• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT2| PAL reinforcements

Soulhouf

Seriously, motherfucking revenants in harvest scramble has counter and miracle.

I just want some convos and not do battle stuff damnit. Or at least not make the battle so annoying.

edit: Swordbreaker too? Goddamnit.

That actually makes me want to purchase that DLC è_é

GamerSoul

I am definitely thinking of,getting a 3ds for this game. Wow at that fred and cordelia support. Lulz I can picture that whole scene. The only ones ive watched are most of Sully's, I guess my future waifu heh, but her support with MU was pretty silly but atleast she isnt one dimensional from the supports ive seen.

and for the skills, do the characters learn them or are they found like other items? Iirc, in fe9 you could find skills and some characters also came with a skill.

Shoogoo

I love the game! I spent 20 hours on it on the past 5 days which is more than what I ever did on the 3DS. My only complaint is that there are too many people to chose from, I don't want to sub anyone D: how do you guys manage this?

Also, what happens when you're done with the main story? Is there more content beside DLC?

Ban Puncher

I've never been able to get through more than a couple of hours with previous Fire Emblem games.

But holy shit, this game is fucking incredible.

Jb

Aaaannnnnd done! (normal+classic)
I managed to keep everyone alive until the last battle, but Cherche and Henry bit the dust because of a few careless moves on my part. Oh well. I also thought
Robin
had to be the one dealing the final blow in the actual fight, not just in a cutscene, which kind of completed things for me towards the end.
Overall my biggest problem with the game was how I wasn't sure in which map reinforcements were infinite and in which ones they were limited in numbers. But other than that and the predictable storyline it was very enjoyable. Made me feel like going back to Tactics Ogre on PSP to finish it.

NeonZ

It is actually quite interesting that IntSys went down that path with this support though. I think this should of been their A support, with Cordelia rejecting him, or Frederick, realizing that she won't truly love him, is at peace with finally expressing his feeling for her and has decided to move on.

The main issue is that Cordelia's unrequited love for Chrom can only be directly mentioned and addressed in S supports, due to the possibility of her already being in love and married to someone else by the time you get her supports.

Every time her romantic interest in someone is mentioned before the S supports, that person's name is never said due to the possibility that she isn't in love with Chrom anymore. Only some DLC convos (like her battle conversation with Katria) kind of break that and bring up unrequited crush directly outside of S supports.

Omnicent

Have you read their S support? It goes from picnics to some pretty tragic stuff.

That's why you pair her with my boy Lon'qu. There S support is rather good (at the end it seems like they cure each others "problem" too. It could be that I'm biased towards that pairing though.). For me I can only stick Cordelia in certain pairings cause some of them just don't work for me. It's going to be rough to get all supports (I'll have to fight off the urge)

Maybe I'm a bad person, but I find Severa intolerable. They could have written a character who had Mommy issues a little better than as an angry 5 year old in an adult's body, but I guess there was some trope they were after. Fact is, she whines more about her Mom saying Chrom than her Mom ever actually says Chrom. It sucks because she's a strong character with fun animations that I like to use. Cordelia is a better character, and I thought her hookup with Gaius in my game was nice.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
So, is it fair to say if gay marriage was an option in Awakening Lon'qu would be the majority's choice to get gay married?

Probably.

Henry is my husbando though.

Also man, how many copies of "how to make him fall in love with you" does Cordelia have?

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Maybe I'm a bad person, but I find Severa intolerable. They could have written a character who had Mommy issues a little better than as an angry 5 year old in an adult's body, but I guess there was some trope they were after. Fact is, she whines more about her Mom saying Chrom than her Mom ever actually says Chrom. It sucks because she's a strong character with fun animations that I like to use.

She's the worst character in the game. Absolutely awful.

Gameplay-wise she is great though. Why couldn't a crappier character get stuck with her garbage tsundere personality.

So, is it fair to say if gay marriage was an option in Awakening Lon'qu would be the majority's choice to get gay married?

Probably Chrom and Frederick.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Maybe I'm a bad person, but I find Severa intolerable. They could have written a character who had Mommy issues a little better than as an angry 5 year old in an adult's body, but I guess there was some trope they were after. Fact is, she whines more about her Mom saying Chrom than her Mom ever actually says Chrom. It sucks because she's a strong character with fun animations that I like to use. Cordelia is a better character, and I thought her hookup with Gaius in my game was nice.

You have destroyed any possible bonds that could have been forged between us.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Tsunderes are pretty boring as far as anime cliches go.

I'll have to unlock severa first to see how they handle her.

Jintor

Holy crap Brady is DEFINITELY a Vaike x Mirabelle combo

I'm two for four so far! Lucina and Oswain weren't exactly perfect parental products, but these kids are baller

I need to put this game down. It stimulates that, "There's still more to do, damn it!" part of my brain. Coming off Monster Hunter, I don't think my body can handle it

What's an easy way to grind lower leveled characters? I want to level up Miriel but the poor girl's gonna die out there.

I'm at Chapter 18, I think.

I do love every time Frederick's pyromania manages to slip through. In how many of his supports does that part of him show?

This is a great time to start a fire! ....Campfires I mean.

The Frederick/Cordelia talk reminded me of this pic

tumblr_mktifdzVji1qzgh25o1_1280.jpg

http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=27882877

Poor Severa with her Chrom obsessed parents.

Also let's take a moment to appreciate the little Owain's Bizarre Adventure thing there.

Haha, pretty cute. Disgraceful that Donnel married Lissa but that's about it.

Or Gaius. Or Owain. Or Nightwing.

Severa's pretty much the definition of tsundere, can't expect everyone to like her.

Severa just needs to be more dere. She's too tsun-tsun.

Quixzlizx

I like how Sumia starts off as such a useless unit. She couldn't deal any damage, and she couldn't take any damage, so her movement range wasn't that helpful. I basically just brought her along on missions so she could steal kills from the units doing the actual work.

I played Chapter 9 last night after promoting her to a Dark Flier, and she was taking on whole groups of enemies without even getting hit. She's my new Frederick in that she's so deadly I have to be careful not to let her be my vanguard unit now, since she's likely to kill almost every unit that attacks her in her counterattack and soak up all of the XP.

Ban Puncher

Why didn't I use my headphones sooner? The tinny little 3DS speakers do the soundtrack no justice.

14 hours and 11 chapters in and I finally married my bunny-boiler stalker. Oh Tharja, you so crazy!

80+ hours in over two playthroughs. Animations still on for everything except healing and dancing.
The fast forward really helps here, shame it couldn't be on by default.

Why didn't I use my headphones sooner? The tinny little 3DS speakers do the soundtrack no justice.
I like how speaker mode exists and is on by default. But Theatrhythm made me sure headphones were the only way to go with 3DS.

kswiston

Sorry if this has been asked 100 times:

I haven't played Fire Emblem Awakening in a couple months, and since then an assload of DLC has been released. Which pieces/bundles are worth buying? I don't really want to spend $30-40 on everything I'm missing (I currently have the 3 map bundle with Marth, and the 3 map gold/exp/weapons bundle).

Chrom

Sorry if this has been asked 100 times:

I haven't played Fire Emblem Awakening in a couple months, and since then an assload of DLC has been released. Which pieces/bundles are worth buying? I don't really want to spend $30-40 on everything I'm missing (I currently have the 3 map bundle with Marth, and the 3 map gold/exp/weapons bundle).

You want Lost Bloodlines 2 and Smash Brethren 2.

Also the Scramble pack for conversations and easy seeds of trust to speed up support grinding + it having like 10 shiny tiles minimum in every map.

JaseMath

Played during my break only to have someone die at the end of the chapter. No progress because I'm a baby. My entire lunch break, wasted.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Played during my break only to have someone die at the end of the chapter. No progress because I'm a baby. My entire lunch break, wasted.

That happened to me while grinding Rogues and Redeemers 3 yesterday. Owain decided to not dodge anything, but get constant criticals and astra procs to make sure more enemies could attack him.

And speaking of animations I've had them off pretty much the entire time I've played this game. Turned them off after the prologue on my first playthrough. Had them on for a few chapters for the second.

Top Bottom