• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT2| PAL reinforcements

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
You pretty much can't go wrong with reclassing.

You can go hilariously wrong with S-ranks though.

Sully x Frederick. Olivia x Gregor.

Both give the kids 0 additional classes. And yet Inigo will still manage to be awesome due to good cap mods and good classes he gets regardless. Probably second only to Severa in terms of how good their guaranteed classes are. But having Cordelia as a mom just isn't fair.

The AI doesn't play to win. It plays to make you lose. Also making AI avoid attacks where they have 0% to make damage would make the game extremely frustrating..

I'll have to play on Lunatic next time. It just seems absurd that I can drop a strong unit near a clutch of enemies and watch them all commit suicide by attacking them. Maybe if they waited until I approached so that several units could attack in succession for example. Running would be annoying of course but the lack of care towards self preservation seems odd.

LuuKyK

Finally got all the 2nd gen characters. Ended it with Miriels son. Kinda boring really. My favorites were Noire, Severa, Owain and Nah.

I'll have to play on Lunatic next time. It just seems absurd that I can drop a strong unit near a clutch of enemies and watch them all commit suicide by attacking them. Maybe if they waited until I approached so that several units could attack in succession for example. Running would be annoying of course but the lack of care towards self preservation seems odd.

It's mostly due to the fact that the enemies have the numbers and you don't. If they lose an unit, they got 5 more generic ones just waiting. If you lose one, well there goes your unique unit.

Sadist

Second playthrough

Chrom x Olivia
Tactician x Lissa
Frederick x Sully
Virion x Maribelle
Donnel x Nowi
Lon'qu x Miriel (killer combo these two)
Vaike x Cordelia
Sumia x Gaius

Haha, what a weird bunch. Love it. I'm thinking Tharja x Ricken :p

I feel like I've ran into a brick wall on hard mode at chapter 5, simply can't do anything.

I've had nothing but awful level ups from the start, the avatar in particular hasn't gained a single point in magic and has only got 1 increased stat on the last two levels. Now all of my units are too weak to take on chapter 5, Donnel's paralogue, DLC or any Risen encounters on the map.

Oxx

Exp map has allowed me to go through my supply of master seals. And I had a fat stack of them too. I should really get back to the main game.

Busaiku

I feel like I've ran into a brick wall on hard mode at chapter 5, simply can't do anything.

I've had nothing but awful level ups from the start, the avatar in particular hasn't gained a single point in magic and has only got 1 increased stat on the last two levels. Now all of my units are too weak to take on chapter 5, Donnel's paralogue, DLC or any Risen encounters on the map.

Did you get EXPonential Growth?
Start grinding!

I'm already at chapter 14. Damn, I can buy all the master seals with my golden Gaf funds.

Must. Not. Level. Entire. Roster.

Get past Chapter 16 and then Second Seals become available (unless you married off some characters and finished their paralogues)! Then, the real fun (grind) can start!

I don't understand the games AI. If its playing to make me lose then enemy with Rexcalibur misses a free shot at Panne as Wryvern lord to attack Chrom...at point blank. The enemy could have attacked Chrom at range too...

Yeah I know Chrom/My Unit are priority targets but I was really scratching my head after that (I noticed on the player phase and was like...better hope Panne has been dodging loads like she has been).

Edit: The only thing I haved noticed is sometimes it has mercy and acts out of unit order if it can get a kill. e.g. a flying unit can kill Olivia but would normally go last in the turn instead will be the first thing to move.

Glorious Anna in her glorious bikini.
It would have been great if she kept the same right index finger on mouth pose during battle.

I haven't bought that one yet. Is it possible for low level units with horrid stats to gain levels from that mission? If so I'll buy it.

Yes, but you'll have to pick your fights wisely. Though, once you gain a few levels from it, you'll start steamrolling enemies there and in extent the rest of the game.

Draxal

Second playthrough

Chrom x Olivia
Tactician x Lissa
Frederick x Sully
Virion x Maribelle
Donnel x Nowi
Lon'qu x Miriel (killer combo these two)
Vaike x Cordelia
Sumia x Gaius

Haha, what a weird bunch. Love it. I'm thinking Tharja x Ricken :p

Miriel/Lon'Qu is my favorite unconventional combo in the game.

GC|Simon

I got a couple of kids in the meanwhile:
- Severa (Cordelia x Frederick)
- Lucina (Sumia x Chrom)
- Owain (Lissa x Virion)
- Noire (Tharja x Kellam)
- Linfan (Anna x Avatar)

--> My team is getting bigger and bigger. I have a lot of powerful units and I cannot use all of them in battle. Would you recommend to rotate? Or should I try replace the parents by their kids? I'm not so sure about this because most of the kids fight with swords.

ohlawd

Don't bother. Replace most of your 1st gen characters.

The only 1st gen I use are:
Chrom - only cuz this stupid idiot is mandatory most of the dang time
Avatar - he's me, I have to use him.
Lissa/Maribelle - support beasts with Owain/Brady
Cordelia - she's perfect

Your kids should have better stats and hopefully an expanded skillset since some pairings don't give anything new to their kids.

Oxx

Chapter 14 is pretty funny when you are over levelled. I pretty much won on the first turn as the enemy corpses piled-up at the choke-points.

Gregorn

Grinding for skills for my kids isn't that important, is it? For example Sumia doesn't need galeforce because her kid can just get it, yeah?

Grinding for skills for my kids isn't that important, is it? For example Sumia doesn't need galeforce because her kid can just get it, yeah?

It's only for the gender exclusive skills.

So Sumia doesn't need to do it since her kid can become a pegasus knight, but for example Lissa should since her kid can't become a pegasus knight. Though, he would still be awesome if he could.

ohlawd

It is important because some classes are gender exclusive and the parents won't be able to pass them down.

Example. Olivia and Inigo. Olivia has access to Dark Flier which means Galeforce. Dark Flier is for females only. How can I get Inigo with Galeforce?! Simple, you pass down Galeforce from Olivia to Inigo, which is a skill he can't get by himself.

Gregorn

It's only for the gender exclusive skills.

So Sumia doesn't need to do it since her kid can become a pegasus knight, but for example Lissa should since her kid can't become a pegasus knight. Though, he would still be awesome if he could.

Oh ok, so I'll try getting Sumia's kid now while Lissa can stay a virgin a little while longer.

Thanks.

Oh ok, so I'll try getting Sumia's kid now while Lissa can stay a virgin a little while longer.

Thanks.

Well, you don't need to skill grind till you decide to recruit the kid. You can marry the parents whenever you want and get the kids whenever you want.

The kids skills are set when you enter their map and you can still leave and come back later if you want them to have better skills or something.

bon

Important question:
How do you pronounce Tharja?

I've been saying it like "Thah-ria" but I just heard someone say it like "Thar-jah"

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Important question:

I've been saying it like "Thah-ria" but I just heard someone say it like "Thar-jah"

J should be pronounced like y. Beyond that just going with whatever is probably close enough.

ohlawd

Important question:

"Sexy"

ok srsly I say it like how it's spelled except with a y instead of a j so Thar-yah.

So I just got Nowi, and I noticed that her Dragonstone has a finite number of uses (i think ~45). This is a problem cause I want to use her as one of my main units through the rest of the game. Is it possible to "heal" the number of Dragonstone uses? Or perhaps get a new one later?

McNum

So I just got Nowi, and I noticed that her Dragonstone has a finite number of uses (i think ~45). This is a problem cause I want to use her as one of my main units through the rest of the game. Is it possible to "heal" the number of Dragonstone uses? Or perhaps get a new one later?
When you clear Chapter 12, you can buy Dragonstones at 2300 gold a piece from there. So Nowi can do the dragon thing as much as she wants, basically.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member

Yes, they are like any other weapon.

You'll get another one in Chapter 11, and a store that sells them will open up shortly after that.

Sendou

You can buy them infinitely later when you progress in story. Before that they will be sold by the Green merchants (I think) and they can be found in story chapters too.

Ultrabum

Yes, they are like any other weapon.

You'll get another one in Chapter 11, and a store that sells them will open up shortly after that.

I found that really funny, when you first meet her everyone is shocked she can turn into a dragon, yet dragons are so common stores sell dragonstones >.>

MicH

Finally got Galeforce on Lissa. Only need Maribelle and I have Galeforce on every first generation character who can get it :D (plus Lucina!)

I reclassed Panne to Assasin and I sort of.. like it. The choice was between Wyvern Lord or Assasin and I will probably reclass her to Wyvern Lord later on.

I'm needing Second Seals bad, man :( Need to reclass Maribelle and Nowi, not to mention all the Dark Fliers I currently have (Sumia, Olivia, Cordelia, Lissa). I'm currently at chapter 15 and I know I can buy them at chapter 16. So I just gotta keep on progressing!

Tempy

don't ask me for codes

You can find/buy more later, but it's probably a good idea to reclass her when she hits level 15 Manakete. You can go back to the Manakete class when you're done with getting some extra skills from other classes. By that time it should be easy to resupply dragonstones.

zroid

Banned
I got a Dragonstone+ really early in the game, before I recruited Nowi in fact. Not sure where it came from though. Might've been from CoY1 (the free DLC).

I found that really funny, when you first meet her everyone is shocked she can turn into a dragon, yet dragons are so common stores sell dragonstones >.>

The stores just sell about literally everything.

Well expect shoes. Enough stones to transform the last bunny for as long as she wants but never any shoes.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, I wish boots were a general stat boost item you could get plenty of, even if it restricted it to one use per character. Sure, they would eventually be useless, but the same applies to Arm Scrolls and those pop up in merchant shops.

I guess +2 movement for the entire party without using a skill or item slot was seen as too broken (and yet Dark Magic somehow wasn't).

According to the developers, common folk treat the dragonstones and beaststones as gems and don't actually know what they do.

There's a scene in Shadow Dragon where a villager gets freaked out about a dragonstone and ends up giving it to you.

Wazzy

Banned
Finall got my copy four days ago and I can't put it down. It's so freaking good.

The pairings I like most so far are Lon'que/Cherche and Frederick/Cordelia though I feel kind of bad for Fred.

Ghazi

You can get more.

Top Bottom