• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT2| PAL reinforcements

Hansel

Banned
Today is a happy day.

Anyone want a Fire Emblem Awakening pixel avatar?

First come, first serve.

OOO, OOO! Cynthia (blue hair from being Chrom's daughter please) if you are willing, you magnificent dude!

Edit: If you haven't started, I changed my mind to Donnel. Please. Thank you. I love you.

Is lunatic as much bullshit as it seems? Only a few battles in and I'm not sure if it's worth continuing. Don't mind it being ridiculously hard but it's going to be pretty dull if I can only use a few of the most powerful characters.

Is lunatic as much bullshit as it seems? Only a few battles in and I'm not sure if it's worth continuing. Don't mind it being ridiculously hard but it's going to be pretty dull if I can only use a few of the most powerful characters.

Chapter 1-4 are the hardest chapters in lunatic and your going have to be relying on Frederick to actually kill the majority of enemies.

Lunatic is also unforgiving to alot of the units who need to lvl up to actually be good (Pretty much everone early on in the Shepards), so unless they can tank and dish out punishment well (Frederick, MU, Tharja) everyone else are more suited to being support or for pairing.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
is there a way to "charge" weapons other than buying them? Some weapons I got aren't sold in shops.

Almost all weapons are sold in shops or by spotpass characters eventually. The only weapons that can't be re-obtained one way or another are the Falchions (which you can't lose). Some are only gotten through shiny tiles or from DLC villagers, most of them aren't really all that great though (Aversa's Night being the primary exception). And legendary weapons, apart from the few you get in the story, are gotten through the Infinite Regalia DLC.

Hammerne staffs will repair a weapon, but it's not really worth using those unless you have something like a forged Aversa's Night on a character without Armsthrift.

Pau

Today is a happy day.

First come, first serve.
May I have a Sumia avatar? :3

It was hard deciding on a character since I don't have a stand out favorite like I did for the last set of games. (If it had been open to any Fire Emblem character I would have chosen Nephenee in a heart beat.)

Chapter 1-4 are the hardest chapters in lunatic and your going have to be relying on Frederick to actually kill the majority of enemies.

Lunatic is also unforgiving to alot of the units who need to lvl up to actually be good (Pretty much everone early on in the Shepards), so unless they can tank and dish out punishment well (Frederick, MU, Tharja) everyone else are more suited to being support or for pairing.

Thanks, guess I will continue for now then. Was hoping that was the case with the first few chapters. And yeah, it's basically been all Frederick all the time so far. I don't mind doing a bit of grinding with others later if it means I can use them.

Thanks, guess I will continue for now then. Was hoping that was the case with the first few chapters. And yeah, it's basically been all Frederick all the time so far. I don't mind doing a bit of grinding with others later if it means I can use them.

Use the DLC maps if you're planning to grind.

Reeking boxes cost a lot and Spotpass characters just give you 1xp when defeating them.

demidar

I'd ask for a cool avatar but neorice probably got his hands full.

Anyway Inigo seems more like Virion's son, but children seem to be complete opposites to their parents, especially their mothers.

Anyway Inigo seems more like Virion's son, but children seem to be complete opposites to their parents, especially their mothers.

But, have you met Laurent. He's basically his mother but as a boy.

You could argue that Owain is the silly part of his mother turned up to eleven and became awesome.

Funny fact about Inigo,
he was like his mother when he was younger, shy especially to girls, but it was his mother's advice that transformed into the one we know today.

demidar

But, have you met Laurent. He's basically his mother but as a boy.

You could argue that Owain is the silly part of his mother turned up to eleven and became awesome.

Funny fact about Inigo,
he was like his mother when he was younger, shy especially to girls, but it was his mother's advice that transformed into the one we know today.

Haven't got Laurent yet so I can't say, but what you spoilered sounds like not what I expected.

GamerSoul

Awesome sprite work!

So far so good. I finally got my MU and Sully to S rank. :) The supports were not the best but I can live with it. I guess I should be working on chroms too. I got babies to make.

CorvoSol

I'd ask for a cool avatar but neorice probably got his hands full.

I like Inigo as Chrom's son, because Chrom seems so completely put off by him. "I raised a philanderer." Plus the blue hair just looks so natural on the guy.

CorvoSol

Chrom is disappointed in all his children expect Lucina.

Well okay, but when you father the Best Girl, its hard for any of your other kids to measure up. Especially if those kids are Brady, Cynthia, or Kjelle.

Meanwhile, if you're Severa, you have to deal with life when your mother is Best Girl.

What are some of the better dlc maps to pick up?

I want to get a couple, and don't want to accidentally pick some terrible maps.

Edited an early list I made before.

From Series 1

The Best

Lost Bloodlines 2 (Alm) and Smash Brethren 2 (Eirika) give you new classes (Dread Fighter and Bride respectively).

Golden Gaffe gives you extra money, EXPonential Growth gives you a place to grind for more EXP, and Infinite Regalia gives access to legendary weapons. Please note that EXPonential Growth becomes less useful later on, but you can still save money by buying in a pack with the other 2.

Rogues and Redeemers 3 (Ike) gives Limit Breaker (+10 all stats) and is generally considered a must have for Apotheosis.

Useful

Champions of Yore 3 (Micaiah) gives you All Stats +2, which is an okay skill until Limit Breaker is released

Lost Bloodlines 3 (Seliph) gives you Paragon, which doubles your experience.

Smash Brethren 3 (Lyn) gives you Iote's Shield, which negates the bonus damage to flying units weakness with arrows and wind magic

Not worth your money

Champions of Yore 1 & 2, Lost Bloodlines 1, Smash Brethren 1, Rogues and Redeemers 1 and 2.

Series 2

These maps are more about bonuses after the playthrough and depend entirely your own judgement if you want them or not.

Challenge Pack (Death's Embrace, Five-Anna Firefight, Roster Rescue) are there to give players an extra challenge for themselves before Apotheosis.

Scramble Pack (Harvest, Summer, and Hot Spring Scramble) provide more conversations between your units. Also, Summer and Hot Spring come with CG art for some characters in swimsuits and kimonos.

The Future Past maps are more of an extra story, were you have to rescue the children in an alternate timeline.

Apotheosis is the hardest of all DLC maps and is for all players wanting to give themselves the greatest challenge the game has to offer.

Draxal

Today is a happy day.

First come, first serve.

I would love a Priam avatar.

Almost all weapons are sold in shops or by spotpass characters eventually. The only weapons that can't be re-obtained one way or another are the Falchions (which you can't lose). Some are only gotten through shiny tiles or from DLC villagers, most of them aren't really all that great though (Aversa's Night being the primary exception). And legendary weapons, apart from the few you get in the story, are gotten through the Infinite Regalia DLC.

Hammerne staffs will repair a weapon, but it's not really worth using those unless you have something like a forged Aversa's Night on a character without Armsthrift.

Aversa's night is kinda useless on Apotheosis unless you have armsthrift; I went through so many weapons :/.

Finalow

mh it's me or you can get bonus characters without dlcs and with just the spotpass? And you can do something online (not local) with streetpass? I'm reading it on the wiki but I didn't quite get it.

NeonZ

I like Inigo as Chrom's son, because Chrom seems so completely put off by him. "I raised a philanderer." Plus the blue hair just looks so natural on the guy.

Chrom's recruiting convo with Inigo as his son also has an extra segment about how he has a mirrored version of Lucina's brand. I thought that was rather nice, and the other "Chrom recruiting his child" conversations don't seem to mention that.

mh it's me or you can get bonus characters without dlcs and with just the spotpass?

You get can get them in the bonus team option from the wireless menu.

There are 120 free spotpass characters and 17 paid DLC characters. Spotpass characters have old art, DLC characters have new art, both versions use generic 3d models and have no quotes after joining the player. Most characters are available in both free versions and paid DLC versions, but those versions are different, aside from the name. They have different art, different starting levels, skills, and sometimes even different starting classes. The only thing they share is stat caps. The DLC versions are generally stronger in the end, but there are some exceptions.

So, even though, there's, say, DLC Micaiah and Spotpass Micaiah, they're effectively different units. Well, there are some very close ones. Art aside, DLC Ike is pretty much identical to Spotpass Ike (only swapping Armsthrift for Luna, and both characters can easily learn each other's exclusive skill), but I guess in that case they expect people to buy his DLC for Limit Break.

And you can do something online (not local) with streetpass? I'm reading it on the wiki but I didn't quite get it.

You must be misreading. Streetpass is completely local. Spotpass is used for free downloads from Nintendo's servers, but that's it. There's not any kind of 3ds to 3ds online communication in this game.

Anteo

mh it's me or you can get bonus characters without dlcs and with just the spotpass? And you can do something online (not local) with streetpass? I'm reading it on the wiki but I didn't quite get it.

No you can't. Some characters appear both in DLC and Spotpass, however the DLC version is different, has new artwork and different skills.
Streetpass is only local.

I'm going for green this time, because Stahl is my Chief Bro in this game.

Stahl's more brown than green though.

SpotPass can get you additional side chapters that'll unlock new characters as well as legacy characters through the bonus box.

You can't do anything online with streetpass.

Finalow

ok I'm trying to win fights vs spotpass teams but they are strong as fuck lol, one shotting every party memeber even if they are at level 5. normal?

Anteo

ok I'm trying to win fights vs spotpass teams but they are strong as fuck lol, one shotting every party memeber even if they are at level 5. normal?

Are you sure you are actually fighting level 5 characters? You may be fighting Promoted units, those are their displayed level +20.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Neorice already made me an avatar once. Will be so jelly of anyone getting a Cordelia one haha. Amazing work as always though neorice.

Anteo

i guess they are promoted units, like this hero al level 10 killing my party by himself.

Yeah a Hero is a promoted Mercenary. This game is all about the stats though, a unit can be level 10 promoted and still be destroyed by a level 10 unpromoted, given the right stats.

I've finished the game on normal/classic and I'm working on a hard/classic play through now that I know what I'm doing. Anybody want to play matchmaker? I was thinking:

MU/Tharja
Chrom/Olivia
Lissa/Libra
Henry/Sumia
Cordelia/Lonqu? (I dunno)
Ricken/Miriel
Donnel/Nowi (I don't know what to do with Donny, but he's the least creepy husband for Nowi)

I haven't given too much though to the other kids yet. I heard Vaike and Sully were OK?

Top Bottom