• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT| Lord of the RNG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Midou

Is it wrong to say I zergged most of the Paralouges on my first try >_>. Then again Ive been grinding units up.

Yeah I thought they were gonna be a lot harder, but after grinding for supports and such, it wasn't too bad. The initial shock of the enemies being way higher level than the story ones at that point made me think it would be harder, but then I realized the levels of my own characters..

And yeah Counter is kind of a pain..

Lum1n3s

Hooray I managed to find the game at a far away Wal-Mart. Had to drive 15 miles just to get there and it was in like an rural area. Picked up the only two copies that were there, one for my girlfriend and I. Game is good so far glad I went the distance to pick it up =D.

I finished my hard/classic run yesterday at about 43 hours (with 60 on the Activity Log, lol). Wow, what a game.

Chapter 25 created a new tale of woe for me, as I saw Owain go down towards the very end of the fight. He was standing in the mountains (+2 to DEF, +20% avoid) surrounded by 8 enemies who were all attacking him with ranged attacks, but not a single one of them had more than a 0% chance of hitting him. I slowly made my way around the group taking them out one at a time until I decided to attack a bow wielding Warrior. Unfortunately, since he had a bow equipped I completely let my guard down and didn't realize that he had the Counter skill. I think the rest is pretty easy to figure out...

I wasn't very happy with how Chapter 25 turned out for me in general, honestly. I also lost my married pair of Gaius (Assassin) and Tharja (Dark Mage) which was quite disheartening. Normally I would have restarted after so many key deaths but I decided to make their sacrifices worth something and just finish it off.

Busaiku

The Paralogue enemy levels aren't that much higher than the story ones, from what I'm seeing.
Most of the ones in Kjelle's are only like level 19 or so.

Chapter 14 was mostly level 18 people.

Midou

The Paralogue enemy levels aren't that much higher than the story ones, from what I'm seeing.
Most of the ones in Kjelle's are only like level 19 or so.

Chapter 14 was mostly level 18 people.

Some of them have level 8-10 promoted enemies with forged silver weapons, those are a bit tougher.

I really love how the Paralogues feel like interesting and unique missions. IS probably could have gotten away with reusing some templates for them but instead they went all out and made each one feel distinctive and memorable. Some of them look absolutely stunning in 3D too.

Mr. Fix

I really love how the Paralogues feel like interesting and unique missions. IS probably could have gotten away with reusing some templates for them but instead they went all out and made each one feel distinctive and memorable. Some of them look absolutely stunning in 3D too.

Paralogue 17 is a treat to see with its luscious greens.

Midou

Meanwhile, the DLC levels are really lame.
At least the 2 thus far.

I get they are the first ones and stuff, and at least the free one gives you marth with a proper model, but the 2nd one doesn't feel like it's worth more than like $1. The fact it's like $2.50 by itself is crazy. Especially because it's the same map as the first DLC so all they really added was a bit of text and imported existing portraits.

I hear later DLCs are a lot better, but as is always the problem, unless it downscaled my characters or something, I suspect my end-game party will power through them. I know some DLCs are meant to be crazy hard with enemies that have insanely high stats, but I doubt those will come out anytime soon.

Yeah, since IS cut out "defend" and "escape" stages, I'm glad the paralogues at least featured some nods in the direction of mission diversity. I thought Yarne's stage had a fun concept.

I get they are the first ones and stuff, and at least the free one gives you marth with a proper model, but the 2nd one doesn't feel like it's worth more than like $1. The fact it's like $2.50 by itself is crazy. Especially because it's the same map as the first DLC so all they really added was a bit of text and imported existing portraits.

I hear later DLCs are a lot better, but as is always the problem, unless it downscaled my characters or something, I suspect my end-game party will power through them. I know some DLCs are meant to be crazy hard with enemies that have insanely high stats, but I doubt those will come out anytime soon.

The DLC schedule is unfortunate. By the time most of it comes out I won't care. I guess it will be good for future replays, but that's not exactly something that gets me excited to open my wallet.

McNum

And Europe has a release date now. Coming out April 19th. NoE says they're sorry about the delay. Also in Europe, and only in Europe, Fire Emblem Awakening 3DS XL bundle. Like the US 3DS bundle, except a blue XL with the sword and dragons emblem on it.

I think I'll just get the game, but you know, nice of them.

Mr. Fix

My understanding was there is a new 6 dollar bundle going up today with the gold mission DLC which likely includes the next full "wave".

Either my eyes were playing tricks on me, but I thought the description mentioned the EXP map as well. I'm sure they'd include those 2 + the legendary weapons one in a bundle.

GeekyDad

Meanwhile, the DLC levels are really lame.
At least the 2 thus far.

The first one was good...until you play it a million times.

Yeah, and I can't see bothering with it. I'm guessing I'm gonna be passing on a lot of the DLC maps. I really just want new stuff -- new characters and maps. A buck a piece would have been more appropriate pricing, I believe.

Euirope's bundle
proxy.jpg

Mr. Fix

I just checked the Direct video on YT, the new bundle has The Golden Gaffe, EXPonential Growth, and Infinite Regalia for 6 bucks. That's probably it.

So the extra long wait was so Europe could get an XL in their bundle I guess.

A pretty good trade for anyone who still needs a 3ds XL really, I would have taken the wait for the game if it meant that XL model was available when I bought my XL at launch.

I would even be tempted to go through the trouble of trying to sell my current XL to buy that model if it was coming out in the US.

Mr. Fix

So when does the new pack go up? I was waiting on the EXP DLc to really start grinding chars up.

Usually at noon.

I don't think we're getting the exp map until next week. They only mentioned 2 today, with the other one being the money farming one.

Mupod

What's this about money farming DLC? Would be nice considering I'm on Lunatic and flat broke. But at least my avatar is a mean-ass dark flier who can solo dlc map 2 without wasting more than 3-4 charges of an iron lance.

Mr. Fix

What's this about money farming DLC? Would be nice considering I'm on Lunatic and flat broke. But at least my avatar is a mean-ass dark flier who can solo dlc map 2 without wasting more than 3-4 charges of an iron lance.

This

Enemies run down a map and you hunt those bullions down.

Chrom

I don't understand the DLC news. I know CoY3's out today, and something else? Is the bundle being released first like the Champions Pack or what?

Mr. Fix

I don't understand the DLC news. I know CoY3's out today, and something else? Is the bundle being released first like the Champions Pack or what?

Yeah, the money farming DLC is out today too. They're also letting us buy the new bundle ($, exp, divine weapons) much like the CoY.

Chrom

Yeah, the money farming DLC is out today too. They're also letting us buy the new bundle ($, exp, divine weapons) much like the CoY.

Ah, okay. Any word on name/price of the new bundle? I watched the Direct but I can't remember anything from it, haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom