• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT2| PAL reinforcements

She's fine with Henry/Chrom as a dad; hell Gaius if you pass down sol. Not the best; but not the worst (I think Yarne is hi beast weakness + no dual support/galeforce).
Yarne isn't anywhere close to being the worst kid. And even the "worst" kid is still amazing from a gameplay perspective.

Ferga

I hate chapter 21 :|

So much.

And my Severa and Tharja got one shot by a 5% crit chance today in a single risen battle.

I'm 40 hours in and I haven't restarted the game yet since I haven't lost any units who I adore. But there is no way i'm accepting the deaths of Severa and Tharja to a 5% crit.

Neiteio

Shit, just did Paralogue 14 without getting Laurent. Didn't know I had to visit the villages... Guess I won't be able to get him this playthrough. Any other characters you have to do something special to get?

ffdgh

Lol beast weakness is nearly nonexistent. All the kids are equally amazing or bad depending on the parent....some more than others?

Anywho the moment when you learn Libra has the same VA as Aversa...
KuGsj.gif

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Virion is one of the worst unit wise. No good skills besides Lifetaker. But, I do love the guy. So entertaining.

ohlawd

Severa is best kid personality and unit wise. Fuck the haters.

Can't agree with that even with my undying love for Severa. Morgan exists after all, unit-wise.

Fuck the haters, indeed. Can't get enough of that tsundere twintail swag. She wins my best personality award.

Who is then? Somebody has to be it, and I never implied that he's not better than most first gen characters.
If I call out your name, you're not one of the worst kids in the game.

"Severa!"
"Inigo!"
"Morgan!"
"Nah!"
"Noire!"
"Owain!"
"Lucina"
"Kjelle!"
"Brady!"

demidar

So I guess I should post in this thread despite having an imported Fire Emblem. Anyway who thought it was a good idea to pit 40 knights and cavaliers with a helping of paladins on such a closed map? Thank god for tonics, it was enough to send two pairs to bait all the attackers and kill them all on counterattacking.

Neiteio

I'm really frustrated about this Laurent bullshit. You don't swing by one village and you're cut off from the character. :(

OK, so doing Paralogue 13 now. How do I get Yarne?

Draxal

Can't agree with that even with my undying love for Severa. Morgan exists after all, unit-wise.

Fuck the haters, indeed. Can't get enough of that tsundere twintail swag. She wins my best personality award.

If I call out your name, you're not one of the worst kids in the game.

"Severa!"
"Inigo!"
"Morgan!"
"Nah!"
"Noire!"
"Owain!"
"Lucina"
"Kjelle!"

Brady is amazingly good, Gerome gets insane str mods due to Cherche, Laurent has sage/sorceror tree from his mom/Cynthia has access to galeforce. Well now that's 12 kids right there out of 13.

ffdgh

I'm really frustrated about this Laurent bullshit. You don't swing by one village and you're cut off from the character. :(

Panne can easily reach him on the first turn if you place her in the right spot before you play the map.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu

Talk to him with Panne or Chrom and kill shit? You can pick a side to make it easier, but where's the fun in that?

He also gives Severa the third best hair color for her after black and red.

His hair color is amazing. I can agree with that.

Neiteio

Talk with Chrom/Panne.

Just talk to him with his mom or Chrom. Nothing fancy.

Panne can easily reach him on the first turn if you place her in the right spot before you play the map.
Thanks guys. I haven't started the first turn yet. I'm paranoid about getting the kids now that Laurent has eluded me. One of my favorite features in this game is the Roster (it's a Fire Emblem pokedex!), and it grinds my gears that I can't add Laurent to it now. I don't anticipate having time for a whole new playthrough. Is there anywhere I can view his roster online, and/or videos that show me what Laurent's character is like?

ohlawd

Brady is amazingly good, Gerome gets insane str mods due to Cherche, Laurent has sage/sorceror tree from his mom/Cynthia has access to galeforce. Well now that's 12 kids right there out of 13.

Oh yeah I forgot Brady. How could I when he's part of the male Galeforce trio. Will edit my post.

I like him as a War Monk with a Bolt axe :3

Laurent's the only fancy one and he involves a village.

Everyone else is out in the open, just talk to them with Chrom or their mom. Dad if Morgan is female.

Thanks guys. I haven't started the first turn yet. I'm paranoid about getting the kids now that Laurent has eluded me. One of my favorite features in this game is the Roster (it's a Fire Emblem pokedex!), and it grinds my gears that I can't add Laurent to it now. I don't anticipate having time for a whole new playthrough. Is there anywhere I can view his roster online, and/or videos that show me what Laurent's character is like?

Imagine Miriel but as a guy.

That's Laurent.

Imagine Miriel as a male and you have Laurent:
OuxtQrml.jpg

At the very least, their personalities are somewhat different.

Neiteio

On a side note, I just recruited Gerome and he looks SO TITS.

Got the black-haired verison, too, since his pa was Donnel, lol.

I'm gonna match him up with Superior Silver-Haired Severa (thank you based Virion).

Also got Inigo going with Lucina and Brady with Cynthia.

Think Yarne will go with Noire... But for Owain, will it be Kjelle or Morgan? Hmm...

Draxal

Lol beast weakness is nearly nonexistent. All the kids are equally amazing or bad depending on the parent....some more than others?

Anywho the moment when you learn Libra has the same VA as Aversa...
KuGsj.gif

It's a weakness that you sometimes pass lancebreaker off from Panne due to um ... getting rid of his weakness, as beastkiller lances are annoying enough. His parent's the worst mom because ... frankly the Taguel class sucks and she doesn't pass off any good abilities (galeforce/dual support + as a support bot).

He's the worst kid, but still better than pretty much all the first gen chars.

It's a weakness that you sometimes pass lancebreaker off from Panne due to um ... getting rid of his weakness, as beastkiller lances are annoying enough. His parent's the worst mom because ... frankly the Taguel class sucks and she doesn't pass off any good abilities (galeforce/dual support + as a support bot).

Panne's the worst mom since she can't pass down a non-gender exclusive class to her child.

demidar

It isn't.

It only goes back to that when no one's asking for help.

Heh.

This game seems abnormally long. Fire Emblem on the GBA had what, 25 maps? This game probably has more than that with bigger maps, heavier dialogue, optional fights and the wireless stuff, plus DLC if that tickles your fancy. I love that this game is so meaty but I've barely scratched the surface, just reached Act 2 and no one's fallen in love yet (of their own volition) because I keep switching characters up.

ffdgh

I do enjoy that +2 strength and 3+speed from Panne. The right father can fix almost anything
and since he has the avatar as a father...yeah.

I do wish galeforce was accessable for him and Laurent.

Draxal

I do enjoy that +2 strength and 3+speed from Panne. The right father can fix almost anything
and since he has the avatar as a father...yeah.

I do wish galeforce was accessable for him and Laurent.

The easiest fix is just to buff the Taguel class.

Laurent or Cynthia from a gameplay perspective. Neither of them are bad though.

Laurent has sage/sorceror from his mom ... which makes him insanely strong in this game. Cynthia has access to Luna/Dual Guard +/Galeforce just from her mom. I just don't see it.

Top Bottom