• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT2| PAL reinforcements

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Only downside to Laurent is that he can NEVER get Galeforce. What are you doing with your life Miriel?!

The easiest fix is just to buff the Taguel class.

Laurent has sage/sorceror from his mom ... which makes him insanely strong in this game. Cynthia has access to Luna/Dual Guard +/Galeforce just from her mom. I just don't see it.
They are the weaker versions of better kids stat/skill wise (Noire/Brady and Severa). And none of them can achieve the pure raw power than Yarne can. His beast weakness is very easily remedied, and his speed and power make him practically unstoppable.

ffdgh

Truthfully Having beastbane and wyrmsbane work outside of their classes would have been nice..a bit broken but nice.

They are the weaker versions of better kids stat/skill wise (Noire/Brady and Severa). And none of them can achieve the pure raw power than Yarne can. His beast weakness is very easily remedied, and his speed and power make him practically unstoppable.

Sadly no Galeforce though.

ffdgh

Yes....oh most certainly yes. Baby him up and he will own the main game if you let him.

Edit: ...I'm talking about Donnel

ohlawd

What is there to do on a complete file after getting all the kids?

Max out some characters?

Yes. Now if only i saved that Donnel as god pic back in OT1 lol...

0jBw1vt.jpg

True, but Laurent can't get Galeforce either.

But a lack of Galeforce isn't a death sentence.

Well, with how OP the kids are of course not. Besides, I'm just saying, I love my fluffy son after all so I could never call him the worst kid :T

Wyrmsbane is soooooo useless compared to Beastbane.

Seriously, also, if I wanted an anti-dragon thing I'd just go for the Falchions while the anti-beast things don't have as good of a replacement.

Draxal

Laurent has + 3 magic + 1 speed mod, compared to Yarne's 2 str/3 spd mod, and has access to the weapon type that breaks the game. While Yarne's beast weekness his easily remedied, he doesn't get enough to counter for it. They just need to make Taguels much more useful.

Cynthia has dual guard + and luna, which are very very very good and nonbase to severa.

ffdgh

Yeah I know wyrmsbane is nearly useless but I didn't want to eave it out. Oh the revenge that would have been gained on those darn pegagus units....

And I finally read(found) Female Robin's and alternate Morgan's conversation. Twas nice.

Laurent has + 3 magic + 1 speed mod, compared to Yarne's 2 str/3 spd mod, and has access to the stronger weapon type. While Yarne's beast weekness his easily remedied, he doesn't get enough to counter for it.

Cynthia has dual guard + and luna, which are very very very good and nonbase to severa.
Speed is the most important stat in the game.

Add that to his insane strength and you don't need anything else.

ohlawd

Severa can get DG+ and Luna too if Stahl is the dad.

Why do we do Lon'qu x Cordelia again? So she can double everything as a Sorcerer with the right pair up and Lon'qu's gives +0 for Magic instead of a negative?

:/

What do you think?

Y'all need to get off Cynthia's back, too. She's one of two non-Lucina children who can inherit Aether from Chrom, and the second one is Kjelle.

Then people have gotta stop doing Chrom x Olivia >_<

Draxal

Severa can get DG+ and Luna too if Stahl is the dad.

Why do we do Lon'qu x Cordelia again? So she can double everything as a Sorcerer with the right pair up and Lon'qu's gives +0 for Magic instead of a negative?

:/

Severa gets vantage/swordfaire/access to every physical breaker/lethality from Lon'Qu + the insane speed/skill bonus.

Speed is the most important stat in the game.

Add that to his insane strength and you don't need anything else.

I'll be honest, the caps don't matter as much to me as the skill choices the time where his +3 base speed at cap will result in a double attack vs a single attack will be minimal. I'll just say this is a agree to disagree moment, as I think we have different priorities here.

Kincaido

Lon'qu can get with Cordelia because he is one of the best male characters not named Kincaido.

ohlawd

Stahl x Cordelia gives...

Vantage, Swordfaire, Astra, Lethality, Aegis, DG+, Luna.... uhh holy shit. That's freaking good.

Chrom

Shit, just did Paralogue 14 without getting Laurent. Didn't know I had to visit the villages... Guess I won't be able to get him this playthrough. Any other characters you have to do something special to get?

I think Laurent is pretty much the least obvious one you can recruit. For the most part the rest of the characters are very straightforward.

Neiteio

I think Laurent is pretty much the least obvious one you can recruit. For the most part the rest of the characters are very straightforward.
Speaking of Laurent, I just watched a YouTube video of his recruitment, and subsequent mom/dad talks (I usually only check out the first round of parent-to-child support convos). I feel like I've gotten the "Laurent" experience now, lol.

Draxal

Sol is so good when you hit for 10 damage and heal for 5 ;D

When you get hit for 2-5 damage though. It does help.

Think i'm going virion/cordelia just for access to the sage class (ricken's going elsewhere) in my next playthrough.

I think alot of people love lon'qu just because he's the bad ass Navarre achetype, while Stahl's um kinda nondescript.

ohlawd

When you get hit for 2-5 damage though. It does help.

Think i'm going virion/cordelia just for access to the sage class (ricken's going elsewhere) in my next playthrough.

I wasn't referencing those odd moments in battle where the enemy has low HP and Sol just so happens to proc.

Speaking of Laurent, I just watched a YouTube video of his recruitment, and subsequent mom/dad talks (I usually only check out the first round of parent-to-child support convos). I feel like I've gotten the "Laurent" experience now, lol.

All his marriage convos are like this.

C-A rank:
Female: "Hey Laurent, you got a giant stick up your ass. Stahp it pls"
Laurent: "*insert fancy words here*

S rank
Laurent: "Here. I took out the stick now I'm in love with you."
Female: ":3"

CorvoSol

So I just beat it tonight. I
chose to kill Grima myself.
the ending wasn't overly stellar, but it was nice, and the final, post-credits scene got me all warm 'n fuzzy. Gonna finish recruiting and supporting 'fore I do it again, though. Really enjoyed this game.

Kincaido

Chapter 10 is still beautiful on my 8th time.

So I just beat it tonight. I
chose to kill Grima myself.
the ending wasn't overly stellar, but it was nice, and the final, post-credits scene got me all warm 'n fuzzy. Gonna finish recruiting and supporting 'fore I do it again, though. Really enjoyed this game.

You chose the better ending.

CorvoSol

Chapter 10 is still beautiful on my 8th time.

You chose the better ending.

I figured as much. The other ending sounded like a bad idea. I was just all "Yeah like I'm gonna stand by and let that happen." and
Naga was all, "But there's only a slim chance you'll come back from the dead!" and I was all, "Bitch, did you play FFVI? Slim chances ALWAYS pan out."

ohlawd

The other option is hilarious badly written. No knock at the localization team.

Why in the blue hell would I pick that option? I am pretty sure every person in the army knows which choice is the proper one to make.

Top Bottom