• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT| Lord of the RNG

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll ask again but is there anyone in particular worth second sealing? I've been promoting characters for the most part but if there is anyone worth changing up I'd like to get into full optimization of some of these units.

Mupod

Lunatic is some god damn bullshit I tell you what.

I managed to clear chapter 4 only to realize that they put in some anti-grind stuff like making reeking boxes cost 4800g. And this spotpass team is giving me 1xp per kill.

DLC map 1 seems like it'd work, but apparently I need to worry about hidden levels more on Lunatic? Man...I don't even want to know what Lunatic+ is like.

I'll ask again but is there anyone in particular worth second sealing? I've been promoting characters for the most part but if there is anyone worth changing up I'd like to get into full optimization of some of these units.

Well, Donnel for fucking sure. Other than that, it's your choice depending on what skills you want the characters to have.

ohlawd

this game is hella flexible with your choices so a good majority can do well with just about any class they get into.

if a unit can be a Dark Flier or Swordmaster, let them reclass to those so they can get Galeforce (lvl 15 DF) and Astra (lvl 5 SM). I like Armsthrift (lvl 1 Mercenary) and Sol (lvl 5 Hero)

Galeforce - allows unit to act again after defeating an enemy (can move and attack). Non-stackable
Astra - 5 attacks in a row but with half damage (for example, a normal attack does 20 damage but Astra activating with do 5 hits but with 10 damage each, Crits can happen for every single hit)
Armsthrift - weapon usage does not go down when it activates
Sol - heals half the damage done to the enemy

scy

DLC map 1 seems like it'd work, but apparently I need to worry about hidden levels more on Lunatic? Man...I don't even want to know what Lunatic+ is like.

The hidden level stuff we're talking about refers to after Second Sealing; the game remembers more of it so you eventually have a really high base level for EXP Calculation purposes.

That said, you'll never go below 8 EXP/kill.

No way! Nowi got a stat up everything level up.

She has good growths in general (like, 120% HP? 50%+ everything else?).

Thanks for the help guys! I'm currently on Chapter 12 but I stopped to grind and promote. I think I'll try second sealing Gaius, just to experiment a little.

this game is hella flexible with your choices so a good majority can do well with just about any class they get into.

if a unit can be a Dark Flier or Swordmaster, let them reclass to those so they can get Galeforce (lvl 15 DF) and Astra (lvl 5 SM). I like Armsthrift (lvl 1 Mercenary) and Sol (lvl 5 Hero)

Galeforce - allows unit to act again after defeating an enemy (can move and attack). Non-stackable
Astra - 5 attacks in a row but with half damage (for example, a normal attack does 20 damage but Astra activating with do 5 hits but with 10 damage each, Crits can happen for every single hit)
Armsthrift - weapon usage does not go down when it activates
Sol - heals half the damage done to the enemy

The faires and breaker skills are all nice as well. I'd also take Lifetaker over Sol for characters that don't have ridiculous skill (and for people that hit fast but not hard, like assassins).

Mupod

That said, you'll never go below 8 EXP/kill.

Oh, that's no big deal then. I spent so much time experimenting with skills and leveling up supports to read the dialogue in my normal run that everybody was insanely overleveled anyhow. In the end Normal just bored me because my super-units were literally unkillable and I required no strategy other than just to move them across the map and one shot the boss. So I was hoping for a mode that would still provide a challenge without having to wait 6 months for dlc...it's just tough getting off the ground.

Funniest thing was chapter 2 lunatic where you are almost guaranteed to lose a unit if you move Fred to any square except a specific one on the first turn.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Question about forging: if a forged weapon runs out, and I later acquire more of it, will it retain its forged stats? If not will continually restocking the items be the workaround?

Prax

Question about forging: if a forged weapon runs out, and I later acquire more of it, will it retain its forged stats? If not will continually restocking the items be the workaround?

I don't know if I understand this question. lol
Generally a reforged weapon becomes a unique weapon and you don't get more of it unless you reforge a new (like reforge another steel sword for more gold) one after the first one breaks.
I don't think you can restock it either (or if it somehow lets you, you will be charged the price it costed to reforge it in the first place?)

ohlawd

The faires and breaker skills are all nice as well. I'd also take Lifetaker over Sol for characters that don't have ridiculous skill (and for people that hit fast but not hard, like assassins).

mhm can't go wrong with +5 Str/Mag depending on the weapon, I agree.
lol I hate the breaker skills. I was wondering why I couldn't hit this Griffon Rider with my Dark Flier Nah and then I realized he had Lancebreaker.

Mupod

The workaround is Armsthrift with 50 luck!

I never actually tried restocking with an identically forged item but you can't restock say a blue bronze axe with a regular bronze axe. Come to think of it I never tried Hammerne either since I was too busy hoarding the staves (and never ended up using them). Does that only repair one item or everything a character is holding at once?

mhm can't go wrong with +5 Str/Mag depending on the weapon, I agree.
lol I hate the breaker skills. I was wondering why I couldn't hit this Griffon Rider with my Dark Flier Nah and then I realized he had Lancebreaker.

speaking of breaker, is it just me or is the weapon triangle not really a big factor?

GeekyDad

What does it indicate when your stat number is green? I leveled Owain (which I think is my favorite character, by the way) to level 20 in his stock Myrmidon class and want to re-class him. Oddly enough, it will let me re-class him to...a Myrmidon level 1. Weird. Any benefits in doing that?

What does it indicate when your stat number is green? I leveled Owain (which I think is my favorite character, by the way) to level 20 in his stock Myrmidon class and want to re-class him. Oddly enough, it will let me re-class him to...a Myrmidon level 1. Weird. Any benefits in doing that?

green means the skill is capped for that job. No real benefits of reclassing to the same... well I guess you can do that to keep grinding levels.

It means that said stat can't go any higher at all in that class.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
I don't know if I understand this question. lol
Generally a reforged weapon becomes a unique weapon and you don't get more of it unless you reforge a new (like reforge another steel sword for more gold) one after the first one breaks.
I don't think you can restock it either (or if it somehow lets you, you will be charged the price it costed to reforge it in the first place?)
Well I haven't yet tried forging any of my weapons so maybe I'm missing the whole picture here lol. I was under the impression that a forging a weapon (e.g. Raising the Mt of a steel sword) will only do that: raise the Mt. while other stats including a category remains the same. So based on that assumption I started wonder weather if I run out said steel sword after xx uses will equipping the character with a new one allow him to access those improved stats (i.e. the boosts are tied to the character rather than the item) and if not would buying more steel swords and restocking the forged one would allow me to retain those stats.

Having written these thoughts out I'm starting to see how they are. I should just save my game and experiment with forging to get my answers lol.

ohlawd

green stat means a unit has reached the highest they can be for that particular stat.

well maybe your unit's getting some nice growth in speed within that class but you didn't max it out since it's lvl 20 and thus has no chance of it getting any higher. Letting it reclass to the same class can allow you to do just that.

I finally picked up my copy, time to dig into this until I finish!

Enjoy :D

Where's paralogue 5 and 6? And WTF at the difficulty spike in Paralogue 7?

names are in spoilers:
Lissa
and
Olivia
have to be waifu'd.

just realize outside of panne and maribelle and lucina (if she weds chrom) all olivia's support are with guys.

I suspect there are some interesting doujins around....

The second gen characters are so much more interesting that the 1st gen.

Owain and Inigo are pretty awesome. Morgan is pretty cool too. Lucina is a bit bland tho.... Morgan is lapping his mom(MU) tho..not cool bro. I don't even use her any more...why should I when he can solo maps and shit. I will say that I probably won't hitch the second gen up outside of a few....I need to actually...you know beat the game and i don't want the story missions to be even easier lol

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Do you have enough renown points to redeem to get one?

Yup a long time ago. I think my odds of getting a second seal are pretty much 0 at this point. Sucks because I know you get one in chapter 13, but I sure won't be able to level Sumia to 15 before the chapter end.

OryoN

Guys, question:

When units are paired or supporting each other in battle, what determines whether or not the second character will assist you with a strike? I'm guessing it's random, but I don't know for sure.

ohlawd

Guys, question:

When units are paired or supporting each other in battle, what determines whether or not the second character will assist you with a strike? I'm guessing it's random, but I don't know for sure.

How high their support ranks are. S is the best of course.
If you didn't know, you can see the percentage a paired up unit will block or assist in an attack on the left hand side.

lol if you didn't bother reclassing her into something else, you're shit out of luck.

But Galeforce if you turned her into a Pegasus Knight - Dark Flier.

Gotcha.

Well I just did chapter 12, so I didn't get to 13 yet, but this means I gotta do a LOT of grinding... Dancer to 10, Pegasus Knight to 10 and then Dark Flier to 15? jeez

Drago

So I was at Toys R Us on sunday and they had two copies in. Of course I picked one up. Glad I didn't have to go out of my way to find a copy!

Anyways, I've been mostly staying away from this thread for spoiler reasons
and I would probably be told I'm playing this game completely wrong as far as units and strategies go, heh
but I just wanted to ask - the skirmishes that let you level up units, are those the Paralogues? And are the members you can get from them any good? I just finished Paralogue 1 and I didn't pick up Donnel, mostly because if I tried to level him up I most likely would have gotten him killed, him being so weak.

Either way, game is quite good so far, and it has an addictive quality that makes me want to keep playing it. Probably won't be finished with it for a good while...

So I was at Toys R Us on sunday and they had two copies in. Of course I picked one up. Glad I didn't have to go out of my way to find a copy!

Anyways, I've been mostly staying away from this thread for spoiler reasons
and I would probably be told I'm playing this game completely wrong as far as units and strategies go, heh
but I just wanted to ask - the skirmishes that let you level up units, are those the Paralogues? And are the members you can get from them any good? I just finished Paralogue 1 and I didn't pick up Donnel, mostly because if I tried to level him up I most likely would have gotten him killed, him being so weak.

Either way, game is quite good so far, and it has an addictive quality that makes me want to keep playing it. Probably won't be finished with it for a good while...

No, skirmishes are when Risen appear on the map on existing locations.

And yeah, most characters in this game are pretty good.

Donnel is a god among men.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Miracle or Tomefair for Lucina to inherit? I feel like Tomefair is the better since I'll likely make her a dark flier to get galeforce and I doubt she'll be in a situation where she's that at risk to die.

ohlawd

Miracle or Tomefair for Lucina to inherit? I feel like Tomefair is the better since I'll likely make her a dark flier to get galeforce and I doubt she'll be in a situation where she's that at risk to die.

More like neither lol.

Who is the mom? Depending on the mom, I'd inherit the other skill that can't be normally gotten through Lucina reclassing.

Drago

Also, from chapters up to and incl. 3, is it a good idea to keep Miriel around? Even from level 1 she's been amazing but she dies quick... :/
My main team is Chrom, my avatar, Stahl, Sully, Miriel, and Vaike, with Lissa for healing. Am I doing good, any recommendations? Also, how do I get more money?

Really glad this game has casual mode, can't imagine how many times I would have had to restart just the first paralogue :p

Boulayman

I am thinking of buying a 3ds for this but I am still unsure about the whoel 3ds vs 3ds xl or if I should wait for another iteration. What are your thoughts ? HOw does the game perform in each case?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom