• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT2| PAL reinforcements

So after I'm done with my exams I'm going to finally pick this game up, been looking forward to playing this since it released.

Now I've played pretty much every FE out there, and I'm sure the game will explain the new mechanics just fine, but is there anything I need to keep my eye out for? I already know about the marrying and children.

I think I'm going to just pick my favorite characters and pairings the first time around and try to keep my perfectionist self from emerging.

They gonna take Ike out? Because Marth has blue hair, Ike has blue hair and Chrom has blue hair. People gonna think everyone in Fire Emblem has blue hair (Roy is a long time ago).

Eirika and Ephraim have blue hair, Hector has blue hair, Lucina has blue hair, Alm has... blue, the FE4 dudes have blue hair...

Leif has brown hair, Lyn and Elincia have green hair, Micaiah has silver hair, Celica has red hair, and of course Eliwood and Roy have red hair.

10 and 7, that's more even than I thought it would be.

Kuntz

Bought it.

Enjoying it !

The support system is way better than the former one which was like leave the boss alive and wait 80 turns with your units close to each other...

Also : those goddamn lips ! Be my wife Sully

In chapter 6 right now. Most badass unit : Yei something, kills everything in one turn, huge critical chance.

Chrom

Eirika and Ephraim have blue hair, Hector has blue hair, Lucina has blue hair, Alm has... blue, the FE4 dudes have blue hair...

Leif has brown hair, Lyn and Elincia have green hair, Micaiah has silver hair, Celica has red hair, and of course Eliwood and Roy have red hair.

10 and 7, that's more even than I thought it would be.

I think Alm was always meant to have green hair going by his original and DLC artwork. It's only within the actual FE2 where it's shown as blue.

Just unlocked Severa and I went and did the chapter with the 12 dudes (22 maybe?). So I threw Lon'qu in the middle of 4 of them forgetting they had forged Brave weapons, terrible idea. He's clinging to life when the last dude rolls up with 70% hit chance. Somehow he dodges the first hit and on the second I'm like, " Well, shit" Then Severa jumps in the way and blocks that shit like a fucking G. Didn't do any of her supports either. That's love yo

demidar

Just unlocked Severa and I went and did the chapter with the 12 dudes (22 maybe?). So I threw Lon'qu in the middle of 4 of them forgetting they had forged Brave weapons, terrible idea. He's clinging to life when the last dude rolls up with 70% hit chance. Somehow he dodges the first hit and on the second I'm like, " Well, shit" Then Severa jumps in the way and blocks that shit like a fucking G. Didn't do any of her supports either. That's love yo

Now kiss!

Draxal

Heh, well I wanted to do something different. The first game is my power game. This one is going to run more on feeling. And -HP seemed like it could be fun to go for. It'll cap at 80 no matter what I choose. And Seraph Robes being common... isn't that an argument FOR choosing -HP?

The final modifier for max stats for this is: -1 Str, +3 Mag, +2 Spd, -1 Luck, -1 Def, +1 Res.

I don't see how that's bad. Especially for a magic focused avatar.

I take it that's you? Well good work. Made me laugh more than once. The in-battle quotes are great, too.

Tiki's line to Anna about "Pursuing a different career in food services" in the A support is probably my favorite, though. Tiki is so sweet... except when she's scary, then she can make anything sound scary.

It's bad as it affects the base stats/growth rate as well. In my mind anything goes in a normal hard playthrough; but some optimizing is needed for a lunatic run, and the optimizing isn't for the max stats, it's for the base stats/growth rate (+speed so you can start doubling instead of being doubled asap).

Macka

I'm having terrible luck with level up growths :/

I'd much rather gain points with each level up to spend on improving stats. Although I guess that would make every character the same...but there has to be a better way than this. I hate that it's such a luck based element.

demidar

I'm having terrible luck with level up growths :/

I'd much rather gain points with each level up to spend on improving stats. Although I guess that would make every character the same...but there has to be a better way than this. I hate that it's such a luck based element.

Normally if you get bad stat rolls, you would just restart. 'Tis the Fire Emblem way.

It's not as bad in Awakening though since you can grind. You can't in most other FE games.

Macka

Normally if you get bad stat rolls, you would just restart. 'Tis the Fire Emblem way.
Normally I would just reset, but I'm doing that enough as it is due to characters dying. Seriously, enemies seem to crit much more often in this game others in the series.

I'm finding Awakening much harder than FE7. I've just gotten to the point where Risen are appearing on the world map, and they are at level ~12 while my highest unit is level 10, so even grinding isn't easy.

Pau

I don't know if I can go back to resetting for bad level ups. Awakening and its reclass system spoiled me. :C

Oh right, Happy Birthday, Ricken, everyone's favorite shota.

In other news, MU and Donnel's supports are so dull, dull, dull.

Hook, trap
Trap, hook
Yay, we suck at cooking!

Hey I have a question guys; is hardmode in fire emblem awakening really the standard series difficulty? while lunatic is very hard and normal is easy?

Draxal

Hey I have a question guys; is hardmode in fire emblem awakening really the standard series difficulty? while lunatic is very hard and normal is easy?

Yes, although the difficulty in this game is alot easier to break than in the earlier fire emblems.

I really loved Future Past 3; that was a really great ending to that mini dlc.

demidar

Ok thank you, was hard ever really "hard" and or did you have to grind out alot?

I grinded a lot because I wanted to use lots of different characters and to get as many support conversations as possible, but if you just stuck to the same stable of characters you wouldn't need to grind.

Finalow

started it today, played for like 3 hours. Sully is already gone, lol.
characters are ... meh. and I'm not sure if the name of the sword that Marth has is a "minimum" spoiler or not.
btw does this game have aa at all? =[

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
That DLC name sucks and Ricken fucking sucks.

I like the name, but they made me learn a new word today. Pshhh.

Oxx

So much to do. New dlc, two more child mission, PoR characters to summon. And the main story too, I suppose.

Draxal

Cameo in next FE believe Kincaido :p

btw can anyone type out the strats for the last dlc?

One rally bot and then what?

Forged braves vs legendaries ?

etc

You'd want two rally bots. as there's a 20 maximum unit. So far i'm doing the easy one (could have done the second one but chose the easier part) at that juncture and i'm Doing fine without a rallybot as I forgot to reskill mine. S+ rank plus brave weapons plus Noire with a long/double bow and her hubby Lauren as a sage are doing the best for me.

Top Bottom