• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT2| PAL reinforcements

JaseMath

Great game, but I think I'm kinda done with it. I don't really care about any of the future kids I haven't spawned now that I'm at the end, and grinding to make them worth a damn isn't very appealing without additional chapters to look forward to.

Busaiku

Hmmm.... should I wait beyond level 10 to change classes for characters with a master seal? Is there any way for them to change classes WITHOUT the item?

It's been so long since I've played previous Fire Emblem games that I can't quite remember the nuances of this particular mechanic

If you just want skills, then go head and promote.
It wasn't like this in Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn, they automatically promoted at 20, but since there's no set line, you can't just upgrade like that.

ohlawd

Is the door wide enough for all of the to step inside at the same time? ;)
Maybe the timeframe was smaller.

Edit: Or maybe only the kids can be send back in time, after all Naga refers to them in Future Past as
the exalted princess and 11 born with the power to alter their destinies. So Lissa had to be left there, and is assumed to be death by Noire? I need to check Noire supports to know exactly what she said.

dunno man that door is pretty huge.

About FeMU x Noire

Here's the basic rundown. Noire's following FeMU around since she wants FeMU to be her mother instead of Tharja.

Here's the actual conversation about dead mothers

F: Noire, what happened to Tharja in the future?
N: She died. Just like all the other mothers. Every last one of them.
F: Gods have mercy...
Noire: A lot of fathers died first because they were on the front lines. Then the Risen started picking off the rest of us one by one.

Now I took that quote to heart. That's where I'm going with this. When she says every single one of them, I'm taking that as all moms who can produce unique kids so that includes Lissa.

Hmmm.... should I wait beyond level 10 to change classes for characters with a master seal? Is there any way for them to change classes WITHOUT the item?

It's been so long since I've played previous Fire Emblem games that I can't quite remember the nuances of this particular mechanic

At first (with no Seal business going on), keep going until lvl 20 just for the lower exp gain. Promoting from lvl 10 is basically a lvl 10 -> lvl 21 jump. You're missing out on the easy exp and thus easy stat gains from that since higher level = lower exp per action = takes more kills to level up

When you've done this Seal stuff a whole buncha times, you're bound to have reached stat caps (stats are green), in that case, just promote/Second Seal at lvl 10 for base classes and lvl 15 for promoted classes for skills.

dunno man that door is pretty huge.

About FeMU x Noire

Here's the basic rundown. Noire's following FeMU around since she wants FeMU to be her mother instead of Tharja.

Here's the actual conversation about dead mothers

F: Noire, what happened to Tharja in the future?
N: She died. Just like all the other mothers. Every last one of them.
F: Gods have mercy...
Noire: A lot of fathers died first because they were on the front lines. Then the Risen started picking off the rest of us one by one.

Now I took that quote to heart. That's where I'm going with this. When she says every single one of them, I'm taking that as all moms who can produce unique kids so that includes Lissa.

Hm, I wonder who says that
Lissa is still alive in the future then.

I know Lucina says it to Lissa in Owain's chapter but does anyone else mentions it?

First thing first, Owain, best character.

Well, it could imply many things. Yes, it could imply her death, but could also imply when she broke her staff defending Owain or something.

Yarne and Lucina had a conversation in the Barracks where Lucina said she'd fight beside him in the next battle. That unlocked a support conversation in which Yarne got hurt and Lucina apologizes for not watching his back like she promised she would.

Nice going, Lucy.

Yarne and Lucina had a conversation in the Barracks where Lucina said she'd fight beside him in the next battle. That unlocked a support conversation in which Yarne got hurt and Lucina apologizes for not watching his back like she promised she would.

Nice going, Lucy.

She's too busy worried if someone wants to bang her dad or not. And if not, why not!

Anteo

Well then the only logical conclusion is_.
Lissa was one of the last mothers to die. She was still around with the kids until the last moment. Owain took her broken staff with him before going back in time.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
I pity those that can't see the beauty of Severa.

I'm not a huge fan of Cynthia though. I don't hate her or anything, but I'm just not fond of her.

ohlawd

I pity those that can't see the beauty of Severa.

I'm not a huge fan of Cynthia though. I don't hate her or anything, but I'm just not fond of her.

lol Severa and Cynthia are tied as my two absolute favorites.

I must be a weirdo. I shouldn't be here.

Well then the only logical conclusion is_.
Lissa was one of the last mothers to die. She was still around with the kids until the last moment. Owain took her broken staff with him before going back in time.

And that's that. Sounds good.

Busaiku

Man, it's so weird that Owain was the Swordmaster and Inigo was the Hero.
I pegged them for total opposites.

I mean Inigo's chapter is "A Man For Flowers", and Swordmaster costume looks more like flowers than other things.

Man, it's so weird that Owain was the Swordmaster and Inigo was the Hero.
I pegged them for total opposites.

I mean Inigo's chapter is "A Man For Flowers", and Swordmaster costume looks more like flowers than other things.

Well Owain has the visual faire to be a Swordmaster. Just because he's a hero doesn't make him the actual class of a hero. And saves him from having to look like some mecha reject.

CorvoSol

So I've gotten Olivia, Lissa, Cordelia and Sumia through Dark Flier. Just so I'm clear, only Maribelle remains for that class, right? And is there any class I need to bother running the other moms through, or just let them build up as I will?

So I've gotten Olivia, Lissa, Cordelia and Sumia through Dark Flier. Just so I'm clear, only Maribelle remains for that class, right? And is there any class I need to bother running the other moms through, or just let them build up as I will?

In terms of passing down gender exclusive skills, Cherche and Mirel should go through Valkyrie for Dual Support+.

If Panne's husband can't be a Wyvern Rider, you might want to pass down Deliverer from Griffon Rider or LanceBreaker from Griffon Rider as well.

ffdgh

Personally I prefer Valkyrie to be maribelle's final class but dark flier works too with tome faire.

Tom_Cody

I'm about 130 hours into my Hard-Casual playthrough. I can't believe how much content is in this game. I am now on the final DLC mission and the end is finally in sight.

It is really a shame to have invested so much time into the other file and to now have to start again on Lunatic to be able to get the feeling that I have actually 100%ed the game. There is a reason that Pokemon games never had multiple difficulties. Grumble.

For fun I started a Lunatic-Classic file and played the first mission but I don't think I am going to resist the urge to continue on with that. I had thought that I would have moved onto Luigi's Mansion and Soul Hackers ages ago but I have been playing FE:A this whole time.

Oh well. This is still absolutely one of my favorite games of the last 5-10 years.

Tom_Cody

Regarding that final mission, I am not really enjoying it. It feels like kind of an unfortunate final note to send the game out on.

I have played it twice so far. The first time I played through the first set of enemies before stopping and the second time I played through the first two sets before stopping.

My army is quite powerful, and I am currently able to take on every other mission in the game quite easily, but only 2 of my characters are able to do more than single digit damage against the enemies (Owain and Morgan who both have limit break and maxed-out stats). The challenge of this level simply does not appeal to me in the way that the rest of the game has up to this point. It is all about Rallying those two characters as much as possible and then sending them into the fray against 1-2 of those super powered enemies at a time.

I guess it's just 1 mission. I hope to finish it up tonight and then move on to Luigi.

Regarding that final mission, I am not really enjoying it. It feels like kind of an unfortunate final note to send the game out on.

Well to be fair, I think the game does warn you that the mission might not be for you.

It's geared towards the expert players who really know what they're doing. If it was any easier, those players would be complaining.

Tom_Cody

Well to be fair, I think the game does warn you that the mission might not be for you.

It's geared towards the expert players who really know what they're doing. If it was any easier, those players would be complaining.
Ugh. Thanks for the passive aggressive response.

My point is that it feels incongruous and disjointed from every other mission in the game and that it isn't tactically interesting. At no other point in the game did I have to create an army of ralliers to support 2 units in order to allow those 2 units to take on 1-2 beast units at a time. It is cumbersome and boring more than challenging and interesting.

To respond to your broader point though, I can understand why a mission built for maxed-out units exists, I just don't find it fun or interesting.

Oxx

I'm not sure if I want to power through the last handful of missions if the dlc is going to be a slow trickle over the coming months.

I can't see myself going through the whole game again on a harder difficulty. I'll just fight spotpass/streetpass teams for the rest of time.

At least having it digitally means that I'll always have the game alive.

Tom_Cody

I got so many StreetPasses the other day my map is filled with teams - now i can't enter any shops! I wanna sell stuff!!! Dismissing a team just makes a new team appear.
Instead of dismissing the teams that you don't want, you can just buy goods from them instead. You have a good chance of getting good/advanced items that you otherwise wouldn't have access to.

Ugh. Thanks for the passive aggressive response.

My point is that it feels incongruous and disjointed from every other mission in the game and that it isn't tactically interesting. At no other point in the game did I have to create an army of ralliers to support 2 units in order to allow those 2 units to take on 1-2 beast units at a time. It is cumbersome and boring more than challenging and interesting.

To respond to your broader point though, I can understand why a mission built for maxed-out units exists, I just don't find it fun or interesting.

Oops, I apologise if I came across as rude or demeaning; that was not my intention.

While I haven't played Apotheosis (since it's not out in Europe), I wouldn't have thought it an isolated experience, since it's the logical progression from the tough-as-nails Challenge maps (fun fact: in Japan, it's the fourth map in the Challenge set).

But anyway, I guess I should wait until I play the map myself before I try to defend it.

o_O
tumblr_mnin6lP7A41qzp9weo1_1280.jpg
http://tinycartridge.com/post/51566767877/oh-my-god-this-chrom-butt-mousepad-toonikun

Tom_Cody

Oops, I apologise if I came across as rude or demeaning; that was not my intention.

While I haven't played Apotheosis (since it's not out in Europe), I wouldn't have thought it an isolated experience, since it's the logical progression from the tough-as-nails Challenge maps (fun fact: in Japan, it's the fourth map in the Challenge set).

But anyway, I guess I should wait until I play the map myself before I try to defend it.
No worries.

To respond to your second post, it is not a direct progression from the other challenge maps. It is on a whole other level, kind of like star 242 in Mario Galaxy 2.

For what its worth I read through all the posts in this thread about that mission and my thoughts have evolved somewhat. Having finished all of the other post-game content, I had expected that I would be able to complete this and wrap up my time with the game. That does not mean that this mission shouldn't exist, it is just frustrating to find out that I will have to spend many more hours with the game building up a team just for this level if I want to 100% this run.

From what I've read this mission is locked to Lunatic+. I think I will leave this for my next play-through (if I ever make it back to FE:A to complete a Lunatic-Classic run that is).

vag 2.0

Is there any real point in going out of your way to get a 'good' build on everybody & have all the kids learn galeforce on non-lunatic/+ difficulties? I'm on ~c19 or so of Hard Classic just promoting people at 20 (besides a couple of exceptions) & it has been very easy. I reckon going out of my way to grind out builds would completely ruin any illusion of challenge at this point.

Anteo

Is there any real point in going out of your way to get a 'good' build on everybody & have all the kids learn galeforce on non-lunatic/+ difficulties? I'm on ~c19 or so of Hard Classic just promoting people at 20 (besides a couple of exceptions) & it has been very easy. I reckon going out of my way to grind out builds would completely ruin any illusion of challenge at this point.

Not really, unless you want to do the challenge dlc stages (those do not change with dificulty)

vag 2.0

Cool. On the reverse: is it necessary on lunatic/+? Do you have Fred carry you for the first couple of maps then get grinding?

Anteo

Cool. On the reverse: is it necessary on lunatic/+? Do you have Fred carry you for the first couple of maps then get grinding?

For lunatic, it is possible to finish the game without grinding, but you will have to focus your exp in 2-3 characters. And Fred should only help to weaken the enemies, not kill them.
If you want a full party of +12 chars, yeah you better grind a lot.

ohlawd

Can I have some bleach for my eyes pls? That pic is d to the -isgusting.

I just did a quick search and we don't have a Quad City Djs v Fire Emblem Awakening yet

Get on it Jintor.

I am not musically inclined unfortunately.

So yeah about my male Morgan. How the hell. Why does this creepy little fuck get to be the best unit in the game?

He has
Galeforce
Armsthrift
Luna
Aggressor
Limit Breaker

I could give him any set I want since he has Galeforce from my FeMU if that particular set needs it. I gave him Dual Support+ too but he doesn't need it. He can run any set, he can outspeed errbody, he can do everything.

Animal

Banned
This is my first Fire Emblem game.

I just got through to chapter 5 and all of a sudden I have items, gear, teams and relationships to manage. I don't really understand how to best leverage the gear for each character.

I kinda feel overwhelmed all of a sudden.

My characters are level 3 or 4 right now with one character at 5 and one at 2. My battles now have ennemies several levels higher than mine and I'm worried I'm about to fail at this game hard.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Cordelia mouse pad when? Oh yeah, she's flat =(

Can I have some bleach for my eyes pls? That pic is d to the -isgusting.

I am not musically inclined unfortunately.

So yeah about my male Morgan. How the hell. Why does this creepy little fuck get to be the best unit in the game?

He has
Galeforce
Armsthrift
Luna
Aggressor
Limit Breaker

I could give him any set I want since he has Galeforce from my FeMU if that particular set needs it. I gave him Dual Support+ too but he doesn't need it. He can run any set, he can outspeed errbody, he can do everything.

Yeah, he's pretty much the best. Too bad he fucking sucks character wise.

Top Bottom