• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT2| PAL reinforcements

CorvoSol

Frederick is the best husbando confirmed.

If only my Robin was allowed to marry him. :/

This is the first time I've really liked Frederick. He was pretty bland until now. Best husbando outside of Chrom is probably Donny. I mean come on, he's Donny.

This is the first time I've really liked Frederick. He was pretty bland until now. Best husbando outside of Chrom is probably Donny. I mean come on, he's Donny.
Alternatively, I don't really like Donnel at all. If he didn't have his stat boosting skill, I don't think people would like him nearly as much.

I do love every time Frederick's pyromania manages to slip through. In how many of his supports does that part of him show?
Not that many. Most are about his fighting prowess and his various valet skills, and how all the nobles want him for themselves.

Nooo I gimped my Freddy to paladin. So awful he can't even solo armies anymore :(
Just quickly grind him through the class and then switch him to the Wyvern line.

zoukka

Just quickly grind him through the class and then switch him to the Wyvern line.

Freddy... quicky... does not compute :D

I guess his destiny is to be the support/love slave of Cordelia. I think he's happy at that.

Alternatively, I don't really like Donnel at all. If he didn't have his stat boosting skill, I don't think people would like him nearly as much.

Yeah he has no personality. Well I'm expecting great things from the Manakete with aptitude!

Freddy... quicky... does not compute :D

I guess his destiny is to be the support/love slave of Cordelia. I think he's happy at that.
Turn off animations, pick a strong map and use some Reeking Boxes. 10 mintues tops. (You can grind out some supports at the same time too.)

Cordelia does not deserve Frederick. Their supports are so depressing. :/

zoukka

Cordelia does not deserve Frederick. Their supports are so depressing. :/

I know :/ But what's done is done. I seriously think I chose the most boring supports for my starting characters. Nowi and Donnel were like "ok why not get married", Cordelia loved Chrom, Tharja loved zoukka and I pimped her to Libra... I kinda liked Panne and Viriel's thingy, but I expected more drama TBH.

This is why I'm not marrying avatar to anyone unless their support conversation are ace. So far nothing interesting.

More like Frederick doesn't deserve her. The support is pretty bad though.

tumblr_mih263QPnt1s5uhr8o1_500.png

tumblr_mih263QPnt1s5uhr8o2_500.png

tumblr_mih263QPnt1s5uhr8o3_500.png

Define bad

Ok, I haven't actually done the supports myself but that part's enough for me to not consider it bad.

Moonlight

Banned
As far as escalation into romance goes, not many characters have it as good as Lon'qu does. Particularly with Panne, Olivia, Cherche, and Lissa.

And haters gonna hate, Frederick/Cordelia is a nice pairing, with an amusing support and a more than acceptable Severa.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
I just hate any pairing involving Cordelia if it's not me =P

Unless I plan of marrying Severa. Lon'qu, Gaius, or Stahl is okay then.

Moonlight

Banned
All this talk inspired me to relive Anna and MU's support set via the log. So good. I really mean it, it's a surprisingly down-to-earth, sweet conversation set from a character who's so often defined by her love of money.

PK Gaming

The translation team should be awarded a goddamn medal.

i'm going through the harvest bonds DLC and the translation is amazing.

God... the stuff they've kept was great... the things they've added were even better. I love how this DLC was filled to the brim with romantic subtext between the characters. Kjelle & Severa's conversation outright confirms that
Kjelle has the hots for Severa.

life is good ♪

zoukka

All this talk inspired me to relive Anna and MU's support set via the log. So good. I really mean it, it's a surprisingly down-to-earth, sweet conversation set from a character who's so often defined by her love of money.

I have their support in A and stopped there. I love Anna as a character, but I'm hesitant still. Do the characters affect their kids stats? I kinda want to pimp avatar to Lucina...

And this game needs a divorce seal.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Always turns into a hate thread against her when certain people come in here I swear.

Moonlight

Banned
I have their support in A and stopped there. I love Anna as a character, but I'm hesitant still. Do the characters affect their kids stats? I kinda want to pimp avatar to Lucina...

Characters definitely affect the stats of the kids, and their caps (and their class selection). Here's a handy resource. Personally, I don't like to put too much stock in it unless you're shooting to create the most perfect children possible (and in that case, Anna is admittedly not the best candidate), because either way, Morgan turns into a beast, but there's definitely some parental influence. I just liked Anna's support quite a bit, and the fact that her S event at least addresses the spontaneity of it (which works because of Anna's character) puts it over a lot of other romance supports for me.

You could do a lot worse than Lucina, though.

TWILT

Banned
http://24.media.tumblr.com/ec270a3def3e50811fff7c8958f1d4f4/tumblr_mih263QPnt1s5uhr8o1_500.png[IMG]
[IMG]http://24.media.tumblr.com/38c5589da43455ce67081f1b60ff051d/tumblr_mih263QPnt1s5uhr8o2_500.png[IMG]
[IMG]http://25.media.tumblr.com/d1d90f18f59c8e4171f7f143e7159287/tumblr_mih263QPnt1s5uhr8o3_500.png[IMG]

Define bad

[spoiler]Ok, I haven't actually done the supports myself but that part's enough for me to not consider it bad.[/spoiler][/QUOTE]

Hmm, now I'm tempted to do this pairing in my next playthrough. :lol

PK Gaming

Always turns into a hate thread against her when certain people come in here I swear.

I actually really, really, really like her supports with Frederick

They're funny (just the thought of Cordelia scarfing down sandwiches and running away is all too funny) heart warming, sad and tender. Hell her S-rank hits close to home, though I admit I hated it at first.

Just go for it. Lucina and Anna only give birth to Morgan, who's arguably one of the best units in the game (no matter what you do), and if you like Anna more than you should marry her. (If Anna has learned Lucky 7, make sure you pass that down)

Moonlight

Banned
Just go for it. Lucina and Anna only give birth to Morgan, who's arguably one of the best units in the game (no matter what you do), and if you like Anna more than you should marry her. (If Anna has learned Lucky 7, make sure you pass that down)
Listen to this guy.

Is it possible to get the S conversations with characters that are married?
Nope.

Affairs are (sadly?) not possible in FE:A.

...except they're for Chrom.

I love Frederick, but man, I died here.
I don't really like either of their behavior is that support, but at least Frederick was brave enough to declare his feelings for Cordelia, something that she can't do. The last few lines make me a bit more hopeful, but that's because the support obviously needs to end on a "happy" note.

It is actually quite interesting that IntSys went down that path with this support though. I think this should of been their A support, with Cordelia rejecting him, or Frederick, realizing that she won't truly love him, is at peace with finally expressing his feeling for her and has decided to move on.

I don't think they should of been able to achieve an S support. It would of been much more satisfying and interesting for it to be an exploration of unrequited love, without the shoehorned happy ending.

Jintor

I don't really like either of their behavior is that support, but at least Frederick was brave enough to declare his feelings for Cordelia, something that she can't do. The last few lines make me a bit more hopeful, but that's because the support obviously needs to end on a "happy" note.

It is actually quite interesting that IntSys went down that path with this support though. I think this should of been their A support, with Cordelia rejecting him, or Frederick, realizing that she won't truly love him, is at peace with finally expressing his feeling for her and has decided to move on.

I don't think they should of been able to achieve an S support. It would of been much more satisfying and interesting for it to be an exploration of unrequited love, without the shoehorned happy ending.

As much as I love Fire Emblem's support system, I can't in good faith say it would be a great method to explore it.

Maybe if it was a full-on 10 rank s.link...

How do I get items or on the 'convoy' and give them to someone?

On the map go to the inventory for the character you want, their stuff is on the left and everything available (including other characters items) are on the right. During missions only Chrom can access the convoy

As much as I love Fire Emblem's support system, I can't in good faith say it would be a great method to explore it.

Maybe if it was a full-on 10 rank s.link...
Well they already attempted it with their pairing. At least what I suggested would be more honest.

Though I wouldn't object to pages and pages of conversations. I would gladly drown myself in heaps of lengthy support convos.

Busaiku

The game should automatically archive an S Support if we get it, but allow us to change it if we want.
But instead, we've gotta play the game like 100 times...

Bradach

On the map go to the inventory for the character you want, their stuff is on the left and everything available (including other characters items) are on the right. During missions only Chrom can access the convoy
Great. thanks. I feared that I could only sell that stuff and I put some nice items in there!

Westlo

Wow @ that fred and cordelia support... it's alright cordelia I'll make you mai waifu next playthrough!

So what's the best way to get all the supports? Just get everyone up to the point of having all their S ranks avaiable and than go through them and save them on another file? Of course with Chrom you'll have to go through the first 13 chapters (or maybe say 10 and make sure a certain girl wins and than do 1 run for dancer girl) a few times...

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Wow @ that fred and cordelia support... it's alright cordelia I'll make you mai waifu next playthrough!

So what's the best way to get all the supports? Just get everyone up to the point of having all their S ranks avaiable and than go through them and save them on another file? Of course with Chrom you'll have to go through the first 13 chapters (or maybe say 10 and make sure a certain girl wins and than do 1 run for dancer girl) a few times...

No other way than that, yeah. Save and reload, re-save and re-load... all for supports.......

Well at least it isn't as painful as support collecting in FE7.

Anyways, good FE:A wallpaper to recommend anyone? Been looking to collecting them.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Seriously, motherfucking revenants in harvest scramble has counter and miracle.

I just want some convos and not do battle stuff damnit. Or at least not make the battle so annoying.

edit: Swordbreaker too? Goddamnit.

Top Bottom