• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT| Lord of the RNG

Status
Not open for further replies.

CSX

Finished the game. Loved it :)

Question about the ending

Chrom saying "it's over now" on the last cutscene implies he did find the avatar right? Someone told me it means that it implied all the events were a dream inception-style which implies Avatar can ultimately achieve the perfect ending.

Matchew

I think I messed up. I used 2 master seals on people already -- should I have done a second seal and waiting to use the master seals until later? I'm confused the game doesn't really explain well. First Fire Emblem I'm a little lost if I should level my units all the way to 20 or earlier?

I also found my gameboy micro with Fire Emblem 7 that I bought like 5 years ago and never got around to playing. Can't wait to dig into that after this one.

zroid

Banned
I had been a little befuddled with the change from Tiamo to Cordelia, but it just hit me in the head like a brick: the name Cordelia is derived from "heart". It's actually kind of perfect.

8-4 are gods!

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
I had been a little befuddled with the change from Tiamo to Cordelia, but it just hit me in the head like a brick: the name Cordelia is derived from "heart". It's actually kind of perfect.

8-4 are gods!

Ti amo also means "I love you"

scy

Hrm ... going over some of these inheritances, Gregor is pretty high demand to get Mercenary to people.

Goddamnit.

Korosenai

Strategy? Cuz when I pair him up with someone strong he still dies.
Just play the first dlc map and pair him up with someone fast or strong. I think I paired him up with either Chrom or Kellam. And he may die the first 2-3 times, but after that he will be able to live and hold out on his own.

Fuggit, Vaike will stay with Cherche as the original plan and I'll give Gregor to Lissa. I want crazy awesome forged unbreakable weapons on Owain.

Jachaos

Ok so Insane's insane. Downright impossible. I got the first two missions alright, beat them in the demo too, but the third mission's impossible. The Northroad one, with the bridge, and you get your whole team starting down in the middle of nowhere. Tried reaching the west woods, the mountain, rushing Fred towards a Fortress... it's impossible. Fred gets killed in 3 hits ! These guys have 26 ATK and I've barely even started. Hard was easy, kind of like Radiant Dawn's Normal and easier than Path of Radiance's Hard, but this is such a big step.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
When the mother gets galeforce. Seriously though, whenever you get a skill from both of the parents that you want to pass on.

This thread! It moves so dam quick sometimes.

Do i lose XP gain at level 20, regardless of whether or not i second seal or promote? I trying to figure out if i should grind at an unprompted or not depending on how much xp i stand to gain.

Drago

I must say, the free DLC is great for grinding levels. Got Sumia and Ricken up to speed with everyone else and my team is between lvls. 8-11 before Chapter 7.

And, to ask again...

Is there any way to get units that you missed the first time? Seems like I really missed out by not picking up Donnel (I would have gotten him killed if I tried to recruit him though :/ )

Mr. Fix

I must say, the free DLC is great for grinding levels. Got Sumia and Ricken up to speed with everyone else and my team is between lvls. 8-11 before Chapter 7.

Really good for getting through first tier classes.

That, and the support system are the only reasons why I actually use most of the characters. With the older games I've always stuck with a handful.

Is there any way to get units that you missed the first time? Seems like I really missed out by not picking up Donnel (I would have gotten him killed if I tried to recruit him though :/ )

If you finished the chapter, unfortunately no.

zroid

Banned
This thread! It moves so dam quick sometimes.

Do i lose XP gain at level 20, regardless of whether or not i second seal or promote? I trying to figure out if i should grind at an unprompted or not depending on how much xp i stand to gain.

I believe xp gain would be faster if you used a second seal, as your "current level" would be lower (1 instead of 21)

hao chi

Finished the game. Loved it :)

Question about the ending

Chrom saying "it's over now" on the last cutscene implies he did find the avatar right? Someone told me it means that it implied all the events were a dream inception-style which implies Avatar can ultimately achieve the perfect ending.

They did find the avatar, but personally I don't see anything in the ending being an indication that any of the events were a dream.

It's pretty odd but I have pretty much leveled up almost everyone I got so far in the game. In older games, some units would be lucky just to get some use in the chapter they arrive in and here I just have to train everyone due to the marriage system.

The only characters who aren't promoted or second sealed at some point are pretty much the DLC characters right now.

Drago

Really good for getting through first tier classes.

That, and the support system are the only reasons why I actually use most of the characters. With the older games I've always stuck with a handful.

Yeah, for me the units being grouped together really helps me with balancing my team around for both moving around the map and leveling units up equally, not to mention the stat boosts you get from it. It's a really nice feature.

Only units I haven't been using so far are Frederick, Virion, and Maribelle.

If you finished the chapter, unfortunately no.

Dammit. :/
Ah well, I have enough units to use as is

I believe xp gain would be faster if you used a second seal, as your "current level" would be lower (1 instead of 21)

I could have sworn i read some passing posts about an 'internal level' that actually determines xp. I am confused so that is why i asked. I'm curious to learn if there is an additional promoted pxp penalty in addition to the internal level.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Strategy? Cuz when I pair him up with someone strong he still dies.

Have him last him enemies. Set enemies up for him by wittling them down with stronger units, and then have him come in and deliver the last hit. It especially helps if you can do that for boss units, since they give a ton of EXP.

I'm on Chapter 16, and Donnel is basically my powerhouse. I put him out in the middle of the field with his wife (Tharja), and they wreck fools until it's time to go home.

I just promoted him to a Hero after getting him to lvl 20 Merc, and I can't wait to see him grow even stronger.

Why in the world is a Dark Knight unable to use Dark Magic.
What the heck, Tharja's useless now.

Sorcerer just seemed like the obvious choice for her.

ohlawd

40 hrs in, still chapter 14. I don't think ill have much issue with the other chapters though lol.

after hopping around every class.... it seems like asssassin is the best?

From what I can tell, Skill is way more important than every other stat due to most good skill rely on it for procing, and assassin's have the best skill I think.

holy crap I thought you beat the game already seeing as you have that beastly Morgan...
or wait, are you on your 2nd or 3rd playthrough?

I would probably be done with the game by now if I wasn't reading this thread. Instead I'm grinding my low class units for the purposes of procreation (nothing like screaming "Why aren't you guys fucking yet!" at your 3DS) and crying out in rage at the RNG for making my Henry a glass cannon.

The Henry/Maribelle support is pretty cute though, so I'll give it that.

zroid

Banned
I could have sworn i read some passing posts about an 'internal level' that actually determines xp. I am confused so that is why i asked. I'm curious to learn if there is an additional promoted pxp penalty in addition to the internal level.

No, you're right, but the internal level and the current level work in tandem. In either case, the internal level would be the same, but your current level would be much higher if promoted. So, faster xp with second seal.

edit: I guess I was slightly off :p but I had the gist down!

Busaiku

If I want to maximize the potential for the children, do I have to grind with the parents beforehand?
Or do they get the skills as the parents learn them too or something?

End game discussion (SPOILERS):

so...is the awakening in the title bit referring not to grima's resurrection but to the avatar? Like a link's awakening sort of situation? I felt like it was implying that

scy

Link to a post explaining it (with a link to another post also explaining it).

Promoting makes a unit Level 21 and then adds their Internal Level to it; using a Second Seal will take half their level-1 and increment their Internal Level by that much.

So if you Promote a unit:

Level 20 Base Class -> Level 1 Promoted Class
Internal Level = 0, no Second Seal used.

You'll have a Level 21 unit.

If you use a Second Seal:

Level 20 Base Class -> Level 1 Base Class
Internal Level = (20 - 1) / 2 = 9.5 => 9.

You'll have a Level 1 unit that is treated as a Level 10 Unit for EXP.

If I want to maximize the potential for the children, do I have to grind with the parents beforehand?
Or do they get the skills as the parents learn them too or something?

They'll get the skill in the last slot of their Parents so you're just inheriting the one skill.

Their base stats are determined by:

[(Child's Base Stats + Mother's Bonus Stats + Father's Bonus Stats) / 3] + Child's Class Base Stats

Their Stat Caps and Growths, however, are just determined by the Parents. The stats of the parents don't change these, just what stats they start at.

Busaiku

They'll get the skill in the last slot of their Parents so you're just inheriting the one skill.

[(Child's Base Stats + Mother's Bonus Stats + Father's Bonus Stats) / 3] + Child's Class Base Stats

Their Stat Caps and Growths, however, are just determined by the Parents. The stats of the parents don't change these, just what stats they start at.

But do they only get the skill when they appear?
Or can they still get skills if I keep leveling up the parents and getting new skills with them, after the child appeared?

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I didn't recruit any kids before endgame ._.
Actually I started another run before recruiting any too...
I feel like I am missing out.

Link to a post explaining it (with a link to another post also explaining it).

Promoting makes a unit Level 21 and then adds their Internal Level to it; using a Second Seal will take half their level-1 and increment their Internal Level by that much.

So if you Promote a unit:

Level 20 Base Class -> Level 1 Promoted Class
Internal Level = 0, no Second Seal used.

You'll have a Level 21 unit.

If you use a Second Seal:

Level 20 Base Class -> Level 1 Base Class
Internal Level = (20 - 1) / 2 = 9.5 => 9.

You'll have a Level 1 unit that is treated as a Level 10 Unit for EXP.

Thank you so much for this. Exactly what i needed to plan out my second playthrough. Sorry about the repetitious questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom