• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT2| PAL reinforcements

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Does any of the DLC have Second Seals? Already used the 100 renown one and I'm a good 10 or so chapters off being able to buy them.

You could probably get one from a village or shiny tile, but no, there aren't any guaranteed second seals through DLC. But I think one of the scramble ones gives you a master seal?

Sendou

You could probably get one from a village or shiny tile, but no, there aren't any guaranteed second seals through DLC. But I think one of the scramble ones gives you a master seal?

Harvest Scramble nets you a Master Seal per completion. I don't think you can get Second Seals from shiny tiles.

ohlawd

Just weapons, staves, temporary stat boosts like Tiki's Tear, Rift Doors, Reeking Boxes and Seed of Trust from ooh sparkly tiles.

MicH

About to go get Inigo (because apparently his paralogue sells Second Seals.

He's a product of Chrom and Olivia. Olivia will pass down Galeforce, but should I hve Chrom pass own Aether or Rightful King? What do you think is the most useful?

About to go get Inigo (because apparently his paralogue sells Second Seals.

He's a product of Chrom and Olivia. Olivia will pass down Galeforce, but should I hve Chrom pass own Aether or Rightful King? What do you think is the most useful?

Chrom will always pass down Rightful King to his sons. And Aether to his daughters.

ohlawd

Chrom's male children will ALWAYS get Rightful King.

edit: RK is pointless on Inigo anyway. He doesn't have enough space for it.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, not shiny tiles apparently. But I think you can still get them from the Outrealm villages. Serenes implies you can, and I'm pretty sure I've gotten one there. Extremely low chance of that happening though, assuming I'm remembering right.

Ghazi

So I've maxed out Cordelia, should I use a second or master seal on her or just leave her be. I still don't understand the advantages of either seals. What do they offer if Cordelia is dominating most things right now?

ohlawd

So I've maxed out Cordelia, should I use a second or master seal on her or just leave her be. I still don't understand the advantages of either seals. What do they offer if Cordelia is dominating most things right now?

So right now she's a Pegasus Knight? Well uhh... promoting = better stats + caps + more skills to learn = overall better unit.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member

Master Seals promote her to an advanced class based on her current class. So Pegasus Knight to Falcon Knight or Dark Flier. You will pretty much have to use a master seal eventually or your characters will be too weak to progress, since all the enemies will eventually be promoted.

Second Seals let you go to different class (like Pegasus Knight to Mercenary). This is beneficial to either get more skills, or just to fit in the party differently. These aren't really required on normal or hard mode, but using them effectively can make the game easier.

You definitely don't want to leave a character at max level since they can't accumulate experience/stats/skills. You should do something with them ASAP.

Ghazi

So right now she's a Pegasus Knight? Well uhh... promoting = better stats + caps + more skills to learn = overall better unit.

Master Seals promote her to an advanced class based on her current class. So Pegasus Knight to Falcon Knight or Dark Flier. You will pretty much have to use a master seal eventually or your characters will be too weak to progress, since all the enemies will eventually be promoted.

Second Seals let you go to another class. This is beneficial to either get more skills, or just to fit in the party differently. These aren't really required on normal or hard mode, but using them effectively can make the game easier.
Ahhhh ok, I (kind of) understood what the second seal did, but I didn't really see a reason to use it. I did not know, though, that Master Seals let you increase stats, caps, and skills. Thanks!

MicH

So I'm thinking about what to do with all my Dark Fliers.

Olivia: I'll probably make her go Myrmidon > Swordmaster (I suppose Myrmidon is worth it for Vantage instead of going straight to Swordmaster?)
Sumia: I have no idea. I can have her go Great Knight or General or just keep her as Dark Flier. Any ideas?
Lissa: Sage
Cordelia: Mercernary > Hero
Maribelle: No idea. Is Mage worth it?

However, I do have an awful lot of Heroes at the moment, haha. Need to finish them up so I can reclass those as well- or some of them, at least (Donnel, Avatar, Gregor)

Draxal

So I'm thinking about what to do with all my Dark Fliers.

Olivia: I'll probably make her go Myrmidon > Swordmaster (I suppose Myrmidon is worth it for Vantage instead of going straight to Swordmaster?)
Sumia: I have no idea. I can have her go Great Knight or General or just keep her as Dark Flier. Any ideas?
Lissa: Sage
Cordelia: Mercernary > Hero
Maribelle: No idea. Is Mage worth it?

However, I do have an awful lot of Heroes at the moment, haha. Need to finish them up so I can reclass those as well- or some of them, at least (Donnel, Avatar, Gregor)

Lissa/Maribelle should have Sage as their final class(I used valk for Maribelle though as I didn't really need everybody to be a sage) with galeforce/renewal/limitbreaker/tomefaire/dual support + (that's just a sample skill set).

Sumia I ended her with a Falcon Knight with Luna/Dual Guard +/Limitbreaker/Lancefaire/Galeforce.

Yeah, not shiny tiles apparently. But I think you can still get them from the Outrealm villages. Serenes implies you can, and I'm pretty sure I've gotten one there. Extremely low chance of that happening though, assuming I'm remembering right.

Hmm, that sucks. Didn't want to have to promote and jack up the internal levels any more than necessary.

ohlawd

Olivia - I wouldn't bother with Vantage unless it's combo'd with Sol or Vengeance and Wrath

Sumia - Get Luna (5) and Pavise (15) from GK and General at least. Dual Guard+ (15) from GK is cool too.

Lissa should get Dual Support+ (15) from Valkyrie. The same goes for Maribelle.
Both should have Galeforce/Dual Support+/Tomefaire/blah/wah

Yes, most def. Mercenary for Cordelia. Get that Armsthrift, baby!

MicH

Olivia - I wouldn't bother with Vantage unless it's combo'd with Sol or Vengeance and Wrath

Sumia - Get Luna (5) and Pavise (15) from GK and General at least. Dual Guard+ (15) from GK is cool too.

Lissa should get Dual Support+ (15) from Valkyrie. The same goes for Maribelle.
Both should have Galeforce/Dual Support+/Tomefaire/blah/wah

Yes, most def. Mercenary for Cordelia. Get that Armsthrift, baby!
This is great! Thank you so much! Now I have a plan I can work towards :D

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Hmm, that sucks. Didn't want to have to promote and jack up the internal levels any more than necessary.

You could probably avoid promoting before the store with second seals opens up, but you'll have to spread the experience pretty thin. Several characters around 20, assuming minimal grinding.

I think I might have had only one, maybe two units promoted when I got to it.

Plus there's really no sense in not promoting first unless you just want to get stats up quicker. Hitting multiple base classes is really only worth it if you specifically want those skills otherwise. And in general, the only one that's really worth it for anyone is Mercenary/Armsthrift. Anything else will be situational.

Ghazi

So does anyone here have either of the Scramble DLC's (Harvest and Summer)? Are they any good? The Beach DLC sounds kinda fun.

Finally able to beat it! Jeez, that last level is just a big ol' sprint while trying not to die. I had to pair up every single unit to eliminate any possible weaknesses. I liked how they set up the ending, as
I killed Grima
. The post-credits scene was a nice touch. The Chrom-Main Character friendship was really well done and it was nice the post-credits sequence was a nice way to top it off.

ohlawd

Get that now then! The special talk with Cordelia <3 <3 <3

I read the script on the wikia.... arghhhhhh

One of these days, I'm going to get the digital version of this game. 3 save files, one each for Cordelia, Severa and Lucina.

edit: wait my little bro waifu'd Cordelia on his file... I'll read it in person there. That still leaves Severa and Lucina doe.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
I read the script on the wikia.... arghhhhhh

One of these days, I'm going to get the digital version of this game. 3 save files, one each for Cordelia, Severa and Lucina.

edit: wait my little bro waifu'd Cordelia on his file... I'll read it in person there. That still leaves Severa and Lucina doe.

Yeah, having the 3 extra save files is nice. Only real downside is getting the supports twice. My physical copy support log is so empty compared to the digital. You're liitle bro is a fine young man.

ohlawd

I don't think I'll bother filling up the support log for the digital copy. I'll just do the bare minimum to ensure I can read the waifu convos on the Scrambles.

Jintor

For phoenix wright fans
KuGsj.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9XiDUHey78
Summer scramble dlc conversation spoilers.

I would have laughed so hard if they had actually worked out licensing details with capcom just for that

cafemomo

Finally gave in and picked up a copy from Wally World today.

Haven't really played any SRPGs other than FF: Tactics but I'm really loving the game so far.

Also, from what I've seen so far,
Anna
da bes waifu.

ohlawd

Well I have Vaike x Sully and my Kjelle came out pretty good. The only thing I can complain about is her shitty resistance.

Everyone has crap Res thanks to low growths so don't worry.

Yeah but she could be better. Sully gives her terrible classes so the dad has to pick up the slack.

Vaike is the 3rd best dad for her imo.

Can't wait until the game arrives. When I play the game once on Hard and get all the DLCs, does this mean that the DLC content will be available as I'm doing my 2nd playthrough?

Top Bottom