• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT2| PAL reinforcements

Draxal

just wondering, what difficulty is everyone playing on?
hard classic gets frustrating at times when my weak units get targeted by multiple enemies :(

I think hard (classic) and normal (classic) is the most common. I do hard (casual) because I love in battle saves <3.

Oxx

I haven't really spent too much time with the skills for my unit, but I do like my Inigo with:

Armsthrift
Axebreaker
Lethality
Galeforce
Sol

froliq

just wondering, what difficulty is everyone playing on?
hard classic gets frustrating at times when my weak units get targeted by multiple enemies :(

Hard classic feels most tough in the beginning where all the enemies rush at you. Even had a couple of resets on my 2nd playthrough. Later on you'll get more time to plan, however memorizing reinforcement turns and positions becomes a thing :(

m0t0k1

Even on hard mode i die a lot. got ruin boosted with s support on my Tharja with 60% crit chance vs sorcerer with 20% crit chance. I dont crit he does 3 times on the same chapter. Makes me want to throw my 3ds across the room.

Randdalf

Started playing this on Friday now that my exams are largely finished. I'm playing in Hard - Classic, though I'm slightly regretting choosing Hard mode as it has made it a bit of a slog to play through so far.

Chapter 1 & 2 went by fairly swiftly as I'd already done them twice in the demo.

Chapter 3 took 2 days to complete without any character deaths. I was so close to finishing it but I wasn't aware that one of the enemies had a hammer, that enemy then proceeded to OHKO Kellam.

I got Donnel in Side Story 1, managed to level him up to 80% of level 2 by the end of the mission by pairing him with Frederick. I used Frederick to get the bandits low, and then Donnel to finish them off.

Chapter 4 I did first time, I created 3 pairs of characters and rotated between attacking and healing each turn, whilst avoiding the enemies' range.

I thought Chapter 5 would take ages to finish, but after struggling initially, I brought out Kellam and used him to block that gap between the cliffs, with Lissa healing him every turn, which worked out nicely. On the first turn I used Rescue to teleport Maribelle + Ricken (paired up), which was a quick way to solve that problem. The major issue I was having was the wyverns targeting my healing units once they got in range, so I formed a defensive phalanx around them, and switched Maribelle + Ricken, which quickly dealt with the wyvern threat. Lissa got insane levels in this chapter.

I'm currently working on Side Story 2, however, there was a character, Anna, which I presume I could recruit, however she got knocked out early on before I could reach her location. So I'm currently considering whether or not to restart the map, likelihood is that I won't.

I have some questions also:
- Are the challenges permanent or are they removed after each story chapter? I've had a challenge pop up on The Northroad but I'm not levelled up enough to take it on yet.
- I'm not going to use it until I finish the game, what exactly is the bonus box? Extra characters and maps? There's quite a number of them!

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I'm currently working on Side Story 2, however, there was a character, Anna, which I presume I could recruit, however she got knocked out early on before I could reach her location. So I'm currently considering whether or not to restart the map, likelihood is that I won't.

I have some questions also:
- Are the challenges permanent or are they removed after each story chapter? I've had a challenge pop up on The Northroad but I'm not levelled up enough to take it on yet.
- I'm not going to use it until I finish the game, what exactly is the bonus box? Extra characters and maps? There's quite a number of them!

You can't recruit Anna in that chapter, but she helps protect that village which gives you a useful item (Physic Staff).

They will stay there for a while, but eventually disappear. A few chapters/battles or so.

And the bonus box is basically extra content, yeah. There are some post-game maps you can add to the world map, and you can buy equipment from, fight, or recruit the spotpass characters. The items you can get are also free legendary weapons, along with some other free items for getting your renown up (beating/recruiting spotpass teams, finishing story chapters).

Randdalf

You can't recruit Anna in that chapter, but she helps protect that village which gives you a useful item (Physic Staff).

They will stay there for a while, but eventually disappear. A few chapters/battles or so.

And the bonus box is basically extra content, yeah. There are some post-game maps you can add to the world map, and you can buy equipment from, fight, or recruit the spotpass characters. The items you can get are also free legendary weapons, along with some other free items for getting your renown up (beating/recruiting spotpass teams, finishing story chapters).

If I recall correctly from previous games, that's ranged healing isn't it? Will I be able to recruit Anna later now that she's been killed in this side story?

K' Dash

Everybody is hitting level 20 in my core party and I hate their second seal class options :( I didn't know about the 20 level cap

Also, as soon as I reached level 20 with Chrome I turned him into a Great Lord and my Avatar a Grand Master, how screwd I;m I for not using second seals first?

Everybody is hitting level 20 in my core party and I hate their second seal class options :( I didn't know about the 20 level cap

Also, as soon as I reached level 20 with Chrome I turned him into a Great Lord and my Avatar a Grand Master, how screwd I;m I for not using second seals first?

None at all. You can use the second seals after running through those classes first.

So I'm getting this game on Wednesday. I've played pretty much every FE, and I like to think I'm pretty good at them. I've seen/heard that this game is easier than most FE's, so my question is: What difficulty should I play on?

Keep in mind that I want my first play through to be fun and not agonizing :p

Is there a way to reset a battle in the midst of it? Whenever I lost a character I exit to the home menu and restart that way, but it would be much easier if there were an in-game way to do it.

START/SELECT + R + L
EXCELLENT! Thank you so much.

I cut my average time down so much not knowing this with the demo and the early chapters.
Yep, haha. My average playtime is about 28 minutes now thanks to the several times I've restarted.

This game is damn amazing so far though. FE/Sacred Stones/Path of Radiance were all stellar in their own ways, but this is beating them all handily so far. So glad I decided to pick this up to hold me over until Animal Crossing, as I'm sure it will do the job deftly.

And damn, the dialogue in this game is so good! Even the occasional "Damn!" and "Gods!" is enough to elevate the weightiness of the situation without feeling like it's intentionally going overboard into crass or excessive territory, language-wise.

katkombat

Banned
START/SELECT + R + L

Thank you so much! I am stuck at ENDGAME BOSS
Grima
, so I think I need to grind a bit.

Since I am at endgame, I would like to say this: this game is hands down the best portable game ever made. It is currently tied for goty with metal gear rising. I love this game so much. It was free as well! Best free game everrrrrrrrr

CorvoSol

So I've gotten Galeforce for Olivia and Cordelia, and I know that Sumia, Maribelle, and Lissa can get it, too, how many other mothers can learn it? Tharja can't, and I'm betting at least Miriel won't be able to, but what about Sully and Cherche?

So I've gotten Galeforce for Olivia and Cordelia, and I know that Sumia, Maribelle, and Lissa can get it, too, how many other mothers can learn it? Tharja can't, and I'm betting at least Miriel won't be able to, but what about Sully and Cherche?

Sully and Cherche can't either.

It's only those five you listed that can besides Female MU.

katkombat

Banned
MYx4EIc.jpg

i have never played a game this much in three days... holy shit....

no regrets

edit: thanks anteo

Anteo

HUUUUUGEEEE Picture.

Also that was me when I played Kid Icarus Uprising. I could not stop.
And about this game, I think I'm over 240 hours now. Gotta get all the supports, FemaleAvatar versions included.

katkombat

Banned
HUUUUUGEEEE Picture.

Also that was me when I played Kid Icarus Uprising. I could not stop.
And about this game, I think I'm over 240 hours now. Gotta get all the supports, FemaleAvatar versions included.

thinking the next game I get will be KI: Uprising or Soul Hackers...maybe KH:DDD as well.

edit: i was looking at the case for this and realized huge spoiler is
lucina wearing the mask as to not show chrom who she is, because of the eye?
just a thought, and I figure that's why.

GamerSoul

Hard Mode is definitely challenging but in a good way. They are just throwing so many units at me sometimes I lose a character because they're taking so many hits from all the enemy kills taking a toll. Nowi is working well as a shield though. lol

Anteo

thinking the next game I get will be KI: Uprising or Soul Hackers...maybe KH:DDD as well.

edit: i was looking at the case for this and realized huge spoiler is
lucina wearing the mask as to not show chrom who she is, because of the eye?
just a thought, and I figure that's why.

Not really, remember that when
she loses the mask, she doesnt try to get a new one. Just stay like that. Before her present counterpart was born there was not much risk at Chrom discovering her mark (because he would not think she is his daughter). And after she is born, she just reveals who she is.

The actual reason is that she wanted to look just like the Hero King Marth, so she used the mask to hide she is a woman. Lucina explains that to Tiki in their supports.

Also the twist on this fire emblem story got nothing on Kid Icarus twists.

Edit: Also, spoilers about the whole story
Is Chrom supposed to die at the Dragon's Table? I know that in the Premonition MU hurts Chrom, but Lucina's support with Chrom and what her Future Past DLC counterpart says when she sees her father, it reads like she remembers him, so he should have survived that. Unless that chapter happens 4-5 years after she is born.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
she loses the mask, she doesnt try to get a new one. Just stay like that. Before her present counterpart was born there was not much risk at Chrom discovering her mark (because he would not think she is his daughter). And after she is born, she just reveals who she is.

The actual reason is that she wanted to look just like the Hero King Marth, so she used the mask to hide she is a woman. Lucina explains that to Tiki in their supports.

Is Chrom supposed to die at the Dragon's Table? I know that in the Premonition MU hurts Chrom, but Lucina's support with Chrom and what her Future Past DLC counterpart says when she sees her father, it reads like she remembers him, so he should have survived that. Unless that chapter happens 4-5 years after she is born.

The whole time line is messed up due to her interference.

Anteo

The whole time line is messed up due to her interference.

Hmmmm right. Considering that,
they basically got to the same situation but much much earlier in their time (having the Fire Emblem at the Dragon's table, and the Shepards trying to recover it). Future MU did his/her part too trying to "fix" history.

Also I just remembered
What happened to future Lissa? Acording to Lucina she was alive. My best guess would be Heroic sacrifice trying to defend the portal to the past. Or she just was left for dead. Or she came back but was never found.

ohlawd

eh the dialogue might just be screwed and is inconsistent in regards to that person.

She's definitely alive and was said to bring hope to all those who still live. But then you read some supports from various children (for example, FeMU x Noire; Noire says all the mothers are dead) and the Future Past DLC that say otherwise. Who the hell knows. Best case scenario (cuz I'm a massive Lissa lover), maybe she just stuck around as a healer?

Anteo

eh the dialogue might just be screwed and is inconsistent in regards to that person.

She's definitely alive and was said to bring hope to all those who still live. But then you read some supports from various children (for example, FeMU x Noire; Noire says all the mothers are dead) and the Future Past DLC that say otherwise. Who the hell knows. Best case scenario (cuz I'm a massive Lissa lover), maybe she just stuck around as a healer?

Wait, what is said about that person in the Future Past DLC?
Anyways that story is different from the future Lucina came back, one of the gemstones was missing in her future, also she isn't even sure if her future will still be there for her to come back, with the missing gemstone and all that. So the only way for her to survive is to go back in time. Maybe Lissa landed on Telius? Some of the kids landed on Valm so...

ohlawd

Wait, what is said about that person in the Future Past DLC?
Anyways that story is different from the future Lucina came back, one of the gemstones was missing in her future, also she isn't even sure if her future will still be there for her to come back, with the missing gemstone and all that. So the only way for her to survive is to go back in time. Maybe Lissa landed on Telius? Some of the kids landed on Valm so...

Owain says she's dead in Future Past 2 when you have Lissa talk to him. Forgot that FP timeline is different, is separate and even more hardcore than our Lucina's timeline. Ahh nvm what I said lols. We can take out Future Past in our conversation but that doesn't deny the conflict between

Lucina's conversation with Lissa at the start of Owain's Paralogue

and

FeMU x Noire

Anteo

Owain says she's dead in Future Past 2 when you have Lissa talk to him. Forgot that FP timeline is different, is separate and even more hardcore than our Lucina's timeline. Ahh nvm what I said lols. We can take out Future Past in our conversation but that doesn't deny the conflict between

Lucina's conversation with Lissa at the start of Owain's Paralogue

and

FeMU x Noire

Well we don't even know if
all the kids traveled back at the same time. Maybe Lucina came back first.
But enough of that. I really need to finish my work =P

katkombat

Banned

ah that does make sense. i was just assuming on her attitude after chrom questions if she's a girl or whatever.

ohlawd

ooh nice that's another possibility. No, you can stay, keep this convo up while finishing up your work at the same time :p

yeah that could work. Laurent obviously screwed up, probably went first and got into some nasty shit. That's why he's older than Lucina when he shouldn't be. So at some point, Lissa still lives with some kids still remaining. Maybe Noire's one of the last kids to go through and that's when Lissa died.

ooh nice that's another possibility. No, you can stay, keep this convo up while finishing up your work at the same time :p

yeah that could work. Laurent obviously screwed up, probably went first and got into some nasty shit. That's why he's older than Lucina when he shouldn't be. So at some point, Lissa still lives with some kids still remaining. Maybe Noire's one of the last kids to go through and that's when Lissa died.

Actually what Laurent says is that he fell back further back in time than the other kids. Apparently, they all went back at the same time but arrived at different places and different times. So he got sent back much further than the others and had to wait for everyone else to appear.

Busaiku

And with that, I'm done.
I still have stuff to do, getting 99999 Renown, getting all the Supports for everybody, then doing everything on the Female Robin side, but I honestly doubt I'll do it all.

Hopefully I get to it during some of the birthdays and whatnot, but probably not.
Fitting that I'm "finished" on Chrom's birthday.

ohlawd

Actually what Laurent says is that he fell back further back in time than the other kids. Apparently, they all went back at the same time but arrived at different places and different times. So he got sent back much further than the others and had to wait for everyone else to appear.

So everyone DID go through at the same time? Hmm now I remember Laurent's supports with his dad.

What does this mean? Who's telling dem lies?

Anteo

So everyone DID go through at the same time? Hmm now I remember Laurent's supports with his dad.

What does this mean? Who's telling dem lies?

Is the door wide enough for all of the to step inside at the same time? ;)
Maybe the timeframe was smaller.

Edit: Or maybe only the kids can be send back in time, after all Naga refers to them in Future Past as
the exalted princess and 11 born with the power to alter their destinies. So Lissa had to be left there, and is assumed to be death by Noire? I need to check Noire supports to know exactly what she said.

Hmmm.... should I wait beyond level 10 to change classes for characters with a master seal? Is there any way for them to change classes WITHOUT the item?

It's been so long since I've played previous Fire Emblem games that I can't quite remember the nuances of this particular mechanic

Top Bottom