• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT| Lord of the RNG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Donnel x Nowi seems super popular. That's what I did as well.

Too bad there's no extra scene with Chrom about the awkward situation I've placed us in by marrying
his daughter from the future, and now have his even more future granddaughter on the team.

I'm going to rush through the rest of the game to the end so I can start over on a harder difficulty since a paired up Donnel x Nowi or my Avatar x anyone have become unstoppable.

Glad people like it. On a related note:

IMG_20130203_214000_374.jpg

2 hours, 15 minutes, and I've got everything arranged nice and neat, just waiting for it... GET HERE FASTER DAMMIT!

Yes I have both versions of Cave Story.

OryoN

What a fun demo. Never played this series. Awakening will be my first game in the series. Here's to it's success in the west.

Same here. I have always heard good things about the series, but I'm usually a bit apprehensive when showing up late to long-running series. Fearing I may not understand/enjoy the subtle things that those familiar with the series do. I'm hearing this game aims to break newcomers into the series with great care, and like others said; that demo was outstanding! So I'll likely buy it on eshop later(if I have enough space).

Really wish you could digitally pre-order and load in advance, since I know it's going to take forever to download based off of previous experiences.

Same here. I have always heard good things about the series, but I'm usually a bit apprehensive when showing up late to long-running series. Fearing I may not understand/enjoy the subtle things that those familiar with the series do. I'm hearing this game aims to break newcomers into the series with great care, and like others said; that demo was outstanding! So I'll likely buy it on eshop later(if I have enough space).

I've gotten my girlfriend into Fire Emblem 8 so far in anticipation, and outside of showing her some tips and tricks to save her a bit of frustration, she's doing pretty okay. It's a game heavily laced with nuance, but normal difficulties shouldn't be so hard as to be just plain frustrating.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Goddamnit the wait is killing me!

2 hours, 15 minutes, and I've got everything arranged nice and neat, just waiting for it... GET HERE FASTER DAMMIT!

Wait, CS has two versions in 3DS?

One is an up scaled DSi ware title of the original game and the other is a port of Cave Story+ that uses 3D models.

Actually, you're talking about Cave Story 3D. Cave Story+ (eShop) is pure 2D models, but has stereoscopic backgrounding. Really cool, honestly.

Although I do also have Cave Story 3D! Easily the worst version... Mainly because the controls feel off being 2.5D and all...

papercamm

Actually, you're talking about Cave Story 3D. Cave Story+ (eShop) is pure 2D models, but has stereoscopic backgrounding. Really cool, honestly.

Although I do also have Cave Story 3D! Easily the worst version... Mainly because the controls feel off being 2.5D and all...
That's what I said isn't it? But we're getting off topic. I've been playing sacred stones recently, and does Awakening make improvements to the dark magic system? Those units seemed fairly poor compared to the other mages.

Chrom

That's what I said isn't it? But we're getting off topic. I've been playing sacred stones recently, and does Awakening make improvements to the dark magic system? Those units seemed fairly poor compared to the other mages.

The way magic works in this game is that it's all elements grouped together in one, like in Shadow Dragon. You've got your fire, wind, and thunder tomes, but anyone who can use magic can use them. Dark magic is only usable by Dark Mages and those related classes, who can also use the normal magic. No Light magic. No Trinity of Magic.

It sounded like you were talking about Cave Story 3D (which is retail only) and Cave Story DSiWare, and not Cave Story eShop and Cave Story DSiWare.

Eh, not terribly important.

I don't know if Dark magic is "fixed" per se, but now it's an addition to normal magic, like in the DS iterations. IE; dark magic users can use the traditionally "anima" magic and a subset of dark magic, whereas most can only use Anima.
There are a few people that have the capability of using Dark magic without being a dark magic using class, but that's basically just Micaiaha and one other person.

I guess the biggest improvement for dark magic is that since they removed weapon weight, so your dark mages aren't weighed down by them heavy dark magic tomes.

Why haven't you completed any? I'm curious.

Not sure to be hoenst. I enjoy turn based strategy games, but I always hit a wall around 10 hours in. Same thing's happened in XCOM, Tactics Ogre for the GBA, Final Fantasy Tactics, and all of the Fire Emblems. I'll get really into them, then put the game down and never return to it.

I'm going to try and beat this as part of the Four in February, so I'm hoping it'll be an extra incentive to not put the game down, which is kind of the death sentence.

ohlawd

Not sure to be hoenst. I enjoy turn based strategy games, but I always hit a wall around 10 hours in. Same thing's happened in XCOM, Tactics Ogre for the GBA, Final Fantasy Tactics, and all of the Fire Emblems. I'll get really into them, then put the game down and never return to it.

I'm going to try and beat this as part of the Four in February, so I'm hoping it'll be an extra incentive to not put the game down, which is kind of the death sentence.

Sounds like you have a serious case of Can'tFinishTurnBasedStrategyGames disease.
No matter what it takes, I really hope you beat this super good super amazing game.

Dude... where are your folders?

I had folders... Then I realized it was most glorious to display all of my games in their truest form!

Also, the only reason it's set at that exact zoom distance is because the Mutant Mudds icon gets blurry on anything else but that and full size. :X It'd be zoomed out further otherwise.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Aw, screw it. Will buy both physical and eShop versions. I would cancel my physical and get eShop only, but I have a feeling the game will be kinda rare in the future like the past titles.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Aw, screw it. Will buy both physical and eShop versions. I would cancel my physical and get eShop only, but I have a feeling the game will be kinda rare in the future like the past titles.

I'll probably end up buying the digital copy later, for more save slots. And because I love it.

Hoarr

Neo Member

So, what's the maximum SD card size the 3DS will allow? I might just start downloading all future titles from this point on...

So, what's the maximum SD card size the 3DS will allow? I might just start downloading all future titles from this point on...

I do believe I have a 32GB in here... lemme check...

Oh, 8GB. But I'm pretty sure it's full SDHC, so it should go at least to 32, if not 64 and higher.

Speaking of which, I might transfer SD cards soon. Whoo space!

And it's Class 4! This is outrageous given I have a 32GB C10 that's sitting around!

The whore in me feels compelled to do the same thing. Really badly.

I'll probably end up buying the digital copy later, for more save slots. And because I love it.

Yup, downloading the eShop version as soon as it available. Then I'll either "keep" the Gamefly copy that'll be sent to me or pickup my paid off preorder and keep it sealed. Hmm...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom