• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT2| PAL reinforcements

I kept battle animations off most of the time too, even though this game has pretty good ones.

I think Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn's slow animations (and even map animations) just got to me. I'm so glad Radiant Dawn added a real "Off" animation after beating it or I probably wouldn't bother with a 2nd playthrough.

Sad thing is, by skipping so many battle animations, I no longer get attached to the battle music. This is especially sad in Radiant Dawn and this game where the battle music changes fairly frequently : (

Aexact

First thing I did when I started the game was turn off animations. It was kinda an automatic reaction so I didn't realize the flair they added with battle dialogue and displaying the support bonuses (thought they were still invisible).

It was delightfully flashy. But back to no animations.
Too bad skip enemy turn causes the battle music to go dark though.

I think Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn's slow animations (and even map animations) just got to me. I'm so glad Radiant Dawn added a real "Off" animation after beating it or I probably wouldn't bother with a 2nd playthrough.

Sad thing is, by skipping so many battle animations, I no longer get attached to the battle music. This is especially sad in Radiant Dawn and this game where the battle music changes fairly frequently : (

Oh, good to know! I didn't know that Radiant Dawn had battle music shift, I thought it was a new thing to Awakening.

I usually have animation on expect when I'm grinding.

Watching the enemy throw their tomahawks and spears and either missing or not doing anything gets old fast.

Oh, good to know! I didn't know that Radiant Dawn had battle music shift, I thought it was a new thing to Awakening.

It didn't. I think he just meant that he missed all the battle music in RD and there was a lot of it to miss.

Although, it did sort of have a precursor to Awakening's battle music shift. When you start a conversation with a final boss like Jarod or Ludveck, a little percussion thing would play, and once the battle started it would expand into a full battle song.

Like this would transition into this.

ohlawd

I only turn on animations with new DLC since most of the time, there's new music. Just on that one occasion though. I turn it off after a second battle.

The animations in this game is teh suck.

ffdgh

If I had to pick a favorite Lethality, It would have to be taguels version. Side step side step death.
KuGsj.gif

McNum

Wouldn't Lethality be superior in maps where you fight enemies with Counter? I mean, yes, it doesn't activate nearly as much, but when it does, you just kill the enemy. Can't Counter instant death.

Or does it just do 99 damage like a Recover staff heals for 99?

Wouldn't Lethality be superior in maps where you fight enemies with Counter? I mean, yes, it doesn't activate nearly as much, but when it does, you just kill the enemy. Can't Counter instant death.

Or does it just do 99 damage like a Recover staff heals for 99?

Well the skill activation is pretty low, so you'll either one shot them or get one shoted by yourself.

And, if they have Miracle? wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

McNum

Well the skill activation is pretty low, so you'll either one shot them or get one shoted by yourself.

And, if they have Miracle? wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
Huh, Miracle vs. Lethality? What happens? Awesome effect, but the enemy is still standing with 1 HP?

I need to get Lethality for someone...

Draxal

Isn't that like the worst time to turn them on?

Generic models, generic models everywhere!

That's still 15%.

But Lucina can make it kinda work with Rightful King. 25% now, that's.... pretty good?

It's just aether is a million times better with a higher chance of activation.

Jintor

Nah man, I mean if I'm killing some other dude's tactician.

Or if I'm (and I usually am) forcing characters to kill themselves. I AM THE SHADOW, THE TRUE SELF

ohlawd

It's just aether is a million times better with a higher chance of activation.
I really don't like the /2 Aether has but of course it has that, the dang skill has Sol (S class tier) and Luna (B class normally, S+++ in its final form) together.

Nah man, I mean if I'm killing some other dude's tactician.

Or if I'm (and I usually am) forcing characters to kill themselves. I AM THE SHADOW, THE TRUE SELF

Oh shoot, Streetpass teams.

I read Spotpass :/

I just created the cheapest character thus far (just finished chapter 16): Owain as Swordsmaster + 2 Killing Edges (60 in total) + Maxed out critical hit ratio for both. Bahaha he just mows through shit.

He's also my favourite character so far in terms of personality. SWORD-HAND DOWN!!!

I just created the cheapest character thus far (just finished chapter 16): Owain as Swordsmaster + 2 Killing Edges (60 in total) + Maxed out critical hit ratio for both. Bahaha he just mows through shit.

He's also my favourite character so far in terms of personality. SWORD-HAND DOWN!!!

Owain's da best.

I'm almost finished with the story and only have 3 kids ;_;

Lucina is shitting on Chrom so bad. He was level 8 Great Lord and she was already outdamaging him when she first promoted to GL from level 20 Lord

Don't even talk about Morgan

Inigo is too busy getting admonished by Lon'qu

Gvaz

Banned

That's still 15%.

But Lucina can make it kinda work with Rightful King. 25% now, that's.... pretty good?

It procs more like 30% for me

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Thought it was your love for Cordy that got you the tag.

Chihaya the
2nd
best

lol >_<

I chat with a certain mod a lot outside of the forum and he knows my obsession with her lol. I did get it while I had the Cordelia avy though.

Maybe I'm a bad person, but I find Severa intolerable. They could have written a character who had Mommy issues a little better than as an angry 5 year old in an adult's body, but I guess there was some trope they were after. Fact is, she whines more about her Mom saying Chrom than her Mom ever actually says Chrom. It sucks because she's a strong character with fun animations that I like to use. Cordelia is a better character, and I thought her hookup with Gaius in my game was nice.
She's the only character in the game that I actually dislike. She is truly awful.

So, is it fair to say if gay marriage was an option in Awakening Lon'qu would be the majority's choice to get gay married?
Not for me. He'd be near the bottom of my list. (Though they actually touch on this in Vaike and Lon'qu's Harvest Scramble convo. It made me love Vaike even more.) But there are a plethora of much better husbandos than Lon'qu IMO.

Frederick, Chrom, Basilio, Vaike, Gregor, Owain, Yarne, Stahl,
Yen'fay, Walhart, Priam

Javier

Here's one thing to know about Lethality. If you proc Lethality and the enemy procs Miracle and also has Counter... congrats! You just committed suicide!

My MU doesn't gain any stats the unpromoted classes now (except for res), am I supposed to cycle through the promoted classes now to improve my stats? I'd rather just settle on one at this point. Maybe Grandmaster

Top Bottom