• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT| Lord of the RNG

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just swapped my C4 8GB for a C10 32GB in preparation for this game... And placebo effect be damned, it seemed like my icons loaded up faster. With like 50 of these suckers that's nice haha.

Just stalling for time... One more hour... AND TEN MINUTES *throws monitor out window*

For people thinking about doing Casual, my girlfriend has been playing FE for two days and says that it would be a shame and a loss of the experience to play it in any way other than perma death. So keep that in mind...

Velcro Fly

man i'm hoping i can get this tomorrow. i'm not counting on it though but man would it be nice to get the game to cheer me up after that stupid football game

So I was big on Shining Force back in the day and I'm thinking of getting back into the genre with this one. I have just one question.

Does permadeath affect the story/character interactions in Fire Emblem games? Will it be different depending on who dies where? Shining Force always played like what seems to be casual mode so you'd just res them at the inn and every character still had their part of the story.

Symphonic

So what's the word on the Best Buy preorders? They said it was backordered but then said nevermind it's all on schedule, but they gave me my money back.

Hale-XF11

11 CST for me, which means that if it takes about roughly an hour to download, I'll stick get in a good amount of play time before I call it a night.

Chrom

So I was big on Shining Force back in the day and I'm thinking of getting back into the genre with this one. I have just one question.

Does permadeath affect the story/character interactions in Fire Emblem games? Will it be different depending on who dies where? Shining Force always played like what seems to be casual mode so you'd just res them at the inn and every character still had their part of the story.

Not the main story. Since most of the playable characters get almost no spotlight after their joining, their deaths don't mean much in the grand scheme of things because they usually aren't important. Of course, it does heavily affect opportunity for dialogue if not entire characters joining your group if you don't have the right ones on you. All of characters make the game, but only a few actually make the real story.

For those that have played it already, how's the overall story/characters? I love Fire Emblem stories and characters, and if it's anywhere close to FE7, 9 and 10, I'll be happy.

Gestahl

For those that have played it already, how's the overall story/characters? I love Fire Emblem stories and characters, and if it's anywhere close to FE7, 9 and 10, I'll be happy.

I'm at chapter 17 and so far the story's been pretty half-baked. Like, a minor character saunters in at the end of the first arc and goes
"oh by the way on this continent you've never heard of there's a massive continent-spanning empire you've also never heard of and oh they're coming to push our shit in. Thought I should let you know!"
It's like there's 3 or 4 different plotlines that could make whole games that they're just smashing together and rushing through.

CronoShot

Despite me preordering the bundle, I'm tempted to DL at midnight on the eshop for the lulz (and the fact that I probably won't get it tomorrow).

Each and every one of the DLC maps have their own individual difficulty level, which is then scaled according to your file's difficulty level, with the exception of the absolute final DLC. They're played within your file akin to sidequest chapters.

You need to finish Chapter 4 to access the Outrealm Gate (where you purchase the DLC), but there's no prerequisite for needing to reach a certain point in the story to play any DLC released.

Ok. Thanks. So if I'm up to Chapter 15, I'm probably going to be overpowered for the early DLC chapters.

TWILT

Banned

Story is overall quite enjoyable/interesting. If you enjoyed previous FE stories, I'm pretty sure you'll like this one.

Love the characters in this game; think this might be my favorite FE playable cast. Don't think I disliked any characters in the game (though I can't say the same for FE10 for example).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom