• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT2| PAL reinforcements

katkombat

Banned
This is my first Fire Emblem game.

I just got through to chapter 5 and all of a sudden I have items, gear, teams and relationships to manage. I don't really understand how to best leverage the gear for each character.

I kinda feel overwhelmed all of a sudden.

My characters are level 3 or 4 right now with one character at 5 and one at 2. My battles now have ennemies several levels higher than mine and I'm worried I'm about to fail at this game hard.

the optimize option in the inventory helps a lot! (actually, it helps only somewhat)

the relationship system is somewhat easy, pair up the two you want to wed (check the support menu for an S rank option darkened) in battle a lot and you'll unlock more. I only had trouble for the first 3 attempts at the last boss! I needed to grind for one battle then I was good! ;) have fun!

ohlawd

Cordelia mouse pad when? Oh yeah, she's flat =(

Yeah, he's pretty much the best. Too bad he fucking sucks character wise.

LOL. But flat is justice. Ass > boobs anyway imo.

yah he sucks. Dude is creepy. "Do I look like my mother in this?" THIS IS NOT CUTE AT ALL. Female Morgan does this a whole lot better.

Also Male Morgan x Owain supports > all.

I'll reserve final judgment until I finish all his supports.

ohlawd

is that the exponential growth one and the golden gaffe or whatever? are you being sarcastic or is it actually worth the $6? legitimately curious

It's called the "Cheat Code" pack for a reason.

EXP - I find this more valuable in Lunatic when SpotPass grinding isn't viable but it's still worth it in other modes. Turn your unit into a beast in 10 minutes!

Golden Gaffe - money. Tons of money. It's like 80k per run. Watch your coffers expand like breast implants when you got a full team of Galeforce users clearing this map

Infinite Regalia - pretty much the only good way to get legendary weapons on a consistent basis. Gradivus, Helswath and a whole bunch of other goodies can be found here.

Because "Do I look like my father in this?" is completely better.

but dat smile though.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
LOL. But flat is justice. Ass > boobs anyway imo.

yah he sucks. Dude is creepy. "Do I look like my mother in this?" THIS IS NOT CUTE AT ALL. Female Morgan does this a whole lot better.

I agree. Ass > boobs all day everyday.

Yeah, it's just creepy when he says that.

katkombat

Banned
It's called the "Cheat Code" pack for a reason.

EXP - I find this more valuable in Lunatic when SpotPass grinding isn't viable but it's still worth it in other modes. Turn your unit into a beast in 10 minutes!

Golden Gaffe - money. Tons of money. It's like 80k per run. Watch your coffers expand like breast implants when you got a full team of Galeforce users clearing this map

Infinite Regalia - pretty much the only good way to get legendary weapons on a consistent basis. Gradivus, Helswath and a whole bunch of other goodies can be found here.

but dat smile though.

:eek: that's a lot of money...

Yeah the golden pack is worth the money. Big time saver.

thanks guys.

ok so for sure on this pack, how about some story ones?

so what are the best dlcs for this game? im obviously getting all at some point but what are good ones to start with (I'll be getting a bundle)?

ESSENTIAL

Golden Pack
Rogues and Redeemers 3•*
Lost Bloodlines 2^ & 3•
Smash Brethren 2^

FOR STORY-LOVERS

Scramble Pack
Future of Despair Pack*

FOR MASOCHISTS

Challenge Pack
Apotheosis*

* denotes maps that can kick your teeth in if you are unprepared

^ denotes maps which give you new classes

• denotes maps which give you extremely useful skills

ohlawd

Infinite Regalia from Golden Pack should get like.. half an asterisk.

It's 100x harder than Exp. Growth and Golden Gaffe.

Anteo

This is my first Fire Emblem game.

I just got through to chapter 5 and all of a sudden I have items, gear, teams and relationships to manage. I don't really understand how to best leverage the gear for each character.

I kinda feel overwhelmed all of a sudden.

My characters are level 3 or 4 right now with one character at 5 and one at 2. My battles now have ennemies several levels higher than mine and I'm worried I'm about to fail at this game hard.

That reads like you have abused Fred a bit, or are trying to level all of them at the same pace. Both are no no. For Fred, the game considers his actual level = his shown level +20 . So he gets less exp per kill. (A kill gives like 10 exp to fred and 40-50 to everyone else)

And choose a party of main characters you want to use and leave the rest behind (unless you really really like to grind to have everyone at the same level)

Edit: I meant to edit D=

Question for you chaps:

Is All Stats +2 worth buying the DLC for? I'm currently on Hard training my patented Ball-To-The-Wall Brady and I'm having trouble finding a fifth skill for him (he's currently a Sage with Galeforce/Limit Breaker/Tomefaire/Luna). I've been using Lifetaker and it seems to work pretty well, but a friend recommended AS+2 and so I've been looking into it.

It's important he be as OP as possible since he's going to be part of my "Screw-You-Over" StreetPass team comprised of himself, Kellam!Nah!Morgan, Vaike!Gerome, Donnel!Kjelle, Lon'qu!Severa and Chrom!Inigo.

ohlawd

It's a nice filler skill for units forever destined to be the back unit (hai Gerome, how's it going back there with Limit Breaker/Strength+2/AS+2/Axefaire/Dual Support+?)

ffdgh

If you're a skill collector or need a filler skill for your units, go for it. It's essentially an auto rally love without the movement+1 bonus.

It's a nice filler skill for units forever destined to be the back unit (hai Gerome, how's it going back there with Limit Breaker/Strength+2/AS+2/Axefaire/Dual Support+?)

I use Beserker Vaike!Gerome as a front unit. With a Brave Axe, Counter and 50%-proc-chance Sol, nothing but ranged attacks can even put a dent in him.

General Nah makes a great back unit for General Morgan though. Hello 81 Defense; goodbye enemy's hopes and dreams.

ohlawd

I also have a Berserker Vaike!Gerome. I can't use him as a frontliner. He has no business being one.

lol Nah!Morgan is overkill on the defensive side srsly.

Animal

Banned
That reads like you have abused Fred a bit, or are trying to level all of them at the same pace. Both are no no. For Fred, the game considers his actual level = his shown level +20 . So he gets less exp per kill. (A kill gives like 10 exp to fred and 40-50 to everyone else)

And choose a party of main characters you want to use and leave the rest behind (unless you really really like to grind to have everyone at the same level)

Edit: I meant to edit D=

Actually I take as many characters as I can into battles because I can do more per turn. I use everyone in my party all the time.

I don't understand why the devs would want to stealth in an overpowered character and I have to rely other people to tell me about it. Is there something I'm not getting here?

I also have a Berserker Vaike!Gerome. I can't use him as a frontliner. He has no business being one.

lol Nah!Morgan is overkill on the defensive side srsly.

There's no kill quite like overkill! ;D

I also run 65 Speed Gaius!Cynthia because I'm a massive dirtbag.

Chrom

He should buy two DLC pieces from a pack then buy the pack after. Do this for all packs.

You can't do this, actually. If you already purchased one of the DLC pieces in a pack, the pack becomes unavailable for purchase forever.

I still can't believe that I bought all of them >.<
How much money was that? 60$?

If you bought all of the packs plus Apotheosis as they came, it's $53. It's $55 if you didn't buy the Champions Pack at the reduced price.

If you bought all of the DLC separately as they came, it's $68. It's $70.50 if you didn't buy Champions of Yore 1 for free.

Anteo

Actually I take as many characters as I can into battles because I can do more per turn. I use everyone in my party all the time.

I don't understand why the devs would want to stealth in an overpowered character and I have to rely other people to tell me about it. Is there something I'm not getting here?

He isn't even overpowered, his stats are really bad compared to what other units can get at that level. And yeah that thing has been part of the series from the start, having a higher level character to help, but can work as a trap if you feed him all the kills.

However in awakening, you can grind to correct that, but takes time (most FE games have limited exp in the campaing).

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Think I got Apotheosis completely memorized now. Just beat Anna route again in 40 minutes. Took me like an hour and a half the first time. Also, Shadowgift Micaiah is worth more than my avatar and it is bothering me lol. Gonna get some more skills for him.

If you're considering what DLC to buy, if you've played FE7/Blazing Sword, and you enjoyed it, BUY LYN'S DLC. You won't regret it. Especially if FE7 was your first FE as it was mine.

Yuripaw

Banned
So I just beat Chapter 11 last night...
and I'm a little annoyed, because of this random relationship that came out of no where. I had actually been trying to hook up Chrom with my MC who's a female, when it came to relationship stuff. I had only gotten him as high as rank B with her, but that's mainly what I was aiming for. Out of the blue when I beat Chapter 11...he asks Sully to be his wife?!? What the hell?! I was trying to hook Sully up with Virion. In fact, Sully and Virion I had gotten up to A rank at least up til this point in the game, which was the highest relationship status of any characters in the game for me.

This was just a big WTF to me, because while I did rank Sully and Chrom up a little, they barely talked, and were no higher than rank B also. They barely had chemistry up to this point, and all of a sudden he asks Sully to marry him?! lol I was working hard to bring to get Sully with Virion, and then this happened.

This is the first time I've ever played a Fire Emblem game, so maybe I did something wrong, or I was taking too long to pair people up. I dunno. I just wanted to talk about it somewhere, because this kinda was annoying to me, lol.

and I'm a little annoyed, because of this random relationship that came out of no where. I had actually been trying to hook up Chrom with my MC who's a female, when it came to relationship stuff. I had only gotten him as high as rank B with her, but that's mainly what I was aiming for. Out of the blue when I beat Chapter 11...he asks Sully to be his wife?!? What the hell?! I was trying to hook Sully up with Virion. In fact, Sully and Virion I had gotten up to A rank at least up til this point in the game, which was the highest relationship status of any characters in the game for me.

This was just a big WTF to me, because while I did rank Sully and Chrom up a little, they barely talked, and were no higher than rank B also. They barely had chemistry up to this point, and all of a sudden he asks Sully to marry him?! lol I was working hard to bring to get Sully with Virion, and then this happened.

This is the first time I've ever played a Fire Emblem game, so maybe I did something wrong, or I was taking too long to pair people up. I dunno. I just wanted to talk about it somewhere, because this kinda was annoying to me, lol.

The only reason is that Female MC has the lowest priority in marriage choice for Chrom. The best choice is to not let Chrom get near any of his other potential girls til he gets married.

And I'm sorry that your Chrom married Sully. :[

They both had B supports. Sully has higher priority than the tactician, so she wins the tiebreaker. Sumia has the highest priority of all the girls in case of a tie. This is the first time Fire Emblem has done a pairing system like this, so don't worry.

CorvoSol

Yeah, you gotta keep Chrom away from Sully, Maribelle and Sumia so that he marries one of the best girls instead: FeMU, Olivia, or Danny the Village Girl (name not included.)

Sendou

a) Kill off Sumia

b) Kill off Sully

c) Marry FeMu to Virion

d) Don't let Maribelle touch Chrom in the mission you recruit her and then bench her for life.

Follow these simple steps for the best possible outcome.

demidar

He's the only worthy father for male Morgan. Sully x Virion? Come on man.

Is male Morgan like FeMorgan? What's he like?

Well because when you first meet Virion and Sully, he was trying to get her to fall for him, and she was totally dismissive of him. I just wanted to flip her around on him, and see what would happen.

Well, Virion hits on any lady, Sully is no different. That said I'm having trouble finding a lover for her that kinda makes sense. I've gone with Kellam so far but eh...

Moonlight

Banned
Well, Virion hits on any lady, Sully is no different. That said I'm having trouble finding a lover for her that kinda makes sense. I've gone with Kellam so far but eh...
If your first and foremost concern is 'makes sense', you should shack her up with Stahl.

Jintor

I streetpassed someone who had apparently set themselves up as a travelling merchant/xp dispensary with the entire team of maxed out characters holding high-tier weapons they couldn't use

Except for the MU who had a double-attack magic thingy and a perfect set of abilities and instantly lethalitied my MU

demidar

If your first and foremost concern is 'makes sense', you should shack her up with Stahl.

That's a good idea, Stahl is also horribly neglected.

I hate him. Worthless successor to FeMu in my opinion. I guess he is not unlike FeMorgan but he really should start acting like the child to two best characters in the game should.

But I actually like FeMorgan. I guess it only works with girls, I wouldn't want to see that behaviour on a guy.

Top Bottom