• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT2| PAL reinforcements

Anteo

Yeah when I tried to speedrun this game on hard, I was surprised how much time one waste in one stage. 4 hours from Premonition to Endgame. I think I could go for 3 or 2 and a half, but that would be next time.

Duster

Oh damn I forgot all about the Hubba Tester hidden away under extras, that contained literally a few minutes of merriment.

The first thing I tested was the love between Robin (Female Avatar) and Tharja and he summed up the relationship perfectly (something like "Way too attached" ) before adding "I'm not one to judge ladies"

Ghazi

Oh damn I forgot all about the Hubba Tester hidden away under extras, that contained literally a few minutes of merriment.

The first thing I tested was the love between Robin (Female Avatar) and Tharja and he summed up the relationship perfectly (something like "Way too attached" ) before adding "I'm not one to judge ladies"

Not one to judge the ladies my ass.

Draxal

My avatar is having an affair with both of his best friends daughters because FUCK YOU CHROM.

Well, I think that with the appropiate set up you can do the last stage like that.
Yeah, it's definitely possible. Just tried it out of curiosity with my fully-decked-out Avatar-Lucina-Morgan Sorcerer combo (as in, all of them have maxed out stats. Lucina and my Avatar have Limit Breaker/Ingis/Tomefaire/Armsthrift/Galeforce, whereas Morgan's the same thing, only with Aggressor over Galeforce), with all of the equipped with Mire tomes. Morgan ended up doing like ~25 damage to the final boss when paired up with a very-weak Tharja. Then I had Chrom (as a Dread Fighter) pair up with my Avatar and had my Avatar ended up getting a critical (for about ~60 damage) and ending the fight right there. Even if I didn't crit and did just about 20 damage, I'd still have Lucina left to attack, who also would have done about 20 with Mire, meaning I would have needed just one more Sorcerer to do the job. And that's without using Rally-bots or anything as well. So it's definitely doable (at least on Normal. I imagine that strategy might not work as well on say... Lunatic+).

one_kill

Just started my second playthrough and played up to chapter 6 so far.

I'm trying to figure out who to pair this time 'round. Although I want to see more support conversations, I really want to build a more competitive team.

Finally got Lifetaker and Galeforce for MUs baby. Does girl Morgan have the same access to classes as Cordelia? Getting sick of Pegasi

Also, Inigo is swag as fuck

The Morgans and their siblings get literally everything available to their gender + possibly their mother's/father's special class unless said parent is Olivia/
Walhart

Draxal

The Morgans and their siblings get literally everything available to their gender + possibly their mother's/father's special class unless said mother is Olivia.

Donnel's daughter can't get villager (although his Morgan would be a male), Chrom's second child can't become a lord.

ohlawd

It's pretty much an universal rule that the children are objectively better than their parents anyways.

True but some parents are still very worthwhile like Cordelia, Lissa/Maribelle (they are basically clones of each other) and anyone with Sorcerer access like Tharja and Miriel.

I'm just reaching the endgame of my second playthrough and good gravy - I am officially a believer in Severa, Galeforce, and Severa with Galeforce. Her support chain with Owain is one of the best in the game. Typical tsundere behavior, but so very sweet.

Inigo is also all-around excellent, and Bow Knight Kjelle with Donnel as a dad is a very pretty monster with the personality of a stone.

Yarne is just awful, though. If it wasn't for Morgan's support chain with him, I would have fed him to the Risen.

ohlawd

Yarne defintiely sucks with his terrible supports but he has his uses.

Gregor as his dad, reclass him into a Berserker or another axe-using class, give him
Limit Breaker/ArmsthriftAxefaire/Sol/blah

I like using Vantage (replacement for blah) + Sol.

One of the timeless weapon axes give like +5 Def and 1-2 range, give him that.

Fun!

Layell

For all sorts of weird reasons I did MU + Nah (who had Donnel as the father) and then I paired Morgan with Yarne.

I did it, when they have children it will be the ultimate combination of man, beast, and dragon. If only there could have been a third generation.

Santiako

For all sorts of weird reasons I did MU + Nah (who had Donnel as the father) and then I paired Morgan with Yarne.

I did it, when they have children it will be the ultimate combination of man, beast, and dragon. If only there could have been a third generation.

Your third gen kid
tumblr_lk6ky0ftqu1qh59n0o1_r1_400.gif

Yarne defintiely sucks with his terrible supports but he has his uses.

Gregor as his dad, reclass him into a Berserker or another axe-using class, give him
Limit Breaker/ArmsthriftAxefaire/Sol/blah

I like using Vantage (replacement for blah) + Sol.

One of the timeless weapon axes give like +5 Def and 1-2 range, give him that.

Fun!
Seems like I did it wrong. I took Taguel to 30 then reclassed to Assassin. He's not terrible in combat, but definitely not worth putting up with his personality.

ohlawd

Double fix, ohlawd :p

Though next to her is Morgan, true. The female one, that is.

I would definitely classify Lucina as a queen if she could use her exclusive weapon as a Waifu :/

Bear with me here, I wish the devs... iunno... flipped the weapon sets for Bride and Dread Fighters with an adjustment.

Bride - Sword/Lance/Tome (yeah I know Brides got the short end on the Mag side)
DF - Axe/Bow/Staff - (looks like an upgraded Warrior with a magic seasoning but who cares?)

Cuz hell if I didn't notice, males already have a far better offensive class selection than females. Males didn't need DF, plain and simple.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
That would force me to make my MU a Grandmaster with its lame ass animations =/

Edit: Also, fuck the damn barracks. Forcing my Cordelia to talk to the lame ass farmer POS. I saw it last night closed it hoping that it would change the next day. Good thing it didn't make a support happen.

I went Dancer 10 -> Pegasus Knight 10 -> Dark Flier 15 -> Myrmidon with Olivia and now she's ripping up everything then giving those Lara Croft apologizes lol. When she's paired up with Lon'qu the enemy hit rates are in the single digits. This is just unfair lol

Got Morgan into the group and I'm gonna make her a Mercenary to begin with for Armthrift then... I don't know what. What on-foot class has the best movment? Fuck horses

Moonlight

Banned
Got Morgan into the group and I'm gonna make her a Mercenary to begin with for Armthrift then... I don't know what. What on-foot class has the best movment? Fuck horses
If movement is your first concern, then Thief, for that Movement+1 skill at level ten. After that, you may want to promote into Trickster for Acrobat, so movement isn't impeded by deserts or forests, but there are better skills out there, particularly for Morgan.

ffdgh

I went Dancer 10 -> Pegasus Knight 10 -> Dark Flier 15 -> Myrmidon with Olivia and now she's ripping up everything then giving those Lara Croft apologizes lol. When she's paired up with Lon'qu the enemy hit rates are in the single digits. This is just unfair lol

None. You do have the option of going thief for movement+1 and then or Griffon rider for deliverer which is movement+2 when paired up.

Acrobat/Mov+1/Deliver/Galeforce + boots is the ultimate movement combination for on-foot units. Not the best of combinations overall, but hey if something like this is what you want...

Dang, I was hoping there was a class with an easy 7 movement.

She has Galeforce and Lifetaker to begin with adding in Armsthrift that leaves 2 spaces open. That's already pretty serious, struggling to think of how to round it out though

ohlawd

guys, don't tell anyone this but Acrobat is my secret favorite skill.

It's so cool walking through mountains and whatnot.

Alright, help me determine Cynthia's final skillset. She has:

Aether
Lancefaire
Iote's Shield
Rally Speed
Galeforce
Limit Breaker

Which should I get rid of?

CorvoSol

So I broke and bought the Scramble DLC. Tried out the Harvest and was doing just fine until the boss countered Chrom to death, which triggered an auto game over, which of course reminded me I hadn't saved the entire fight because why do that in so easy a battle?

So I'm gonna do the Summer one instead first. Honestly these have been great fun for Frederick's character. "We must have a relationship like that!" and "I'm afraid my derriere would be unworthy." LOL.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Alright, help me determine Cynthia's final skillset. She has:

Aether
Lancefaire
Iote's Shield
Rally Speed
Galeforce
Limit Breaker

Which should I get rid of?

You should replace Rally Speed with Aegis or Pavise. Can also put the other instead of Iote's Shield if you swap her out before the turn ends when there are Archers or Mages with Wind Magic nearby.

So I'm gonna do the Summer one instead first. Honestly these have been great fun for Frederick's character. "We must have a relationship like that!" and "I'm afraid my derriere would be unworthy." LOL.
Frederick is the best husbando confirmed.

If only my Robin was allowed to marry him. :/

Top Bottom