• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT2| PAL reinforcements

McNum

Should still reclass her for skills, even if Manakete is her best final class. She can grab a couple breaker skills from the Wyvern tree and Lifetaker from Dark Knight.
Also consider Deliverer from Griffon Rider. Can't be a Tactical Insertion Killer Interceptor if you're slow, can you?

But, yes, a Manakete with Lifetaker is funny. She probably eats them for the health boost.

Because I hate having guys in my party that I don't like, or am never going to use:/

Everyone apart from Chrom, Frederick, Lissa and Sumia has been sacrificed (currently on chapter 7), but it seems that was a mistake.

Oh well, they were all peasants anyway. May their corpse' be a reminder not to mess with the shepards. Even if you're an ally, there's boundaries you just don't cross

You are probably preventing yourself from recruiting the children if you are sending their potential parents out to die.
Good point, bur children aren't welcome in my party

Why suicide them when you could just bench them forever? Also think of the children!

You can do that?

ffdgh

At the rate you're going, the future maps may overwhelm you depending on what difficulty you're on with just 5(?) people lol.

And I mean just don't use them.

At the rate you're going, the future maps may overwhelm you depending on what difficulty you're on with just 5(?) people lol.

And I mean just don't use them.

But even if you don't use them, they still appear in the list when selecting your units, could you remove them from there?

Chrom and Frederick are kicking ass though, they can take out everything in one hit and score a crit 40% of the time. I've yet to see a warrior that can match their steel.

Dresden

But even if you don't use them, they still appear in the list when selecting your units, could you remove them from there?

Chrom and Frederick are kicking ass though, they can take out everything in one hit and score a crit 40% of the time. I've yet to see a warrior that can match their steel.

Well, that's because with everyone dead, all the xp gets funneled to them. lol

At least level up the avatar instead of Frederick.

Oxx

I'm having to start dismissing the legacy characters now. Not enough room. Oh well, I don't use them anyway.

Your killed Lon'qu, Vaike, Panne, Gaius, Sully, Kellam, Cordelia, Miriel, Ricken, Maribelle, and Virion.
Wow.
Lon'qu - Doesn't talk, I wanted his sword
Vaike, Sully, Kellam, Miriel, Virion - They all look stupid
Ricken - A kid
Maribelle - She was being a snob

I haven't seen Panne, Gauis or Cordelia though, can you miss them?

Well, that's because with everyone dead, all the xp gets funneled to them. lol

At least level up the avatar instead of Frederick.

I'll do that.

Busaiku

Ricken - A kid

Then you must actually be on Chapter 6 and haven't started it.
You can't miss Panne, but you can kill Gaius (he's an an enemy on the same map), and Cordelia comes in the next chapter.

ffdgh

Ricken - A kid

I'll do that.

Uhh you're on ch 7 right? So you have already seen gaius and killed him likely and panne in ch 6...

Anteo

Ricken - A kid

I'll do that.

So you have killed every character that grows faster and better than Frederick. Okay then.

Then you must actually be on Chapter 6 and haven't started it.
You can't miss Panne, but you can kill Gaius (he's an an enemy on the same map), and Cordelia comes in the next chapter.

Uhh you're on ch 7 right? So you have already seen gaius and killed him likely and panne in ch 6...
Sorry, made a mistake, must only be on chapter 6.

So you have killed every character that grows faster and better than Frederick. Okay then.

Ok then, I'll stop levelling Frederick and use MC and Chrom. Lissa can heal, Sumia can be the back up dancer. If some cool new dudes come along then I'll use them if they treat me right. Anyone with a pegasus gets to live, I couldn't bear to see a winged horse die

ffdgh

There's only one dancer.... Well 2 but the second one is a dancer in heart :p

Simian can't become a dancer...no one can besides one person.

Anteo

Sorry, made a mistake, must only be on chapter 6.

Ok then, I'll stop levelling Frederick and use MC and Chrom. Lissa can heal, Sumia can be the back up dancer. If some cool new dudes come along then I'll use them if they treat me right. Anyone with a pegasus gets to live, I couldn't bear to see a winged horse die

It doesnt really matter in the end if you are playing on normal, you can solo the game with just 2 units anyways. And it seems that you think the chidren will be 10 years olds runing in the battlefield :lol

There's only one dancer.... Well 2 but the second one is a dancer in heart :p

Simian can't become a dancer...no one can besides one person.
Didn't even know there was a dancer class, I was just talking about morale support:p

It doesnt really matter in the end if you are playing on normal, you can solo the game with just 2 units anyways. And it seems that you think the chidren will be 10 years olds runing in the battlefield :lol

I can't remember what difficulty it was, but it definitely isn't the hardest one. What age are the kids then? When someone says "kids" I usually think no older than 15/16 and annoying.

In case you couldn't tell, this is my first Fire Emblem and one of the only strategy rpgs I've played- the others being Final Fantasy Tactics and Disgae 4 (which I played through using one character because I liked his hat)

Anteo

Didn't even know there was a dancer class, I was just talking about morale support:p

I can't remember what difficulty it was, but it definitely isn't the hardest one. What age are the kids then? When someone says "kids" I usually think no older than 15/16 and annoying.

In case you couldn't tell, this is my first Fire Emblem and one of the only strategy rpgs I've played- the others being Final Fantasy Tactics and Disgae 4 (which I played through using one character because I liked his hat)

The children mechanic is pretty new to the seres, there was one other game that had it but it was implemented in a different way and it was a japan only game.
Don't worry about it then, wait until you are halfway into the game, everything will make sense about the children.

Randdalf

Chapter 7 is annoying me. I always seem to get to a good spot and then somebody gets killed, usually Vaike (always Vaike!). I've been trying to move my units towards the centre of the map as quickly as possible so I can dodge the wyverns that will attack from the left.

Any tips for training Donnel? I'm just pairing him up with safe characters at the moment, switching him in for an easy kill now and then.

Moonlight

Banned
Ricken - A kid
I'm speechless.

...you know you can remove items from a character's inventory without, y'know, killing them.

Right?

Chapter 7 is annoying me. I always seem to get to a good spot and then somebody gets killed, usually Vaike (always Vaike!). I've been trying to move my units towards the centre of the map as quickly as possible so I can dodge the wyverns that will attack from the left.

Any tips for training Donnel? I'm just pairing him up with safe characters at the moment, switching him in for an easy kill now and then.

Vaike has horrible DEF, I would honestly recommend not to use him until you can lvl him up so he doesn't die as quickly.

Your method of training Donnel is already the ideal way. Just make sure no other enemies are near him at the end of your turn.

Wiseblade

Ricken - A kid

idDMwKxnLRPH3.gif

Why would that even matter? Why do you need them off that list? You'd eventually get enough units that they drift to the bottom of the list and you'll never see them again.

...wait... do you mean they get selected for battle even though you don't use them in the battle? I really hope you know you can deselect units for battle by pressing A on a selected unit...

Ricken - A kid

You could've just had Lon'qu give you his sword in the inventory screen... have you played other SRPGs? Maybe those have systems that work like what you expect...

Man, Sage Ricken!Owain makes such a good partner for Balls-To-The-Wall Brady. I'm contemplating switching Gaius!Cynthia out of my main team for him.

I'm speechless.

...you know you can remove items from a character's inventory without, y'know, killing them.

Right?

You could've just had Lon'qu give you his sword in the inventory screen... have you played other SRPGs? Maybe those have systems that work like what you expect...
Yeah, I know you can remove their weapons, but I was going to kill him anyway so.. it saves some time.

As for other SRPGs, I've only played Final Fantasy Tactics and Disgae 4 (as mentioned above) and I don't think you had to do that in either of them

Why would that even matter? Why do you need them off that list? You'd eventually get enough units that they drift to the bottom of the list and you'll never see them again.

...wait... do you mean they get selected for battle even though you don't use them in the battle? I really hope you know you can deselect units for battle by pressing A on a selected unit...
That's what OCD + being irrational and stupid will do:D I just don't like having units in the party I'm never going to use (or I don't like).

Anyway I am in chapter 7 now, got the sixth party member - Cordelia (Pegasus knight and spear user)

LMAO Deadpandas killing off his characters on purpose makes me laugh yet feel very sad at the same time.

I have only lost 1 character in my entire play though on normal. Poor Ricken, dying to an axe hit. I was in a favorable position and didn't want to reset again after getting really good engages and items.

ohlawd

Ricken - A kid

laaaaaaaawd...... this is all terrible but bolded is just super terrible.

This is hilarious though.

ohlawd

Lon'qu actually... sucks.

I really like his supports with the girls but yeah he's kinda an awful father. Look at dem stat mods, how is this dude premium? Can't even give him to Miriel even though Laurent would love Vantage.

GamerSoul

I understand how some of the characters can seem ugly but because he doesn't talk? Eh, I can't judge we all play our own way I guess.

Trade in this game and go buy Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon. YOUD LOVE IT.

lol

Maybe there should be an option to respectfully relieve characters you don't want from their duties. Chrom would say Go home and be a family man/woman!

TWILT

Banned
Lon'qu actually... sucks.

I really like his supports with the girls but yeah he's kinda an awful father. Look at dem stat mods, how is this dude premium? Can't even give him to Miriel even though Laurent would love Vantage.

+3 Skill and Speed is really good IMO. At least Lon'qu helped make a fantastic Severa for me.

ohlawd

Lon'qu is only good for Severa if you want darling Severa to be a Sorcerer that can outspeed everything with a Dark Flier pair up (+8 Mag and +8 Speed <3)

-1 Mag from Stahl isn't going to kill you but at least Severa will have better skills for her repertoire.

Draxal

Deadpandas is weird.

I finally found somebody who would like Shadow's Dragons gaiden requirements. I didn't think that person would exist; but yeah killing people off is really bad in this game because you'll miss the kids and their side missions if the parents aren't around.

+3 Skill and Speed is really good IMO. At least Lon'qu helped make a fantastic Severa for me.

Severa doesn't really need any extra skill or speed as that's what her mom already gives her. I do like Lon'Qu/Laurent though; he's a fast bastard.

demidar

Yeah most problem Swordmasters/Myrmidons have is insufficient strength in the later part of the games where enemies are level 40 and have 30+ armor. Then you need to compensate their damage with slayer weapons.

However this strength deficiency can be fixed with proper children planning. My Yarne can demolish everything, if Astra triggers dude is dead.

Top Bottom