• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT2| PAL reinforcements

Dr.Hadji

You know, I'm really liking these almost completely open levels at the end of the game. Manipulating the field of enemies takes on a whole set of new dynamics when you actively have to space them without any field hazards.

Guys, I need some help here. After my super-awesome Kjelle I wanted to have Armsthrift on Severa and Gerome. Unfortunately, neither has enough luck (45) and even paired up it doesn't exceed 50.

Is there some way of making up that gap or should I give them something else?

Rally Luck (Lv. 5 War Cleric/Priest skill) gives a +8 bonus.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Pair them up with Lucina or Chrom as a Great Lord. He should give them at least 5 Luck, which would push them over the threshold.

Also, SorSevera with forged Aversa's Night (renamed Orlock because why not), Armsthrift and Vengeance is godlike. GOD. FREAKING. LIKE.

Doesn't that make Vengeance kinda useless?

Guys, I need some help here. After my super-awesome Kjelle I wanted to have Armsthrift on Severa and Gerome. Unfortunately, neither has enough luck (45) and even paired up it doesn't exceed 50.

Is there some way of making up that gap or should I give them something else?

Pair up can solve that.

Great Lords give the highest luck boost (+4), if they have at least 30 luck or more, it'll provide an extra (+3) and if they have an A or a S support, that can provide another boost (+2).

Actually just have 30+ luck and A or S support rank and you'll have 5 extra luck just there without the class bonus.

Doesn't that make Vengeance kinda useless?

It means that if she takes damage, she almost always heals back up to full health due to the damage bonus.

Her Skillset right now is Vengeance, Limit Breaker, Gale Force, Armsthrift and All Stats +2. I also have a forged Ruin and a Mire on her for extra versatility.

Espada

Pair them up with Lucina or Chrom as a Great Lord. He should give them at least 5 Luck, which would push them over the threshold.

Also, SorSevera with forged Aversa's Night (renamed Orlock because why not), Armsthrift and Vengeance is godlike. GOD. FREAKING. LIKE.

That sounds crazy, but I'll stick with my Hero Severa. It's crazy that she has as much (or more) skill and speed than my Assassins while having higher attack and defenses. She's one of the reasons why I posted earlier asking why the kids are so damn strong.

Rally Luck (Lv. 5 War Cleric/Priest skill) gives a +8 bonus.

Wow, now there's a class I've never used. I'll see if one of my characters would be good as that job (and whether it's worth giving up their current one).

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
It means that if she takes damage, she almost always heals back up to full health due to the damage bonus.

Her Skillset right now is Vengeance, Limit Breaker, Gale Force, Armsthrift and All Stats +2. I also have a forged Ruin and a Mire on her for extra versatility.

Ah, that makes sense. I never used Vengeance.

I finally found somebody who would like Shadow's Dragons gaiden requirements. I didn't think that person would exist; but yeah killing people off is really bad in this game because you'll miss the kids and their side missions if the parents aren't around.
I looked for a copy but it's far too expensive and I wouldn't have time to play it just now anyway.

Anyway- chapter 8 now, MC is now a myrmidon and Chrom is a mega lord. Lissa has fallen behind in levels and can't do very much, Sumia and Cordelia are raining down arrow death and Frederick is still taking names.

Gauis, Nowi, Gregor and rabbit girl (Pannella?) have all been eliminated.

And the music still rocks. Now I just need to figure out who to marry, or can I just marry everyone?

Ah, that makes sense. I never used Vengeance.

You should give it a shot. The only negative thing about it is the ridiculous proc chance overrides any other Skill-reliant ability, which negates Sol, Luna and the like.

For extra fun, try out Morgan with Vengeance, Wrath, Vantage, Limit Breaker and Miracle. It's absolutely hilarious.

EDIT: Why would you kill Gregor and Gaius?

Why?

Do you hate fun?

I looked for a copy but it's far too expensive and I wouldn't have time to play it just now anyway.

Anyway- chapter 8 now, MC is now a myrmidon and Chrom is a mega lord. Lissa has fallen behind in levels and can't do very much, Sumia and Cordelia are raining down arrow death and Frederick is still taking names.

Gauis, Nowi, Gregor and rabbit girl (Pannella?) have all been eliminated.

And the music still rocks. Now I just need to figure out who to marry, or can I just marry everyone?

Your avatar can marry anyone (once) of the opposite gender. Everyone else can marry each other (excluding the spotpass characters and the other obvious ones) at anytime you choose. Chrom is the only one that has a "time limit" since he'll be married by the end of chapter 11 automatically.

Also, I might as well accept that you'll end up killing Tharja in Chapter 9.

Succubi Pie

Neo Member
H-hey. Pretty new here and just finished FA:A about a day ago. It was my first as well. Pretty fun. I'm disappointed I couldn't marry same genders. But aside from the baby stuff, it should just branch off into another path just as it would if you don't marry.

EDIT: Why would you kill Gregor and Gaius?

Why?

Do you hate fun?
You killed nowi Gregor, gaius and panne? What is wrong with you? Lol all of them are great units
I kinda felt bad about Gaius, but he was kinda weak, wasn't using a spear as his weapon and wasn't riding a pegasus or wyvern, so he had to go. Likewise for Gregor.

Nowi - 1000 year old dragon girl? Please, that's so 1990's.

Your avatar can marry anyone (once) of the opposite gender. Everyone else can marry each other (excluding the spotpass characters and the other obvious ones) at anytime you choose. Chrom is the only one that has a "time limit" since he'll be married by the end of chapter 11 automatically.

Also, I might as well accept that you'll end up killing Tharja in Chapter 9.
Well then, it will be between Frederick and Cordellia. Think I'll marry Cordelia and get a pegasus child, but I haven't got all the characters yet so maybe someone cooler will pop up.

For Chrom, you're saying if he's not married by the end of chapter 11 then the game will do it automatically?
You can't marry dead people!

I don't want to marry dead people! They were irresponsible, brought it on themselves

Oh man, if you're exclusively going by those criteria then you're gonna have a bad time lategame. Most of the allies from here on have swords and none have pegasi unless you reclass them.

Also, be careful with a certain character that you obtain in Chapter 13. They're treated like Chrom and the Avatar in that if they die, it's game over.

Anteo

Oh man, if you're exclusively going by those criteria then you're gonna have a bad time lategame. Most of the allies from here on have swords and none have pegasi unless you reclass them.

Also, be careful with a certain character that you obtain in Chapter 13. They're treated like Chrom and the Avatar in that if they die, it's game over.

I'm pretty sure that
Lucina just falls back.

ffdgh

Yeahhh...1000 year old Loli aside, she would have eventually overshadowed your Frederick...tho the same could be said about alot of units lol.

Anteo

Yeahhh...1000 year old Loli aside, she would have eventually overshadowed your Frederick...tho the same could be said about alot of units lol.

Every unit can level up faster than Fred and get better stats in less time. I mean what kind of GreatKnight has 14 def at level 1! 28 or bust.

You are gonna have so much fun with Warriors, WindSages, Snipers and BowKinghts!
My dude, Chrom and Frederick can deal with them! No problem

I might make a few exceptions, if they want to serve me enough , but 10 units is my limit (currently sitting with 6).

I'm also considering ditching Lissa, since she hasn't been pulling her weight for a while, only good for healing which is something that badasses rarely need to do.

And I think I know who the chapter 13 character is gonna be. The games really been pushing them in your face

Well then, it will be between Frederick and Cordellia. Think I'll marry Cordelia and get a pegasus child, but I haven't got all the characters yet so maybe someone cooler will pop up.

For Chrom, you're saying if he's not married by the end of chapter 11 then the game will do it automatically?
Right.

In the most likely case he'll end up marrying
Sumia
since she has more priority then the other girls.
I don't want to marry dead people! They were irresponsible, brought it on themselves

Yep, now I'm sure you'll kill her.

If it helps, Tharja is the enemy Dark Mage unit who can only be recruited by talking to Chrom (Tip: Pair him with a flyer to talk/reach her, avoid her squares, and pair her with someone after recruiting for insurance).

That's my advice if you actually want to recruit her.

Anteo

I might make a few exceptions, if they want to serve me enough , but 10 units is my limit (currently sitting with 6).

I'm also considering ditching Lissa, since she hasn't been pulling her weight for a while, only good for healing which is something that badasses rarely need to do.

And I think I know who the chapter 13 character is gonna be. The games really been pushing them in your face

The thing is, flyer units have a couple of build in weaknesess, huge weaknesses, not like "Magic is good against Knights" but like "Hammers destroy Knights"
Well if you are not on hard, reinforcements will be no problem.

ffdgh

Please before you do something crazy to Lissa, master seal her into a sage.

If you let Henry and Donny die, I swear to Naga...

Donny is that weak farmer guy, right? He died a looong time ago, pull your weight or go home

Right.

In the most likely case he'll end up marrying
Sumia
since she has more priority then the other girls.

Yep, now I'm sure you'll kill her.

If it helps, Tharja is the enemy Dark Mage unit who can only be recruited by talking to Chrom (Tip: Pair him with a flyer to talk/reach her, avoid her squares, and pair her with someone after recruiting for insurance).

That's my advice if you actually want to recruit her.
I'll recruit her and see whether or not shes fit to be in my army! If so, that will be the 7th member
Please before you do something crazy to Lissa, master seal her into a sage.
Does that mean she can do damage?

Donny is that weak farmer guy, right? He died a looong time ago, pull your weight or go home

tumblr_lrsnzdBKye1qafrh6.gif

WHAT

WHY

MY DONNY HAS OVER 360 VALUE

HE'S BETTER THAN FRED BY A LONG SHOT

THIS IS WHAT YOU'RE MISSING OUT ON:

gcNxKPI.png

YOU WILL NEVER EXPERIENCE THIS BECAUSE YOU KILLED HIM

YOU MONSTER

He's basically the Magikarp of this game. You're missing out.
That's a good thing...how do you revive him?

It seems that you have something against everyone that is better than Fred.

WHY

MY DONNY HAS OVER 360 VALUE

HE'S BETTER THAN FRED BY A LONG SHOT

THIS IS WHAT YOU'RE MISSING OUT ON:

YOU WILL NEVER EXPERIENCE THIS BECAUSE YOU KILLED HIM

YOU MONSTER
But he couldn't even kill a bandit. One lousy bandit, that's all I asked of him

Yeah. Throw her a thunder tome and let her work her way up to greatness.

Ok, I will. You saved Lissa's life

But he couldn't even kill a bandit. One lousy bandit, that's all I asked of him

Do me a solid. Run out into the street with a pot on your head and kill a gangster.

OH WAIT YOU CAN'T BECAUSE YOU'RE NOT A TRAINED WARRIOR

Donny coulda had class. He coulda been a Hero. He coulda been somebody, instead of dead, which is whathe is, let's face it.

tumblr_mip847Ui3W1qzusefo1_500.gif

I'll recruit her and see whether or not shes fit to be in my army! If so, that will be the 7th member

Well, I'm not sure what fits your criteria, but Dark Mage/Sorceror is THE best class in the entire game. They can easily break the game when equipped with Nosferatu (which Tharja has).

You people make me ill. Donny is both one of the best 1st gen characters as well as being the sweetest, purest character in the entire game.

And you killed him because he didn't meet some sort of twisted kill quota.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
You people make me ill. Donny is both one of the best 1st gen characters as well as being the sweetest, purest character in the entire game.

And you killed him because he didn't meet some sort of twisted kill quota.
I think he's pretty mediocre once you're endgame.

Do me a solid. Run out into the street with a pot on your head and kill a gangster.

OH WAIT YOU CAN'T BECAUSE YOU'RE NOT A TRAINED WARRIOR

Donny coulda had class. He coulda been a Hero. He coulda been somebody, instead of dead, which is whathe is, let's face it.

ThisisDonnel.jpg

Oh god.

I'm laughing so hard right now.

Top Bottom