• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT2| PAL reinforcements

Chrom

Well, if it means anything, it shouldn't be until July 11th that the Bonus Box will complete in North America.

I don't know what to do with my life anymore. Thursdays will never be the same.

Support grinding! For each version you have!

Every piece of DLC purchased. Not one single regret felt.

I love you Fire Emblem.

Haha same. Even if I haven't touched the later half of them.

Well, if it means anything, it shouldn't be until July 11th that the Bonus Box will complete in North America.

Are we just waiting for the rest of the legacy weapons to be slowly released?

Chrom

I actually played Double Duel and believe it or not I really enjoy it. Shame that I lost touch with the one person who was willing to play, we never stuck around for the last few sets of SpotPass challengers.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
I never thought I'd live long enough to see TSON release.

good lawd there is now a giant void in my schedule. What do I do? I have a huge backlog but I could not give two shits about it.

Fuck you InstSys, for this $44.79 crack you gave me.

Yeah, I have a lot of games I haven't started yet or need to beat. I just want more FE though ;_;

Turok_TTZ

done all dlc. Now entering a life without new FE. So scary someone hold me T___T
theres still that smt x FE for wii u coming in the near future. until then as for me, I will just keep playing awakening or revisit the classics like FE6 or trying shadow dragon in lunatic mode for the sake of lunatic mode.

one can never play enough FE.

ohlawd

theres still that smt x FE for wii u coming in the near future. until then as for me, I will just keep playing awakening or revisit the classics like FE6 or trying shadow dragon in lunatic mode for the sake of lunatic mode.

one can never play enough FE.

Hopefully gameplay is more SMT than FE. But give me supports between characters of both series, I would be sooo down for that.

McNum

Today I realized that I've been missing the obvious.

On the title screen, in the background, spanning both screens... is the Fire Emblem. I just noticed this today.

Also, what male units is it that give Pegasus knight to their potential daughters? I know it's Donnel and... Gaius? Or was it Ricken?

On the title screen, in the background, spanning both screens... is the Fire Emblem. I just noticed this today.

Also, what male units is it that give Pegasus knight to their potential daughters? I know it's Donnel and... Gaius? Or was it Ricken?

Donnel, Gaius and Avatar.

Kincaido

Male MU, Gaius, Donnel.

TWILT

Banned
Donnel, Gaius and the Avatar give the Pegasus Knight class to their daughters if they don't already have it.

EDIT: Triple beaten.

ohlawd

Donnel is a nice father since he gives both Peg. Knight and Mercenary to his daughters. Too bad his mods suck for almost all the kids.

Gaius gives Peg. Knight but no Armsthrift.

Gregor gives Armsthrift, misses out on Peg. Knight.

Kincaido

Donnel is a nice father since he gives both Peg. Knight and Mercenary to his daughters. Too bad his mods suck for almost all the kids.

Gaius gives Peg. Knight but no Armsthrift.

Gregor gives Armsthrift, misses out on Peg. Knight.

I'm seriously considering marrying Lissa off the Gregor to give Owain Armsthrift. It's been useless on that Yarne kid since I never use him. Feels kinda nasty giving Lissa to him though.

I like you and all Gregor, but damn you are hella old compared to everyone else.

McNum

Right. So it'd be a good plan to get Gaius and/or Donnel paired up with Sully, Tharja, or Nowi.

I didn't use Gaius much in the first game, so he's up for a go this time around. Donnel/Nowi was cute in the first game, but someone else gets the little dragon this time. I'm sure she and Gaius could agree on eating tons of candy, but I'm not sure if that's the final plan.

Donnel/Sully sounds like something that's either really boring or hilarious. Meaning i have to see it happen. Sully/Stahl is a little too dull for me to jump from A to S. Even if they already have the points.

One of them will have to go without, though, as this game has a female avatar. Who's already S ranked to Chrom. That whole C-S series was hilariously awkward on Chrom's part. I like Chrom a lot better after seeing him with perpetual foot-in-mouth syndrome. He's kind of cute like that.

Lucina is going to be so overpowered now... Why, yes, I do want a Lucina with access to pretty much every skill in the game. And it's the only way male Morgan has a sister, anyway. I wonder what support will take precedence. Lucina with a sibling, or Morgan with a sibling...

As for Lissa, she's up to A with Vaike mostly from healing his ghastly head injuries. That's just too funny not to pursue to the end. Every map. Vake gets hurt, Lissa runs up and heals him. Next turn, Vaike gets hurt worse, Lissa runs up and heals him. Like clockwork. True love that.

I'm seriously considering marrying Lissa off the Gregor to give Owain Armsthrift. It's been useless on that Yarne kid since I never use him. Feels kinda nasty giving Lissa to him though.

I like you and all Gregor, but damn you are hella old compared to everyone else.

Just ignore the parents once you get Owain.

Donnel/Sully sounds like something that's either really boring or hilarious. Meaning i have to see it happen.

It's really boring.

ohlawd

Gregor x Nowi really does make sense after all.

Yeah if you're on a FeMU run, one of those will have to be... left out :/

I did Nowi x Kellam again.

McNum

Aw, I hoped Donnel/Sully would be fun. Well, I can't see Donnel/Tharja be boring in any way. I half expect him to think she's a witch and needs to be burned... And Aptitude Noire sounds fun.

One bonus is that if I go with Vaike/Lissa I get to see Owain and Vaike support as father/son. That cannot be boring.

Also, I see Sumia is rather limited when Chrom is spoken for... but she works pretty well with a Frederick in her back pocket in battle, so that'll probably just happen. His +Str and +Def Pair Up bonuses is exactly what she wants and her +Spd back at him is nice, too. I can't see that would be bad for Cynthia, anyway. Cynthia looks like she's tough to mess up.

One bonus is that if I go with Vaike/Lissa I get to see Owain and Vaike support as father/son. That cannot be boring.

Just a fair warning, the father and children supports are all the same expect with some small changes in the father's dialogue, so don't expect it to be completely different.

Also, ew at Vaike/Lissa.

McNum

Well, last game was Henry/Lissa. That one was weird... I'm not actually sure who would be good with her, personality wise. She's an odd one. Fun, but odd.

And I kind of expected the parent conversations to be the same, mostly. I wonder what nicknames the other dads have for Cynthia or if they're all Pega-Pony-Princess. Chrom is... surprisingly goofy sometimes.

Just out of curiosity... are there any supports with Sully or Stahl that are must-sees? Sully/Vaike was fun, but that was pretty much Vaike being crazy and her being the straight-woman. Classic setup, but does Sully ever get... silly? Stahl just seems so mellow, I almost want to throw Nowi at him and see what happens...

Just out of curiosity... are there any supports with Sully or Stahl that are must-sees? Sully/Vaike was fun, but that was pretty much Vaike being crazy and her being the straight-woman. Classic setup, but does Sully ever get... silly? Stahl just seems so mellow, I almost want to throw Nowi at him and see what happens...

inb4 I don't want to go to jail.

I did like Stahl and Lissa. They bonded and it was a pretty nice dialogue they had going on with each other.

Moonlight

Banned
Stahl and Sully was always a nice support, I thought. Funny, since I never really used either of them on my first playthrough.

Honestly, it's weird how far up my opinion of Stahl has gone after my first impression of him. Dude's pretty cool.

McNum

inb4 I don't want to go to jail.

I did like Stahl and Lissa. They bonded and it was a pretty nice dialogue they had going on with each other.
I had a few false starts with Lissa in the previous games. Relationships I thought might work, but turned out rather... bleh. Lon'qu was at least a bit interesting, but actually Vaike seems like he's the one that fits best of the bunch I've tried so far.

I had Stahl go with Maribelle last game. That was a little... boring. "Stahl, do you have a dream?" "I don't have a dream." "Shall we have tea?" "Now I have a dream. It's helping you fulfill your dream! Marry me?" "Okay." I think there's a better option for a fun support for both of them this time.

Stahl is actually pretty nice, yes. His thing is that he's the big teamplayer, as far as I can tell. The "Go team!" guy who takes little glory himself. Admirable, but kind of dull in this bunch of rag-tag misfits.

Jintor

I liked the way Vaike and Maribelle's started, it was like the only support where Vaike seemed halfway serious. It kind of meh'd up near the end though. Brady is a perfect result of Vaike and Maribelle though.

I had a few false starts with Lissa in the previous games. Relationships I thought might work, but turned out rather... bleh. Lon'qu was at least a bit interesting, but actually Vaike seems like he's the one that fits best of the bunch I've tried so far.

Stahl is actually pretty nice, yes. His thing is that he's the big teamplayer, as far as I can tell. The "Go team!" guy who takes little glory himself. Admirable, but kind of dull in this bunch of rag-tag misfits.

I only just started Lissa x Lon'qu but it could seem amusing mostly to play on both their character's quirks.

Yeah, I like Stahl. He doesn't stand out but he does have pretty good depth as a character.

Dresden

I still feel bad for Frederick if he goes with Cordelia,
it's so cold. GIVE ME TIME AND I MIGHT LOVE YOU LIKE I LOVE CHROM.

Married off Gaius to Maribelle recently and I thought that was surprisingly sweet.

Dresden

I did Lissa X Lon'qu first go around, no regrets. Although it's kinda of redundant for Owain. Not enough Lon'qu to go around.

I got up to rank A on Lissa x Lon'qu, it was like a romance novel. Then I read that his genes are god-tier.

Sorry, Lissa.

Oxx

I finally got around to completing the Club Nintendo survey.

There are three questions that are basically consist of: 'Tell us how awesome the game is'. By the time I got to the last one it was just one-word answers from me.

Oxx

I didn't really pay much attention to genetically engineering the children. They seem like beasts compared to the parents regardless.

I did make sure three of the babs had galeforce, though.

Jintor

We just got the Infinite Regalia DLC. Whoops accidentally killed the boss ending the map before I looted the shit out of the treasure. Poor Dreadlords, super lonely.

I lost my shit when they gave me the silver card though. A+, 8-4, would translate again.

Finally got around to downloading Apotheosis. I must become the God of Conquest.
kaminomi_2.jpg

Will spend the day in Disney World attempting to dent it.

I can't believe the era of DLC is over, guys. We need more Fire Emblem soon!

McNum

Meanwhile in Europe...

"I hope Lost Bloodlines starts up next week since it didn't this week. I wonder if Dread Fighter is worth the hype? I guess I'll find out in June, maybe."

Fireblend

Banned
So guys, how much do I have to grind to be able to play through the Future Past and Scramble DLC packs? For reference, I already beat the game; the only mission I'm missing is the very last paralogue
Priam's
, and I get my ass handed back to me everytime I attempt it.
KuGsj.gif

Jintor

I still don't understand why they took so goddamn long to bring it out here. In PAL anyway! I'm pretty sure I don't have language options here...

Jintor

But they didn't need to do that for Australia :T

We're multicultural, but we're not that multicultural. Stupid region thingy. Don't know why we're not just folded into the US, it makes about as much sense as Nintendo of EU...

Top Bottom