• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT| Lord of the RNG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrom

Yay~~ I can finally post this!

I don't care if you are a prepromote, Frederick. I think you are useful and cool anyway. Q___Q
Lissa's currently the highest level non-prepromote among us right now. >_> All that heal abuse...

Great art!

Roto13

GUTTED

k0SG8gO.jpg

But I said I'd marry the manliest woman in the game and it's probably going to happen.

xmxgOUh.jpg

Roto13

Wait, you can marry characters, so long as the other one likes you?

Well I assume my Avatar character is going to grow to love Sully if I make it happen. Which I will, because who cares what he wants? He'll marry a lumberjack and he'll like it.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!

So how exactly does it work here, that one character loves the other, but the other hates them? In previous games the relationship was just a single variable, right? But now do certain characters hate or like other ones more or less by default, and it takes longer to build up the relationship, but just on the one side, or WHAT??!

Lusankya

So how exactly does it work here, that one character loves the other, but the other hates them? In previous games the relationship was just a single variable, right? But now do certain characters hate or like other ones more or less by default, and it takes longer to build up the relationship, but just on the one side, or WHAT??!

This is just for fun and has no effect on gameplay whatsoever.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Oh yeah, do the avatar default name choices change with its appearance?
Or is it always Robin and whatever the female is?

You can name your character whatever. As long as it is within 8 characters.

Default for the male would seem to be Robin. Ergo no random change.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Is it possible to make your created character dark skinned? Not being white myself, it would definitely be a boon for me.

Mupod

I usually go with Mu in games where I can make my name that short, so I find it funny when people refer to 'My Unit' as the MU when talking about the game.

Wish there had been character creation in the demo so that I wouldn't end up spending ages perfecting him before I start the game. Although I guess it's not all that extensive so it shouldn't take long.

iavi

Is it possible to make your created character dark skinned? Not being white myself, it would definitely be a boon for me.

I was actually looking through the avatar portraits last night hoping for the same thing.

Nope :(

While doing so, I also spoiled myself on a large part of the game. Stay away from Wikia, everyone

Socreges

Banned
Bah, that sucks. Not sure why this isn't standard in character creators. Suck for those of us who don't have any desire to pretend we're a white person.
I feel like Japanese developers would generally be less sensitive to issues like these.

Fire Emblem isn't terribly diverse as far as race is concerned. They have maps where people from different regions hardly know of one another. Yet they're almost always white.

Sometimes they're furries.

Roto13

Bah, that sucks. Not sure why this isn't standard in character creators. Suck for those of us who don't have any desire to pretend we're a white person.

Character creation in this game is very limited and it's pointless to try to insert yourself into the game no matter how white you are or aren't.

Roman

I feel like Japanese developers would generally be less sensitive to issues like these.

Fire Emblem isn't terribly diverse as far as race is concerned. They have maps where people from different regions hardly know of one another. Yet they're almost always white.

Sometimes they're furries.

Well there was Devdan and Danved who definitely wasn't Devdan.

And Basilio and Flavia in this game. Also obviously Japanese characters.

Maybe we'll see some other settings in future games.

Baby steps.

But yeah the character creation in this is very limited either way.

Frolow

Banned

"Wants to snuggle" I laughed.

Also, is it worth it to get a complete understand on how stats are calculated for just hard mode run? I have a basic understanding of what each stat does and such, but if you asked me to run the numbers before a battle I wouldn't be able to do it.

Speaking of Avatar names, someone should try naming their Avatar "Chrom" to see if he still says the whole "_____, is that foreign?" when you introduce yourself.

Mr. Fix

Has anyone started to download the SpotPass content yet? It's available now.

SpotPass team: FE7
Dual Tag challengers: Virion's Archest and Lon'qu's Blades

How do I download the spotpass data? I've tried closing and opening my 3DS while the game was on but it didn't work.

*Oh, Bonus Box. Figures. Thanks for the notification, Yoshi.

McNum

How do I download the spotpass data? I've tried closing and opening my 3DS while the game was on but it didn't work.
Don't you just exit the game and leave it in sleep mode for a while? It'll download while you're doing something else. I think SpotPass is polite enough to assume you want the bandwidth for your own purposes when having a game or app running.

Mr. Fix

Don't you just exit the game and leave it in sleep mode for a while? It'll download while you're doing something else. I think SpotPass is polite enough to assume you want the bandwidth for your own purposes when having a game or app running.

I thought it was, but you need to check the bonus box under the Wireless option.

Also Eliwood is a level 20 Paladin. I ain't havin' that right now!

Just throwing this out there, but if anyone has a legit copy of Fire Emblem (7) GBA that they're willing to part with for a decent amount, please PM me.

I should drop this in the Buy/Sell/Trade thread too...

Joule

I thought it was, but you need to check the bonus box under the Wireless option.

Also Eliwood is a level 20 Paladin. I ain't havin' that right now!

I didn't get anything when I checked earlier but I just got it now. Hector as a level 20 General!

Playing through Sacred Stones right now (my first FE game) and I was wondering if it was possible to, when viewing a unit's attributes/info, select between their weapons to see the stats that each weapon has?

Playing through Sacred Stones right now (my first FE game) and I was wondering if it was possible to, when viewing a unit's attributes/info, select between their weapons to see the stats that each weapon has?

Pressing R should do the trick.

Pressing R pretty much on any info stuff will provide more information such as what each stat does, small info about each class, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom