• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT2| PAL reinforcements

I... I thought Frederick had plot armour. I'm not very good at this. How does the relationship system works? Who has babies? I know that bit, don't want the plot spoiled so much though.

Sendou

I... I thought Frederick had plot armour. I'm not very good at this. How does the relationship system works? Who has babies? I know that bit, don't want the plot spoiled so much though.

Frederick kind of does. Note how he just "retreats" if he dies. Same with other relevant characters (except Chrom and MU which just result in a game over) Pretty much everyone can have babies. Support level S = baby incoming (unless it's a children already who reachs it).

EDIT: Double post :/

Frederick kind of does. Note how he just "retreats" if he dies. Same with other relevant characters (except Chrom and MU which just result in a game over) Pretty much everyone can have babies. Support level S = baby incoming (unless you know it's a children already who reachs it).

EDIT: Double post :/

Obviously has to be male/female? I mean... can Donnel have babies? O.O Ideally then, I should be looking to foster as many heterosexual relationships a possible, I mean is there one baby per relationship?

Sendou

Obviously has to be male/female? I mean... can Donnel have babies? O.O

Well sure he can be a father but the mothers decide the children and father only changes the hair color, passes down skills and stats.

So yeah no official homosexual couples in Awakening. Hetero only :p Sorry I confused you.

1 baby per relationship except your avatar always gets an unique child so if your avatar is a female then you can have up to two children per relationship. If a male then only 1 children per couple is possible in all cases.

Sendou

Wow that makes a lot of sense. Might have to playthrough with a female avatar! Again, don't spoil on plot but... when can I expect the babies to appear?

Around Chapter 13 you'll be able to recruit all of them (though do note than they can be very hard missions at that point in the game). That is of course if you have the proper S support levels :)

There's also bunch of characters that only can have a baby with Avatar since they don't have unique children of their own.

Fire Emblem's relationship system uses support ranks. To unlock a support rank, you need to get a certain threshold of support points. You get support points by having units fight battles adjacent each other. If two units are support compatible, you should see hearts appear on the compatible units after a battle.

If you've unlocked a support rank, you can then activate it in the support menu before a battle or on the overworld. You'll then view a short conversation between the two units.

All first generation female characters have children. You only create the child, so to speak, when you unlock and activate their S rank support conversation. You then unlock new missions where you can recruit the child in question. If you want to play with eugenics, don't start the mission until you know what skills you want to pass to the child.

Phew, I thought you had to have S relationships before Chapter 13. Was going to restart my save file and everything! Chrom's
got with Sully
, so I guess that's the default if he has no S relationships with a female character?

I like how in Chapter 23 when
Basilio returns from the dead
the voiceover for Lucina says, "No! Oh Gods, no!"

Phew, I thought you had to have S relationships before Chapter 13. Was going to restart my save file and everything! Chrom's
got with Sully
, so I guess that's the default if he has no S relationships with a female character?

Nope. Chrom will marry the whoever he has the highest affinity with before that point. Unlike all the other fathers, he doesn't need to reach S.

I got me some Infinite Regalia.

Any particular items I should be on the lookout for? I have no idea what items are good.

Here's my checklist : )

Swords: Ragnell (good Might and range)
Lances: Gradivus (good Might and range)
Axes: Helswath (Might and range again)
Bows: Double Bow (same logic)
Tomes: Forseti (speed bonus), Book of Naga (anti-dragon)

Everything else is OK and you'd only really want them for collecting/nostalgia purposes.

McNum

I can't believe I never used the "Restock" command in my first game. It's so useful in getting rid of clutter. I'm not sure how three Iron Swords with various amounts of durability can combine into one, but I'll take it. It's almost like reloading your sword. Actually... it IS like reloading your sword. Now there's a great mental image. You think swords use magazines or are they pump-action?

In shipping news: Frederick and Sumia are cute together. Much more interesting support than Sumia and Chrom. Plus they are a much better pair on the battlefield. That +5 Def is exactly what Sumia needed.

Still looking for who to pair up with Sully, but I'm thinking Libra could be funny, maybe. The manliest woman and the most feminine man. Yup. That sounds like it has potential. Or Gaius, in case I don't like where Gaius/Nowi is going... But that one has been kind of funny so far. Also thinking about seeing what the Olivia/Lon'qu support looks like. I'm imagining long awkward silences and lots of blushing. It'll be a shy-off throwdown!

I'm yet to get Morgan and Noire (MU's babbies) because I don't know what to do with them. I have quite a few characters with Galeforce already so I'm not sure if I should be concerned about that anymore (Owain, Lucina, Inigo, Severa + their mothers and I can get it on Nah). Since Tharja is the mother I figure I should make them both mages but then, they'd be pretty much exactly the same which seems kind of boring. I'll probaby pass Wrath from MU (for Wrath, Vantage, Vengeance) since their both girls and they can't get it otherwise. Aside from that, what do I do?

Not sure why I'm putting so much thought into this when Owain and Kjelle melt everything on their own already lol

Jintor

I had a bet with myself who'd be picked first.

I won.

tharja_portrait.png

I can't imagine why

Okamid3n

1 baby per relationship except your avatar always gets an unique child so if your avatar is a female then you can have up to two children per relationship. If a male then only 1 children per couple is possible in all cases.

Actually, it's the opposite! Female Avatar only gets one kid, because she's married to a guy and they don't have an unique child...
Except for one obvious exception.

Jintor

Funny thing is I don't even use Tharja that much ever since I became able to field a full team of Galeforcers. But she's still my favourite character

Today is a happy day.

Anyone want a Fire Emblem Awakening pixel avatar?

First come, first serve

So...

Can it be anyone who appeared in Awakening?

Because, I'd really like an Ike one (FE9, screw the awful DLC art) with Ragnell.

If not, then psycho Noire while she's laughing.

Ooooh! Could I grab a Tharja? :3

Preferably with a handful of flames

Jintor, you wear that avatar with pride.

hamchan

This game destroyed me this weekend. Played 20 hours the past two days going by the in game clock, which probably doesn't count all the resets I do when my guys die. The social link stuff and the class system makes this the most addictive Fire Emblem game ever. Maybe just two things they could fix for the next game; making sure pair up is less powerful, because once I figured out to use pair up halfway through the game my heroes died a lot less, and don't let reinforcements attack on the same they spawn because that is the biggest bullshit.

Top Bottom