversations.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Some more questions!

a) are stat-gains character-determined or class-determined? e.g. will Chrom always earn the same level-ups, regardless of what class he is, and the class is just responsible for the bonus-attributes the class gives, or will he earn more Skill/Speed as a swordmaster and more Def as a Knight, e.g.? Can that be used to "round out" characters? E.g. I see a character has very low of one stat, so I re-class him to a class where that stat is high so he gains some stat-ups in that class, before I class-switch him back?

b) Why does Lissa seem so weak, especially compared to e.g. Libra or Anna who I have in my party? :( I have no idea which characters are good or bad LOL.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
I need a second seal badly. I'm right before chapter 13 and
I really want to give Lucina Galeforce from Sumia but she's still a sage and I need to get her back to a Pegasus knight and grind like a mother.
What's the easiest way to get a second seal? None of my spot pass teams are selling any and random mobs are super rare as it is especially with a unit carrying a second seal.

All you people hating on Maribelle are the worst. She has great supports, especially the one with Olivia.

She just reminds me too much of every stuck up character ever... It's one of my pet peeves, one that I can't forgive. And as punishment, I made her marry Chrom.... wait what? Not sure what I was thinking there actually...

mercviper

Some more questions!

a) are stat-gains character-determined or class-determined? e.g. will Chrom always earn the same level-ups, regardless of what class he is, and the class is just responsible for the bonus-attributes the class gives, or will he earn more Skill/Speed as a swordmaster and more Def as a Knight, e.g.? Can that be used to "round out" characters? E.g. I see a character has very low of one stat, so I re-class him to a class where that stat is high so he gains some stat-ups in that class, before I class-switch him back?

b) Why does Lissa seem so weak, especially compared to e.g. Libra or Anna who I have in my party? :( I have no idea which characters are good or bad LOL.

a) Stat growths (% to gain a stat on level up) are determine both by character & class. The gains you get are kept forever through class changes, although they may reduce due to the actual stat caps on the character/class they change into. More information: http://serenesforest.net/general/growth.html

b) I'm only on chapter 3 so I can't really say anything about Lissa, other than I've been told to promote her to war cleric asap.

Magnus

Can't find this in Toronto. Would love to impulse buy and give it a shot, but there's no way I'm dropping $40 on it digitally.

Some more questions!

Both. Your growth rates are a combination of your character's own and class bonuses. It won't be major differences though, so changing someone with a low defense growth into a knight won't suddenly start skyrocking in defense.

Well, Lissa's a healer but she does have pretty good potential. She's quite a strong pegasus knight right now for me.

I really want to give Lucina Galeforce from Sumia but she's still a sage and I need to get her back to a Pegasus knight and grind like a mother.
What's the easiest way to get a second seal? None of my spot pass teams are selling any and random mobs are super rare as it is especially with a unit carrying a second seal.

It's random but after some time, usually merchants start appearing randomly onto the world map and one of them would sell it. Did you already redeemed the Second Seal you get from Renown Bonuses?

Have you used the second seal from the renown rewards already?

She just reminds me too much of every stuck up character ever... It's one of my pet peeves, one that I can't forgive. And as punishment, I made her marry Chrom.... wait what? Not sure what I was thinking there actually...

That's why her supports are good. She's not actually stuck up and is surprisingly a nice person.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Can someone list some of the universally accepted "great" characters/characters that are much better as a different class? I just wonder if what I'm doing/who I'm levelling is any good or if I'm missing out on some obvious stuff... thanks :x

scy

Pure Healers don't feel like they get to do much :/ Either grind her to 20 through spamming heal on DLC maps or something or just Promote her at 10 so she can do something offensively.

Just to chime in, if you get her to 15 and then use the Second Seal, you can skip the levels as a Pegasus Knight.

Can someone list some of the universally accepted "great" characters/characters that are much better as a different class? I just wonder if what I'm doing/who I'm levelling is any good or if I'm missing out on some obvious stuff... thanks :x

If you're not playing on hard or insane, I wouldn't worry about min/maxing character builds too much. Especially if you're playing on casual.

That said, the general rule is that if you can make a character a dark flier, you should go for it because of the skill they receive.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Have you used the second seal from the renown rewards already?

Oh yeah, already reclassed over half my units. Wish I realized I needed to keep one for Sumia or just didn't reclass to a cleric in the first place because it wasn't very useful. Should have just gone straight to Dark flyer.

Just to chime in, if you get her to 15 and then use the Second Seal, you can skip the levels as a Pegasus Knight.

From sage? Awesome.

scy

Donnel x Cordelia is kind of cheesy but oh-so charming.

This Support Grinding will be the death of my planned characters.

From sage? Awesome.

If you use a Second Seal on a Level 15+ Promoted Unit, you'll be able to select any class they can be.

Likewise, the same applies to the Special Classes (Villager, Dancer, etc.) at Level 30. Though, I'd still take Donnel to Mercenary for Armsthrift most likely.

Lunar15

My only minor gripe with the dating system is that it does force a lot of the characters into somewhat "tropey" dating-sim style characteristics. Domesticated, Snooty, Cold, and Shy. I've played enough Japanese games lately to see these tropes everywhere. It doesn't bother me THAT much, it's just that some of the support convos in previous games had a lot more character and variety when it wasn't about everyone trying to get in each others' pies pants.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
If you use a Second Seal on a Level 15+ Promoted Unit, you'll be able to select any class they can be.

Likewise, the same applies to the Special Classes (Villager, Dancer, etc.) at Level 30. Though, I'd still take Donnel to Mercenary for Armsthrift most likely.

Gotcha, I'm sure I knew that and then forgot it, but yeah I'm keeping Olivia a dancer, so now to grind Sumia to 15 and some how get lucky enough to find a second seal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom