• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT2| PAL reinforcements

GamerSoul

I tried to raise donny but he was falling behind level wise so I gave up on him early. :/ On the other hand raising Morgan and Kjelle have been the greatest to level up. My daughters are killing machines, especially when paired up for extra speed. Lucina is also amazing. I need more children lol.

Oxx

Kids are crazy. I just married-off Owain to Severa, and Lucina to Inigo and they just galeforce around the map destroying everything.

GamerSoul

Haha, I love Morgan. She grows so fast and she's already a lvl 20 War Cleric. Spoilt for choice on what to reclass her as.

So true about how fast she grows. my Morgan started as a cavalier because of Sully (making her really look like Sully's daughter with short red hair and all lol) and her stats rival or surpass most of my other units. She has 54 hp already as a level 3 Paladin.

one_kill

So I heard this game is easy compared to other FE games, and I've played most of them, so what difficulty level would you guys suggest I start on?
Classic/Hard?

You can try Lunatic, but that mode is hard even for veterans. I suggest going for Hard/Classic first if you're a FE veteran.

Succubi Pie

Neo Member
Support grinding is really eviscerating the life from this game. I should just nut up and finish it and grind supports when I feel like I guess.

Streetpassing some real murderers out there.

They're expensive, but they get the job done. For my second playthrough I'm going to keep using reeking boxes at the first level to raise everyone up from the bottom so they don't get killed off so easily. But for my first time around I got a sage, Pegasus rider, and trickster as my leading forces while everyone else followed along. Helped out during endgame when even they were doing like 4-10 damage to Grima.

Labadal

Too bad because he's one of the better written characters in the game!

It's good that I'm planning to play this more than once. I'd be very unhappy otherwise.

I want to play without any guides or help on my first playthrough. I'm going to try to do everything on another run.

Sendou

Same, I want to play him for the Summer Scramble DLC. The wiki with all the character dialog is tempting. Days upon hours of replays replaced with maybe an hour of reading.

His Summer Scramble conversations are top-notch! Again, one of the better written ones in the whole DLC.

You should give it a shot. The only negative thing about it is the ridiculous proc chance overrides any other Skill-reliant ability, which negates Sol, Luna and the like.

Actually, according to http://serenesforest.net/fe13/calculation.html, the override priority is Lethality > Aether > Astra > Sol > Luna > Ignis > Vengeance. So Vengeance is at the bottom of the priority, and it only triggers if nothing else triggers.

I think I just messed up. Accidentally married Chrom to Sumia ( didin't know that getting S rank support would do it automatically) and I only have 3 dudes but 4 girls.

MC is going to marry Tharja and Frederick will marry Lissa -"Chrom, I only became a knight so I could bone your sister". So that leaves Cordelia without anyone.

How many guys join you after chapter 9? I know another female that does join, so that will be 5 girls and only 3 guys - need 2 more.

If I kill Sumia then can Chrom marry someone else?

Chrom

How many guys join you after chapter 9? I know another female that does join, so that will be 5 girls and only 3 guys - need 2 more.

If I kill Sumia then can Chrom marry someone else?

You get plenty of other male and female characters after Chapter 9.

You can't change marriage partners once they're set.

massoluk

Banned
I'm screwed with Aversa prologue ain't I? How the hell do you beat this stage with no one left behind when you're fighting mirror images? :\

This stage throws a wrench in my perfect plan toward Army of the Gods.

I'm screwed with Aversa prologue ain't I? How the hell do you beat this stage with no one left behind when you're fighting mirror images? :\

This does involve some extra grinding but you could make everyone into a base class, level them to level 10 and have them all promote with master seals at the beginning of the chapter.

demidar

This is what I did.

Get some super weak Spotpass units, 4 or 5 should do, and leave them in the far back or use them for pairing up. The weaknesses they have is each type has a set of weapons, so you can try and overpower them with far stronger weapons. Pair up to concentrate power as much as possible, and unequip Rally abilities. Stand just on the edge of their movement then wipe out as many as possible when it's your turn, or send in a pair of God units to cleanup with Brave Weapons.

Even then, it was still pretty hard, I had to perfectly predict what the AI would do and crunch numbers in my head.

OMG, you'd go that far?! :p

Well I was doing support grinding so it was a logical progression to do that.

Alternatively, you could equip skills that the enemy can't use like Dual Support or Dual Guard and not like Luna and Sol and abuse pair up with your best supporting pairs. Just try and cripple the enemy and use the systems they won't use.

massoluk

Banned
Well I was doing support grinding so it was a logical progression to do that.

Alternatively, you could equip skills that the enemy can't use like Dual Support or Dual Guard and not like Luna and Sol and abuse pair up with your best supporting pairs. Just try and cripple the enemy and use the systems they won't use.

Your words are full of wisdom, wiseman. I'll try that. Thanks

ffdgh

Yeah I took the easy way too and had chrom and a team full of weak spot pass units. After the other chrom is dead it's a cakewalk.

I would love to attempt a limit breaker run of that paralogue lol.

massoluk

Banned
Alright, my game plan. Have Chrom and Avatar pair up with only pair up skills. Weak Spotpass characters the rest. Sound easy enough.

Top Bottom