• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT| Lord of the RNG

Status
Not open for further replies.
20 is the recommended level to promote right? I got most of my units above level 10 right now except for Lon Qu, Don, Maribelle, and Ricken. Lon Qu sucks...
Whaaaaaaaat? For me, Lon'Qu is an untouchable crit monster. although I'm only on Chapter 11, so that may change later?

I'm LOVING the game so far, I'm playing on Hard/Casual. It's just hard enough to be a challenge, and I don't have to worry too much about losing a unit or two per chapter (usually near the end. Although I end up resetting if I lose someone important to finishing a level anyways. :p

I'm just futzing around with the bonus box teams and getting support ranks up right now, before I press on. Trying to get Chrom and Sumia to S right now, they're already at A.

Esura

Banned
Whaaaaaaaat? For me, Lon'Qu is an untouchable crit monster. although I'm only on Chapter 11, so that may change later?

I'm LOVING the game so far, I'm playing on Hard/Casual. It's just hard enough to be a challenge, and I don't have to worry too much about losing a unit or two per chapter (usually near the end. Although I end up resetting if I lose someone important to finishing a level anyways. :p

I'm just futzing around with the bonus box teams and getting support ranks up right now, before I press on. Trying to get Chrom and Sumia to S right now, they're already at A.

I don't use Lon Qu much but I wanted to level him up cause I want to pair him up with someone. I'm on Chapter 8 after 10 hours so maybe he'll be better when I get to your point.

I got Chrom and Sumia up to S right now and the proposal is just totally cute. Wondering if I should S out Stahl and Sully too. Getting all the supports for each cat though has to be the most tedious thing ever. I think I'm going to quit doing it and just pair up the cool pairings together.

I'm playing Normal/Casual and I'm having quite a bit of fun now that I have money to replace things that breaks. Game is just slightly overwhelming when it comes to pairing opportunities.

EDarkness

The marriage scene between the Avatar and
Lucina
was cool. Not sure how it all works in the flow of time or how the game will end, but I thought the scene was nice.

Lon Qu sucks...

lex-luthor-wrong1.jpg

EDarkness

Just so creepy for me. Like marrying your niece or something.

I kinda agree.
But there was only one other choice for my character and I wasn't sure how Morgan would turn out if I married her. At least Lucina is a straight up badass.
Too bad Anna doesn't produce a child. I liked her, too.

BD1

Banned
This game is SO good. Loving it.

I am slowly realizing I'm a pretty awful Fire Emblem player. But in a good way, I can see my progress in terms of strategy and really thinking and planning my moves.

Prax

I kinda agree.
But there was only one other choice for my character and I wasn't sure how Morgan would turn out if I married her. At least Lucina is a straight up badass.
Too bad Anna doesn't produce a child. I liked her, too.

But if you marry Anna, she has Morgan so.. she does get a child? xD
Just that Morgan would be an only child. But that's not so bad~!

I had a Lon'qu in my last playthrough that was decent, but both last time and this time (when he died), he ended up with shit Luck, which probably hurts him as he relies on dodging and criticals.

EDarkness

But if you marry Anna, she has Morgan so.. she does get a child? xD
Just that Morgan would be an only child. But that's not so bad~!

Oh. I read that Anna didn't have children so I ruled her out. I'm kind of confused how the whole children thing works. I wonder if my final choice in a bride would net a brother or sister for Morgan. Probably not. Heh, heh.

Oh. I read that Anna didn't have children so I ruled her out. I'm kind of confused how the whole children thing works. I wonder if my final choice in a bride would net a brother or sister for Morgan. Probably not. Heh, heh.

Would your wife have had a child anyways if she married someone else? If yes, Morgan will have a sibling, if not, she'll be an only child.

Prax

Two guys in the game will have kids no matter who they end up with:
Chrom --lol, do I even need to spoiler this?
and the male Avatar. So no matter who you hook up with, you will get a kid.
All girls in the first generation who can hook up with anyone else and not just the avatar will have another kid as well to be Morgan's sibling. If you want to marry any of the second generation characters, you'll only get the one kid, Morgan.

I seriously think my female Avatar will just end up with a nobody like Priam.. guuuh. I don't feel enough chemistry anywhere! I think with a male avatar, I'd at least have a good selection of brides.. maybe? >_>

Going through all the paralogues too early was a mistake. Now the story missions are so easy that I'm just using auto battle to get through them.
I just need to finish this and move onto lunatic, hard mode hasn't been challenging for a while.

Poyunch

Noooooo!!!! I married Olivia with the main character and
I was so looking forward to seeing Inigo. Then I saw his hair was ruined when he inherited my pink hair. My hair looks great but Inigo looks better with grey/brown hair.
Fuuuuck.

Going through all the paralogues too early was a mistake. Now the story missions are so easy that I'm just using auto battle to get through them.
I just need to finish this and move onto lunatic, hard mode hasn't been challenging for a while.

I'm only doing Paralogues and Story missions (no skirmishes, DLC, or Spotpass battles), and Lunatic is a significant jump up from Hard mode.

Noooooo!!!! I married Olivia with the main character and
I was so looking forward to seeing Inigo. Then I saw his hair was ruined when he inherited my pink hair. My hair looks great but Inigo looks better with grey/brown hair.
Fuuuuck.

I felt the same way about Severa with the grey hair she got from Virion.

Not even 4 chapters in and Sully can already use B level lances. Not used to being able to do that so early with normal cavaliers.

I'm having a great time with this.

NeonZ

Aww, why did the translation change for Donny and Cordelia's support?

I remember reading that in the JAP version the one told in the song was originally Caeda. Here it's told like it was just some nameless Pegasus Knight.

Though, I could be mistaken if Marth's title here was changed into Exalt instead of Hero King. Which would still be a downgrade as well.

She was never explicitly referenced as Caeda, even if it sounded like her. That whole conversation is odd too, in both the original and here, because Marth is never referenced as the first Exalt/Holy King aside from that one support, just Hero-King, but that conversation randomly implies that he was the first Exalt with the comments about the Pegasus Knight who sounds identical to Caeda. The supports seem like they originally were written by more than one person, and I think that's a contradiction that popped up due to that in the original text. It's not fault of the translation. Personally, I think t's better to think that the first Exalt just had a love interest similar to Caeda, rather than that the first Exalt was Marth considering how nothing else points to that idea.

Poyunch

About the Spotpass paralogues, are they available once you reach a certain point in the game? I don't know when so I can't spoil anything. But I keep reading about spotpass exclusive paralogues.

Anyone get them yet? Or has Nintendo even released them? Don't get it.

Mr. Fix

About the Spotpass paralogues, are they available once you reach a certain point in the game? I don't know when so I can't spoil anything. But I keep reading about spotpass exclusive paralogues.

Anyone get them yet? Or has Nintendo even released them? Don't get it.

They haven't released them yet. You can get them as soon as you finish the 2nd last chapter.

*None of the males have a unique Berserker sprite, why!?

Forkball

On Chapter 22. Not sure if I can get all the kids before the end unless I grind. Gaius dies in like one hit, it's so tough pairing him with Olivia. LibraXMiriel are at C and HenryXNowi are at B. Those are the only ones I have left.

NeonZ

On Chapter 22. Not sure if I can get all the kids before the end unless I grind. Gaius dies in like one hit, it's so tough pairing him with Olivia. LibraXMiriel are at C and HenryXNowi are at B. Those are the only ones I have left.

Why don't you use Bonus teams battles to build up support pairs? Just choose to fight against Florina's team. Or have you avoided that kind of thing completely so far?

Chrom

I'm hoping that the OST includes the version of the game's main theme that was used in the game's original debut trailer back in 2011; it's got one part that's different from the current one, I think. While I like the current one, I wish they'll bring the old one back, as I don't believe it's used in the final game unfortunately.

NeonZ

I just unlocked some Paralogues and played
Kjelle's
holy fuckballs, are they all this hard?! It spawned six-eight promoted units per turn!

Kjelle's actually is one of the easier ones, IMO. Not the easiest one (that's Owain's), but there are at least some unpromoted units there too. In some of the other
child
paralogues, there are only promoted enemies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom