• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT2| PAL reinforcements

Way to many close calls for the harder path in Apotheosis before I finished it.

Next time, I'm definitely bringing in another Rallybot and perhaps a flier.

C.T.

So, I just ordered this game (without even playing the demo) since I finished LM2. This will be my first FE, but I played AW:DoR and a few other TBS games. Hopefully it lives up to the reviews and this thread! I hope to find some assistance here, should I get my empty head stuck between the bars...

You did the right thing. Sure we'll help.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Future of Despair 3 was such a cakewalk with my team lol. I really enjoyed it though. That ending.

Cameo in next FE believe Kincaido :p

btw can anyone type out the strats for the last dlc?

One rally bot and then what?

Forged braves vs legendaries ?

etc

I want to believe ;_;

Espada

Awesome, I went into the barracks today and Ricken got a whole bunch of perks because it was his birthday.

BTW, I just did that fort mission and got boots. Who should I use them on?

Kincaido

Hearing Severa say "Just die already." while attacking with a Brave Sword when Astra activates is adorable.

Awesome, I went into the barracks today and Ricken got a whole bunch of perks because it was his birthday.

BTW, I just did that fort mission and got boots. Who should I use them on?

Whoever you want really. You only get one in the main game though so I'd use it on one of your best units that you know that you will always use.

McNum

So, I was playing a bit with the character viewer and music player, and I just realized something. (Final Boss Music spoiler)
Not a lot of games have an accordion as lead instrument for the final boss music. Even fewer make it work. Yet for Id (Purpose) it does.
That's kind of weird, but neat.

Hey I have a question guys; is hardmode in fire emblem awakening really the standard series difficulty? while lunatic is very hard and normal is easy?

Well, the standard series has changed a lot. It got harder and harder until FE5, which was harder than Awakening's hard on Normal. Then they wanted to introduce the series to the west, so the games got really easy until FE10, which mistranslated the difficulty levels to make it harder for Americans.

All in all I think Awakening's Normal is below average difficulty, and Hard is slightly above.

McNum

Normal goes a little easy on you, but the AI still has the usual Fire Emblem spitefulness going on. The enemy units just don't have the stats to punish more than the biggest blunders. But if you make one, they will.

Andrew J.

Just finished the third Future Past chapter, and...

itsraining_zps65b51b1c.jpg

Hey guys, random question about the DLC in this game (in general)

Do DLC maps scale to what difficulty you're playing or are they a set difficulty?

Like if I were playing Lunatic mode would these maps be virtually impossible compared to normal mode? I'm just curious how hard say, the new super hard DLC maps would be on the hard setting compared to the normal setting. Also curious if they're seen as impossibly hard on lunatic if they do indeed scale.

Chrom

Hey guys, random question about the DLC in this game (in general)

Do DLC maps scale to what difficulty you're playing or are they a set difficulty?

Like if I were playing Lunatic mode would these maps be virtually impossible compared to normal mode? I'm just curious how hard say, the new super hard DLC maps would be on the hard setting compared to the normal setting. Also curious if they're seen as impossibly hard on lunatic if they do indeed scale.

Most of them do in fact scale with your difficulty level. DLC like Apotheosis doesn't, though.

TWILT

Banned
Wow at the ending to Future Past 3. Just...wow.
dhMeAzK.gif

Of course I had to let MY Lucina land the final blow.

Now to proceed to get my ass kicked in the Apotheosis. :D

Kincaido

The difference between easy and hard Apotheosis is huge lol. Such a shame that the prize is not so good.

Busaiku

I still haven't done the Challenge Pack, any of the Scrambles, or Future Past.
I figure I'm gonna plow my way through Apotheosis and then complete the story DLC.

ohlawd

ahhhhhhh crap can't believe I even made that far into hard path Apotheosis with my Waifu Army.

Brought like.... 15 waifus and 4 husbando-Dread Fighters and Chrom, this useless idiot. The one time I curse the Bride weapon set. Yeah sure, the only ranged weapons I can use is are Brave Bows or Gradivus (this one actually sucks here, can you believe it?)

I forgot to drug up my team before I started (Tonics if you don't know). Forgot to switch out some useless skills.

Only people on my team that could double the Sniper leaders and Goddess Anna were my Severa w/ Cordelia and Cynthia w/ Lucina. Lon'qu!Severa sucks terribly here if she isn't a Sorcerer. Lack of Luna ruins her combat potential.

Met my end at the last wave where I stupidly used a Rescue on a unit and they ended up being within range of a Sniper. I don't know. I guess I can reclass everyone into their best classes, cheese the DLC and then reclass back to Waifu class. But I don't want to do that ;_;

Hopefully I can get some decent grinding done on the weekend for my FeMU file.

Draxal

I've heard that Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars is fundamentally similar to this game.

That and the devil survivor series (devil survivor overclocked and the upcoming devil survivor 2 break record). These are all also megaten games, so they have the typical megaten trappings.

GWX

So, yeah... I just caved in and bought this; it's now downloading (crawling, I hate my 1mbps connection). My first Fire Emblem. What am I in for?

Stoze

Alright guys, I'm about to boot this game up for the first time. Never played an FE before, and I haven't even played a grid-based strategy game since Advance Wars and Final Fantasy Tactics Advance, and I don't remember if I finished those. I'm assuming playing on Normal and non-permadeath would probably be best for a newbie?

There were definitely some parts of Devil Survivor I didn't like. Like really really suggesting you use certain demons, stupid NPCs, the battle system got pretty boring midway, stupid NPCs, how easy it was to break the battle system, stupid NPCs.

Chrom

So, yeah... I just caved in and bought this; it's now downloading (crawling, I hate my 1mbps connection). My first Fire Emblem. What am I in for?

Magnificence.

Alright guys, I'm about to boot this game up for the first time. Never played an FE before, and I haven't even played a grid-based strategy game since Advance Wars and Final Fantasy Tactics Advance, and I don't remember if I finished those. I'm assuming playing on Normal and non-permadeath would probably be best for a newbie?

Sure!

ohlawd

There were definitely some parts of Devil Survivor I didn't like. Like really really suggesting you use certain demons, stupid NPCs, the battle system got pretty boring midway, stupid NPCs, how easy it was to break the battle system, stupid NPCs.

Which demons if you'd like to clarify? To me, the game was your standard SMT game - don't keep your demons too long, keep fusing! So with that, I never kept a demon for too long.

NPCs - you mean the random civilians? That's a given lol, artificial challenge ;o

Battle system - Drain and making a glass cannon Magic MC nuke? Going physical was viable in that game. This was flipped in DS2 where physical > magical MC. Multistrike... wtf.

Which demons if you'd like to clarify? To me, the game was your standard SMT game - don't keep your demons too long, keep fusing! So with that, I never kept a demon for too long.

NPCs - you mean the random civilians? That's a given lol, artificial challenge ;o

Battle system - Drain and making a glass cannon Magic MC nuke? Going physical was viable in that game. This was flipped in DS2 where physical > magical MC. Multistrike... wtf.

I do remember that especially when saving the NPCs or reaching a goal in time, certain races of demons were much more encouraged to be used than others due to their racial skills.

It did feel like the game was taunting me for not using certain races of demons.

Fireblend

Banned
So guys, let's talk DLC (I think that's already what's being discussed here?).

What do I get? I care most about story and least about stats/weird items/etc...

Kincaido

So guys, let's talk DLC (I think that's already what's being discussed here?).

What do I get? I care most about story and least about stats/weird items/etc...

Future of Despair. Err Future Past Pack.

God, I hate that name.

ohlawd

I do remember that especially when saving the NPCs or reaching a goal in time, certain races of demons were much more encouraged to be used than others due to their racial skills.

It did feel like the game was taunting me for not using certain races of demons.

Oj yeah now I see what you mean. Some racial skills are so good it shames the others. Gets even worse in DS2 :/

first play through completed...I found it hard to put down this game. I love it so much right now, Anna too!

Sounds good to me.

Apotheosis Wave 3 is where the alternate route takes off the kids gloves. Geeeeez...

Katarina has some really nice art, also shadow gift which is pretty cool. Figure I'll level her up and make her the 20th unit for the map.

ohlawd

I don't know what to do with my life anymore. Thursdays will never be the same.

I never thought I'd live long enough to see TSON release.

good lawd there is now a giant void in my schedule. What do I do? I have a huge backlog but I could not give two shits about it.

Fuck you InstSys, for this $44.79 crack you gave me.

Top Bottom