• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT2| PAL reinforcements

McNum

Well, I just recruited Owain... He sure is Lissa and Henry's kid. Except for the whole Myrmidon thing. Guess I should make him some kind of mage. Maybe that will help cure his... condition. His C support with Henry is great, though.

So, who to recruit next... That's Cynthia, Morgan, Nah, and Owain recruited.

Well, I just recruited Owain... He sure is Lissa and Henry's kid. Except for the whole Myrmidon thing. Guess I should make him some kind of mage. Maybe that will help cure his... condition. His C support with Henry is great, though.

So, who to recruit next... That's Cynthia, Morgan, Nah, and Owain recruited.

It's not a condition. He's just being awesome.

McNum

It's not a condition. He's just being awesome.
I'm not sure if the army is getting more or less crazy by recruiting the kids... Well, I suppose I should get Nowi and Nah up to A support. I'm curious of the A is what I think it is.

How much does a Seed of Trust boost a relationship, anyway?

CorvoSol

I had Vaike father Owain, and I thought it made all the sense in the world, what with Owain combining Vaike's flair with Lissa's sass.

Kjelle is the one I don't get yet. Not a lot of Virion in her at all.

TWILT

Banned
Also Inigo with Chrom as his father looks just like.. his father. It's uncanny

Man, I'm glad I'm not the only one that noticed. :lol

Yeah, to me, it always felt like Inigo was intended to be Chrom's son. The father/son support really fit each other.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
ChromxOlivia >>>>>>>>>>>> ChromxSumia. The opening CG just decided to throw his first love interest!

50 hours of playtime so far, not including however much time I lost having to restart a mission when that idiot Vaike got iced.

I can't remember the last time I played a game this obsessively... Oh wait, yes I can: Sacred Stones. Hoping Joshua and Cormag will appear in future skirmishes.

Paired up my avatar with Sumia (she's just too cute!) and proceeded to rifle him through five different classes until he had a set of skills that make him untouchable.

Kincaido

Based Anna has been good to me so far on my latest play through with Female Avatar. I have 3 Master Seals and 4 Second Seals at Chapter 7.

Jintor

I think I might have to do a hard no-grinding run to retrieve my xcom iron-man levels of fun

but in the meantime

my ludicrously OP grinding team will run roughshod over my many enemies

CPT MCNUM, WHERE ARE YOU, GET OVER HERE

Omzz

Well that was easy. This is my first Fire Emblem game so I don't really know much at all.

Just realised using second seal helps out the team with restarting and gaining more stats. I just quit once I used master seal and leveled them up till 20 lol. What I was trying to do was changing Say'ri's class from swordmaster to myrmidon. I of course don't know what is ideal to do since I had the notion that changing to a different class would promote other stats which I hadn't concentrated on.

Any advice on whether I should just use second seal for the same class and keep leveling up? Or is it a common pratice to stick with the same class?

Santiako

If a character dies in the final boss, is he gone for good or after beating it does it go to the state before the battle? To know if I should LRStart or just keep going.

If a character dies in the final boss, is he gone for good or after beating it does it go to the state before the battle? To know if I should LRStart or just keep going.

I believe since the game basically reverts back to the save before the final chapter after beating the last chapter (everything stays the same, item use, exp, levels, etc), someone dying wouldn't stay dead.

I guess the only effect is that their ending would change.

MicH

Just recruited Servera and Nah. Nah is a redhead. Looks strange. But she is awesome as always! Really liked her map as well. Wish there were more of that kind.

luokyl

I think I might grab some DLC (the first DLC I've gotten for anything ever).

What's a good first choice?

edit: more importantly, does Nintendo eShop stuff ever have sales? I can wait.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Olivia is also a better character than Sumia, so this is no surprise.
And Inigo is a much more fitting child for Chrom than Cynthia.

Also, I am way too unprepared for the Future DLC. I have a clear file from sometime back in April, and all the children get annihilated in the first turn or so. And don't even get me started on the Radiant Hero spotpass. Might need to grind quite a bit for that.

McNum

Well, decided to forge ahead a bit in the story rather than grind for supports and recruit children... I may be a teeny bit overleveled. At least when enemies begin to have 0% chance of doing 0 damage, you might get that idea.

Chapter 21:
I love it. Such a wonderful dick move. Good old Fire Emblem. Artillery mages outside the map. Well played.
Chapter 22:
Neat, 12 minibosses. And then everyone decided to do critical hits. As for Severa... I brought Virion and a longbow. Yup. Guess how long THAT fight lasted.
Chapter 23:
Ha ha, stupid Validar. You got doublekilled. Once by Chrom, who did a critical hit, of course, and once by Morgan, who did the same. My avatar has such a well-behaved daughter. Hooray, the day is won and Grima will never be revi- oh. Hi me. And also Grima. Which I guess is sort of the same guy. Grima is kind of big. Well, guess I'll just have to bring a BIG sword.

So, you're saying that when I complete the final map, I'll get booted back to right before it? So there's really no reason to recruit all the children first as i can go back, get them, then finish the game for another variant of the ending?

I should probably just blaze on through and beat this thing, then. 54 hours and counting...

CorvoSol

And Inigo is a much more fitting child for Chrom than Cynthia.

Also, I am way too unprepared for the Future DLC. I have a clear file from sometime back in April, and all the children get annihilated in the first turn or so. And don't even get me started on the Radiant Hero spotpass. Might need to grind quite a bit for that.

Inigo is also a better character than Cynthia, soooooo.

Looking at the hotspring's DLC, it seems there are a lot of new conversations.

I need this.

Is this the only DLC with new conversations between the characters or is there more?

Kincaido

Well, just saying Sully is the first of Chrom's potential wives in introduction order not Sumia.

Oh yeah, forgot all about that and I just started replaying the game from the beginning. Shows how much I care about her =P

Cynthia is like Owain.

But without being as awesome/funny like he is and actually being more annoying than anything.

She does have a cool battle quote though.

ohlawd

Lucina's good with either Sumia or Olivia.
Inigo is good no matter what.
Cynthia is screwed up in the ass unless the father is Henry, MU or Chrom.

Chrom x Olivia does provide Inigo with DG+ and Luna. I don't know about you guys, but Luna is a sick skill the more defense the enemy has. It sucks when you're first starting out cuz you're halving 8 defense, for example, into.... 4. That's terrible. But if the enemy has 40 defenses and Luna procs, wow 20 defense. Now that's a major difference. And guess what the later DLC offers.... stronger enemies with high defenses! I don't know jackshit about TSON but all I know is that these enemies have Dragonskin which basically cut damage by half. So with that in mind, Luna just may be the best offensive skill to bring here.

If we don't do Chrom x Olivia, Inigo will lose that and he won't be a truly viable unit to bring into TSON. At least he has Astra.

Lucina will lose Swordfaire and Astra if her mom isn't Olivia. Sumia offers a much more faster Lucy but less strength (two less iirc). Lucy doesn't even need those skills. She should be a supporting Great Lord or Paladin with a Brave Lance and Dual Strike+

Cynthia. Cynthia is an awful unit but probably the best in bed. With the way she is, she's arguably the worst kid in the game. She can't tank properly cuz she has no reliable way to heal outside Renewal. But we can salvage her if her dad is Chrom. We give her Aether, add in Luna and she's now a decent unit. MU is self explanatory. He makes any kid good. Henry gives Sorcerer and Cynthia has access to Tomefaire all on her own.

Chrom should get Sumia, Olivia should whoever else you want her to get (no, that's terrible advice but whatevs >_>)

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Jesus, my brady is a magical beast.

Galeforce and tomefaire is one hell of a combination.

Also maribelle is actually one hell of a dark flier, because her initial magic is a lot stronger than most pegasus knights. Decided to reclass her back to valkyrie though, because I barely use spears with her and healing is a lot more useful.

Draxal

*hums*

I have a hard time juggling between Cynthia and Severa as my favorite character.

Just gotta lay out the facts. Cynthia, as a unit, sucks majorly.

She's fine with Henry/Chrom as a dad; hell Gaius if you pass down sol. Not the best; but not the worst (I think Yarne is hi beast weakness + no dual support/galeforce).

Top Bottom