• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT| Lord of the RNG

Status
Not open for further replies.

scy

But do they only get the skill when they appear?
Or can they still get skills if I keep leveling up the parents and getting new skills with them, after the child appeared?

Oh! Sorry. You can keep grinding for skills. They're set when you actually start the Paralogue.

But do they only get the skill when they appear?
Or can they still get skills if I keep leveling up the parents and getting new skills with them, after the child appeared?

As long as you don't enter the paralogue you can take your time planning the kids' skills.

ohlawd

good stuff

dem posts.

although I have to ask for some clarification because I'm dumb.

Lord 20 -> Great Lord 1
Internal Level = 0, No Second Seal was used.
Actual Level = Current Level + Internal Level = 21 + 0 = 21.

Great Lord 20 -> Mercenary 1
Internal Level = (40 - 1) / 2 = 19.
Actual Level = 1 + 19 = 20.

Mercenary 20 -> Hero 1
Internal Level = 19
Actual Level = 21 + 19 = 40.

Hero 20 -> Myrmidon 1
Internal Level* = 19 + (40 - 1) / 2 = 19 + 19 = 38.
Actual Level = 1 + 38 = 39.

Where'd the other 19 come from? Is it because you've already used a Second Seal once when reclassing from a lvl 20 Great Lord to Mercenary?

first, as you can see, I've been preoccupied.

geez, I swear your Morgan can solo your game 'til the end.

As long as you don't enter the paralogue you can take your time planning the kids' skills.

well nah, you can enter the Paralogue (the preparation screen) but you're still good because you can back out. You're done once you start the Paralogue.
Just wording, I guess.

scy

"NOT ONE STEP CLOSER, FOUL NETHER CREATURE!"

Frederick x Panne, OTP.

Where'd the other 19 come from? Is it because you've already used a Second Seal once when reclassing from a lvl 20 Great Lord to Mercenary?

Yeah. Internal Level is never reset so it remembers all the previous times you've used a Second Seal.

For instance, the example I posted, if you took that Myrmidon to a Level 20 Swordmaster and then reclassed to a Level 1 Base Class, you'd then have:

19 (from Great Lord -> Mercenary) + 19 (from Hero -> Myrmidon) + 19 (from Swordmaster -> other Base Class) = +57. Of course, this value is capped to +20 (Normal), +30 (Hard), or +50 (Lunatic) but ... still.

zroid

Banned
Great Lord 20 -> Mercenary 1
Actual Level = 1 + 19 = 20.

Actually, about this, I was under the impression using a second seal on a 10+ promoted unit turns you into a lv 1 promoted class. Or can you choose to change to a non-promoted class if you wish?

Busaiku

Hmm, I dunno if I wanna wait that long then.
I'd basically only be using them for like the last few chapters or something...

Bah, what to do...

scy

Actually, about this, I was under the impression using a second seal on a 10+ promoted unit turns you into a lv 1 promoted class. Or can you choose to change to a non-promoted class if you wish?

At Level 10+ Promoted, you can choose any single class they have access to. It doesn't change anything, though:

Great Lord 20 -> Hero 1
Actual Level = 1 + 20 + 19 = 40.

Hmm, I dunno if I wanna wait that long then.
I'd basically only be using them for like the last few chapters or something...

Bah, what to do...

Just get them now then. There's no need to min-max, the best skills aren't essential and the children units are great even without them. And much of the time they will be able to grab those skills themselves later.

zroid

Banned
At Level 10+ Promoted, you can choose any single class they have access to. It doesn't change anything, though:

Great Lord 20 -> Hero 1
Actual Level = 1 + 20 + 19 = 40.

Ahh, I see. Alright.

I've been thinking that you had to use two second seals to go to a base class from a 10+ promoted class, lol. Awfully inefficient.

ohlawd

Yeah. Internal Level is never reset so it remembers all the previous times you've used a Second Seal.

For instance, the example I posted, if you took that Myrmidon to a Level 20 Swordmaster and then reclassed to a Level 1 Base Class, you'd then have:

19 (from Great Lord -> Mercenary) + 19 (from Hero -> Myrmidon) + 19 (from Swordmaster -> other Base Class) = +57. Of course, this value is capped to +20 (Normal), +30 (Hard), or +50 (Lunatic) but ... still.

Beautiful. My beard would like to thank you.

scy

Is there a list of skills that can't be learned by the children on their own?

It depends entirely on the parents.

Edit: Though I guess there's the whole Galeforce has to be passed down to the male children, Counter for the female children.

Somehow that's a fair trade off.

Aww, why did the translation change for Donny and Cordelia's support?

I remember reading that in the JAP version the one told in the song was originally Caeda. Here it's told like it was just some nameless Pegasus Knight.

Though, I could be mistaken if Marth's title here was changed into Exalt instead of Hero King. Which would still be a downgrade as well.

scy

Man, some of these A-Rank supports are just a constant barrage of "Man, we're such good friends. So friends. Friendsssssss."

Scy, wouldn't that mean that Lunatic is better for exp gain since the cap is at 50? I thought we'd be gimped for it.

It's +20/+30/+50 to your Level for your EXP Calculations. The lower the better. A Level 1 unit earns more EXP than a Level 51 unit.

zroid

Banned
Scy, wouldn't that mean that Lunatic is better for exp gain since the cap is at 50? I thought we'd be gimped for it.

No, I think it means in Lunatic the highest possible level for exp calculations is even higher, so it can potentially be yet more difficult to earn exp with repeated reclassings.

hao chi

End game discussion (SPOILERS):

so...is the awakening in the title bit referring not to grima's resurrection but to the avatar? Like a link's awakening sort of situation? I felt like it was implying that

I thought it was just referring to the awakening Chrom performed with Naga and the Fire Emblem, but it could be that as well.

Everyone in this thread is more interested in discussing marriages and babies than anything story related. :p

I didn't recruit any kids before endgame ._.
Actually I started another run before recruiting any too...
I feel like I am missing out.

I feel like I'm not gonna recruit any kids anytime soon due to all the grinding I have to do to get the skill I want to pass down to them.
Hurry up and release the easy grinding DLC, Nintendo.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Yeah the number doesn't describe how high your level cap is, it describes how high the game will handicap your EXP growth as you level up and reclass.

(Without reclassing, your max level is 40 for most units based on their default class, assuming they have an advanced class for that class path. 20/20. 30 for classes like villager that don't promote.)

It sounds to me like that as long as you plan to continue reclassing, there's litttle point in going past level 15 in any class (base or advanced).

Only once you have the skills you need, or are on your last class path, should you level up to 20 before promoting.

john tv

Aww, why did the translation change for Donny and Cordelia's support?

I remember reading that in the JAP version the one told in the song was originally Caeda. Here it's told like it was just some nameless Pegasus Knight.

Though, I could be mistaken if Marth's title here was changed into Exalt instead of Hero King. Which would still be a downgrade as well.
Actually, it's faithful to the JP -- they use exalt there as well, and they never explicitly mention Caeda. Not going to attempt to read into what any of that might mean (probably nothing), but that is what it says. :)

Mr. Fix

I did like Cain and Abel being mentioned in Stahl's support convos. Apparently they're bosses. Too bad they never really worked out for me.

Man, some of these A-Rank supports are just a constant barrage of "Man, we're such good friends. So friends. Friendsssssss."

It's +20/+30/+50 to your Level for your EXP Calculations. The lower the better. A Level 1 unit earns more EXP than a Level 51 unit.

No, I think it means in Lunatic the highest possible level for exp calculations is even higher, so it can potentially be yet more difficult to earn exp with repeated reclassings.

Ah, got it. Thanks, brehs.

It sounds to me like that as long as you plan to continue reclassing, there's litttle point in going past level 15 in any class (base or advanced).

Only once you have the skills you need, or are on your last class path, should you level up to 20 before promoting.

Well if you are planning to only reclass as a promoted unit, you are welcomed to squeeze out some level gains as a basic class up to level 20 since you'll still end up receiving the same amount of internal level gains even if you promoted at level 10, 15 or 20.

ohlawd

A friend wanted this, but I'll post it here as well for people with the thirst to grind there characters to become gods :p

A 3 min tutorial on how to break this game.... quickly.

dat voice.

if you haven't already, you should set game speed to fast and movement to analog instead of digital.

Jachaos

Seriously, anyone have a strategy for Chapter 2 on Insane ? I can't do it. I manage to clear up the first part of the map but then they wait for me to cross the bridge and then rush me with about 8 overpowered units.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Lol, Old Hubba is the best character in the game...just played the second DLC Map.

(paraphrasing)
Hubba: She found them in the ancient hiding place passed down by my ancestors...
Chrom: Ah! Surely she used some sort of cunning dark magic to divulge their location!
Hubba: I told her.

Do you ever get to recruit Hubba? Because that would be the greatest.

dat voice.

if you haven't already, you should set game speed to fast and movement to analog instead of digital.
Eh I like my combat animation in real time :S

And movement is on analog, but I have a hard time doing that with my right hand while holding my phone with my left lol.

Jachaos

Lol, Old Hubba is the best character in the game...just played the second DLC Map.

(paraphrasing)
Hubba: She found them in the ancient hiding place passed down by my ancestors...
Chrom: Ah! Surely she used some sort of cunning dark magic to divulge their location!
Hubba: I told her.

Do you ever get to recruit Hubba? Because that would be the greatest.

The change in his face and the little smile he makes when saying that. More Hubba !

Esura

Banned
20 is the recommended level to promote right? I got most of my units above level 10 right now except for Lon Qu, Don, Maribelle, and Ricken. Lon Qu sucks...

So one of the few chapters on Hard that gave me problems was Chapter 12. I am now trying Chapter 12 on Lunatic. I am completely befuddled.

hao chi

20 is the recommended level to promote right? I got most of my units above level 10 right now except for Lon Qu, Don, Maribelle, and Ricken. Lon Qu sucks...

I liked Lon'Qu, even if I tended to often overlook him in favor of Chrom and Lucina. Still, he was pretty useful for me.

Actually, it's faithful to the JP -- they use exalt there as well, and they never explicitly mention Caeda. Not going to attempt to read into what any of that might mean (probably nothing), but that is what it says. :)

Ah well.

Thanks for the info!

I did like Cain and Abel being mentioned in Stahl's support convos. Apparently they're bosses. Too bad they never really worked out for me.

Same for me.

When I had to decide who to let die in 11, those two were the first to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom