• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT2| PAL reinforcements

Anteo

I figured as much. The other ending sounded like a bad idea. I was just all "Yeah like I'm gonna stand by and let that happen." and
Naga was all, "But there's only a slim chance you'll come back from the dead!" and I was all, "Bitch, did you play FFVI? Slim chances ALWAYS pan out."

There should have been a 1% chance to see the full ending (increased depeding on your team, like supports and people recruited/alive), and the other 99% should have been "We are still wating for MU".

CorvoSol

There should have been a 1% chance to see the full ending (increased depeding on your team, like supports and people recruited/alive), and the other 99% should have been "We are still wating for MU".

Those kind of odds would've required a better full ending.

All his marriage convos are like this.

C-A rank:
Female: "Hey Laurent, you got a giant stick up your ass. Stahp it pls"
Laurent: "*insert fancy words here*

S rank
Laurent: "Here. I took out the stick now I'm in love with you."
Female: ":3"
Pretty much. Although, I did enjoy his conversation with Owain in Hot-Spring Scramble, where he totally messes with Owain's head. xD

Dunkelgrau

When someone gets killed on the battlefield, they say something like: „I have to go for now, sorry bla bla bla“ but not that there are dead. So, is this permadeath or not?

Jintor

Some of them are story important so they just retire with greivous injuries or whatever. But you sure ain't putting them on a battlefield anytime soon

Moonlight

Banned
]blacky[;57394652 said:
When someone gets killed on the battlefield, they say something like: „I have to go for now, sorry bla bla bla“ but not that there are dead. So, is this permadeath or not?
Yes.

If you're on Casual, it's not permadeath, if you're on Classic, they won't be coming back to fight more battles. Most of the first-generation girls are only crippled and not killed so as to even out the wrinkles that would be introduced when their kids come into the picture.

Anteo

]blacky[;57394652 said:

At the very least, if you are playing on classic, the character is perma-disabled. So no more joining battle. For story reasons female that can have kids will retreat.

ohlawd

]blacky[;57394652 said:

For gameplay purposes, they are most certainly dead; you aren't able to bring them to battle anymore.

Dunkelgrau

And how did you reload when you play on classic and someone gets killed? Some people mentioned a workaround before but it did not understand which buttons I have to press.

Moonlight

Banned
]blacky[;57395638 said:
And how did you reload when you play on classic and someone gets killed? Some people mentioned a workaround before but it did not understand which buttons I have to press.
Right and left bumpers + Start or Select. Press them all at the same time.

WhyMe6

So I'm up to Chapter 11, and I don't want to progress any further because of the forced marriage thing. I'm trying to pair up some characters beforehand as I'm indecisive about who I feel will be best with Chrom, so I'm watching all of the potential C/B/A-Rank conversations between Chrom/MU and their suitors.

I'm a bit confused about something in particular though: if I pair up MU with Tharja, for example, will I be able to get both Morgan and Noire? I don't want to miss out on one or the other child for my pairings. Same goes for Chrom - if I pair Chrom with Sumia, for example, will I be able to get both Lucina and Cynthia?

Oooooor can they have brothers and sisters and I get both?

Anteo

So I'm up to Chapter 11, and I don't want to progress any further because of the forced marriage thing. I'm trying to pair up some characters beforehand as I'm indecisive about who I feel will be best with Chrom, so I'm watching all of the potential C/B/A-Rank conversations between Chrom/MU and their suitors.

I'm a bit confused about something in particular though: if I pair up MU with Tharja, for example, will I be able to get both Morgan and Noire? I don't want to miss out on one or the other child for my pairings. Same goes for Chrom - if I pair Chrom with Sumia, for example, will I be able to get both Lucina and Cynthia?

Oooooor can they have brothers and sisters and I get both?

1) Only Chrom is forced to marriage, and if Chrom has supports with any other girl prior Ch 11, consider Olivia out of the options.
2) You get both, inheritances works the same for both, so Noire would have access to all the non-male clases just like Morgan. Also, Cynthia won't get access to the Lord class (only Lucina inherits it) but will inherit Aether no matter what (even if Chrom has not learned it yet).
AS a rule, Chrom gives Aether to any of his daugthers and Rightfull King to any of his sons.

WhyMe6

1) Only Chrom is forced to marriage, and if Chrom has supports with any other girl prior Ch 11, consider Olivia out of the options.
2) You get both, inheritances works the same for both, so Noire would have access to all the non-male clases.

Awesome, thanks for that.

I was worried that I'd miss out. I figure if I want Chrom to be with Olivia, I'll just marry off all of his other potential suitors then get some lovin' between them on Chapter 11. Does that work?!

Jintor

oh good I DID get galeforce on Olivia. Thought I hadn't for a second there. Boy grinding takes it outta you

pissed I moved past getting lucinia before I could get it on sumia :T gotta grab it the old fashioned way i guess

CorvoSol

Olivia is surprisingly versatile and a pretty good Assassin after getting Galeforce. She was my bronze medallist

Galeforce was not something I put on her yet, but there's a lot to do between now and my rematch with the Greems, so we'll see.

Paralogue 20, how is it possible? I cannot even get my flying units over there! Ugh, gonna have to grind Galeforce onto the lot of them.

Oxx

I've already recruited a load of kids, but I'm still seeing names mentioned in this thread that I don't recognise.

TrueBlue

My Olivia is now a lvl 7 Assassin, and has Luck +4, Special Dance, Astra, Swordfaire and Lethality. Should I reclass her back to Dancer? And if so, should I level up to 20 on Assassin beforehand?

m0t0k1

My Olivia is now a lvl 7 Assassin, and has Luck +4, Special Dance, Astra, Swordfaire and Lethality. Should I reclass her back to Dancer? And if so, should I level up to 20 on Assassin beforehand?

Would definitely go up to at least level 15. For me the Pass skill is a must as dancer. Also the standard yadda yadda but Olivia should really learn Galeforce. Its just to awesome to slaughter an enemy with Astra pass the next one and use Dance on your stongest character and make them kill another enemy.

Draxal

Would definitely go up to at least level 15. For me the Pass skill is a must as dancer. Also the standard yadda yadda but Olivia should really learn Galeforce. Its just to awesome to slaughter an enemy with Astra pass the next one and use Dance on your stongest character and make them kill another enemy.

That and you want to pass the skill down to Inigo.

Stupid questions :

1. Is there a way to quick restart our game ?

2. I'm at chapter 18, is it normal I can't figure out how to marry anyone ?

3. Whe you used a magister, is there another way to make your character evolve or it just lvl up ?

Thx !

Chrom

3. Whe you used a magister, is there another way to make your character evolve or it just lvl up ?

When you say magister, do you mean a Master Seal? If so, using one means you're upgrading a unit from a base class to an advanced class, and since there's no tier higher than advanced, you can't use another Master Seal to change the unit's class again when they're already an advanced class. However, you can use a Second Seal to reclass a unit back to a base class or even another advanced class continuously so that you can keep on leveling your unit and learn more skills without end.

Kurtofan

When you say magister, do you mean a Master Seal? If so, using one means you're upgrading a unit from a base class to an advanced class, and since there's no tier higher than advanced, you can't use another Master Seal to change the unit's class again when they're already an advanced class. However, you can use a Second Seal to reclass a unit back to a base class or even another advanced class continuously so that you can keep on leveling your unit and learn more skills without end.

In the French version

Magister: Master Seal

Scolaris :Second Seal

S1kkZ

got the game last week and i love it. 2 of my characters hit level 20 a while ago, anything i can do to trigger the "re-class" thing some people are talking about?

Oxx

I'm kinda regretting buying the cheat dlc. I can buy anything, level anyone, and kill anything. It has rendered the main game something of a procession attached to a dating-sim.

Busaiku

I'm kinda regretting buying the cheat dlc. I can buy anything, level anyone, and kill anything. It has rendered the main game something of a procession attached to a dating-sim.

You're not gonna regret it if you do any of the latter DLC.

Anteo

got the game last week and i love it. 2 of my characters hit level 20 a while ago, anything i can do to trigger the "re-class" thing some people are talking about?

Use a master seal to upgrade to a Master class.

Use a second seal to change to a different Base class. (If the character is level 10 in a master class, or level 30 in a special class, you can go directly to another Master class)

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

Eh, it's easy to break the game even without the cheat DLC.

Granted it takes longer to do it.

Apenheul

FINALLY my copy got shipped. Although I've played five FE's before I'm starting on Normal in classic-mode this time, and will probably replay it on a difficult setting.

Duster

]blacky[;57394652 said:

I lost Lissa due to that stupid message, when she said she was retreating I assumed it meant there was no permadeaths on optional maps, the fact she showed up in the next cutscene and remained in the social link lists didn't help.

Top Bottom