• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT2| PAL reinforcements

So guys, how much do I have to grind to be able to play through the Future Past and Scramble DLC packs? For reference, I already beat the game; the only mission I'm missing is the very last paralogue
Priam's
, and I get my ass handed back to me everytime I attempt it.
KuGsj.gif

Scramble: None.

Future Past: At your stage, probably none or a small amount.

Are Naga Tiki tears supposed to be mega-rare? The only one I found was from a streetpass team that liked Bow Knights a little too much (as in Mercenary > Bow Knight *facepalm*) so I bought it and didn't fight that team. I hope they appreciate my Door key and chest key :lol:

We're multicultural, but we're not that multicultural. Stupid region thingy. Don't know why we're not just folded into the US, it makes about as much sense as Nintendo of EU...
PAL TVs meant on the console side you were allied to Europe and I guess the Wii shop stuff was handled by NOE and subsequent systems followed suit.

Australia used to get American hand-held games though...sometimes with the OFLC stickers on top of ESRB ratings...but those systems were region free.

But going back in history. Its odd, I know Australia used to get some PAL N64 games months before Europe and in English only. Plus there was Animal Crossing about a year before Europe. Oh and DSiWare/eShop exclusive Snapdots...
The point I'm trying to make is Nintendo have done it but Nintendo Australia don't seem to be that bothered anymore and are content with releasing European games a month or so late...

Finalow

so
Emmeryn dies in any case, right? No point of having a choiche just before that then, seriously.

also, are dlcs worth it?

NeonZ

Hopefully gameplay is more SMT than FE. But give me supports between characters of both series, I would be sooo down for that.

Personally, I think FE characters with SMT gameplay would be kind of pointless. FE completely changes the cast and setting almost every game. Making a game where you play as a small number of FE characters or an FE/SMT mix in a different RPG system seems just pointless. I don't see what would be the appeal to either FE or SMT fans.

I guess it could work if you're talking about SMT in more general terms - and include Devil Survivor, but even then I think Fire Emblem's larger cast and number of units would be better for a crossover. Besides, the trailer only had mainline SMT...

On the other hand, taking SMT's mythological mix conflict, by itself or mixed with a Fire Emblem setting, and adding Fire Emblem's gameplay to that could be fun, I think. The elemental weakness and status effects from SMT also easily could be added to FE's sytem without changing core elements.

Chrom

Are Naga tears supposed to be mega-rare? The only one I found was from a streetpass team that liked Bow Knights a little too much (as in Mercenary > Bow Knight *facepalm*) so I bought it and didn't fight that team. I hope they appreciate my Door key and chest key :lol:

I believe so, yeah. Other than Renown, the game only ever gives you one, so you're left with having to rely on StreetPass if you want more because I don't think you can get it through random occurrences.

so
Emmeryn dies in any case, right? No point of having a choiche just before that then, seriously.

In Chapter 9, you mean? If so,
yeah, Emmeryn suffers the same fate regardless of your choice, but I personally like that the game forces you into believing otherwise, since it's not like the game tells you so.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I believe so, yeah. Other than Renown, the game only ever gives you one, so you're left with having to rely on StreetPass if you want more because I don't think you can get it through random occurrences.

Can you get those through streetpass? I'd have assumed they were like boots and not obtainable that way.

Draxal

Ultimate Emblem/Boots are the only items in the game that you can only 2 copies of (reknown gets you the second of each).

Fisico

So my save tell me I have played 86h, I'm at the last chapter but I don't even care about finishing the game and just want to level up my characters so all their stats are green and their five skills top tier in order to crush anyone who would try to kick my ass after streetpassing me

(and of course nine out of my ten characters are children, the tenth being my avatar)

Am I the only one doing that :( ? (Hard mode / classical)

also, are dlcs worth it?
It depends on what do you wish to experience. Do you want to tackle Apotheosis? Then you'll definitely need to get some select DLC's that allow you to get Iote's Shield (if you have flying units), maybe Paragon if you're impatient, and definitely Limit Breaker. If you want the two DLC classes, Bride and Dread Fighter, you need to get another two DLC's. If you just want to experience more conversations and story, then you need to get the Scramble and Future of Despair Packs.

Got my Fire Emblem decals from GameThemedThings :)
Are those Matte or Gloss Ice Blue? I've been wanting to get them for quite some time, and now that I saw the pictures I think I'll finally bite buuut I don't know what to choose.

Chrom

So my save tell me I have played 86h, I'm at the last chapter but I don't even care about finishing the game and just want to level up my characters so all their stats are green and their five skills top tier in order to crush anyone who would try to kick my ass after streetpassing me

(and of course nine out of my ten characters are children, the tenth being my avatar)

Am I the only one doing that :( ? (Hard mode / classical)

I thought a lot of people did that.

I think I made a mistake

Sorry guys, I got it wrong. I just checked it is a Tiki's tear I received.

Ah, okay. Still makes sense to me that they wouldn't let you continuously buy more Naga's Tear, but I've never tested it myself.

Been thoroughly addicted to the game, 75% through a mostly straightforward hard/classic run. At the point where I feel like finalizing marriage of my current battle-scarred veteran to those that I really like and with a mature aspect, primarily wide-support Cherche, avatar-only Say'ri, or possibly white-haired tactics-loving (if less mature) Severa.

That's right, I went Henry/Cordelia just for the yuks. Henry scripted as a surprisingly good father though. More seriously, I hooked up Gaius with Sully for the galeforce Kjelle inheritance and also to help clear the way for what would later be Chrom/Olivia.

Final character note: Didn't use him first game, but Gregor is good guy. Good grievings, might even step aside and let him get on job with Cherche.

Fisico

I thought a lot of people did that.

Well my point was mostly about doing that on my first (and only, as I'm not a fan of new game+) playthrough, many of my friends did a ton of level up but it was in their second or third playthrough.
Regarding the skills >90% of the players I met in streetpass didn't seem to care (or know) about it, sure they levelled up their characters but that's all.

Draxal

You can't get a second copy of the Ultimate Emblem by redoing the DLC over and over (not like you ever really need to)?

honestly, I might be mistaking that with Naga's tear.

Been thoroughly addicted to the game, 75% through a mostly straightforward hard/classic run. At the point where I feel like finalizing marriage of my current battle-scarred veteran to those that I really like and with a mature aspect, primarily wide-support Cherche, avatar-only Say'ri, or possibly white-haired tactics-loving (if less mature) Severa.

That's right, I went Henry/Cordelia just for the yuks. Henry scripted as a surprisingly good father though. More seriously, I hooked up Gaius with Sully for the galeforce Kjelle inheritance and also to help clear the way for what would later be Chrom/Olivia.

Final character note: Didn't use him first game, but Gregor is good guy. Good grievings, might even step aside and let him get on job with Cherche.

Henry/Cordelia is decent, but the problem with that pairing is that it wastes Henry's best ability as a dad (the ability to pass down the dark mage class). Did you pass down Axefaire to Severa?

Henry/Cordelia is decent, but the problem with that pairing is that it wastes Henry's best ability as a dad (the ability to pass down the dark mage class). Did you pass down Axefaire to Severa?

No doubt useful for an axe-wielder. But I initially had planned using a Severa via Gregor for eventual swordmaster (don't want black-haired Severa so no LQ). I then switched partly on whim to Henry for probably assassin in the end. Assassin seems quite good in this game, what with Sully as such being my game mvp so far, aside from my own Berserker.

So I forgot about axefaire. I think I gave Severa an early Lifetaker along with the Galeforce. She is primarily a Hero in my other game, and temporarily shaking dem hips as a Trickster in this one.

Marche90

Kinda late to the party, but I finally finished Future Past 3

DAMN!! That ending! ;_;

Absolutely loved this, and I'm sad that we got all the map packs. Third season, please, IntSys!

Also, I'm joining the club. I don't know what to do with my life anymore :T
at least until we get SMTIV here

Three hours in to this game and I think I'm just going to start over on casual. The perfectionist in me just makes me restart each time somebody dies. No point to classic mode if I'm just going to reset anyway. If it autosaved immediately upon someone dying I would prefer it and would commit to the deaths but then again I guess I should just commit to it regardless. I guess when given the choice it's hard to let somebody die.

TWILT

Banned
Beat Apotheosis' easy path. Wasn't too bad even though I kept being dumb and putting Sumia in front of an archer (and forgetting to switch to Chrom) so I had to reset like 3 times at the 5th battle. >_> Rally bots were hella useful though.

I'll tackle the hard path later.

Finalow

In Chapter 9, you mean? If so,
yeah, Emmeryn suffers the same fate regardless of your choice, but I personally like that the game forces you into believing otherwise, since it's not like the game tells you so.
true that but still I was kinda disappointed.

Got my Fire Emblem decals from GameThemedThings :)
it's great.

I'd say the bulk of the DLC is not, unless you just really want extra maps or the DLC characters over the spotpass ones.

The later DLC offers some post-game challenges, and some of the other DLC offers useful rewards.

Commented more on that in this post.
ok, thanks.

ohlawd

Making a game where you play as a small number of FE characters or an FE/SMT mix in a different RPG system seems just pointless. I don't see what would be the appeal to either FE or SMT fans.

that's exactly what I want lol.

Throw some stuff from FE and SMT, throw it into a pot and mix that up.

TWILT

Banned
GODDAMNIT. I'm stuck on the 4th battle of the hard mode of Apotheosis. Effing ten turn time limit and effing boss with the most ridiculous stats... >_>

I'll try again this weekend when I'm less salty. Guess my Awakening journey isn't going to end quite yet...

I'll try that out thanks. I feel like a newbie again lol. I gotta get use to the new features.

Edit: And what determines if the back paired unit will attack also?

Their support level with that unit. An S rank (AKA married) with that unit has a 80-90% chance of a dual attack.

I'll try that out thanks. I feel like a newbie again lol. I gotta get use to the new features.

Edit: And what determines if the back paired unit will attack also?

It also depends on the two units combined points in skill. The higher your two unit's skill are and the higher their support rankings are means more DUAL STRIKE!

GamerSoul

Their support level with that unit. An S rank (AKA married) with that unit has a 80-90% chance of a dual attack.

It also depends on the two units combined points in skill. The higher your two unit's skill are and the higher their support rankings are means more DUAL STRIKE!

Awesome awesome. I think I'm getting the hang of the pairing system. Sullykins + MU is kicking ass right now. :

Busaiku

Ok, so had to Bookmark, but I made it to the Sorceror in Secret Path.
Took out the boss, but still have the mounted units to deal with.
I think I should be ok though, besides the Aether, none of them are too scary.

The Sniper was ridiculous though, and looking at the boss data, Anna doesn't even seem as scary.
I reset a couple times on that part.
But then again, I'm sure she'll come with like 100 enemies or something...

ohlawd

Keep in mind the Sniper leaders don't have Counter.

My favorite enemy are the Sages. "Hey guys don't mind me. I do 1-4 damage with Celica's Gale based on the combat forecast but I actually do about 50-60 damage total thanks to Luna+."

Busaiku

The Snipers were worse with Luna+.
Freaking Counter.

Well, then again, I haven't encountered the Sages yet, I guess they're coming with the next boss or Anna.

And then those Paladin guys or whatever did a ridiculous amount of damage.
Thankfully they were slow, but those and the Snipers were what made that part really hard.

Draxal

Ok, so had to Bookmark, but I made it to the Sorceror in Secret Path.
Took out the boss, but still have the mounted units to deal with.
I think I should be ok though, besides the Aether, none of them are too scary.

The Sniper was ridiculous though, and looking at the boss data, Anna doesn't even seem as scary.
I reset a couple times on that part.
But then again, I'm sure she'll come with like 100 enemies or something...

Anna is insanely scary a spear+++ and aether every time, my best unit right now is a sniper Noire using Luna with a double bow, she's pretty much carrying the team.

so has anyone actually gotten the supreme emblem from the dlc yet

Got it, was a complete pita with a nonoptimized (aka not carrying 50 sorcerors). Sniper Noire with Luna carried the team as a Luna Double bow still really really hurts.

so has anyone actually gotten the supreme emblem from the dlc yet

I did by abusing the hell out of my Sorceror team with their forged Aversa Night's, Ruins, and Wastes.

Only problem I had was keeping the non Sorceror's alive (Priam/Lissa/Chrom/Lucy/etc), which turned out to be a blessing since Priam was able to tank and land the final blow to Anna with that Lancebreaker of his.

demidar

I still don't understand why they took so goddamn long to bring it out here. In PAL anyway! I'm pretty sure I don't have language options here...

Yeah but PAL gets Project X Zone demo. Or does that exclude Australia for some dumb reason?

E: Didn't realize there was a whole 'nother page when replying.

Dresden

Started a lunatic/classic game and was getting mauled in chapter 2, until Freddy dodged a fatal blow, found an Eirika's blade, and then proceeded to murder everything. Based rng. The next two chapters went fast with no resets.

GamerSoul

This game is addicting. My Sully is turning out nice, I see sworsmaster in her future. And damn the sizes of some of these stages I can't strategize well with all that area to cover lol.

Oxx

I've finally recruited all the children.

Poor Yarne. By the time I got around to creating him there were no good baby-daddies left and I couldn't be bothered to get any good skills for him to inherit.

Top Bottom